267 replies to this topic
Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:01 AM

Found this excellent video. White Man was such a heavy rocker. Loved the message too. 

• Mister Pink likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:19 AM Edited by Achlys, 03 June 2017 - 05:54 AM.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:41 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 01 May 2017 - 07:49 PM.

I love Freddie so much. I'd bet he was so much fun to hang out with. Also great to see him supporting local artists in this video.

Also, this is just amazing....

"One dump, one turd, two tits John Deacon"

• Riqitch8 and Queen like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:00 AM Edited by Queen, 02 May 2017 - 02:00 AM.

It's been said that Queen were boring in the studio. Always analyzing the smallest of details, like that bass and snare part in the video above. But I think it's fascinating. Wish there were more footage of them in the studio. That video was actually the first time Queen allowed people to film them in the studio.

And then there's this. Loved how the band prepped so hard for a 20 minute slot. They absolutely nailed it in the end. Here's their dress rehearsal for Live Aid.

And a killer interview before the gig.

• Mister Pink and Riqitch8 like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:03 AM Edited by Queen, 12 May 2017 - 03:07 AM.

Roger released a new single this past week on iTunes. It can only be bought as a video. It reached #1 in the video charts for iTunes in the UK, and #16 in the US, I think. It's a pretty cool video and the track is classic Roger. Introspective...deep...beautiful...

Anyway, here's a few snippets of the track.

It's got a late Bowie feel to it. Very eerie, actually.

And here's an interview about the single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjq5DV-oNl0

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

Queen are going on North American and European tour starting next month..Who's going to see them? I think I'll go. :)

http://www.queenonli...m-lambert/2017/

• Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

I'll be seeing them twice during the North American tour. :)

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

I'll be seeing them twice during the North American tour. :)

Excellent man. Try get some pics and keep us updated with how it goes :)

• Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:29 PM Edited by Queen, 20 June 2017 - 05:31 PM.

I will have pics ready for you guys. Don't worry. ;)

Queen + Adam Lambert will be with Jimmy Kimmel this Thursday night at 10:30 pm EST. My guess is they'll do a medley of sorts. Hopefully they won't do Somebody to Love again, which they've used quite heavily on late night TV shows. I hope they surprise people with We Will Rock You (Fast Version) since it's News of the World's 40th anniversary.

http://www.queenonli...my-kimmel-live/

I finally found Roger Taylor's new single on Youtube. Give it a listen, but don't expect something flamboyant. This is Roger being very reflective. The tune is very emotional and is about death, or reaching journey's end as he calls it. You need to watch the music video to truly appreciate the song though. Unfortunately, you need to buy that on iTunes.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:46 PM Edited by Queen, 24 June 2017 - 04:48 PM.

The USA tour started last night in Phoenix, Arizona.

Best opener of any Queen show...ever. Check this sh*t out.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

Just rediscovered this track. Had not heard it in years. 

• Android and Queen like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:05 PM Edited by Queen, 02 September 2017 - 05:06 PM.

^ Phenomenal track. It was written for Freddie's favorite cat, Delilah...hence the peeing all over Freddie's Chippendale Suite. :p The coolest part of the track has to be Brian May's Red Special sounding like a cat. It's so ridiculous...

Btw, filming has already begun for Bohemian Rhapsody. I think the movie is planned for 2018. Can't wait!

2pslljo.jpg

Here's the cast...looks pretty good so far!

Gwilym Lee as Brian May

gwilym-lee_599abed263c92.png

Ben Hardy as Roger Taylor

ben-hardy_599abe042d27b.png

Joe Mazello (Timmy from Jurassic Park!) as John 'Deaky' Deacon

joe-mazzello_599ac0741e48c.png

And of course the impeccable Rami Malek (many of you might remember him from Until Dawn) as Freddie Mercury.

Btw, the Queen concerts were FANTASTIC. I don't think words can express how great they were so I'll leave it at that. The boys have still got it, and Adam Lambert was an amazing frontman as always.

• Mister Pink and Android like this

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

The casting is so spot-on, which has definitely got me feeling a bit excited for the whole film. I read that they were making some progress with it a month or so ago, but never got around to posting it here.

• Queen likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:13 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 04 September 2017 - 02:13 AM.

Yeah when I was a kid I didn't heart about the peeing part. I thought it was a love song. It's so great it's about his cat. Very cute and happy song. 

Glad the concert was good. 

Also, this is the Queen/Freddie biopic? Do you guys believe all the things Baron Cohen was saying? Is he trolling the media or do you actually believe when he says May wanted to make the film where Freddie dies half way though it and the rest of the film is based on Queen's journey after Freddie?

Also, not sure if I posted this or someone else did. Great documentary that came out this year. 

• Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:12 AM Edited by Queen, 04 September 2017 - 03:13 AM.

You know, I'm conflicted by the whole Sasha thing. But here's my take on it. I think there was some truth to what Sasha said. Freddie could have been planned to die in the middle of the film, and then there could have been something said about how everyone grieved his loss. I mean, we never did find out why exactly John left the group in 1997...was it depression brought on by losing one of his closest friends? But really, that'd be a boring story. And in hindsight, if what Sasha said was true, I'm sure Brian and Roger would push for a change of direction, especially in light of all the media attention Sasha got from blabbing his mouth.

