Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Next GTA Location

1,190 replies to this topic

Poll: Where will the next GTA be set? (914 member(s) have cast votes)

Where will the next GTA be set?

1. San Fierro (53 votes [5.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.80%

2. Las Venturas (46 votes [5.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.03%

3. Vice City (443 votes [48.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.47%

4. Liberty City (30 votes [3.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

5. Carcer City (16 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

6. Los Santos (4 votes [0.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.44%

7. North Yankton (9 votes [0.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.98%

8. Other United States metropolitan adaptation (please specify) (42 votes [4.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.60%

9. City outside of the continental United States. (22 votes [2.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

10. Multiple cities in the United States (178 votes [19.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.47%

11. Multiple cities outside of the United States (20 votes [2.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.19%

12. London (51 votes [5.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:15 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 22 April 2017 - 11:21 AM.

I could do with two cities this time for sake of variety and sense of purpose travelling by plane from city to city. Boston and Detroit. Mafia and Irish Mob being the main ones in Boston inspired by The Town, The Departed, Black Mass, Mystic River and Detroit introduces more black gangs in to the mix. I also don't care if geographically in real life Toronto or another city is closer. I can suspend my disbelief if the map is amazing, just like San Andreas. Also cool thing about Detroit is, Rockstar wouldn't have to scale it down a whole lot. It looks about the size of GTA V's Los Santos. So Rockstar could actually do a very realistic portrayal of the city. 

Other two-city map I would love is Baltimore (purely inspired by The Wire as Baltimore is like a character in itself in that show. It's a show about that city as much as it is about crime,institutions cops and drug dealers). The other city Washington or Philadelphia. But I might be more curious about Philadelphia. 

• Meekail, The7thOne and Ivan1997GTA like this

evd
  • evd

acid

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:00 AM Edited by evd, 24 April 2017 - 10:02 AM.

Mr Pink - I assume that Detroit would be good place to introduce obscure and underground techno venues, dont You think?

Carcer City would fit perfectely the image of Detroits's late 80's, with manhunt referenced gangs, abandoned suburbs, dead factories. As You mentioned, I would add a second city, to balance the atmosphere, like e.g. Chicago? I dont mind a city as modern as LS, with sky scrappers and corruption theme, with rave culture, drug dealing on the other side of the medal.

• Mister Pink likes this

Negromancer
  • Negromancer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't like to see them re-do a location thats been done before, I want something new! 

Capital City (Modern-day Washington, DC) 

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

Mr Pink - I assume that Detroit would be good place to introduce obscure and underground techno venues, dont You think?

Carcer City would fit perfectely the image of Detroits's late 80's, with manhunt referenced gangs, abandoned suburbs, dead factories. As You mentioned, I would add a second city, to balance the atmosphere, like e.g. Chicago? I dont mind a city as modern as LS, with sky scrappers and corruption theme, with rave culture, drug dealing on the other side of the medal.

For sure. I'm very curious about Detroit and would love to see it in a GTA. It's also a place I would love to visit after watching a few documentaries about it too. It could serve as a the grimier, post-industrial, dark and grittier contrasting sister city to a more thriving city (if we get my dream of two cities in a GTA). 

But yeah, Carcer city could be perfect. Exploring derelict buildings, crime, poverty but populated by resilient people, people that grow up in that environment but have that hardened soul. Some Industrial, dark-ambient and Techno stations could give compliment the city not only in the spirit of the game but obviously it would be based on reality. Also a nod to the other genres like Blues, Jazz, Rock etc.. We haven't had a blues station yet and I think it could suit Carcer well, John Lee Hooker being from there and all. 

But yeah cities I would love: 

Carcer City

Baltimore

Philadelphia

Vice City

Chicago

Fingers crossed we two cities in the next GTA.  

• CRAZY AL WARD likes this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

New Bordeaux 1968

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

They could combine two cities together. That'd be cool.

Danie122
  • Danie122

The Bo$$

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 4 weeks ago

well.. i want Rio De Janeiro, but also Vice City

So, Vice f*cking City :D

• LincolnClay likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Would only make sense to redo Vice City, San Fierro and Las Venturas in HD, other locations that make sense: Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, London (maybe), Tokio, Ciudad de Mexico, Maybe Nice, Rio de Janeiro, Havana (all 3 done in Driver series)

slam83
  • slam83

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

How about

GTA 6 - VIce city

GTA 70's - Boston,Philadelphia,Washington

GTA 80's - Dallas.Houston

GTA 90's - Chicago.Detroit

IGPlay
  • IGPlay

Kifflom!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would like to see Vice City connected with Orlando (yep! a GTA version of Disney would be awesome!) 

