Photo

MCV: Strauss Zelnick talks about GTAV

89 replies to this topic
realtom
  • realtom

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:25 PM Edited by realtom, 13 August 2014 - 04:11 PM.

Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick has promised that the next-gen version of Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V will exceed expectations. “Nothing but the very best will satisfy Rockstar,” he said.

Speaking to MCV at gamescom 2014, Zelnick showed his optimism for the upcoming release, stating:

"They (Rockstar Games) want to blow consumers away. Whatever the expectation is, they want to exceed it. When you see GTA 5 on next-gen, I want you to tell me whether it is or isn’t better than your expectation. I can guarantee it will be better."

"One way to look at it is that 34m copies have been sold, but there’s 7bn people on Earth. So we have over 6.9bn people left to address. It’s a massive market and an amazing title. GTA is the standard bearer in the industry. How can you buy a next-gen console and not want to play GTA on it?"

ikaMVfV8d8tIc.png

[Source: MCV]

• AndrewDeSanta, TrustedInstaller, Lowi and 1 other like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

Fishing, bike riding, going to a farmer's market. Everything a gamer and his father should enjoy doing together.

• Peck R. Wood, esato and SuperHolySheep like this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

I would be amazed if they gave a release date already... and that comment about the 6 billion people left, he was high wasn't he?

Less talk more action, we don't need words we need facts, screens, footage, enough with the chitchat crap.
  • .Michael De Santa., Lelouch vi Britannia, Apex Predator and 10 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Realistic dwarf fisting and shark breeding CONFIRMED. 

• GTAfear likes this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

Yeah totally 6.9 billion people have consoles or gaming pc`s it`s not like 5 billion of them are starving to death or anything.

• GTAfear, Nicolas Chiribelo, Mr_Leone and 10 others like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by Andreas, 13 August 2014 - 03:57 PM.

I am curious what V on next-gen will offer that makes it so much more special than the existing versions. Sounds like there will be more than many (including myself) expect, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • TrustedInstaller, Xerukal and mariasalvatore like this

tomsk222
  • tomsk222

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

One way Rockstar can blow consumers away is actually releasing new footage and information instead of complete silence.

• FATMANYOU2, Ferocious Banger, theGTAking101 and 8 others like this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 13 August 2014 - 04:01 PM.

I am curious what V on next-gen will offer that makes it so much more special than the existing versions. Sounds like there will be more than many (including myself) expect, though I'm not getting my hopes up.

I've been saying it for long time, it's not only the graphics the game content will be a proper "Next Gen" title, the visuals are only a small part, this time it's not a port it's an independent version that uses the same story line and similar assets but the game itself is a proper "Next Gen" title, they released the LG first because if people knew about this they wouldn't waste their money twice.

And honestly I believe we will have horses and bears...

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Great news! I want to breed my dogs :)

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Summertime is the best time

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

I can't wait for people to use this statement against R* after the game releases.

• Death2Drugs, Cutter De Blanc, OneManCrimeWave and 5 others like this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Homie

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

Fake n gay.

This is a hoax spread by Activision to hype GTA V up to be a big disappointment afterwards and hoping for bigger sales of their new COD game as result. In fact, that's something them and Electronic Arts would tell, those sneaky little bastards!

Just kidding lol, but I'm not going to jump on the hype train for sure.

• Ivars likes this

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

Be good, work hard, stay focused!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick has promised that the next-gen version of Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V will exceed expectations. “Nothing but the very best will satisfy Rockstar,” he said.

Speaking to MCV at gamescom 2014, Zelnick showed his optimism for the upcoming release, stating:

"They (Rockstar Games) want to blow consumers away. Whatever the expectation is, they want to exceed it. When you see GTA 5 on next-gen, I want you to tell me whether it is or isn’t better than your expectation. I can guarantee it will be better."

"One way to look at it is that 34m copies have been sold, but there’s 7bn people on Earth. So we have over 6.9bn people left to address. It’s a massive market and an amazing title. GTA is the standard bearer in the industry. How can you buy a next-gen console and not want to play GTA on it?"

So they want to make all the people in the world play GTA? They must have a mind blowing project in coming :)

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

I don't want to believe this. I already feel that the very little I expect from Next gen version is already setting me up for disappointment.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

So they want to make all the people in the world play GTA? They must have a mind blowing project in coming :)

Yeah, like ending with world hunger and poverty. If not, I doubt their sales market will ever be greater than 800 million people.