At the moment, it appears the film will be focusing on the years leading up to their triumphant performance at Live Aid. There was certainly some turmoil going on within the group where the boys thought they might hang it up for good. One of the key components to this time period was Paul Prentor, Freddie's personal assistant from the late 1970s to mid 1980s. The asshat sold Freddie's personal life stories to the press and was fired. In fact, Brian confirmed he'd be a central character to the upcoming movie.

But I really hope the movie doesn't just END with Live Aid. That's great and all, but I think the story that comes after that needs to be told. Of course, everyone knows it won't be a happy ending. But it would be a roller coaster of emotions. And what an inspiring story it'd be...the way Freddie faced death so bravely...

But who knows. I just hope it doesn't flop. They only have one chance to get this thing right. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Also, that Freddie documentary you shared, Pink, is awesome. I thought the guy who portrayed Freddie did an OK job...not great, but passable. As for the rest of the band, dear lord. I cringed. lol

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

Well said.

For me, I would like to see up until Freddie's death and then of course maybe a few mins montage highlighting how Queen is still so influential to this day by their concerts, musicals and their songs being used for sporting events. Everyone loves a Queen song in some way or another. But I don't want to see them dwell on post Freddie Queen. 

If what Baron-Cohen said is true, I'm totally with him. Biopics are tricky and I know Queen want to curate their legacy but from a filmmaking perspective, it would be a disaster if Freddie dies mid-movie. The other thing is Baron-Cohen wanted to get in to the nitty-gritty of Mercury. Maybe Queen had trouble with this?

Yeah the doc is great. It starts off with Live Aid. I didn't know cracks were starting to show back then for Freddie and the band. And the guy that plays Freddie is in a Queen tribute act I think. He nailed his accent down. But yeah they didn't even try with the rest of the band, lol. It's almost like a bit of a joke. 

• Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:35 AM Edited by Queen, 04 September 2017 - 06:46 AM.

The other thing is Baron-Cohen wanted to get in to the nitty-gritty of Mercury. Maybe Queen had trouble with this?

Without a doubt. They're very protective of Freddie. And I suppose if he was your brother you'd want to do the same. But the problem is people are going to want the juicy bits as well as the overarching story. You can't have one without the other. Either it's too focused on his promiscuous lifestyle and the movie has no substance, or it's a dry telling of what should be a rock and roll movie (sex and drugs...with the rock). If I might add, you can't really get to him being HIV positive without first explaining his hedonistic lifestyle.

The unfortunate fact is that so much of Freddie's personal life is already out there. A dead man can't defend himself. Just watch that documentary you mentioned earlier, or read certain segments of Peter Freestone's book. Or check Youtube and you'll find some very personal and revealing scenes in his life...one of which is...of all things...him singing in the bathtub...I mean that video got out there somewhere, and why? You'd think some things should stay private. Did Freddie really want his fans to see him in the bathtub? Would YOU?! Lol

But if the band is going to make a movie about their friend they're going to have to dive into his wild side a bit. To hide it you wouldn't be getting the real Freddie. He lived on the edge, particularly his sex life. There's no going around it. He was so hedonistic he allegedly told people AIDS didn't bother him. He wanted to live his sex life to the fullest and made no apologies for it. Unfortunately, it caught up with him in the end. 

I hope that Roger and Brian can remove themselves to some extent from the project and put trust into Bryan Singer and Rami Malek. Otherwise I'm afraid it will be a censored telling of Freddie Mercury. Of course I don't want to see Freddie having orgies or doing whatever else the man did behind closed doors, but it should be acknowledged...there's a line somewhere, you know? And don't get me wrong, I dig what Roger and Brian are trying to do (or what I perceive them to be doing). He's like a brother to them and it has to be really f*cking strange to see others recreating their lives.

Anyway, on a lighter note. Some funny moments with Freddie. Sure to put a smile on your face.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

Pardon my consecutive post, but it's Freddie's birthday...

• Riqitch8 and Android like this

Riqitch8
  • Riqitch8

"She'll make .5 past light speed"

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:37 AM Edited by Riqitch8, 06 September 2017 - 09:56 AM.

I feel guilty that I didn't celebrate Freddie's birthday this year as much as I normally would. Normally, I would watch most of the concerts (meaning parts of Wembley '86, Hungarian Rhapsody, Rock Montreal and last but not least Live Aid) and listen to his compositions, but this year I was just too busy. As sad as this may sound, I feel like I have failed the Queen fandom.

Well, now I have to wait for 24th November...

• Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

^ Hopefully this first look at Rami as Freddie Mercury will cheer you up. ;)

DJAsboPW4AEjQiJ.jpg

• Riqitch8 and Android like this

Riqitch8
  • Riqitch8

"She'll make .5 past light speed"

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:21 PM Edited by Riqitch8, 06 September 2017 - 02:22 PM.

