Photo

MCV: Strauss Zelnick talks about GTAV

89 replies to this topic
vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Member Title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:26 AM Edited by hawkstalker, 14 August 2014 - 02:27 AM.

Rockstar and Take Two probably have the least amount of greed in the industry

Yeah right. All that sh*t they pulled pre-release that we fell for that got nearly everybody super hyped for the game. The info drought, the delay, the way they described all of the content, the long periods between trailers.

That makes them sound more like liars then greedy. Greed would be like not getting online heists which alot of people bought the game for, finally releasing them, and giving you nothing more than a 10% discount on a shark card. 

Can't figure out how to delete this...

V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Fact is, this is all marketing. They HAVE to hype it up in order to sell the product. EVERY company has different ways of doing this. From video game publishers to music record labels right through to technology and car companies. And we, the consumer listen to all of this and it converts our thinking into thinking "I need this product".

There is SOME truth to the article. I think that if R* wanted to, they could have just released an upscaled version of the current version of the game for the new consoles/pc, but they are willing to spend that extra time and more money by making an improved version. Surely thats got to be worth some credit, right?

• InTheShadowsSince04, Wylight and utack like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

Greed would be like not getting online heists which alot of people bought the game for, finally releasing them, and giving you nothing more than a 10% discount on a shark card. 

No, that would be lying. And fraud.

Greed would be like, well, here's the definition: 

greed
/griːd/
noun
noun: greed
intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

Now, It won't be wrong to expect more than just the same game.
Given this game has more to offer than graphics upgrade.
I hope, Mr. Zelnick was trying to say that the release won't be another feature less game that has awesome graphics and has got nothing new and more content to offer!!!

daltontigerboy
  • daltontigerboy

Cousin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:30 AM Edited by daltontigerboy, 14 August 2014 - 08:32 AM.

I'm saying that if there's still not a shred of news by September 17th, you guys can stop holding your breath, because the game's not coming this year.

Quote me on that.
  • .Michael De Santa., Cutter De Blanc, vengeancehawk and 5 others like this

iLLViLLain
  • iLLViLLain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

I'm still waiting for a solid reason to repurchase this game. If the only thing being improved are the visuals then I'll just stick with the PS3 version I own. If they announce that all of the cut content from the beta version is back in the PS4/XBOXONE/PC version then I'll kindly fork some money their way.

• mariasalvatore likes this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Yeah totally 6.9 billion people have consoles or gaming pc`s it`s not like 5 billion of them are starving to death or anything.

Yeah, like ending with world hunger and poverty. If not, I doubt their sales market will ever be greater than 800 million people.

Obviously, Zelnick has a plan for solving world hunger involving GTA V.

What a f-ing asshat, guess we should be airdropping PS4's and copies of V to people dying of ebola in Africa.

Yay, a starving black kid in Africa, civilian in Donetsk, worker in Pjongjang, jobless mother with two kids and two jobs are people who are gonna be addressed with a videogame.
Not alright at all.

So how much money a month/week do you guys donate to charities that support these said people, do you go out of your way to try and inform people of these things, do you support active teams that try and change the way and send support aid to countries and areas affected by these things?

Nope, you're a bunch of keyboard warrior pricks who just want a reason to hate on someone, don't be a damn hypocrite, it was obviously said in jest and the fact that you guys didn't pick up on that says a lot about your people skills, if you did take actual offense to those comments and your heart is now bleeding, please, show your support to charities, give money, try and make a difference instead of spouting comments from a computer in an attempt to look down on someone and be all superior "OMG he thinks the world will want his game, asshole, doesn't he know about world problems", you sound like a bunch of teenage girls on tumblr.

You do know what sarcasm is right?

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Grove4Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

Us fans would have appreciated it more had he revealed the release date, rather than sh*tty big talk.
  • ARC8_1982 and mariasalvatore like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

I understand he's trying to hype up the game like every other company but it simply isn't working. Show us what will exceed our expectations as opposed to just talking sh*t. Then we'll be hyped.
  • ARC8_1982 likes this

utack
  • utack

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

I understand he's trying to hype up the game like every other company but it simply isn't working. Show us what will exceed our expectations as opposed to just talking sh*t. Then we'll be hyped.

Well they have to have something.

A ton of last gen buyers saying "not paying full price for the same game again".

I think they have something, lets say, unexpected in the new version.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

I can tell you right now; it's working.

I'll give you an example:

When Microsoft announced their Tomb Raider exclusivity at Gamescom, people thought it was permanent. Even though it was worded in a way that clearly meant it was not, and Microsoft wouldn't say it was permanent.

People still believed it was. Those people don't think.

So, now you have Zelnick, who just probably made it to the front page of every major gaming site. He starts saying words like "Blown away" and stuff, and people get that in the back of their heads.

It's now there, and it won't go away.

