Shooting Must Be Improved

84 replies to this topic
Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

The shooting in MP 3 is superb. The best that i ever play.

Hope have the same feelings with V

I can promise you.. you won't. Max Payne 3 was centered entirely around its combat. GTAV borrows some elements from Max Payne 3, but definitely not all of them. The gunplay in GTAV is more focused around the auto-aim feature. 

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

The shooting in MP 3 is superb. The best that i ever play.

Hope have the same feelings with V

I can promise you.. you won't. Max Payne 3 was centered entirely around its combat. GTAV borrows some elements from Max Payne 3, but definitely not all of them. The gunplay in GTAV is more focused around the auto-aim feature. 

Can't wait for free aim only servers on PC. ^^

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bek‚r!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

But what if somebody with a controller uses auto-aim on PC?

How will that work in Online?

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

But what if somebody with a controller uses auto-aim on PC?

How will that work in Online?

Same way than it does on console, there are servers for auto-aim and others free-aim only, when you join an online game you go in whichever your default setting is.

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

lol GTA V has better shooting than sh*t dogs

No, it doesn't, this is something you fanboys can stop defending.

• Snorlax likes this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:34 AM

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

He's right, Algerion. The shooting mechanics in V are garbage as they are on last gen consoles.

If when the game comes to PC, it has the same smoothness and accuracy as Max Payne 3 then fine it'll be better than Watch_Dogs. But as of right now, it doesn't. Sure the animations are top notch, and the actual physics are solid for an open world game. But those aim zooming up mechanic bullsh*t? Nuh uh. That's no good.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

He's right, Algerion. The shooting mechanics in V are garbage as they are on last gen consoles.

If when the game comes to PC, it has the same smoothness and accuracy as Max Payne 3 then fine it'll be better than Watch_Dogs. But as of right now, it doesn't. Sure the animations are top notch, and the actual physics are solid for an open world game. But those aim zooming up mechanic bullsh*t? Nuh uh. That's no good.

Regardless of smoothness, accuracy or overall mechanics, Watch Dogs guns still feel like toys filled with very cheap low-grade fireworks. And I've played it with a KB/M.

I find GTA V's shooting with a gamepad better than WD's with a mouse. That's saying a LOT, knowing how much I hate shooting with a controller.

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:11 AM Edited by ANAL_PLUNDERING, 27 August 2014 - 03:12 AM.

Spoiler

Nice maymay br0

Regardless of smoothness, accuracy or overall mechanics, Watch Dogs guns still feel like toys filled with very cheap low-grade fireworks. And I've played it with a KB/M.

I find GTA V's shooting with a gamepad better than WD's with a mouse. That's saying a LOT, knowing how much I hate shooting with a controller.

How so? The sounds are certainly better than V's.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:26 AM Edited by The Algerian, 27 August 2014 - 03:34 AM.

Go to 3:39mn:

http://youtu.be/idA9BEA4Hxs?t=3m39s

Impressive shooting, yeah. Very impressive. I actually took a dive and took cover under my desk, that's how impressive it was.

Clearly GTA V has nothing on this.

/sarcasm

Arckle
  • Arckle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:28 AM Edited by Arckle, 27 August 2014 - 10:32 AM.

So if I'm understanding this right, the gif showing Trevor aim higher once zoomed is only on pc version, since my 360 version doesn't do that.  Makes you wonder why on earth they chose to do that when it was fine before. 

Its not pc version the gif is of console version.

The writer who made that gif claimed that his fingers were not on the camera thumbstick yet aimed "up" when going to aim. Whats really happening is the camera is already facing up and so when he goes to aim he thinks its moving upwards because he thinks the camera is in the center but it is not.

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Impressive shooting, yeah. Very impressive. I actually took a dive and took cover under my desk, that's how impressive it was.

/sarcasm

Have you ever heard what a gun sounds like?

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

Spoiler

Nice maymay br0

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

/sarcasm

Not the point. Never was.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

/sarcasm

"How so? The sounds are certainly better than V's."

Then you respond with a video obviously showcasing the sounds in Watch_Dogs (Which is miles ahead of GTA V), it was exactly the point. Now, I can agree with the overall feel in Watch_Dogs, but the sounds themselves are much better.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:12 PM Edited by The Algerian, 27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM.

/sarcasm

"How so? The sounds are certainly better than V's."

Then you respond with a video obviously showcasing the sounds in Watch_Dogs (Which is miles ahead of GTA V), it was exactly the point. Now, I can agree with the overall feel in Watch_Dogs, but the sounds themselves are much better.

So, just because he keeps missing the point, sounds automatically becomes the point?
Makes sense.