Also, is there a GTA name to Orlando? Lets say its called Armando. lol

CRAZY AL WARD
  • CRAZY AL WARD

CEO - Ward Enterprises

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Am i the only one here that's gonna say Bullworth?!?!

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, Jimmy Hopkins got his ear blown off in GTA5. While wearing a Bigfoot disguise, after getting 100% game completion.

It would be cool to see Jimmy Hopkins return in GTA6. See him lurking around Mt. Charleston near Las Vegas, in another Bigfoot disguise. Just so we can get the protagonists to shoot his other ear off. 

X-Driver
  • X-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

They need to do modern day SoFlo/Vice City and the Keys, then
modern Australia, then
1968 to 1973 London and Belfast (travelling between the two) with time advancing through the story progression, then
Liberty City from 1977-1982 with the same as before,
Then Chicago during the Great Depression.

In that order.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

modern Australia, then
1968 to 1973 London and Belfast (travelling between the two) with time advancing through the story progression, then

In that order.

GTA is a banned video game in Australia, so it will never happen there. Also I rather see London alone and I wouldn't appropriate another Liberty City next year. Chicago as a settling will possibly give Rockstar Games another lawsuit.

X-Driver
  • X-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

modern Australia, then

In that order.

GTA is a banned video game in Australia, so it will never happen there. Also I rather see London alone and I wouldn't appropriate another Liberty City next year. Chicago as a settling will possibly give Rockstar Games another lawsuit.

Banned in Oz? First I'm hearing of it, guess I ought to turn myself in to the coppers for playing an illegal game.
And wouldn't that be more of a reason to set a game here? To critique how much of a nanny state a nation that once prided itself on personal freedom has become. In GTA history, there was apparently an American-Australian war, and it would be interesting to get more of an insight on that.

I say London and Belfast because the early 70s was the start of The Troubles. Basically an uprising between Northern Irish people that wanted to remain a part of the UK and those that wanted to split off and rejoin the rest of Ireland. Skirmishes and outright war in the streets broke out. Military action against terrorists. And the epicentre was Belfast. Sounds a lot like GTA, doesn't it?
I'm not particularly well verses on it, but any Briton here would probably be able to explain further.

How is a city going to sue a game developer for making a ficticious parody of how their city was nearly a century ago? It wouldn't even be Chicago, it'd be Carcer. A city based on Chicago. An analogue of it. Any competent judge would laugh that case right out court.

NettersDaPro023
  • NettersDaPro023

San Andreas Lover

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I hope the bring back Vice City back. Bacome bigger and better? And a few easter egg about Tommy or Vic Vance??? 😂

Darvinho
  • Darvinho

Chief Librarian

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Gosh I hope R* take notice of the poll, overwhelming support for a return to VC! I reckon while a remaster would be cool they could do an amazing job with a whole new story and maybe do the three characters structure again. Still keep it in the 80s though, and really nail the radio stations again. Nothing beat the original VC radio.

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted A week ago

I am thinking there would be an implementation of Vice City with a parody of Homestead, possibly the Florida Keys, the Everglades, and Lake Okeechobee and its fringe area. Lake Okeechobee area irl reminds me of the trailer parks and decay in the Alamo Sea area. I believe R would never let that down esp their portrayal of rednecks and fringe society. Vice City will be huge possibly the same size as Los Santos or larger. Homestead will be 2x the size of Paleto Bay. The Keys will be an archipelago in which you will see fancy cars and gorgeous islands with many mansions. Game could be huge.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Pete4000uk
  • Pete4000uk

Soldier

• GTAF Crew
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

1968 to 1973 London and Belfast

Good god 70's Belfast would be a great urban war zone. Heavily armed RUC and British Army after you :s
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

lana_del_rey
  • lana_del_rey

Rat

• Members

Posted A week ago

vice city

iawtc

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Las Venturas like This Is Vegas; this game was looking so good, f*ck.

• MojoGamer, Ivan1997GTA and LincolnClay like this

darkdragon74
  • darkdragon74

( ⌐■ _ ■ )

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by darkdragon74, 4 days ago.

They should make a map with snow and without a snow like the south map has no snow and the north map has snow. Once you driven your snowy car into the south the snow will melt.
And i hope rockstar makes it twice bigger than los santos so we can have a 60 player lobby
  • CRAZY AL WARD and LincolnClay like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users