Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Next GTA Location

934 replies to this topic

Poll: Where will the next GTA be set? (611 member(s) have cast votes)

Where will the next GTA be set?

1. San Fierro (43 votes [7.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

2. Las Venturas (33 votes [5.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.40%

3. Vice City (289 votes [47.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.30%

4. Liberty City (18 votes [2.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.95%

5. Carcer City (11 votes [1.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

6. Los Santos (2 votes [0.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.33%

7. North Yankton (4 votes [0.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

8. Other United States metropolitan adaptation (please specify) (25 votes [4.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.09%

9. City outside of the continental United States. (15 votes [2.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.45%

10. Multiple cities in the United States (121 votes [19.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.80%

11. Multiple cities outside of the United States (16 votes [2.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.62%

12. London (34 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I world really like to see a GTA set in Europe. London would be fine, but I know Rockstar would f**k up with vehicle modeling and spawn.
I mean it's just so annoying to see only luxury cars on the road in V. Hope the next game will have more average cars

Vikki_Suicide
  • Vikki_Suicide

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I world really like to see a GTA set in Europe. London would be fine, but I know Rockstar would f**k up with vehicle modeling and spawn.
I mean it's just so annoying to see only luxury cars on the road in V. Hope the next game will have more average cars

I honestly can't say I only see fancy cars, most of the stuff I see are a pile of crap.

BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I honestly can't say I only see fancy cars, most of the stuff I see are a pile of crap.

I see tons of ballers exemplars and rapid gts

Vikki_Suicide
  • Vikki_Suicide

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I see tons of ballers exemplars and rapid gts

You must be lucky, I seldom see those!!  Then again I spend most of my time in the suburbs and countryside exploring!

Fyttirakkern
  • Fyttirakkern

Rat

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hope we will see some mountains with snow in GTA VI, driving around in snowmobiles would be awesome :D

• Lordani66 likes this

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

One thing you can always expect at a car dealership

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I liked what they did with asassin's creed Syndicate's London so I would like to see what GTA would do with it

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homeboy

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by gunziness, 4 weeks ago.

As much as I would love a modern VC rendition, i would prefer for VI to be set in a place based in Boston for example. To get to know a new location for once.
A story based in the movies 'The Town' or 'The Drop' would be quite interesting.

After that, a VC rendition would be more than welcome for me.
  • The7thOne likes this

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Miami is too similar to LA: overdone, famous, sunny, beaches, lavish lifestyles and a glorified gang culture.

America has a lot to offer beyond its well-known metros. There are plenty of subcultures and peculiar locations that have yet to be promptly tackled and depicted.

Carcer City is a mix of many decadent and crime-ridden Rust Belt cities: Camden, Buffalo, Detroit, Flint, every single city in Ohio, Gary, St. Louis, East St. Louis...

Cottonmouth is a mix of not-so-glamorous Southern cities: New Orleans, Mobile, Memphis, Charleston, Jacksonville, Tampa...

I sure hope that R* is brave enough to opt for a brand new location in a brand new region.

As for a foreign setting, that's one thing we know for a fact that won't happen anytime soon. And luckily so.

Today, America is the only country/society that is deemed acceptable to laugh at.
Any attempt to ridicule foreign cultures will be labeled as "problematic" (best-case scenario) or even "hate speech" (worst-case).

With this in mind, in the unlikely event of a non-American setting, R* will be forced to dumb down its satire, ruining GTA's signature wit, in order not to "offend" people and being accused of "discrimination."

As long as the results are entertaining, I for one don't mind seeing my country being the constant target of international smug mockery.
  • Jabalous, gunziness, GTKING1st and 3 others like this

GrandGRAuto
  • GrandGRAuto

Most Wanted

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GrandGRAuto, 3 weeks ago.

the island cyprus 1:1 scale  xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD jk

they first need to visit the place so either > city outside USA, Vice City or multiple USA cities.

DMThePro123
  • DMThePro123

Playing the GTA Series since 2007.

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 3 weeks ago

Vice City. Nothing more to say.

• EVOLUT7ON likes this

UAL
  • UAL

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Carcer City is a mix of many decadent and crime-ridden Rust Belt cities: Camden, Buffalo, Detroit, Flint, every single city in Ohio, Gary, St. Louis, East St. Louis...

I'd love to see this.

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 2 weeks ago.

I have some ideas I would like to see for the GTA series, these aren't necessarily what I think we will see but more what I would enjoy.

THE EAST COAST:

This one would be pretty huge, I'm talking Boston, New York, Philly, Atlantic City (and maybe DC)

Clover(Boston) Liberty City (New York) Kraftville (Philadelphia) Oceania (Atlantic City) Carcer City (Washington DC)

It would be about the different mob rackets in these gritty North Eastern Cities, it would portray the clashes, the backstabbing, comradery, conniving, robbing, the dons, the rats, the soldiers, the dealers, the executioners.

