The positive things about GTA V list

33 replies to this topic
temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

Now that we're waiting for 1.16. Lets make a list of things that we love in Gta v. If there's a thread similar to this close this thread down  :)

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Vic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

There probably is, but who cares? I for one, actually love the graphics on this game. Everyone gives it a lot of sh*t for last-gen limitations, which, obviously, is to to be expected on 8 year old hardware. But driving with the HUD off with the camera focused closest to the shoulders and just walking around, the graphics on the cars mainly, really impress me. I like that there's not a lot of bloom effect like other games have (NFS) but the car's lighting look natural. The lipsync during cutscenes is also really good. Minor detail here, but when I see MTF's haircuts, they look real as in you can see each strand of hair. Mentioning details, I like how you can see Chop pant and his tongue actually moves. The explosions look realistic. I remember first seeing them in the GTA Online trailer. I thought to myself, DAAAAAAMN! Finally, I like how how even though the area is extremely limited and it only surrounds like 2 inches around you, I like how when standing under trees or by a chain link fence, you can see through all the little holes. That is all for now. 

• Pastry likes this

temi4328
  • temi4328

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

There probably is, but who cares? I for one, actually love the graphics on this game. Everyone gives it a lot of sh*t for last-gen limitations, which, obviously, is to to be expected on 8 year old hardware. But driving with the HUD off with the camera focused closest to the shoulders and just walking around, the graphics on the cars mainly, really impress me. I like that there's not a lot of bloom effect like other games have (NFS) but the car's lighting look natural. The lipsync during cutscenes is also really good. Minor detail here, but when I see MTF's haircuts, they look real as in you can see each strand of hair. Mentioning details, I like how you can see Chop pant and his tongue actually moves. The explosions look realistic. I remember first seeing them in the GTA Online trailer. I thought to myself, DAAAAAAMN! Finally, I like how how even though the area is extremely limited and it only surrounds like 2 inches around you, I like how when standing under trees or by a chain link fence, you can see through all the little holes. That is all for now. 

Thanks, People just seem to talk about the negative things about anything :) If Gta v was only released for Current gen(PS4,XBOX ) I wouldn't be playing this game most likely. Thanks for your opinion :)

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

It makes a meeeeeaaaaaan coaster.

• Mr. Jago, EaglesFan1825, temi4328 and 1 other like this

Skull2knight
  • Skull2knight

https://soundcloud.com/skull2knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

The cars, The beautiful graphics seen never before! It was so bright compared to GTA IV. The NPC's and Random events in Single Player showing what usually happens in Los Santos. The HUGE map (But Blaine Country was gonna be bigger) The perfect lip sync in cutscenes. The beach at day, i love taking pictures of the sun when its in front of the beach, and don't forget the stone dude and the people laying on the beach waiting to be ran over by a Sandking >:). The guns, they are like guns in real life but the Firework Launcher was my favorite. The cheats... Every GTA game has the good old cheats that are fun like Zero Gravity. Mount Chiliad! I like going up there and then go down with my car and wreck it or free fall off, Or get the Liberator and climb up all the way and fall down seeing NO damage to it whatsoever. Single Player Heists, Its fun how you set it up and if you pick the wrong person you lose then and their money. Lastly... Not GTA:O Because theres so many people that kill you for no reason and the races are so bugged, i can't even join most of them all i see is that loading screen pictures. Its... STRIP CLUBS :p

• Pastry likes this

temi4328
  • temi4328

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

I agree with most of your choices. Gta v feels so alive with random events. My favorite heist was paleto bay The trailer alone made me love it.but doing itself was amazing.

Payne
  • Payne

Time move forward, nothing changes.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

The detailed cars and the graphics.

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

The general variety. Loads of vehicles, weapons and also costumization for both. And missions as well are varied and entertaining.

Multiple character system was innovative and has potential. Hope to see iterations!

An extensive online mode, which is promising, despite of the problems.

Did playhour average the other day, almost 2 hours a day on average since i made the purchase, reckon it's decent return for money spent to say the least.
  • fac316 likes this

temi4328
  • temi4328

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

Has there ever been a game with with the three characters? If there wasn't any then Gta v is kind of revolutionary lol but no where as revolutionary as Gta 3 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:54 AM

This was on it's soundtrack.

• GroundZero and Payne like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

The whole game there's just too many great things to list IMO
  • temi4328 likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

I like the countryside and the animals.

Also the large variety of cars.

