Photo

MCV: Strauss Zelnick talks about GTAV

89 replies to this topic
Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Yay, a starving black kid in Africa, civilian in Donetsk, worker in Pjongjang, jobless mother with two kids and two jobs are people who are gonna be addressed with a videogame.
Not alright at all.

But in terms of GTA, yay, nightclubs confirmed!
  • ViceCityStalker, BLOOD-MOND, ARC8_1982 and 1 other like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Yeah totally 6.9 billion people have consoles or gaming pc`s it`s not like 5 billion of them are starving to death or anything.

Yeah, like ending with world hunger and poverty. If not, I doubt their sales market will ever be greater than 800 million people.

Obviously, Zelnick has a plan for solving world hunger involving GTA V.

What a f-ing asshat, guess we should be airdropping PS4's and copies of V to people dying of ebola in Africa.

Yay, a starving black kid in Africa, civilian in Donetsk, worker in Pjongjang, jobless mother with two kids and two jobs are people who are gonna be addressed with a videogame.
Not alright at all.

So how much money a month/week do you guys donate to charities that support these said people, do you go out of your way to try and inform people of these things, do you support active teams that try and change the way and send support aid to countries and areas affected by these things?

Nope, you're a bunch of keyboard warrior pricks who just want a reason to hate on someone, don't be a damn hypocrite, it was obviously said in jest and the fact that you guys didn't pick up on that says a lot about your people skills, if you did take actual offense to those comments and your heart is now bleeding, please, show your support to charities, give money, try and make a difference instead of spouting comments from a computer in an attempt to look down on someone and be all superior "OMG he thinks the world will want his game, asshole, doesn't he know about world problems", you sound like a bunch of teenage girls on tumblr.
  • Spider-Vice, Officer Ronson, Staten and 15 others like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

First world problems.

• Ash_735, Raiden雷電, BLOOD-MOND and 1 other like this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

Oh gee thanks ash you really showed me up   :rol:

My comment had to do with the silly comment he made.  Not that the game will be improved by x, y, or z; but that the WHOLE WORLD should buy his product.  V's a fine game, but it's not the greatest ever.  It was an offhanded comment that has no bearing to what R* is actually doing with a next gen release.  We've all heard this before the original release, all hype.  I'm just calling him out.  

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Oh gee thanks ash you really showed me up   :rol:

My comment had to do with the silly comment he made.  Not that the game will be improved by x, y, or z; but that the WHOLE WORLD should buy his product.  V's a fine game, but it's not the greatest ever.  It was an offhanded comment that has no bearing to what R* is actually doing with a next gen release.  We've all heard this before the original release, all hype.  I'm just calling him out.

How is it an off handed comment that has nothing to do with the game? GTAV Sold over 35 MILLION Copies, so it's like, why re-release the game, who else is there to sell it to gaming wise? So a joke response is "Well, there's the rest of the world" and moved on, nothing more, nothing less.
  • Officer Ronson, Andreas, Geralt of Rivia and 1 other like this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

Strauss! Don't get me too hyped! :panic:

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Yeah totally 6.9 billion people have consoles or gaming pc`s it`s not like 5 billion of them are starving to death or anything.

Yeah, like ending with world hunger and poverty. If not, I doubt their sales market will ever be greater than 800 million people.

Obviously, Zelnick has a plan for solving world hunger involving GTA V.

What a f-ing asshat, guess we should be airdropping PS4's and copies of V to people dying of ebola in Africa.

Not alright at all.

So how much money a month/week do you guys donate to charities that support these said people, do you go out of your way to try and inform people of these things, do you support active teams that try and change the way and send support aid to countries and areas affected by these things?

Nope, you're a bunch of keyboard warrior pricks who just want a reason to hate on someone, don't be a damn hypocrite, it was obviously said in jest and the fact that you guys didn't pick up on that says a lot about your people skills, if you did take actual offense to those comments and your heart is now bleeding, please, show your support to charities, give money, try and make a difference instead of spouting comments from a computer in an attempt to look down on someone and be all superior "OMG he thinks the world will want his game, asshole, doesn't he know about world problems", you sound like a bunch of teenage girls on tumblr.

Donating blood on Red Cross, charity work at local retirement home, donations for tsunami victims.
Organ donor pass canceled after Göttingen transplants scandal.

Back at you, pal.
How much did you do?
  • ViceCityStalker likes this

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

So wait a minute, this game is going to be bigger than life itself, right? Cause that's what I'm getting from reading this.

The guy must have been drunk on the bloody whiskey! He must have been partying and getting drunk on whiskey with Dan Houser when he said that.

• victm92 and Johnny Sins like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

I do believe that Rockstar may have a lot of good stuff for everyone, but hey Zelnick, if you want to blow us away, make your mismanaged company move their asses.

• victm92, CartmanKusanagi, Andreas and 2 others like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Back at you, pal.
How much did you do?

I donate to many animal charities and foundations, as well as local vets, f*ck humans.

Plus, note here, I'm not bitching on a forum about "OH WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE WORLD ISSUES??" over a joke response ;)
  • Alvarez likes this

GTA_REEFER
  • GTA_REEFER

Eye in the sky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:30 PM Edited by GTA_REEFER, 13 August 2014 - 08:32 PM.

