Photo

Store robbery appreciation

152 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

so, when I first began playing online, I robbed stores constantly.

but once the money became a non-issue, I dismissed it.

now, I'm back to doing it again except with the acquired wisdom one only gets from playing.

while there's no real science to it, I find that I have a routine and can get in-and-out pretty quick.

making sure my driver's side door is always facing the door to the store helps, as does going in slow and always attacking the clerk barehanded, never with a weapon or with intent to kill.

i don't use a gun and point it at the clerk anymore, as I've been killed twice when they produced a gun. not again!

did you know that sometimes if you kick the second register, it spits money onto the floor in front of the counter? yup! not always, tho.

In my getaways, I always pre-plan my route to the next store on the GPS, just before I go into the current store, so I don't have to think about it and know exactly where to go next.

I try to see how many stores I can hit before being caught, killed, or have to flee like a sunburnt squash.

any insight as to stores? what's a typical take? what's the most you can get? ever have a customer attack you?

just curious, is all. cheers! 

screen-shot-2013-10-04-at-6.32.04-pm.png

• livejoker, Neal Fargo, tali vas Normandy and 2 others like this

godziller
  • godziller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

Sometimes I shoot the clerk after he gives me the money.
  • pokemon4ever, lunaticz0r, iRage HD7 and 9 others like this

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

Once a random NPC came in from outside and shot me while I was sticking the clerk up. I always wondered if it was because I had robbed the store before and maybe the NPCs hanging out outside recognized me and knew what was going down. Now I always make sure I'm at an angle where I can see the door when I pull my gun on the clerk and then shoot the clerk after he drops the money cause I been killed on my way out the door by them before
  • fw3 likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

Nice!
A customer once shotgunned me from the back when I was in the middle of a robbing. It wasn't any customers there when I arrived so I have no idea how that happened

• fw3 and rickreim like this

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

And always park my car in be-out position before going in, that's just robbery 101
  • BuyMeTheMoon and fw3 like this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Gangsta

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

I always shop 1st, kill any customers, kill the clerk, shoot the 2nd till (register), rob the main one , then I'll usually walk outside to my car. Sometimes I'll take cover in the rear of the shop, break out the sawed off and battle with the LSPD 'til I get 5 stars, then try and lose them.
Generally get about 100 from the 2nd till and about a grand from the main one.
I rob stores every time I'm on.
  • Ethereal_NYC and fw3 like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:00 AM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 01 April 2014 - 10:02 AM.

I have a routine.

Leave vehicle running.

Throw on a mask, wish it was a ski-mask.

Go in and scare the clerk by firing a couple shots at the bottles.

Then I shoot out all the cameras.

Then shoot out the liquor bottles for show.

Take the cash.

Hold "x" and move out while aiming at clerk's head.

If he pulls out a gun, he dies.

Hide in a garage or an alley or anything similar not far from the scene of the crime.

Take off mask when no pigs are around.

???????

Profit.

• Ethereal_NYC, fw3, Nenzo and 1 other like this

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

I'm always buying things and never leave without robbing the joint.  I feel pretty bad about it though because my neighbor used to run a corner store and got robbed at gun point three times before she finally sold the place.

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Gangsta

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

^^ that's why you shoot the clerk, bro.
Put him out of his misery, save him getting PTSD...

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

Sometimes I shoot the clerk after he gives me the money.

Why is this making me laugh so much?
  • Itzreality, ArbitraryName14 and LightningLord411 like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

I also aim my gun at any NPC's outside to make sure one of them doesn't try to kill me inside while I'm handling business.

If they don't have a gun, they'll run, if not then they'll start popping shots.

stigger58
  • stigger58

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

did you know that sometimes if you kick the second register, it spits money onto the floor in front of the counter? yup! not always, tho.

Works on all registers in all the shops ;)

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

i love robbing stores, i do it almost every time i'm on

however, i've dropped my habit of blasting them in the chest with a shotty, now i just bash them in the skull with a golf club.

a trip to the hospital will fix that right up  :beerhat:

• fw3 likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

"Sorry for bad grammar, I'm at KFC"

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Usually before I rob the clerk, I'll go to the quick job menu click on any and when it says "are you sure?" I'll just leave it there while I rob the store then get a sweet casual headshot before I join the mission as I don't wanna get involved with those annoying, dimwitted cops. f*ck the police!
  • iRage HD7 and fw3 like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Halloween is Pedo Day!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

Good thread :)
I walk in, buy some stuff. If he has everything I need (when there's no padlock meaning he's out of stock), I walk out. If he runs out of stock of what I need, I show him a pistol. I fire one shot only behind him at the bottles for effect (and for him to go faster). I keep an eye on the minimap for any red dots. Hands me money, I walk backwards, gun still pointing at him, out the door. Run to car door, enter, go into alleys, down straights, around corners (never in the hills as it's easier). You get 3 stars if you shoot him (most of the time) so I avoid shooting him, I don't bother with 2nd register as cops are already on my ass if I do. I enjoy using a muscle car or a cheap beater of the sorts for these. One rule, though, I don't hit the store near my place. That guy knows me.

