Why are kids playing this game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic
Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:24 AM Edited by Fireman Sam, 15 August 2014 - 06:08 AM.

This happened:

March 2014

"14-year-old Eldon Samuel III is facing two counts of first-degree murder for killing his father and 13-year-old brother Monday evening in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Eldon lived with his 46-year-old father, Eldon Samuel Jr., and his 13-year-old brother, Jonathan, who has Down's Syndrome, in a family shelter owned by Saint Vincent de Paul of North Idaho."

"When police arrived at the scene, Eldon was covered in blood, but remained calm and emotionless. Eldon told police that he idolizes Trevor, from Grand Theft Auto V, saying Trevor has anger issues and likes to shoot people, and that's 'kinda cool'. Eldon later confessed that he had been plotting the murder of his father and brother for 8 months."

Can't their parents read " RATED 17 or 18*

I mean wtf is going on the gaming community???

Don't their own parents know that this includes sexual content nudity, and violence???

I hear a squeaker once, these kids need to GTFO.

Their age is between: Age 6 to 14

What kind of parents let a kid play GTA Online which involves sexual content shown only for 18?

What kind of damn society is this?

People need to stop blaming video games, BLAME the parents who bought em for the first place.

Children young as-SIX-exposed-video-games-scenes-involving-violence-prostitution-parents-ignore-age-limits:

-Survey reveals 50% of parents allow their children to play 18 rated games

-Adults admit their children play GTA and Call of Duty for up to 6 hours a day

-Schoolboy, six, asked child protection expert: 'What is a brothel?'

-Counselors say addiction to gaming can be as strong as a drug addiction

From this Article LINKED:

http://www.dailymail...age-limits.html

Do anyone think the video game industry is in trouble from the FCC?

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

Welcome to America.

• who-dat, Testarossa, rickreim and 1 other like this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

last time i checked gta 5 was rated 17 +...

grand-theft-auto-para-ps-gta-entrega-hoy

and i have met little kids who were more mature than some older players.

• lazyassedlover likes this

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

Was you just born yesterday?

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

Welcome to America.

And this happened:

TUFF_CLINT
  • TUFF_CLINT

President Rebels Australia PS4 & Rebels Elite PS4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

My son plays @ 11... generally with me or in invite sessions but he does free roam at times. I was bought up "liberally". If I wanted to know something I only had to ask my parents & I would get an honest & straight to the point answer... no beating around the bush... no "fluffing it up". My son probably knows a little too much compared to my generation, but he still says "oh yuk" when the sex stuff happens & the drug references has probably made him dislike them more (can thank SP mode for that...).

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

"HEY DALLAS! FOLLOW ME!"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

Welcome to America.

It's not exclusively Americans. I've heard South Americans, Mexicans, English, Irish, Scottish and a couple Germanic countries too. It's called poor parenting. A lot of parents just throw a video game at their kid and let it babysit their kid instead of proper interaction with their child.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

noodz for Harambe

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

Poor parenting.

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Trying to think of a member title but my mind keeps Stalin.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:34 AM Edited by GTAVArtem013, 15 August 2014 - 05:36 AM.

It's cheaper than the parents having to pay for a baby sitter constantly every single day or week, whatever the case may be. The game acts as the 'baby sitter.' It's just BS when you have the parent's child later have an incident where he killed grandma, because an actual case related to GTA IV I believe did happen, and than the parents lay blame on the video game, on the media, and anything else in between. They never once consider that maybe their bad parenting had any relation in the incident, It's always someone else's fault because they don't want to think or come to the actual terms of that they failed as a parent from protecting their child.

• Cripto136 likes this

TUFF_CLINT
  • TUFF_CLINT

President Rebels Australia PS4 & Rebels Elite PS4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:34 AM

When I see people blaming a video game, a song or a movie for a crime they have committed, first thing that comes to mind is bullsh*t...! They're looking for a scape goat but the "small minded" among us lap it up & want the video game, song or movie banned.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

noodz for Harambe

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

If parents want to babysit their children with video games, they should be buying kids games, not this game.

hotrider567
  • hotrider567

PC Master Race

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

I'm not going to be a hypocrite because I loved GTA 3 when I was young

BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

MUFC

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:37 AM Edited by BaRe 2G, 15 August 2014 - 05:40 AM.

Because it's fun, the same reason adults play it. I don't think there's anything wrong with kids playing 18+ games, the first game I ever played was Vice City at the age of 8 and I enjoyed it just as I would enjoy a movie or an album, I don't think it had any negative effects lol. Though I do think if kids are playing online they should be banned from using mics until their voice doesn't sound so annoying.

Phorkz
  • Phorkz

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

ma ma ma ma ma ma mama said 

ngbbs4f1ac9652cccc.jpg

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

I still have cashiers ask for my ID when I buy M rated games :(

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

Lack of parenting. 