We would see all kinds of organised and not so organised gangs; the Irish mob, Italian-American, Israeli/Jewish, African-American, Eastern Europeans, Russians.. etc 

It would definitely have a change of feel and pace from the light-hearted GTAV and move back to the grittiness of GTAIV and previous titles, as to accommodate to the cities it takes place in. We would see big divides between the rich and poor of the cities alongside the higher more decadent end of the gang and the lower end of the gang where most of the blood is spilt. 

I think it would be best for this to work in the same ways a lot the GTA games in the past worked, all the area released straight away in the main game starring one main protagonist who will centre in one of the major cities but will travel to some of the others for the story.

After the game has released, in a year we receive major DLC's costing 2/3s of the game's original price. These DLC's will also star one character with his own story who starts in a city but is able to travel freely. More interiors will open up with the DLC's. Stories will intertwine and protagonists may be seen to interact 

Each story will revolve around a member in one of these gangs/mobs, he could be right at the top or right at the bottom or anywhere in between. One will also involve a corrupt cop/ detective, who receives bribes and gives info to gangs of his choosing to get info back giving him an inside to help promote himself.

There will be dynamic seasonal weather system so the cities will change dramatically in theme and feel which will affect how you play. 

We will see grey choices, where the player will have to make equally terrible choices which may have consequences, as is life. These choices can affect the story.

Obviously this is ridiculously huge and I won't be expecting anything like this for years to come, this is just an idea I thought would be pretty cool, apologies for the grammar and if this isn't the appropriate thread to post this.

• Jabalous, Rodger Cheeto, ice_phoenix_66 and 1 other like this

xXEchoXxAssault
  • xXEchoXxAssault

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

There have been LC and VC easter eggs (Also leaks by xxii on YouTube of Las Ventures/San Fierro along with horse races and gambling) so i imagine that they would want to create a game where you can go anywhere; VC, LC, North Yankton, Las Ventures, San Fierro, Los Santos. Something like that would be HUGE! And there would be room for hours of story and more than 32 people in one online session

DarthOdious2002
  • DarthOdious2002

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Here are a number of positive and negative reasons why GTA VI could be based in London.

GOOD:

- The actual city of London is only just over a square mile. Its much smaller than most think and all of its iconic landmarks are in that mile area.

- Like Los Santos, similarly to the city in GTA V, all the tall buildings and landmarks are all near each other, and it would be fairly easy to scale down the city of London and its suburbs into a map size that is suitable.

- The city of Los Santos from GTA V holds some very similar aspects, for example, there is a lot of public transport and a range from rich to poor, not forgetting the River Thames!

- The London City airport is just outside London! This would mean it would be easy to squeeze the airport into this map.

BAD:

- London might not be the perfect setting for a game such as GTA, in fact its estimated that the US has 22% more crimes and violence than the UK. The States is ranked 4th with the most likeliness of death by firearm, while the UK is 39th.

- Is it just better to stay here? The majority of gamers are from the US, not just Grand Theft Auto, but the whole gaming industry. But GTA V does reach the top 5 most played games in the UK, but only just makes the top 15 in the United States.

Key landmarks:

- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

- Oval cricket stadium

- Shakespeare's globe

- Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace

- Hyde and Regents Park

- Tower and London bridges

- St Pauls Cathedral

- London Zoo

- Big Ben and Westminister Cathedral

DarthOdious2002
  • DarthOdious2002

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have worked out how big London would be (if you included such things like the airport and Buckingham Palace), the map would be 18 x 7 miles, which would be 126 square miles. The map of San Andreas in GTA V is 49 square miles. A big difference. But if you edited the map like they did in GTA V with bringing landmarks like London City airport and Canary Warf closer to the centre of London, the map could narrow down to 10 x 5, which would be 50 square metres, and only slightly bigger than the previous game, makes sense.

Tell me what you think.

Vahnstad
  • Vahnstad

The Russian Bear

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Vice city (and/or a huge portion of the state of Florida) or multiple cities in the USA.

All other options are unlikely

Mhhh
  • Mhhh

What are you looking at?

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

VI should be in Europe modern time.

Imagine the Potential of such a Location.

Spain, France, Germany, Italy and the Swiss Alps and sexy dirndl.lol

A brand new Location and Story as never before seen.

Grand Theft Auto Europe would be amazing.:)

But we all know it´s unlikely.

The real Location will be NEW YORK CITY or MIAMI maybe in the 90´s, no doubt.

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, A week ago.

GTA is best suited in America I believe, for the past decade it's been parodying American lifestyle and culture. America's crime history and empire make a suitable backdrop and plot for GTA. 

All I can think of with London is traffic jams on the M1 or stabbing pigeons in Trafalgar Square. I would trust R* with coming up with an original story, something like a Guy Ritchie plot, however I think America has more potential.

Batfleck
  • Batfleck

The World's Greatest Detective.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

It has to be Vice City, no question.

Minhkute360
  • Minhkute360

King of crash - Give me the money or else!