• fw3 and Neal Fargo like this

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

EAT, SLEEP, SAVE THE GALAXY, REPEAT.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

screen-shot-2013-10-04-at-6.32.04-pm.png

Thats my favorite store clerk.  I pretend he is Apu from the Simpsons and he is always fun to rob.

and to shoot at

• fw3 and LightningLord411 like this

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

0_0.jpg

What about robbing the robbers.... of their lives?

• fw3 and Black Terminator like this

semah
  • semah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

I like how these guys do it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Ieu4UtpZFUI

• ShinobiFixer, Scary Éire and WinkingSkeever6 like this

meatrocket8
  • meatrocket8

Stompin' Necks and Cashin' Checks!

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:01 PM Edited by meatrocket8, 01 April 2014 - 08:34 PM.

Haven't robbed stores in a while but it was certainly a fun way to make money in the beginning.  Also, a few times I have helped out lower level players by getting my helicopter and using it to hop from store to store while I let them do the robberies.

A fun challenge I would like to try with a friend one day would be to try to rob all the stores on the map in sequence while trying not to get caught by the cops.

• livejoker and fw3 like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Halloween is Pedo Day!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

Store after store sounds fun. Will give that a go :)

• fw3 likes this

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

If you keep your gun pointed at the clerk until you leave they will rarely pull a gun on you. Its when you let your guard down they produce it.

Also there is a store in Mirror Park and one just south of it where if you rob the store and drive straight out of LS (east I think) and up the dirt hills the cops will not find you. Only 1 or 2 stars though.
  • fw3 likes this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

I robbed a lot when I was new and used the money to buy a 2 car garage. Not so much anymore but sometimes I'll just go in and shoot the clerk for fun and maybe do a stakeout with the cops or other players if I have a bounty on me.

• fw3 likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

FS

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

I was running getaway for a string of store robberies the other day and noticed something. If there are any pedestrians nearby when the robbery is in progress, they'll turn hostile and brandish a gun (like rickreim mentioned above). I was just sitting outside waiting for my partner in crime to clean out the register when all of a sudden this hobo became a red dot on the mini map and started shooting at me. I dispatched him, then we lost the chips and went to another store. Once again, another close by ped turned vigilante and started shooting at me. This time it was an old woman oddly enough.

Should have taken a picture, hindsight 20/20.

• fw3 likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

After the clerk gives you the money, if you shoot one of his hands, he won't shoot back and you will not get the extra star. 

I use my Buzzard for store robbing hi-jinks. Good times. If you have a partner to jump out and rob while you hover and kill all oncoming police, it goes a bit smoother.

• fw3 likes this

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

This is pretty much the only way i get money nowadays. Ive gotten bored of missions and glitching, so i usually team up with a random and hit the stores while yelling into the mic a bunch of obsenities to add realism and make the experience more fun :p nothing like some good ol' cops and robbers gameplay for me :)
  • livejoker, meatrocket8 and fw3 like this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:04 PM Edited by Chekoloco, 01 April 2014 - 09:05 PM.

I robbed all the stores at the beggining and that´s all...so maybe i´ll try the "store to store" challenge...sounds fun

• fw3 likes this

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

Couple of handy tips I learned recently:

1. If you want to guarantee not to get shot as you leave, but don't want to have to back out of the shop with your gun trained on the cashier, just wait for him to throw the money at you, then fire near his head. He'll flee into the back room of the store, and you can leg it out safely.

2. If there's a second cash register to the one that's just been emptied, shooting it (once) causes extra money to fall out.

• fw3, Neal Fargo and Scary Éire like this

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Best way to rob stores is by not shooting the clerk, walking out of the door backwards, and with helicopter getaway. Shooting the second register open is a waste of bullets.

Typical take is just over 1k now - not much more, but sometimes less.

Back before they decided to "nerf" the payouts (whenever that was) robbery would on average net me well over 2k, and if I remember right you could get as much as 3,800+. I'd do as many as 6-7 stores as a source of fun. Its also how I made most of my money up to like level 25. Then R* gave me $500,000 because everyone else was having cloud issues, so I bought my first apartment and its been smoother sails since.

• fw3 likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 01 April 2014 - 09:59 PM.

the infernus is the best car for hold-up speed runs. you can park it close to the door so cops cant get in but the door will still let you out and then because its gull wing you can get still get in without having to go to the passenger side.

anyone have more hold-ups than me? just curious.

and you always shoot the second register for the extra 80 bucks, it makes the clerk go faster and wtf else do you have to do while you wait for him to fill up the bag... maybe down a sprunk if you need health but other than that, 80 buck is 80 bucks.

• fw3 likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Gangsta

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

I don't understand why y'all don't just shoot the clerk?
3 stars/2 stars who gives a f*ck? Only difference is the chopper and that's not hard to lose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users