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

"HEY DALLAS! FOLLOW ME!"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

I still have cashiers ask for my ID when I buy M rated games :(

Excuse me young man, but this is an adults only forum. I'm afraid I'll need to see some ID or I'm calling your mommy and daddy, sport.

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

You're favorite. Neighborly Neighbor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

Well it's not only gamestop allowing children to buy this game with parent approval. You can buy these games a lot cheaper and no questions asked once you click check out on Amazon.
The gaming community has been ruined by little kids off of M games. I remember when i was their age I wanted an M game so bad but I did not buy my own until I was 15 with my own money.
It's also sad to hear how these kid's call themselves rich when their mom probably bought all their stuff.
I was playing with a kid yesterday and he was swearing, calling me a c*nt, ni**er, and other hateful speech, and sure as sh*t when he spit out the word fa**ot. His mom screamed his name like you wouldn't believe and came over and unplugged his ps3 while crying over the microphone.

SightsIn
  • SightsIn

Mid-Tier Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

Welcome to America.

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:52 AM Edited by Fireman Sam, 15 August 2014 - 06:04 AM.

Because it's fun, the same reason adults play it. I don't think there's anything wrong with kids playing 18+ games, the first game I ever played was Vice City at the age of 8 and I enjoyed it just as I would enjoy a movie or an album, I don't think it had any negative effects lol. Though I do think if kids are playing online they should be banned from using mics until their voice doesn't sound so annoying.

A 14 year old boy killed his own father and then blames GTA V.

WHAT THE F**K!!!! 

http://gtaforums.com...entry1066003987

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

Sam, please just shut up.

• The Odyssey, SirFiras47, Ezza. and 2 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

I find it amusing kids blame GTA for their actions.

HipHopMagician
  • HipHopMagician

Some guy on Earth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

Because kids have nothing better to do. 

Go outside and hang out with friends? Pshh

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

Nudity in GTA Online? Where? I must know .. emm for a friend

Seriously though, a copy of a video game is was cheaper than a babysitter 

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

Sam, please just shut up.

Then GTFO. you shut up.

Nudity in GTA Online? Where? I must know .. emm for a friend

Seriously though, a copy of a video game is was cheaper than a babysitter 

The Strip Club duh

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Fly Goils. :U

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:13 AM Edited by BitPieStudios, 15 August 2014 - 06:13 AM.

People need to understand that, when things like this happen, the game is not to blame.

That kid was effed up in the head since birth most likely. Any sane person would never do a thing like this! I watched and played violent games when growing up, and I thought it was cool.

Did I ever think to myself  "god, murder is cool!"? NO WAY.

This is literally not the games fault. This is the work of a fricked up brain, poor parenting, and who knows how many other factors.

Seriously, it's these news items that try and spark the debate that "videogames make kids violent", when in reality these stupid people just want to find an easy thing to blame these problems on.

That kid looks evil in the head just looking at him.

• Tacts_21 likes this

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:19 AM Edited by Tacts_21, 15 August 2014 - 06:22 AM.

People need to understand that, when things like this happen, the game is not to blame.

That kid was effed up in the head since birth most likely. Any sane person would never do a thing like this! I watched and played violent games when growing up, and I thought it was cool.

Did I ever think to myself  "god, murder is cool!"? NO WAY.

This is literally not the games fault. This is the work of a fricked up brain, poor parenting, and who knows how many other factors.

Seriously, it's these news items that try and spark the debate that "videogames make kids violent", when in reality these stupid people just want to find an easy thing to blame these problems on.

That kid looks evil in the head just looking at him.

Yep. What he said !! ^

P.S. did anyone else spot the irony when they saw this thread?

BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

MUFC

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

That kid from the news report was gonna do something like that regardless of whether he played GTA, you can't blame a game played by millions of people for a few of the people playing it being not right in the head.

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

This happened:

March 2014

"14-year-old Eldon Samuel III is facing two counts of first-degree murder for killing his father and 13-year-old brother Monday evening in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Eldon lived with his 46-year-old father, Eldon Samuel Jr., and his 13-year-old brother, Jonathan, who has Down's Syndrome, in a family shelter owned by Saint Vincent de Paul of North Idaho."

"When police arrived at the scene, Eldon was covered in blood, but remained calm and emotionless. Eldon told police that he idolizes Trevor, from Grand Theft Auto V, saying Trevor has anger issues and likes to shoot people, and that's 'kinda cool'. Eldon later confessed that he had been plotting the murder of his father and brother for 8 months."

WTH? See this is why kids don't need to be playing a game like GTA. They can't grasp reality. 

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

It's not about the videogame (I used to chop heads on Vice City when I was 11), it's about the lack of attention. Seriously, eight months planning a murder and the father never had a clue? Come on... videogames don't make children stupid, they're easy to influence, I don't see the kid escaping from the police like Trevor would do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users