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A week ago

I think my idea may will "beyond" all of yours:
Perhaps we'd stop "simulating" the next GTAs in today real life, instead we'll make a "revolution": the next gta will be put in a city (or many cities) in the future - 22nd century maybe, which consists over the EXTREME & FICTIONAL things:
- The modern & hi-tech buildings/houses;
- The flying vehicles;
- People using the hi-tech devices & services;
- The over-space roads/racetracks;
- The spacecrafts traveling in the space;
- The huge deserts with many abandoned areas + EasterEggs myths + very secret military base areas that are working on their "Black Projects" (maybe related to UFOs);
- The large seas with mysterious islands + monsters; ...
Finally there'll be the wars between humans & aliens :-) ...
and much, much more...! ;-))

P/s: have u ever seen the movie "Tomorrow land"? This movie is an example for the future world in the next release of gta! :-D

I forgot to give some illustrating images for this post, it's here - the next GTA in future world!

tomorrowlandplace.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Minhkute360
  • Minhkute360

King of crash - Give me the money or else!

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A week ago

I guess it must consist these 3 cities: Vice City, San Fierro & Las Venturas!  :lol:  :cool:  :pp  :cookie: 

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

All those ppl voting for Vice City are going to be SO disappointed that GTA VIce City isn't neon-coloured, dressed in Don Johnson clothes and boasting a bouncing eighties soundtrack. Cuz, as far as R* are concerned, they've been there, done that. In fact, R* have seemingly "been there done that" with anything with a past setting if IV and V are anything to go by. Which is a shame because going back to those movie-saturated eras simply made all the GTA IIIs as good as they were.

Plus modern Miami isn't fun. Kinda dull like modern LA / LS is.

• GTKING1st likes this

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted A week ago

^ precisely.
They need to change vibe completely. LC's grittiness is missed but even that has been done. So they should power up that decadent, depressing, noirish atmosphere by moving to Carcer city: "where the Midwest meets Appalachia and the American Dream goes to die."
  • GTKING1st and The7thOne like this

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted A week ago

I think we should get back in Time we want some serious chicago-mafia-classy-suit-sh*t ! sick revenge story ! serious story ! emotional ! gta V was more comedy i liked it but lets change a little bit. the next gta VI i think its going to be 80% online and only 20% off-line .why ? because thats how things work these days . tbh i wish they don't !!!

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

How about a Texas setting? Or Chicago?

TommyMontana
  • TommyMontana

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

I only can see London or any other country in one or two missions(Like LC was in SA and North Yankton in V). I'l put my 2cents in Vice City, Las Venturas or Carcer City.

• CharliesHead likes this

heycorcverseneborc
  • heycorcverseneborc

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

How about a Texas setting? Or Chicago?

Nice ideas . If they do , they should create at least 3 cities from these areas ; 

Texas : Dallas - Houston - San Antonio with gulf of mexica , mexican border , great plains , bunch of towns / settlements , habitat and wilderness 

Michigan : Chicago - Detroit - Cleveland or Toronto with canadian border , bunch of towns / settlements , michigan lake , snowy mountains and wilderness . 

R* never made a game in Texas . It'd be interesting a game which settled in Texas ... drug deals , different types of weapons , spicy food adn steaks , local drinks ( if they add the ability of eating / drinking to the game ) , immigrants , thunderstorms ( they should add natural disasters ) , space center , oil wells , wind farms , tech cos , malls (  they should design some of these ) , tours in San Antonio River luxury vehicles , houses , apartments , etc .. 

Watch dogs was made in Cicago by Ubisoft . Walk around in Chicago in an open world game was a really awesome experience . They've created lots of enterable landmarks , mini games , lake michigan , some settlements outside of Chicago also . Athough story mode , combat , driving mechanics and ai was awful , the map was wonderful . I really want to see Chicago in a R* game . Michigan state also offer winter sports at the ski resorts , water sports at lake michigan , hunting and fishing at wilderness , camping and hiking at national parks , mobs , politics and nightlife in the city , crime , drugs , music and violence  in Detroit , etc .... 

No matter which cities / states they pick , they should also design their characteristic features of geography , demography , economy , politics , culture , transportation , crime ,sports , activities , etc ...  

jake2013guy
  • jake2013guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I'd like there to be multiple cities around the world such as a place or 2 in the US, somewhere in South America/Mexico, somewhere in Asia and somewhere in Europe. 

I'll suggest some here: 

US: 2 of Miami/San Francisco/New Orleans/Washington/Texas

South America/Mexico: Mexico City/Rio

Asia: Tokyo/Shanghai/Sepang

Europe: London/Paris/Madrid/Berlin

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 3 days ago

I'd love to see Vice City again, still lots of potential in it

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

I'd like there to be multiple cities around the world such as a place or 2 in the US, somewhere in South America/Mexico, somewhere in Asia and somewhere in Europe. 

Europe: London/Paris/Madrid/Berlin

Why not Rome?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users