And no, did you even watch the video? It's not like you had to watch the whole thing, I pointed out the exact moment proving WD shootings was downright crap, and it had nothing to do with the sound unless you went there with sound in mind, which isn't really my problem then.

I was clearly the whole time talking about how the guns felt.

And even if it was about sound, realism was never the point either, real guns too sound like crap. I'd much rather have guns like sound movie-like than guns that sound like real ones.

And still, it was never about sound, what I say is my problem, what you understand is yours.

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by ANAL_PLUNDERING, 28 August 2014 - 03:11 AM.

Spoiler

The reason why I pointed out sounds is because those can affect the feel of the guns, you were talking about the feel, so that's what I responded to. You say "Watch Dogs guns still feel like toys filled with very cheap low-grade fireworks" when they are the realistic ones, if you don't want to talk about realism, why would you say that? You could say "oh but i wasn't talking about sounds!!!1" When sounds do factor in that.

Also, how the f*ck does that 20 second clip show case the "horrible mechanics" that watch dogs has? Shooting the water some how shows that? What the f*ck does little particle effects that you will never spot in normal gameplay have to do with anything? I clicked on the videos with sounds in mind, we were talking about sounds, so that's what I thought. "Impressive shooting, yeah. Very impressive. I actually took a dive and took cover under my desk" it sounds like you're talking about sounds saying that.

hoppiplopp
  • hoppiplopp

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by hoppiplopp, 30 August 2014 - 02:55 PM.

I agree so much this thread :D!

If R* only improves one thing for the PC-version it should be to fix the aiming inconsistencies and add Max Payne 3 level of gore/gun wound effects! Seriously Max Payne 3 is the most satisfying shooter I've played and it's mostly due to the tight mechanics and excessive violence/blood. 

gawel72
  • gawel72

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

the gore and sounds aren't important, aiming is important and they must remove a camera going up when aiming.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

The shooting in V by no means sucks but fair point about manoeuvrability and that Max Payne's shooting and movement is better. I would like to see a bit more MP3 DNA in there too.

It works well during the missions, action in GTA is never that fast paced, but it never reaches the level of Max Payne.

I haven't played watch dogs and probably never will, that while game seems pretty lame. Good shooting isn't going to draw me in.

xtro2000
  • xtro2000

Don't worry be happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

I wonder if the consoles this gen will allow the precision level of MP3's shooting and animations in a world the scale of GTA5... this will be interesting to discover very soon !!! WD's shooting and animations were fun and allow for some fast pace action but it's a lot sketchier. What i like in that game though is the reload sound and animations.

hoppiplopp
  • hoppiplopp

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:34 PM Edited by hoppiplopp, 02 September 2014 - 04:35 PM.

the gore and sounds aren't important, aiming is important and they must remove a camera going up when aiming.

I disagree. Shooting in videogames is not just an exercise in geometry. It's the sound and visual impact that give the feel of the weapons/shooting. Both are very, very important! 

Why is it more satisfying to fire a shotgun in say Battlefield, than to open MS Word on your desktop? In both cases you do pretty much the same thing. You "aim" and you tap the mouse button. The difference is (mostly) the soundeffects and visual feedback!

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

I disagree. Shooting in videogames is not just an exercise in geometry. It's the sound and visual impact that give the feel of the weapons/shooting. Both are very, very important! 

Why is it more satisfying to fire a shotgun in say Battlefield, than to open MS Word on your desktop? In both cases you do pretty much the same thing. You "aim" and you tap the mouse button. The difference is (mostly) the soundeffects and visual feedback!

And it's completely absent in gta v. Especially in third person shooters. The character may feel the recoil, but theres nothing on the screen that could indicate it.

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

And it's completely absent in gta v. Especially in third person shooters. The character may feel the recoil, but theres nothing on the screen that could indicate it.

I disagree, Max Payne 3 for example you can definitely feel the impact of a shotgun blast being fired from Max. His arms kick back, you can see the pellets fly forward and realistically hit your target, causing them to fly back, and the sound design is excellent. 

GTAV uses a similar design and looks great. I do wish the PC version had the ability to include the smooth shooting mechanics from Max Payne 3, but that would be unrealistic to ask for. It's a GTA game, not a Max Payne game. 

gawel72
  • gawel72

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:25 AM Edited by gawel72, 04 September 2014 - 11:25 AM.

I meant the gore and sound from gta V are good enough for me. I don't need 3 times more blood, holes in a head, broken legs etc... And the sound is fine, most importantly the sound is better than in watch dogs.

While playing multiplayer you wont care about holes in heads or hearing realistic sounds, you should care if aiming is good and allows you to play comfortably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users