chromexmods and other youtubers ruining gta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
284 replies to this topic
ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:14 PM Edited by ZZCOOL, 14 August 2014 - 05:25 PM.

as a modder myself i am disgusted to see what has happened with the community theres a supposed "rape" mod that only chromexmods has access too it has been making headlines

what worries me is that this will make rockstar games as hateful on modding as they were after hot coffe this is getting beyond pathetic he is a "talented" modder yet he tries so hard to get the approval from those bloodsucking youtube commentators

now he has become one of them

my biggest worry is that rockstar games will get a new view on modding as a whole because of these kids

it seems rockstar games has been turning a blindeye to money hacking etc they seem to be with these big youtube commentators but i wounder what happens when they get problems for this

• PreciousWall, abnorm, Rockwheels and 30 others like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

I was very young, and very angry. Maybe that is no excuse...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

You know how Rockstar has done livestreams in the past with these "YouTubers" including the modders?

Yeah. I think Rockstar has either fallen victim, or has just given up.

I still don't see how R* could turn a blind eye to this. They'll be losing hundreds, maybe even thousands of players if this keeps up.

• TCA and Cameron Star like this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

You know how Rockstar has done livestreams in the past with these "YouTubers" including the modders?

Yeah. I think Rockstar has either fallen victim, or has just given up.

I still don't see how R* could turn a blind eye to this. They'll be losing hundreds, maybe even thousands of players if this keeps up.

yeah thats what i mean they don't seem to care seems like sortof a conspiracy but what happens when they get problems for it

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Don't these modders basically cause a sh*tload of trouble for the servers? So much so that Rockstar has to clean it all up and delay potential updates because some chav kid decided to take a gargantuan diarrhea sh*t on everyone's Online experience?

If so, that's pretty f*cked up, and if Rockstar actually gave up on fixing it, that's even more f*cked up. This seems like a genuine problem for Online.

• Luk38644, ten-a-penny, who-dat and 2 others like this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Don't these modders basically cause a sh*tload of trouble for the servers? So much so that Rockstar has to clean it all up and delay potential updates because some chav kid decided to take a gargantuan diarrhea sh*t on everyone's Online experience?

If so, that's pretty f*cked up, and if Rockstar actually gave up on fixing it, that's even more f*cked up. This seems like a genuine problem for Online.

gta 5 online is dead on console it will be different on pc as pc modders have some decency they won't act like kids

though i hope this won't change rockstar games view on modding this right on console is not modding it is plain hacking

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by Xerukal, 14 August 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Modding Online on console always seems to have this malicious factor to it. Like everyone is doing it just to be a dick and nothing else. It's kind of why I take to calling console modding an abomination. There's no creative factor to it like on PC. I mean sure, you'll always have dull as f*ck mods on PC, that only exist to provide an advantage in competitive play and nothing else, but that's boring! There's all these other fun mods, especially for IV. You don't get to see that with console modding. Well, at least not with GTA:O. 

All I see in "GTA:O modding" videos is locked/inaccessible content colored differently to match the wearer's twisted sense of fashion, and the occasional spawning of objects or animations (SNT :p).

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

Modding Online on console always seems to have this malicious factor to it. Like everyone is doing it just to be a dick and nothing else. It's kind of why I take to calling console modding an abomination. There's no creative factor to it like on PC. I mean sure, you'll always have dull as f*ck mods on PC, that only exist to provide an advantage in competitive play and nothing else, but that's boring! There's all these other fun mods, especially for IV. You don't get to see that with console modding. Well, at least not with GTA:O. 

All I see in "GTA:O modding" videos is locked/inaccessible content colored differently to match the wearer's twisted sense of fashion, and the occasional spawning of objects or animations (SNT :p).

sad thing is rockstar games changed they were so different before now it's all about gta online even ash told me they changed and thats for the worse i used to respect them greatly now i don't know

maybe they can redeem themselves in my eyes when gta 5 releases on pc and hopefully console modding will be crushed by pc modding so much that noone will care about console modding killing off all the big youtube commentators and glitchers SMASH THAT LIKE button thing

• vengeancehawk, Target13, Bodge and 1 other like this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Tell me, what's your point of view?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Aren't they currently banning a lot of people?

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

This is different though.

Hot Coffee was all Rockstar's f*ckup.

• iainspad likes this

johndivney
  • johndivney

Rat

• Members
  • Bahamas

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

as a modder myself i am disgusted to see what has happened with the community

it seems rockstar games has been turning a blindeye to money hacking etc they seem to be with these big youtube commentators but i wounder what happens when they get problems for this

Just on that 2nd point - I've been very disappointed, but not surprised, by the gaming press giving r* a total pass on some of the stuff that's plagued gtao & esp since this latest mod. The silence has been deafening. There's a total reluctance to criticise or call them out on how they've handled the game. The coziness of the press & the industry is p distasteful.