Of course, this won't work on everyone, but he has done his job, and he's done it well.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

I'm saying that if there's still not a shred of news by September 17th, you guys can stop holding your breath, because the game's not coming this year.

Quote me on that.

If they do that, I'll be the first one to pirate and seed the game on PC for others. They just can't afford doing it. Even the die hard fans are starting to get tired. All this time, Rockstar's been throwing promises and none of them has concluded yet, all we have is GTA O updates with cars, guns and clothes and no word on heists, TRUE dlcs, the new release or anything else. Really, Im starting to get tired of this run.

• Luismy_MMD and mariasalvatore like this

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

With all this "boo! Zelnick speaks BS *insert baby crying here* ". At least he said something. I mean he could have just said nothing or "keep an on the newswire", instead he said that the new version will be more than just better graphics. I`m happy to know that it won`t be just GTA5 with improved graphics, but we will get more content even if I don`t know what it is.

GTA5 on old consoles was great. Yeah graphics were like on low and 720p, and some content was cut, but the game is fun. Better than GTA4 in my opinion. And the driving? I don`t care what people say, I did not like GTA4 driving one bit, while I really like the way the cars handle in GTA5.

And to be completely honest, GTA5 on PC will blow me away with just good optimization with great nVidia card support and an excellent anti-cheat system for Online. Anything beyond that will be just an extra which will make me even more happy.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by Xerukal, 14 August 2014 - 03:43 PM.

Quote me on that.

Placing these artificial constraints and time windows using your own logic alone is pointless. 

Rockstar simply doesn't operate like that. It's unfortunate, because we can't predict them at times, but they don't. You can't just say "Unless we get something until said date, the game is not coming out this year". You just can't. Because Rockstar doesn't abide by that logic of time windows/constraints. Especially not with a remastered game that they are literally SITTING on (PC has been finished for a while now, PS4 version is most likely finished, Xbox One might be causing trouble, who knows). 

It's not a new game that they're trying to polish up before a deadline or anything, they're literally sitting on this thing. So unless one of the platforms has glaring issues that cannot be fixed within a few months, the game IS being released this year. It doesn't matter how much info they release, or how much they don't release, as long as the game itself is finished and as along as Rockstar NYC's drunken whims align properly with the f*cking stars, the game is releasing this year.

Silence means absolutely nothing. The wait for the PC announcement has taught me that much. Up until E3, it was nothing but deafening silence, and then out of nowhere, instant PC/NG hype at a f*cking moment's notice! It's insane and it's out of nowhere, but it works apparently.

I don't want this to come across as aggressive or Rockstar fanboy-ish, i'm just saying that you literally cannot predict these people. I wish we could, but past efforts have proven that we can't.

• InTheShadowsSince04, BlackScout and tomsk222 like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

With all this "boo! Zelnick speaks BS *insert baby crying here* ". At least he said something. I mean he could have just said nothing or "keep an on the newswire", instead he said that the new version will be more than just better graphics. I`m happy to know that it won`t be just GTA5 with improved graphics, but we will get more content even if I don`t know what it is.

GTA5 on old consoles was great. Yeah graphics were like on low and 720p, and some content was cut, but the game is fun. Better than GTA4 in my opinion. And the driving? I don`t care what people say, I did not like GTA4 driving one bit, while I really like the way the cars handle in GTA5.

And to be completely honest, GTA5 on PC will blow me away with just good optimization with great nVidia card support and an excellent anti-cheat system for Online. Anything beyond that will be just an extra which will make me even more happy.

What he said didn't do sh*t for me. I'da been fine with him saying that we should keep an eye on the newswire.
  • tomsk222 likes this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Grove4Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Quote me on that.

I personally think that it's going to come out on Sep 17, exactly one year after LG. Would be cool if that happened.
  • ViceCityStalker likes this

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

straus talking like he wanna sell me a car not the game :lol:

• InTheShadowsSince04 likes this

SKOGS-SKUMMISEN
  • SKOGS-SKUMMISEN

Rat

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

According to a swedish game magazine they have been personally e-mail rockstar which later replied, "Our new and improved version will contain some exciting new features we can't reveal yet but keep an eye out for later announcements". The article has been down for awhile now i dont know why so i cant post a direct link to it SORRY :cry: 

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

I wonder if R* is also considering the people who may be buying a PS4/XB 1 simply because they found out that GTA V was coming to the consoles? If they are considering that, then I would like to assume that they'll "reward" those consumers with exclusive features and what not. Got to have a better selling point than just enhanced graphics and more details. The same car getting a different paintjob gets old after a while. I definitely look forward to GTA V on next gen but I don't anticipate much outside of the polished graphics. 

• Spaghetti Cat likes this

tomsk222
  • tomsk222

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

According to a swedish game magazine they have been personally e-mail rockstar which later replied, "Our new and improved version will contain some exciting new features we can't reveal yet but keep an eye out for later announcements". The article has been down for awhile now i dont know why so i cant post a direct link to it SORRY :cry: 

Gamescom was quite a good time to announce the new features; too bad Rockstar missed the opportunity to increase hype and potential sales

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:14 AM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 15 August 2014 - 02:15 AM.

