• hoppiplopp likes this

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

I read that article.

I never play the game so i dont know if the shooting sucks or is brilliant like MP3. Some people says that is in between the shooting of IV and MP3

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

None of the older GTA games had this problem on PC IIRC. Vice City and III even had a crosshair always visible when you hold a gun.

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Yashh! MP3 style GTA V free-aim would be great!

gawel72
  • gawel72

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

I think that this Dot in the middle of screen while aiming should be visible only while aiming, so it doesn't need to be fixed. Rising up a camera while aiming should be fixed, it is totally unintuitive

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Absolutely LOVED the shooting in Max Payne 3 and always questioned how on Earth... did R* mess it up after making that masterpiece 3rd person shooter.

Hopefully one day we'll see people tweaking it, fingers crossed. It's why I'm gunning (no pun intended) for the PC version.

• Ermac and Andreas like this

gawel72
  • gawel72

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:40 PM

I have already played Gta V on PS3, but i am also waiting for gta v for pc to play deathmatches in this diverse world. I loved playing gta iv deathmaches due to diverse world with lots of narrow alleys and many interesting and unique places. I didn't even use cover system. The most important thing is that a camera when aiming should really quickly zoom in and shouldn't rise up. Of course there was crouching in gta iv, gta V lacks crouching!! Cover system is useless in multi on PC really fast deatchmatches.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:38 AM

Wow that is a brilliant f*cking article, kind of surprising from sh*taku.

I put at least 300 hours into GTA V on my Xbox 360. I always knew something was off with the gunplay. This is definitely f*cking it.

Rockstar, how could you. Fix this sh*t.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 15 August 2014 - 02:29 AM.

Honestly not surprising considering GTA games are balanced around auto aim on consoles. There wasn't even a functioning manuel aim system on consoles until San Andreas, and it was clunky.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:20 AM Edited by The Algerian, 15 August 2014 - 12:48 PM.

Well that's mostly console problems.

That's why I can't wait to ditch the PS3 version for the PC one. Auto-aim is basically the controller playing in your stead, free aim is too clunky and inaccurate.

Persistent reticle isn't really needed though, you should know it's going to show up basically in the middle of your screen when you aim and I really don't wish the game to turn even more into a run'n'gun spamfest.

Also, Watch Dogs? Please. Game felt like its assault rifles were full of low-budget fireworks.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

Because auto aim. Because console gamers can't actually aim. Unless they've been playing on consoles since 5 yr old.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

lol GTA V has better shooting than sh*t dogs

gawel72
  • gawel72

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Persistent reticle isn't really needed though, you should know it's going to show up basically in the middle of your screen when you aim and I really don't wish the game to turn even more into a run'n'gun spamfest.

Yes, reticle shouldn't be persistent. Reticle should show in the middle in the screen but a camera behind player shouldn't move up. And the camera should also zoom in faster.

andersona7x6661
  • andersona7x6661

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

In pc version will be improved,i guess

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:32 PM Edited by The Algerian, 15 August 2014 - 04:33 PM.

Yes, reticle shouldn't be persistent. Reticle should show in the middle in the screen but a camera behind player shouldn't move up. And the camera should also zoom in faster.

Close-up camera is a bit annoying, yes.

But I think if you aim then press "select"/"back" you can switch to unzoomed camera. Not sure if it sticks forever or if you have to do this everytime, though.

Also why the hell did they ditch the "change shoulder" function we had in Max Payne 3 and RDR?

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I agree. That crosshair going up is something I wont enjoy on PC.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:41 PM Edited by killahmatic, 15 August 2014 - 09:06 PM.

So if I'm understanding this right, the gif showing Trevor aim higher once zoomed is only on pc version, since my 360 version doesn't do that.  Makes you wonder why on earth they chose to do that when it was fine before. 

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Also why the hell did they ditch the "change shoulder" function we had in Max Payne 3 and RDR?

Because the shooting mechanics in GTA V are objectively inferior to Max Payne 3 and I would agree yes even worse than Watch Dogs.

Animations and gun customization are great, could be better but definitely nice. But the actual controls and gunplay mechanics? Awful. Only slightly ahead of GTA IV's.

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

There is no reason to improve it in the PC version, sadly.

I mean, it obviously isn't a console limitation.

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by Ermac., 15 August 2014 - 04:54 PM.

Absolutely LOVED the shooting in Max Payne 3 and always questioned how on Earth... did R* mess it up after making that masterpiece 3rd person shooter.

This. Here's two gifs from the article in the OP for those who think V's shooting is better than WD or MP3.

770977710167163565.gif

nz1dqusk6cgzoywotu09.gif

V's is functional, but it's definitely not as good as it should have been.

Plus, I don't know why they added that unnecessary camera zoom that happens when you try and shoot from vehicles. It was perfectly fine the way it was in IV.

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by Andreas, 15 August 2014 - 04:56 PM.

The shooting in Max Payne 3 was absolutely amazing and made the game so enjoyable. It made it damn worth to replay it a few more times, despite the fact that it wasn't possible to skip cut-scenes. I've noticed it myself that zooming in messes up up the aim when manual aiming is enabled in V, which can be really annoying. I hope that this won't be the case in the PC version because I'm not going to use auto-aim.

I wonder why they had to change it in the first place. In my opinion, the shooting worked just fine in GTA IV, and MP3 was near perfection in that regard.

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hopefully one day we'll see people tweaking it, fingers crossed. It's why I'm gunning (no pun intended) for the PC version.

This.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:11 PM Edited by Ash_735, 15 August 2014 - 06:11 PM.

I like how some people here are like "IT'S TEH CONSOLES FAULT" yet Max Payne 3, RDR and Watch_Dogs (used in the article) don't have this problem on consoles. Someone should change the banner for this forum to include the words "CONSOLE LIMITATIONS" across the middle of it.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:37 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 August 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Even though V's animations are great and varied, especially for an open world game, I still wish they could have worked in the Max Payne 3 animation tech. I mean, just look at this sh*t. It's amazing. 

Hope this tech gets improved upon and utilized to its full extent in the next GTA.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

I agree, I also find the lack of recoil or bullet spread make killing people far too easy and it lacks a lot of the satisfaction of even IV. It always feels a bit too clean to me when I think the rampages and gunfights should feel more gritty. MP3 is the absolute pinnacle of 3rd person shooting mechanics.  

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Once you get used to the run-and-gun function, V has the best shooting mechanics of any R* game, at least on consoles. With a high sensitivity setting on the right stick, you get aiming approaching the speed of using a mouse.  In fact I miss it when I play previous R* games - even MP3, which I still play the hell out of. Anyway, if you go from the run-and-gun to shoulder aiming, the cursor is where you want it to be. 

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 August 2014 - 06:56 PM.

The speed of using a mouse is not the precision of using a mouse, though. I know you didn't imply it was, but it's important to note that precision is also key. 

At least, that's what I keep telling myself. Because Max Payne 3 has trained me into an unstoppable headshot machine. 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

The speed of using a mouse is not the precision of using a mouse, though. I know you didn't imply it was, but it's important to note that precision is also key. 

At least, that's what I keep telling myself. Because Max Payne 3 has trained me into an unstoppable headshot machine. 

While a controller is never going to have the point-and-click precision of a mouse, you can still get close to it once you master the ability to quickly lining up the cursor with your target horizontally and then strafing until the cursor is right over it. 

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Damn, It is really sad the shooting mechanics in GTA V's aren't as good as in Max Payne 3.  :(

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by J-B, 15 August 2014 - 08:42 PM.

MP3 was so good. The bullsh*t hate it got on these forums is when I stopped coming here for awhile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users