On your 1st point. The first modder I met on gtao was a great guy, harmless & fun. The next few not so much. So it goes..
  • BasixSD likes this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

I wouldn`t say they are harming the game but what they are doing is making sh*t for the proper guys on YT that actually have decent videos and put time into it.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Just on that 2nd point - I've been very disappointed, but not surprised, by the gaming press giving r* a total pass on some of the stuff that's plagued gtao & esp since this latest mod. The silence has been deafening. There's a total reluctance to criticise or call them out on how they've handled the game. The coziness of the press & the industry is p distasteful.

On your 1st point. The first modder I met on gtao was a great guy, harmless & fun. The next few not so much. So it goes..

it has nothing to do with harmless mods are not supposed to go online PERIOD unless it's a free roaming server which does NOT exist in gta 5 gta online is competiive game meaning modding does not belong online in any shape or form untill free roaming servers are made without a point system

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

it has nothing to do with harmless mods are not supposed to go online PERIOD unless it's a free roaming server which does NOT exist in gta 5 gta online is competiive game meaning modding does not belong online in any shape or form untill free roaming servers are made without a point system

Off-topic question but why is your grammar so bad?

I thought Swedish spoke english pretty fluently? 

MrWhiskers
  • MrWhiskers

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

oh shut the f*ck up

• Thisguyherenow likes this

BasixSD
  • BasixSD

SouthEast OG Butcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

I completely agree with you, the press has been silent on these modders plaguing the game, plus Rockstar even got called out for Promoting Modding Crew Adobotz, which they did remove from the Featured Crews, but still, if no one had said anything, Rockstar wouldn't have cared. Their reputation is being ruined by the modders, though I do have to say, I really enjoy ChromeXMods' LiveStream invasions, they are funny to watch, though I am getting tired of these Modded Money Lobbies, God Mode bitches, and the Modder I encountered that spawned a f*cking giant steel beam in the middle of my garage.  :panic:

• RicoPPP likes this

HollywoodVice
  • HollywoodVice

I'm everywhere, everybody know me

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

You have the choice to watch or not to watch said users videos.

Like I choose not to do. :)

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

i also have a choice to speak my words which is exactly what i am doing

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

There are no good or bad modders, just modders. You're all f*cking the game up regardless of good or bad intentions.
  • Lc gta, Jolly Swagman, LuapYllier and 3 others like this

Sparky McWonderpants
  • Sparky McWonderpants

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

You mod games and create an experience that is unwanted in many cases by other players.  And if you don't, most nodders do, so tough cookies for getting lumped in.

• The Real SpitKing, Jolly Swagman, PrestoWater and 3 others like this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

You mod games and create an experience that is unwanted in many cases by other players.  And if you don't, most nodders do, so tough cookies for getting lumped in.

it has happened real modders are not being associated with that group :(

Sparky McWonderpants
  • Sparky McWonderpants

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

it has happened real modders are not being associated with that group :(

Because your group (modders) has created their own bad press.  If you haven't stood up and called for it in lobbies with them, then you deserve it.  

Modders in general have been a huge negative on this game.  If you're a modder, its your issue too.

who-dat
  • who-dat

FREE-AIM Olympic Gold Medalist '82

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by who-dat, 14 August 2014 - 06:37 PM.

gta 5 online is dead on console it will be different on pc as pc modders have some decency they won't act like kids
though i hope this won't change rockstar games view on modding this right on console is not modding it is plain hacking

What makes a PC modder any different than a console modder?

Modders think they're so talented b/c they take others work, alter it, and call it their work.
sh*ts weak.
If a modder wants to be a badass, why not get a job making games, instead of (usually) pissing off others who want to play a game or (rarely) contributing to the fun factor of others.
  • The Real SpitKing, G37 and Fireman Sam like this

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by Cameron Star, 14 August 2014 - 06:47 PM.

I hate 'Chrome x Modz' so much! I go on Se7en Sins sometimes and he's like everyone's hero there! I've seen a few of his videos just to see what he does and I think he's a disgusting sadist with his r*pe mod, screwing up live game streams with R* devs and he can even frame another player for the modding apparently. It makes me sick when he and others say the r*ping is funny.

He's the #1 culprit for screwing up the game as far as I'm concerned, and all for his own pleasure at the expense of GTA lovers who just want to play the game the way it's meant to be played and have some clean fun.