Quote me on that.

I think people are over reacting too soon by talking about delays. Either if R* follows patterns or not we're not so far from what happened last time.

GTA IV PC was revealed with a release date in August 6th of 2008 with a release to 18th and 21st of November in America and Europe respectively. This time we already know the game it's coming, so announcing it in August follows in the same scheme as before with a release for November. And don't forget GTA IV was delayed for a month and came out in December. I guess this time they want to be sure before they give an actual release date.

So till the end of this month we should get the release date, if R* misses the Christmas release window, now only they'll mess up with T2 financial predictions but also the sales of consoles and hardware of their partners. So there is no margin for mistake and if they fail it, there will be bad consequences to everyone.

• Xerukal likes this

creed200569
  • creed200569

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

U know what blows me away? Stuff like cluckin bell n the game Qub'd m.air.hockey were all available im GTA 4 but we cant use them.in 5 when they r just there for looks or interiors that we can enter on missions like the jewelry store but not in free roam or MP...wtf rockstar?

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

Not one mention of PC version...

• ARC8_1982 likes this

Snorlax
  • Snorlax

Street Cat

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by Snorlax, 15 August 2014 - 06:58 PM.

I think people are over reacting too soon by talking about delays. Either if R* follows patterns or not we're not so far from what happened last time.

GTA IV PC was revealed with a release date in August 6th of 2008 with a release to 18th and 21st of November in America and Europe respectively. This time we already know the game it's coming, so announcing it in August follows in the same scheme as before with a release for November. And don't forget GTA IV was delayed for a month and came out in December. I guess this time they want to be sure before they give an actual release date.

i'm not trying to sht on you or anything, but i'm not sure why you keep posting this in every thread, like it's greatly insightful or something.

all you're doing is making assumptions based on past events and releases. gta iv is from a different generation, it's a different game, from a different rockstar.

why must you always assume things will happen according to a certain pattern simply because of a previous game? rockstar has already demonstrated that they are no follower of trends or patterns. each game is treated as an individual project, neither their completion nor release are scehduled to follow dates that their previous games had.

trying to determine a release date is uterly futile with rockstar, especially when you're using their past releases as reference points. they don't follow patterns, if they did, we'd have two sp DLC's and a PC version by now.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

What I know for sure is that it won't be delayed. It wouldn't even make sense. "But it's Rockstar!!!1!!!" No.

• Xerukal likes this

Jenia
  • Jenia

Chuck Norris was here you know...

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

I'm not expecting too much. I think we've learned a lesson when we hyped up the first release.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:11 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 15 August 2014 - 08:12 PM.

They wheel this guy out every few months or so to tell people to stay interested. He didn't really say anything new. "Game is going to be great. Everyone on earth should play it." Got it. ;)

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:07 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 15 August 2014 - 11:09 PM.

i'm not trying to sht on you or anything, but i'm not sure why you keep posting this in every thread, like it's greatly insightful or something.

all you're doing is making assumptions based on past events and releases. gta iv is from a different generation, it's a different game, from a different rockstar.

why must you always assume things will happen according to a certain pattern simply because of a previous game? rockstar has already demonstrated that they are no follower of trends or patterns. each game is treated as an individual project, neither their completion nor release are scheduled to follow dates that their previous games had.

trying to determine a release date is uterly futile with rockstar, especially when you're using their past releases as reference points. they don't follow patterns, if they did, we'd have two sp DLC's and a PC version by now.

Sure you're not. But Ok, I'll explain it to you like if you're 5 and eating boogers while reading this thread.

As I said I'm aware that I posted this more then one time, in fact I did it in 3 different threads,and I know that not everyone reads every thread. Although all of them had one thing in common, the "delay ghost", the negativity about being too late for the game to be released in the next months meaning a delay.

What I wanted to remember with this for those who didn't know or forgot was that this situation is very similar to what happened before, it's not like this never happened and it's not too late yet. Obviously things won't be the same and doesn't mean it will happen the same way (although very likely will) but it's a fact that everything is in the right track and theres no need to get alarmed.

Understood or do I need to draw a picture?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

if i was rockstar, i would be releasing more trailers, and maybe a gameplay demo of gta 5 next gen.  it is just stupid that they arent doing that.  the only logical answer is that it is not going to be what people expect.  thats why they wont release another trailer.

I find this quite funny. They've never done that in the past, there's just no way they're going to start doing it now. Everyone knows the core of the game at this point. 

daltontigerboy
  • daltontigerboy

Cousin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Quote me on that.

I personally think that it's going to come out on Sep 17, exactly one year after LG. Would be cool if that happened.

Not a chance dude. That's only 1 month away and we haven't heard a thing about it since announcement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users