• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic
Mion
  • Mion

Black Panther

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Can we have a separate thread, Oh wait, Bitch and moan topic!

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Oh, f*ck off. Every GTA has been in the news for "inspiring young people to commit murder". Look up Manhunt, you're going to have a field day. Most of us here have started playing GTA very young and I hate it when people on the forum complain about kids being in GTA:O lobbies. We were 12 years old at some point as well. Let them become a GTA fan. Sure, we didn't have multiplayer back in the day so we didn't really annoy anyone but times change.

I've told this before on the forum somewhere but I remember when GTA IV launched some angry dad came on the forum and said how he had to cover his son's ears and eyes because the opening scene said, "Daddy's back, bitches!" and had some fat guy being sodomized by his mistress. Parents are f*cking stupid nowadays. The box does say M-rated and lists violence, nudity and drug usage on the label. The only guaranteed way now to ensure kids aren't exposed to violence is to make all films, books and video games violence-free. Everyone attacks each other with goddamn broccoli sticks. Dogs can be seen as a threat with those teeth they have, better give them plastic dentures instead! Bicycles are too dangerous, let's wrap them in a f*cking bubble.

If I have a kid and he wants to play Mortal Kombat, I'll buy him the collectors edition only if he understands it's a video game. Yes, you can get inspired by characters and stories but you have to differentiate reality and virtual reality. GTA can get bad rep for being a realistic representation of bad things happening in the world but there's amazing stories told by other games. There's even some kids games I would happily play (Lego Batman and other Lego games are funny and for any age). Next thing you know there's news about the sun in GTA V being too bright and kids having to apply sunscreen before playing. 

I hate sensible people.

• Target13, Ezza., Kafonix and 1 other like this

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Well .. 'Murica is not exactly known for it's great public healthcare (including mental healthcare) now is it?
(not saying that there has not been fu*kd up kids anywhere else)

Kid had some serious issues and apparently they were not that well off financially.
So no diagnose, no medicine, game that he should have not played. = This happened.

Life is sh*t and then you die.

Now the conservative press will have a field day demonizing GTA franchise once again.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

the kid obviously has issues, he should knwo by that age what is right and wrong, ive been watching films 18+ and I had to ask a stranger to buy me GTA san andreas when it came out....me and many others turned out fine

......im going to murder your whole family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :devil: 

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

American and his guns problem,don't want to hear don't want to know

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:33 AM Edited by Fireman Sam, 15 August 2014 - 06:35 AM.

Well .. 'Murica is not exactly known for it's great public healthcare (including mental healthcare) now is it?
(not saying that there has not been fu*kd up kids anywhere else)

Kid had some serious issues and apparently they were not that well off financially.
So no diagnose, no medicine, game that he should have not played. = This happened.

Life is sh*t and then you die.

Now the conservative press will have a field day demonizing GTA franchise once again.

Not just the conservative, the entire MAIN STREAM MEDIA is targeting the gaming community.

The more parents who allow kids play RATED 18 games without properly managment,

the FCC will just file a LAWSUIT or BANNED the gaming industry.

GAME OVER for everyone!!!

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

Est. MMXV

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

Uhh.. why do kids even do this? I've been playing GTA since I was like 5 or 6. Parental supervision is required.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

I got a message from a 9 year old girl today. I know it was really a 9 year old because she had a mic.

She asked if I would be her friend.

.BlLirY8.gif

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

This kid already looks like Trevor Philips. Kudos to him for keeping character.

3424468_G-615x345.jpg

• Alchemist likes this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

I don't care what you adults think.

I've been playing GTA since i was 3 and will keep playing GTA forever.

Why? Because i'm one of those rare "Sane" kids who don't copycat everything they see on TV or games.

Seriously though, the media only sees the insane kids and try to blame the parents.

• Ezza., lazyassedlover and Kafonix like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

>Implying none of you played GTA as a child

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

King of crap

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

@Fireman_Sam Fox down my way did this to Watch Dogs calling Aiden a psycho murderous hacker.

OT: In my opinion it seriously depends on the mental state of who's playing. For example my 13 year old brother played gta 5 and he knows better. I believe anyone over 13 should play aany M rated game if they're intelligent enough to not reenact the things that game does.

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:56 AM Edited by Fireman Sam, 15 August 2014 - 06:57 AM.

@Fireman_Sam Fox down my way did this to Watch Dogs calling Aiden a psycho murderous hacker.

OT: In my opinion it seriously depends on the mental state of who's playing. For example my 13 year old brother played gta 5 and he knows better. I believe anyone over 13 should play aany M rated game if they're intelligent enough to not reenact the things that game does.

In that case, Main Stream Media is still targeting the gaming community. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:04 AM

The "mainstream media" isn't targeting anything. You've got idiotic, sensationalist media outlets like The Daily Wail which pander to the right-wing reactionary idiots harping on about stuff like this, but the overwhelming majority of people lie somewhere on the spectrum between "don't care" and "know it's f*cking stupid". There's no empirically demonstrable link between violent media consumption of any kind and societal violence; in fact there's actually a correlation between increasing violent media consumption and decreasing societal violence. The FCC et al aren't going to start banning video games- this argument comes around every few months as part of the right-wing moral crusade and is largely ignored by anyone gifted with logical reasoning.
  • Plank., The Odyssey, Sugar Free Nos and 1 other like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

This thread has run its course and Sam won't he back for a while.
  • Ai®a©ob®a, Sugar Free Nos, Ezza. and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users