^ Hopefully this first look at Rami as Freddie Mercury will cheer you up. ;)
-snip-

I've seen this a couple of times already, and Malek looks great. I remember when this film was first announced and I wasn't too pleased. The whole Baron Cohen fiasco made it seem like, as the Han Solo film is seen as currently, a mess. But when Malek was brought in, it made it seem that the band (or most likely, just Brian) really wanted a Queen film, and I was surprised. The first spark of some hype was when it was announced that the film would end at Live Aid, rather than carrying on beyond the Tribute concert or whatever. Nevertheless, I fully agree with what Mister Pink said above and would like to see the film end on 24th November 1991 so that everything post Live Aid isn't missed out. And I do agree with the fact that they should control what they include and exclude, rather than including everything that isn't appropriate/irrelevant. I believe anything the media or fans didn't see during Queen's reign in the 70s and 80s (mostly the private stuff) should not be included in this film but, of course, it is up to the band how much of Freddie's personal life they show on the big screen. I personally wouldn't want to see a certain side of the man I idolise and love so much doing his rather promiscuous actions, because (even though I know it has happened) it would ruin it. They also have to remember that Queen have young fans as well as the ones who have watched them in concert since the 70's, which is something which will carve the path of production substantially.

Another worry is Bryan Singer himself, who went from X-Men films to directing Bohemian Rhapsody. I believe (whilst Days of Future Past was a phenomenal film) he isn't held in high hopes after X-Men Apocalypse last year. Having said that, I haven't seen too many biographical films so maybe it's just my lack of knowledge for the genre. I do share your mutual worry of the film being a flop and possibly ruining the image of the band as well, but there is a slight chance that the band could only get bigger from the release day - let's hope its the latter. Everything about the film seems great, the cast especially, but there are a few aspects (such as the timeframe and execution of the story) where I have to see a trailer first in order to make a full decision.

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

Holy sh*t.. I initially had concerns that Rami wouldn't look very much like Freddie, but that photo has already proved me wrong. If he nails Freddie's voice & mannerisms then that will just add a great level of detail. I am so damn excited for this and I am just so thrilled. My only concern left is how the timeline will play out within the film itself, which seems to be a hot topic here. I don't want it to just end at Live Aid because that's not where Queen ended. It wouldn't feel right at all. Freddie & company went on as a whole to produce three more albums after Live Aid alone, with Innuendo being my favorite of all time.. This film has the opportunity to shed a light on a lot of important bits that some people may not have paid much attention to before.

This Entertainment Weekly article goes on to say that the film will just end around Live Aid, which is a let down, but I am still optimistic about the production itself.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:13 AM

This Entertainment Weekly article goes on to say that the film will just end around Live Aid, which is a let down, but I am still optimistic about the production itself.

I wouldn't be too worried. Singer clarified the direction of the film. Check out this article.

Excerpt:

According to Singer, having the movie built to a moment years before Mercury’s death doesn’t necessarily mean that his demise will be ignored. “I’m not shying away from the specifics of Freddie Mercury’s dilemma and health dilemma,” he says. “The emphasis of the film is on the music and the journey that Freddie took with these three other incredibly talented men.”

“It won’t just be the dark Freddie story, but that being said, that [aspect of him] also will be honored,” Singer continues. “I would be remiss not to. There’s a way to do it—without getting into the specifics of how I’m doing it—which has been discussed among all participants and we feel it’s being honored, but at the same time, it’s about the music.”

Also, here is a new pic. Singer mocked up some album covers. I think they look great.

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-08%20at%2011.09.

On the Greatest Hits cover, Brian, Roger, and John look SPOT ON. Malek's Freddie looks slightly off though.

But the Mr. Bad Guy album cover? Hell yes!!!

Here's the original for comparison...

220px-Freddie_Mercury_Mr._Bad_Guy.jpg
  • Android likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:57 PM Edited by Queen, 09 September 2017 - 08:59 PM.

Here are some pics of the actors on stage at Live Aid. ;)

21371235_721612394695688_377316267143655

21462231_721612388029022_149620068290531

21317650_721612421362352_549014133375828

21462844_721612471362347_63221060045755421463105_721612478029013_630229237625429

21557742_721612288029032_206971685630127

21371031_721612291362365_910027685931621

:cool:

• Android likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:01 PM Edited by Queen, 09 September 2017 - 11:06 PM.

And some footage!

https://www.thesun.c...emian-rhapsody/

• Android likes this

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

The spoof album covers really got me the other day when I saw Brian posted it on Instagram. IMO, the Deacon portrayal is the only thing that looks off in the Greatest Hits cover. They should also really fix Rami's hair if he's really going to fully play the part, I noticed the hairline is much more straight in all of the photos above, but Freddie's was slightly curved, with a bit more length in the middle. It's the only thing that really bothers me about his portrayal. 

We should eventually take this to Movies & TV since this is really about a film.. I'll join in if anyone makes the topic.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:29 AM Edited by Queen, 10 September 2017 - 04:00 AM.

And done.

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None