Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Next GTA Location

1,645 replies to this topic

Poll: Where will the next GTA be set? (1203 member(s) have cast votes)

Where will the next GTA be set?

1. San Fierro (70 votes [5.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.82%

2. Las Venturas (61 votes [5.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.07%

3. Vice City (574 votes [47.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.71%

4. Liberty City (34 votes [2.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.83%

5. Carcer City (27 votes [2.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.24%

6. Los Santos (6 votes [0.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.50%

7. North Yankton (11 votes [0.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.91%

8. Other United States metropolitan adaptation (please specify) (57 votes [4.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.74%

9. City outside of the continental United States. (31 votes [2.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.58%

10. Multiple cities in the United States (237 votes [19.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.70%

11. Multiple cities outside of the United States (28 votes [2.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

12. London (67 votes [5.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote
McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by McGyver55, 2 weeks ago.

I wasn't being serious about Mars or a space station... Hence the statement "distant future city that doesn't exist yet, but will by the time the game is released"...
Meaning that I'm expecting it to take a lot more time for the next game to come out and it might as well be centuries from now.
No, I don't want it with aliens or space nonsense (no octopus overlords either), that's not GTA...
Wherever it ends up being, it's probably not gonna be anywhere most people expect...
Definitely not Ottumwa Iowa... (Also a joke)
A retro Vice City would be cool, but I'm sure that would never happen because that would appeal more to the older gamers and Rockstar isn't as interested in appealing to them as much as younger gamers.
I was talking with friend a while back about the old "Driver" games and the version (Driver 2?) that had different (non U.S.) cities like Havanna and Rio... Later a thought came to me... "Geez, I hope that for GTA6 they don't locate it in some made up banana republic island nation that's a doppelgänger of Cuba... That would suck..."
But maybe not...
I could see a possibility in that... The main characters could be smugglers or gunrunners helping rebels...
Lots of potential for deep storylines, mega mayhem and requisite social commentary.

Who knows... Nothing is possible or probable.

Whatever it is I hope it's good.

Jdogg4089
  • Jdogg4089

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

But we do not have centuries. A few decades is the best we can hope for. Earth will probably be dead in the next century or two.

Aquamaniac
  • Aquamaniac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd like to see Liberty City and Vice City once again.

Also this is probably not official but definitely very inspired...

momotaro-ushido-scene-collection.jpg?144

Source: https://www.artstati...m/artwork/lENJJ

I wouldn't mind if we see Liberty City again, even if it where in the next GTA, but with a lot of rural New England/New York State.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Hey f*** you, I'm from New Coventry!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd like to see Liberty City and Vice City once again.

Also this is probably not official but definitely very inspired...

momotaro-ushido-scene-collection.jpg?144

Source: https://www.artstati...m/artwork/lENJJ

I wouldn't mind if we see Liberty City again, even if it where in the next GTA, but with a lot of rural New England/New York State.

BULLWORTH

Patrik2000_CZ
  • Patrik2000_CZ

Ask me, if I know the answer...

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 2 weeks ago

BULLWORTH

Hell yeah, but would be also nice to see Cottonmouth (freed from the Pickman Project) or Carcer City, but remastered (not this sh*thole as it was in MH). 

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Journey_95, A week ago.

Would love to see 70's SF & LV in one game, but with Rockstar's Online boner its not looking likely. 

A new city like Detroit or Chicago would be great too but then people would whine about it being too dark and "grey".

• AmigaMix likes this

DZerk
  • DZerk

Hey, Gecko!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted A week ago

Likely it's gonna be VC, it seems like a natural progression plus we haven't had a game starring VC since VCS.

I'd love to revisit the post-war retro-futuristic city of Anywhere again, but that will never happen

PfisterAmsterdam
  • PfisterAmsterdam

Amsterdam Noord

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Amsterdam

Cesare
  • Cesare

Cesare

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

It looks like we need to have lots and lots of safehouses with garages which have a capacity of storing 4 coaches in them. Those garages should be able to store 10 cars in each. I would like to see hundreds of garages for storing all the vehices in the game.