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

It has loads of weapons. You can make a dog attack humans. it looks quite nice. Loads of vehicles. Good lightning. The dlc is free. You get to play as a guy who eats people. I like the way a lot of the missions transition from cutscene to gameplay with no loading screen. I like the car damage too. You can kill a jonah hill lookalike, if you're not a fan of him thats a benefit.

temi4328
  • temi4328

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

It has loads of weapons. You can make a dog attack humans. it looks quite nice. Loads of vehicles. Good lightning. The dlc is free. You get to play as a guy who eats people. I like the way a lot of the missions transition from cutscene to gameplay with no loading screen. I like the car damage too. You can kill a jonah hill lookalike, if you're not a fan of him thats a benefit.

I like the dogs attacking but they are so OP. They are so OP before i shoot up grove street i have to examine the place :D

People think the only thing to do is activities. But it's all about IMAGINATION! I doubt having a gun fight on a train could be a activity lol 

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

-Customisation. I love GTA V's customisation. A pity there's such a limited amount of storage space for vehicles though.

-Michael. The best of the trio IMO.

-Vapid Blade. F*cking aye.

-Snapmatic. I love taking photos.

-Soundtrack. I don't think it's as bad as what people say.

• GroundZero and The7thOne like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Flyable airplanes

Choice of city or countryside

Snapmatic photos

Stunning weather effects (especially the sunsets)

Incredible landscape (mountains, rivers and coastline)

The goods train

Deep explorable ocean (if you can be bothered)

UFO easter eggs

DLC freebies.
  • GroundZero and temi4328 like this

temi4328
  • temi4328

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Flyable airplanes

Choice of city or countryside

Snapmatic photos

Stunning weather effects (especially the sunsets)

Incredible landscape (mountains, rivers and coastline)

The goods train

Deep explorable ocean (if you can be bothered)

UFO easter eggs

DLC freebies.

I love how your controller shakes if lighting happens

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Lost in the Virtual Plaza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

Michael

Dynamic Weather

Customization

Countryside is beautiful

Flashlight for guns. That would have been extremely useful in GTA IV.

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Michael's dialogue, movement and demeanour. The most convincing playable criminal in the entire series.

Bobandy
  • Bobandy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

^ Pretty much sums it up. The things that really stand out to me are the detailed vehicles and landscape though. I also like to just walk around and admire the humorous signs/ads throughout the city and listen to random NPC convos. Endless entertainment!

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

Haven't seen quick save mentioned yet. Playing III era games recently it's such a pain in the arse to travel back to a safehouse every time you need to save. GTAV spoiled me.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

Haven't seen quick save mentioned yet. Playing III era games recently it's such a pain in the arse to travel back to a safehouse every time you need to save. GTAV spoiled me.

Features like this are taken for granted IMO. If there's any feature I hope gets carried over from GTA V to GTA VI it's this.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Quick save is going to be so great on the PC & NG versions with the faster loading times. The fact that it loads you in the exact same spot where you quick saved is great. That means you can quick save and do whatever the f*ck you want then quick load right after. This is a perfect way to see how certain random events play out based on your choices.  

Like the one time I found that woman running away from her groom at the wedding. He came after us and I shot him dead. She called Trevor a monster and ran way. I later found out that I actually "failed" the random event by doing this, or rather, got a "bad" ending to it.

Good thing I quick saved. Loaded the save up and took her straight to the altruist cult instead :lol:.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 28 August 2014 - 06:39 PM.

I really love the weather effects in GTA V. Sometimes at sea and at night, it almost looks photo-realistic. With the reflections casting on the water plus the awesome waves! Man, I love it!

Vehicle customization is really good in this game as well. I never leave a vehicle unmodified.

The countryside is a nice area to get away from the cityscape of LS.

The animations are so smooth compared to GTA IV. The transitions from animations to animations are smooth as well!

The quick save feature!!

I love the increased height limit! Its always fun to get a Lazer and fly to the highest altitude, jump out and immediately pull the cord on the parachute. Takes forever to get to ground level.

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

That michaels family dont seem to mind him beating a prostitute to death in their home

G's Ah's
  • G's Ah's

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

I love the map. The scenery is fantastic. The animals are a great addition and it's a shame the console generations limited the numbers of them. 

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

The Emergency Vehicle lighting system is very much extremely better than IV's.

Cheers.

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

The radio wheel and how it displays the artist and name of song currently playing. Small but great addition.

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

Pick any number, choose any color

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:17 AM

Three protagonists.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

• The Coquette's: They're good looking and the only cars in the game that are actually fun to drive
  • Los Santos: I have a love/hate relationship with it but I can't help but admire the detail that was poured into it sometimes
  • The Mil-Jet: Awesome jet, fun to pilot and a great alternative to a the private jet as far as looks go

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users