• DIEXEL likes this

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Obviously, Zelnick has a plan for solving world hunger involving GTA V.

• Lelouch vi Britannia, DIEXEL, Ermacs and 6 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 13 August 2014 - 04:17 PM.

I am curious what V on next-gen will offer that makes it so much more special than the existing versions. Sounds like there will be more than many (including myself) expect, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

There's nothing I want more than the haters to be silenced, and those that aren't expecting much to get more than they hoped for. 

But let's be honest here, there really is no pleasing some people. 

• FATMANYOU2, ANAL_PLUNDERING, KingKock and 1 other like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

I really hope people don't go crazy after seeing this, of course it sounds as though they've got something "Big" planned but that doesn't exactly mean it's going to be.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 13 August 2014 - 04:37 PM.

It still the same game just with graphical and technical enhancements on par with FarCry 4 nothing more at this rate i am even planning on cancelling my pre-order...although i am still a GTA5 lover :) (but GTA or GTA5 is not what i care about right now at this moment).

Note:That man is kind of drunk btw :lol: (it sad,but now i see why many people hate GTA5 on this forum just because of this stupid articles that hype them up).
  • Fuzzknuckles, Lelouch vi Britannia, bish0p2004 and 1 other like this

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Give me a release date so i can preorder. Otherwise i'm putting my easy earned money elsewhere.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Bear in mind, this is pure marketing. While the New version may offer some new stuff, this guy has clearly been at the Colombian marching powder. The game won't be as radically improved as he's suggesting.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
  • Cutter De Blanc, BLOOD-MOND and utack like this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 13 August 2014 - 06:01 PM.

“Nothing but the very best will satisfy Rockstar,” 

Yeah that's what she said. They want to ''blow'' everyone away when the main release desappointed so many people, Im curious to see what shall they do to make this exceed EVERYONE'S expectations. 

Why do I have a feeling all this will be blown out of proportions again and when the game comes out everybody be like ''What is this sh*t? Where are the exceeded expectations Zelnik promised???!!!!'' 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Poor Strauss can't even make a small joke these days without GTA fans jumping on him like rabid moral dogs and calling him names because he isn't forcing Rockstar to put sh*t out.
  • OneManCrimeWave, BLOOD-MOND and Flight_School_12/08 like this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Poor Strauss can't even make a small joke these days without GTA fans jumping on him like rabid moral dogs and calling him names because he isn't forcing Rockstar to put sh*t out.

Yeah, not sure what's with people taking the "7 billion people" thing so literally.

• Staten, OneManCrimeWave, Rockstar Cake and 4 others like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Fishing, bike riding, going to a farmer's market. Everything a gamer and his father should enjoy doing together.

You got me extremely excited with your fishing comment, and made me think he mentioned that as a new thing you can do in the next gen version.

I am disappointed.

• Rockstar Cake likes this

ARC8_1982
  • ARC8_1982

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Delay incoming....

• BLOOD-MOND and Flight_School_12/08 like this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

if i was rockstar, i would be releasing more trailers, and maybe a gameplay demo of gta 5 next gen.  it is just stupid that they arent doing that.  the only logical answer is that it is not going to be what people expect.  thats why they wont release another trailer.

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

even a screenshot of the next gen game would be nice. 

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

if i was rockstar, i would be releasing more trailers, and maybe a gameplay demo of gta 5 next gen.  it is just stupid that they arent doing that.  the only logical answer is that it is not going to be what people expect.  thats why they wont release another trailer.

They don't need to release a new trailer, people know the game by now. If you want a trailer for GTA, go check the old ones. I for one just want a releasedate

• Fuzzknuckles and Snorlax like this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

As ancient astronaut theorists predicted.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

What a f-ing asshat, guess we should be airdropping PS4's and copies of V to people dying of ebola in Africa.   

So we should expect things like an improved storyline, more side missions, enterable buildings, working fast food joints, better physics, and all the other things missing from a 'proper' GTA in this coming re-release then?  No?  Just a douche hyping the train?  Perhaps TT should actually listen to their fans rather than blowing smoke up their nether regions.  I'm sure we'll see a new video of all the above features in a few weeks or so...

• ChrisMathers3501, victm92 and Mr Pickles like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Summertime is the best time

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

Perhaps TT should actually listen to their fans

Take Two has nothing to do with R*, other than publishing their games and maybe owning them (I don't remember).

But, to go along with your comment, R* did listen to their fans. That's why V is how V is.

• BisP, victm92, Heists and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users