In addition to garages, we need safehouses with marinas and hangers that can store lots of boats, airplanes and helicopters as well. We also need a much, much bigger than currently in GTA 5. The GTA 5 map, for me, is far too small.

cars24
  • cars24

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by cars24, A week ago.

Id like to see the next GTA in Vegas, or it could be just a huge update to GTA V, with new missions, gambling games, places like Caesars Palace opened, just to recreate The Hangover from the departure from L.A to ending up in Sin City.

Jdogg4089
  • Jdogg4089

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Id like to see the next GTA in Vegas, or it could be just a huge update to GTA V, with new missions, gambling games, places like Caesars Palace opened, just to recreate The Hangover from the departure from L.A to ending up in Sin City.

I promise you, GTA 6 is in vice city.
  • CJ Lacraia likes this

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homie

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted A week ago

I promise you, GTA 6 is in vice city.

Unfortunately I think you're right. R* makes great games, but they really lack in surprising us with locations.
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas and CJ Lacraia like this

CJ Lacraia
  • CJ Lacraia

Agaragă Bitch!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 6 days ago

Although I do not like Miami very much, I think the next GTA will be in Vice City, precisely because the franchise always has some city clues from the next game in the previous game, and for what there is about Vice City in GTA 5, I think this is going to be the location of GTA 6.

Jdogg4089
  • Jdogg4089

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I can feel it will have multiple cities too. We'll see though. Each city can have a different story like San Andreas and you do missions in that city and then move on to another city. GTA 5 was supposed to have it but online probably cancelled it.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homie

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 6 days ago

I can feel it will have multiple cities too. We'll see though. Each city can have a different story like San Andreas and you do missions in that city and then move on to another city. GTA 5 was supposed to have it but online probably cancelled it.

Yes. And I do think that they'll take Online WAY more into consideration with the next game. They'll have a map geared for online expansions, which probably means a large countryside.

PapaFuerte
  • PapaFuerte

Snitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 days ago

What clues in gta 5 did we get about other cities, like Vice city?

I ask because in gta4 when Luis left he went off to vice city right?, and packie ended up in LA. I think they figured out a good modern narrative for vice city, just because it was said that it was good in 80s does not mean that they will not go there and create something interesting. I think mami has a lot to offer from city aspects, which is most players spend time on the map

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

My problem is that Vice City might feel too much like Los Santos.

Their real life counterparts are very similar. Sunny, warm, beaches, celebrities (yes even in Miami), etc.

*slams fist in table* Give me an HD incarnation of San Fierro and Las Venturas or a new city based on Chicago, or give me death!

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 days ago

Their real life counterparts are very similar. Sunny, warm, beaches, celebrities (yes even in Miami), etc.

*slams fist in table* Give me an HD incarnation of San Fierro and Las Venturas or a new city based on Chicago, or give me death!

Sorry bud, but you're wrong. The area of Aus I live in is sunny, warm and has beaches, does that mean it's anything like Los Angeles or Miami? Of course not. What an awful argument you made up for trying to make them sound similar.

Vice City would feel completely different in terms of city design/layout, architecture, density of industrial, residential and commercial zones, the people, cars and the surrounding areas like Florida keys. 

I'd love to see San Fierro or Las Venturas more than Vice City as much as you but it's stupid to even insinuate that VC would feel "too much" like LS. 

Aquamaniac
  • Aquamaniac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 days ago

Sorry bud, but you're wrong. The area of Aus I live in is sunny, warm and has beaches, does that mean it's anything like Los Angeles or Miami? Of course not. What an awful argument you made up for trying to make them sound similar.

Vice City would feel completely different in terms of city design/layout, architecture, density of industrial, residential and commercial zones, the people, cars and the surrounding areas like Florida keys. 

I'd love to see San Fierro or Las Venturas more than Vice City as much as you but it's stupid to even insinuate that VC would feel "too much" like LS. 

I'm not a towns person but I guess a videogame can display cultural differences only to a minor degree, apart from famous landmarks major cities more or less all look the same and thus are exchangeable, I don't think that Miami or a similar Australian city in a video game would feel much different from LA, the general setting is the same, which is no problem as long as the story and game mechanics are well.

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by TheFranchise, 2 days ago.

