Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Next GTA Location

907 replies to this topic

Poll: Where will the next GTA be set? (569 member(s) have cast votes)

Where will the next GTA be set?

1. San Fierro (41 votes [7.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.21%

2. Las Venturas (30 votes [5.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.27%

3. Vice City (276 votes [48.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.51%

4. Liberty City (16 votes [2.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.81%

5. Carcer City (8 votes [1.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.41%

6. Los Santos (1 votes [0.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.18%

7. North Yankton (4 votes [0.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.70%

8. Other United States metropolitan adaptation (please specify) (24 votes [4.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.22%

9. City outside of the continental United States. (14 votes [2.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.46%

10. Multiple cities in the United States (112 votes [19.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.68%

11. Multiple cities outside of the United States (14 votes [2.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.46%

12. London (29 votes [5.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I world really like to see a GTA set in Europe. London would be fine, but I know Rockstar would f**k up with vehicle modeling and spawn.
I mean it's just so annoying to see only luxury cars on the road in V. Hope the next game will have more average cars

Vikki_Suicide
  • Vikki_Suicide

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

I world really like to see a GTA set in Europe. London would be fine, but I know Rockstar would f**k up with vehicle modeling and spawn.
I mean it's just so annoying to see only luxury cars on the road in V. Hope the next game will have more average cars

I honestly can't say I only see fancy cars, most of the stuff I see are a pile of crap.

BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

I honestly can't say I only see fancy cars, most of the stuff I see are a pile of crap.

I see tons of ballers exemplars and rapid gts

Vikki_Suicide
  • Vikki_Suicide

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

I see tons of ballers exemplars and rapid gts

You must be lucky, I seldom see those!!  Then again I spend most of my time in the suburbs and countryside exploring!

Fyttirakkern
  • Fyttirakkern

Rat

• Members

Posted 5 days ago

Hope we will see some mountains with snow in GTA VI, driving around in snowmobiles would be awesome :D

• Lordani66 likes this

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Liberty City Criminals

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I liked what they did with asassin's creed Syndicate's London so I would like to see what GTA would do with it

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homeboy

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 3 days ago Edited by gunziness, 3 days ago.

As much as I would love a modern VC rendition, i would prefer for VI to be set in a place based in Boston for example. To get to know a new location for once.
A story based in the movies 'The Town' or 'The Drop' would be quite interesting.

After that, a VC rendition would be more than welcome for me.

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

Miami is too similar to LA: overdone, famous, sunny, beaches, lavish lifestyles and a glorified gang culture.

America has a lot to offer beyond its well-known metros. There are plenty of subcultures and peculiar locations that have yet to be promptly tackled and depicted.

Carcer City is a mix of many decadent and crime-ridden Rust Belt cities: Camden, Buffalo, Detroit, Flint, every single city in Ohio, Gary, St. Louis, East St. Louis...

Cottonmouth is a mix of not-so-glamorous Southern cities: New Orleans, Mobile, Memphis, Charleston, Jacksonville, Tampa...

I sure hope that R* is brave enough to opt for a brand new location in a brand new region.

As for a foreign setting, that's one thing we know for a fact that won't happen anytime soon. And luckily so.

Today, America is the only country/society that is deemed acceptable to laugh at.
Any attempt to ridicule foreign cultures will be labeled as "problematic" (best-case scenario) or even "hate speech" (worst-case).

With this in mind, in the unlikely event of a non-American setting, R* will be forced to dumb down its satire, ruining GTA's signature wit, in order not to "offend" people and being accused of "discrimination."

As long as the results are entertaining, I for one don't mind seeing my country being the constant target of international smug mockery.
  • gunziness and GTKING1st like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users