Well if that isn't blowing smoke up someone's ass, I don't know what is.
  • Snorlax likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

A year and a half ago, he said the original version was going to blow everyone away.  

• Luddite, Rodger Cheeto, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

he is bullcrap talker f*ck that :die: zelnick

• theGTAking101 likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

So many people are taking him seriously lol.

• Ash_735 likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by Sting4S, 13 August 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Okay, if its gonna' exceed my expectations then it better have:

- purchasable safehouses in SP and not in sh*tty areas. Put in the Vespucci Canals, Chumash, Richman Hills, Paleto, and Vinewood.
- add more interiors period. Like restaurants again, and maybe even a mall.
- add an option for IV-esque driving.
- 1st person view for driving.
- bring back some of IV's cars
- make the cops more fun and less tedious/annoying.

Yeah f*cking right, Zelnick, just keep your f*cking mouth shut.
  • kingcs, Rodger Cheeto, theGTAking101 and 5 others like this

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

The same was said about the x360 and ps3 version, it didn't blow me away at all. Big POS

creed200569
  • creed200569

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

He needs.to stop talking n start.showing us n telling us whats in the next gen version cuz if.he wants to exceed our.expectations that all the sh*t that was cut in the last gen versions should be put in, a.sh*tload more interiors,deeper customization for players n vehicles including vinyls,many more safehouses n more activites n not just for single players. Whatever u have in online that can b used in SP should go to SP,not everyone plays online

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

Jesus, do you writte letters to your mom with that grammar?

• S1LV3R_W0LF and Scaglietti like this

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

Lmao. People thinks he's serious about the 6 billion people comment? If you didn't see the tongue in cheek in his comments, you're a lost cause.

Having said that. Talk is cheap. Show and Prove Strauss, Show and Prove.
  • Rodger Cheeto and creed200569 like this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

Well I hope the promise of blowing us, was serious... and that they look prettier then the models at V Stripclub.  :pp 

Anyway next Tuesday is the 69th day since the CG announcement, so we should get some news... Rockstar and T2 are naughty. :lol:

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

Um... what the f*ck is this guy on? I want some

• Snorlax likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

Strauss talked, everybody's giving him sh*t. That's all you need to know in a nutshell.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

Come on, guys. He's just excited to make some more money. It's adorable. Leave 'em be. You can just smell the confidence. 

If anything, this statement just further cements the fact that there is no way on this Earth that Rockstar is letting V slip into 2015. It'd break poor Strauss' heart.

Then again, the Housers are the type of people that would enjoy pulling sh*t like that just to make their publisher cry.

Sick f*ckers.

• stjimmy3 likes this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

Honestly, i doubt we will get anything beyond what we already got. Gta v on ps4 and xbox one will just be the same game with some better graphics and new animals.

Zelnickmeslow is just hyping us up and i wont fall for it again.

Just give us screens, give us a new trailer, give us some information about the new features. But dont talk out of your ass about a game that doesnt even have a release date.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

How DARE a CEO of a company talk highly of products developed under his companies management! f*ck HIM! :p
  • Spider-Vice, kj2022 and OneManCrimeWave like this

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Vic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

Seems kinda cocky to me. I do want a GTA on next gen when I decide to upgrade, but I'd rather have a new full fledged game instead of a prettier version of an already pretty game.

• Dlee13 likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

Seems kinda cocky to me. I do want a GTA on next gen when I decide to upgrade, but I'd rather have a new full fledged game instead of a prettier version of an already pretty game.

Then blame Rockstar here, honestly, time and time again all this sh*t and hate Strauss gets, he literally sits back and lets 2K and Rockstar do what they want. You couldn't ask for a more easy going CEO not f*cking things up. Of COURSE he's going to speak highly of ANYTHING his companies do, he's not going to be all like "Actually, it's a bit sh*t, I don't know what the f*ck Rockstar are doing these days, but they make money".

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Vic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by hawkstalker, 14 August 2014 - 01:44 AM.

Then blame Rockstar here, honestly, time and time again all this sh*t and hate Strauss gets, he literally sits back and lets 2K and Rockstar do what they want. You couldn't ask for a more easy going CEO not f*cking things up. Of COURSE he's going to speak highly of ANYTHING his companies do, he's not going to be all like "Actually, it's a bit sh*t, I don't know what the f*ck Rockstar are doing these days, but they make money".

I ain't giving either of them sh*t. Rockstar and Take Two probably have the least amount of greed in the industry, you know, other than shark cards. But I ain't forgetting all the free stuff we get that everyone hates on. I mean, with all the DLCs, EA or Activision would of charged you about $10 or more by now

• victm92 likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

Rockstar and Take Two probably have the least amount of greed in the industry

Yeah right. All that sh*t they pulled pre-release that we fell for that got nearly everybody super hyped for the game. The info drought, the delay, the way they described all of the content, the long periods between trailers.

• theGTAking101 likes this

tomsk222
  • tomsk222

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by tomsk222, 14 August 2014 - 02:14 AM.

This isn't supposed to be a new GTA game, it's GTA5 for people on PC and next-gen consoles who prefer not to play on the older consoles due to low frame-rates and resolution. You'll have to wait years for a brand new GTA game..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users