If you live in Australia then how do you know that theyre not even similar dude? Miami and LA are very similar cities. Of course they have different layouts and there are mountains around LA, and Miami has the Everglades and the Keys nearby, but theyre very warm cities in the aspect that they have a celebrity culture to them, theyre warm, theyre sunny, they have beaches, and coming from a Midwesterner, many people are full of themselves in both cities. Im worried if that it is Vice City the games secondary characteristics (I dont know of a better way to describe it) will feel similar to V did in terms of brushing up with celebrities (Miami is the fashion capital of the world), and stuff of a similar nature. V had a celebrity aspect in a way that IV didnt for me. IV also felt gritty and cold because it was a northern city and it was fall and thats because thats how NYC in some aspects. V was warm and bright and sunny, and thats how Vice City would be too. I like a littler variation from game to game.
  • Aquamaniac likes this

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago

If you live in Australia then how do you know that theyre not even similar dude? Miami and LA are very similar cities. Of course they have different layouts and there are mountains around LA, and Miami has the Everglades and the Keys nearby, but theyre very warm cities in the aspect that they have a celebrity culture to them, theyre warm, theyre sunny, they have beaches, and coming from a Midwesterner, many people are full of themselves in both cities. Im worried if that it is Vice City the games secondary characteristics (I dont know of a better way to describe it) will feel similar to V did in terms of brushing up with celebrities (Miami is the fashion capital of the world), and stuff of a similar nature. V had a celebrity aspect in a way that IV didnt for me. IV also felt gritty and cold because it was a northern city and it was fall and thats because thats how NYC in some aspects. V was warm and bright and sunny, and thats how Vice City would be too. I like a littler variation from game to game.

I can't say that I know what the celebrity culture is like but I hardly think that because two cities are "warm and sunny" that it makes them similar in the sense it would feel like you're playing in a location that feels the exact same as the previous map (LS).

Liberty City in IV's rendition was a commercial bustling and as you say, gritty city as opposed to Los Santos's celebrity-obsessed poppy glossy feel. I would expect that if R* were to redo Vice City it would be a tropical, Southern city with other characteristics I can't name off the top of my head simply because I don't know enough about Florida. But geographically they are on opposite ends of the country and I doubt a city located near the desert would be anything like a city in the tropics in terms of atmosphere. Culturally though, as an American yourself I can't do much else but agree with you simply because I don't know enough about Miami.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

Biker from LC

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

A lot of people are discounting the 70's-90's for some reason.

I get why people think Online MUST have a modern setting, but I think that is simply because we've only seen online done that way.

Take-Two has already said that they want to recreate the success they had in GTA:O with RDR2 Online, so R* is already well on their way to figuring out how to make online work in other settings time-wise.

If they make it work in the wild west, the 80's would be a piece of cake.

The only reason R* might not do online in another period isn't because they couldn't make it work, but because it may not have as much appeal to the kids buying shark cards as a modern setting. Which might end up being a moot point. You can say the same thing about going in almost any artistic direction.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

eyman
  • eyman

Nothing Special

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 22 hours ago

I'm going to be ambitious and say both San Fierro and Las Venturas will be the new setting for the next GTA.

I want Vice city, but I want Vice City in the 80s. A modern vice city doesn't really appeal to me as much.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 hours ago

Face it, Los Santos fits in the 90s as well as Vice City fits in the 80s. I didn't like that we received a modern and you're also not going to like that a modern Vice City is being pre-developef.

Las Venturas isn't part of the HD San Andreas, we'll saw the Las Venturas advertisement in GTA 4. So hopefully they don't pair Las Venturas with San Fierro. Only thing they can do is delivery Vice City as small as the 3D era map or delivery Vice City alongside Las Ventures as big as in like San Andreas again. San Fierro will be too frustrating without Los Santos, so hopefully they don't delivery a 3rd frustration. 1st Los Santos without the 90s (gta5) 2nd Vice City without the 80s (gta6) 3rd San Fierro with Las Venturas (gta7)

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 hours ago Edited by MostWantedMVP, 12 hours ago.

I want to see somewhere like Seattle and implement seasons like Snow for winter time.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 7 hours ago

Snow in Chicago:

And snow in Seoul:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users