Quantcast

» «
Photo

When was the last time you commended another player?

17 replies to this topic
Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

And why did you do it?

I thought I'd make this topic after commending a friendly player earlier, and realising there's too much "b*tch*ng and moaning" going on lately :)

I was running from the cops in my car and accidentally killed a guy on his motorcycle as he came down the hill and I was going up. I apologized in a message and he said no worries. Normally I would expect someone to either chase me and kill me, spam me with cussing or both, but it was a pleasant surprise so I commended him for being friendly

What's your story? :)

gtuned
  • gtuned

Is that a mod?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Just a few nights ago actually.

Was robbing a store and someone came by in a buzzard, and of course my first thought is "please don't god damnit". He sent me a text asking if I needed a ride, hopped in, gave him some cash and then separated. Later that session, I was dealing with a tool the other night (someone with swag in their PSN ID would be a dick? shocking right?) He came by numerous times in a cargobob, dropping cars for me to escape in, which didn't necessarily work cause the asshole was driving a Zentorno and doing the bitch reverse tactic. The guy came back in the cargobob, picked me up and flew me away from the asshole, who later got in a tank and got pissed cause he couldn't kill us.

• CaptainMental and Cameron Star like this

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

I use the Commend-function when someone goes out of the way to help me. For instance I was dogfighting this guy in a Lazer and while I'm no noob at it he owned me quickly. He then contacted me and gave me some advice on how to improve my Lazer skills, I even sat down in front of the tv in my apartment watching him showing some moves.

• Cameron Star likes this

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

what does commend actually do

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

DWuq3Q7.png

Last time i commended someone, was when i was trading them to get out of dodgy player status.

Skeever
  • Skeever

The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 14 August 2014 - 06:45 PM.

I don't think I ever have, honestly, always forget that the option to commend other players is there. Someone must have commended me in the past, though, as I started getting a very small discount (probably about 5%) on body armor, grenades/sticky bombs/tear gas, etc. starting a few months ago.

• Cameron Star likes this

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

what does commend actually do

Not that much to be honest with you. You get a 5% discount in all shops when you recieve +90% good reviews from peers the game says. I think it also contributes to the "Good behaviour reward" but I'm not sure on that.

Someone else will know what it does for sure :)

• xXepicjasaXx and Eliz like this

_MessenJah_
  • _MessenJah_

Mental State on Max!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Never used the commend feature and don't think I have been commended by anyone either.  From the sounds of it, I'm not missing out on much.

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

I didnt know this feature existed lol.

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

Few days ago actually. Even though he has his 5% as do I

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Big Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Just from when I was in bad sport, with the hope that they would commend me in return.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Never.

But there are times that I should have, like I was running from the cops and a cargobob swoops down, lands, and takes me away. Should've given him a Commend. Will try to do it more in the future.

BasixSD
  • BasixSD

Vespucci Kartel Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by BasixSD, 14 August 2014 - 08:14 PM.

I am apart of a crew, so I am constantly Commending crew members for being Helpful. It keeps us out of Bad Sports Lobby and negates almost any bullsh*t Report someone does to us. It is an essential tool of our crew since we raid in open lobbies very often.

procharged94
  • procharged94

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

I commended a guy on being able to kill me the other night. He timed his roll/aim/fire just right. He went on to grief me for awhile longer. GTA players are 99% assholes, from my experience.
  • 8up local likes this

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

The Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

About 24 hours ago.  

My bro and I were playing and the game put us with a third guy that was one of the best team mates I've ever rolled with.  In fact, better than some people that were actually in my Crew back in the day.  lol  Suddenly his mic starts and he was like, "I never talk because of the squeekers."  

When the mission was over and everyone could hear everyone again he got silent.  I waited and made sure he was commended on helpful.  

• 8up local likes this

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

been quite a while since i commended anyone, last time i did though it for a rank 120+ spawn killing a rank 300+ who was spawn killing a rank 5 at the airport. it was nice and quite fun to watch it happen.  :lol:

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Never, I only heard about this feature once and I'm not gonna bother using it honestly.

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

I use it when I join a mission and the players actually seem to want to work together. If we are on a roll (multiple missions) I will definitely use it.

I also commend crews (hosts) who do not kick me from missions and allow me to play along for long runs. If people are cool on the mic and seem to be in it to have fun rather than be dicks, I use the feature. There needs to be a lot more of it, IMHO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users