You also get about 100 other youtubers all posting the same glitches, same mods, same content as each other while begging for likes and subs

• Tlaneloli, Zorvaine and NubcakeVII like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:51 PM Edited by Xerukal, 14 August 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Modders think they're so talented b/c they take others work, alter it, and call it their work.
sh*ts weak.
If a modder wants to be a badass, why not get a job making games, instead of (usually) pissing off others who want to play a game or (rarely) contributing to the fun factor of others.

PC modders often mod for the sake of fun, not for the sake of f*cking the game up the ass as hard as possible, just to annoy others or to harm the general balance of the game world. I do not mean to generalize, but in GTA:O's specific case, the general use of mods seems to be to gain unfair advantages and use them against others. That's from my personal experience of watching videos and (very rarely) participating in public lobbies.

There are cheaters on PC, of course. But in competitive play, they mostly use aimbots, wallhacks and similar enhancements that are very easy to differentiate from regular PC mods. This doesn't seem to be the case on console, as "mods" seem to classify as cheating and everything in-between, with no unique property differentiating actual fun-based, non-malicious mods from hacks and cheats designed to give an unfair advantage.

Also, console modding is not officially supported by any one developer. There are many games and developers on PC that strongly encourage modding as a means of helping the game's life cycle. Things like the Steam Workshop come to mind...

Modders are talented because they take the work of others given to them, alter it in a creative and personal way, and then enable it to the public free of charge for all to enjoy. This is how certain games came to fruition. Games that have defined genres were made possible by some guy's interest in modding (Counter-Strike is a good example).

You cannot generalize modders in such a way. There are different sorts. Some want to use their mods in the privacy of their own, private game, perhaps with friends. Some are out to get ruin other people's enjoyment of the game. There are so many types of people to consider, painting them all with the same brush simply is not fair. 

• ten-a-penny, who-dat, Alvarez and 4 others like this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

sh*ts weak.

what makes a pc modder different is that we are mature we don't act like kids the most respected modders are against using mods online for competitve play sjaak prevented his simple native trainer from going online

yes cheating would be on pc too but noone would accept it aimbots as mods would be hated on and noone would encourage it

pc modding is cleaner much more different

kaya4195
  • kaya4195

Snitch

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Because of these f*cking modders, I am sure they will give An Update in a week. Everybody is talking about rape.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Because of these f*cking modders, I am sure they will give An Update in a week. Everybody is talking about rape.

it dusgusts me

here you go it resembles my feelings

10515155_1545531858999075_65059514613106

• Killzone3265, GrandTheftBatman, RoachKiller_416 and 6 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

I'm currently looking for a gaming laptop to buy in the future (don't have any money at the moment so it might be in some time) as console modders are all the same. They're dicks. The rare instances that I meet a cool "modder" on GTA IV that spawns Sultan RS and ramps for the rest of the lobby to use is just that - rare. The other mod menu douches spawn us in the ocean or light us up on fire. What satisfaction do they get out of that? I've been a console fanboy (Xbox, to be precise) for around 7-8 years now and with a friend recently starting PC gaming with Skyrim (which has tons of mods), PC gaming is now suddenly more interesting. Yes, there are more modders on PC but there's also more mature people on there. I'm growing older and to find mature people my age in a GTA:O session is impossible. Every 20-30 year old acts like a f*cking retard, using their mic only to tell others to shut up.

This post wasn't really about modders on Youtube but more on how console gaming isn't that appealing when you take a peek into PC gaming and see what it has to offer. Yes, it can be pricier (I'm not building my own PC - just buy it expensive and make it last as long as I can) and can be more technical than console games but how mods can affect the game is astonishing and somewhat a personal journey where each player has differently. My brother came over last week and he sometime likes to use autoaim on BF4 and just laughing. He's my brother so I didn't shoot him down completely but I said why he was using it. I'm not a fan of the Battlefield games (1942 is the greatest, though) but even if those mods were available to me I wouldn't use them. The game plays for you. :/

On a side-note, before using the mods my brother has to check if his trainer has been updated or else he could be banned from the servers if they find out so that's good to know that cheats can be uncovered within days - unlike GTA:O where every lobby has some sort of modder/glitcher and R* release a patch every 2 months.

• iainspad and Cameron Star like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

If you want to modify the game to be how you like it. Study harder and write your own game. Then you can piss off and let us play.
  • iainspad likes this

kaya4195
  • kaya4195

Snitch

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

it dusgusts me

here you go it resembles my feelings

10515155_1545531858999075_65059514613106
I am sure they are doing these things as Rockstar hasn't updated the game for 1.5 months. Let me play a trusted gamee Where are you Rockstar? Update this f*cking game!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users