Plus, he was a 'thug'!

Right?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:56 AM

The kid was suicidal. Stole 2 paltry items from a store and then waited around for the police to arrive and then approached them with a weapon and refused to drop it. Either it's suicide by cop or he had an iq of 12. You make the call.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

GTAF Football Team Captain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 21 August 2014 - 03:57 AM.

cops can just kill whoever and that's okay cause like they're cops and they never do any harm except when they kill unarmed teenagers and kids experiencing obvious depressive episodes so let's call all victims of police violence 'dumb' cause it makes us feel a bit better about never having to experience police violence first hand cause i mean like obviously everyone who finds themselves on the end of a police truncheon teargas or real live bullets deserve it especially if they're rowdy ni**ers

The both of you make me sick.

• Melchior, IveGotNoValues and Mr. House like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

cops can just kill whoever and that's okay cause like they're cops and they never do any harm except when they kill unarmed teenagers and kids experiencing obvious depressive episodes so let's call all victims of police violence 'dumb' cause it makes us feel a bit better about never having to experience police violence first hand cause i mean like obviously everyone who finds themselves on the end of a police truncheon teargas or real live bullets deserve it especially if they're rowdy ni**ers

The both of you make me sick.

I never experience police violence because I don't break the law.
  • Officer620 likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:59 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 21 August 2014 - 04:00 AM.

Should I post the 'Officer Go f*ck Yourself' video again, or?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:02 AM Edited by gtamann123, 21 August 2014 - 04:04 AM.

I don't get why youre so upset over that Powell video. I could have swore I heard the officer tell him multiple times to show his hands and to surrender peacefully and gave him opportunity to avoid defensive action. It isn't like he just drove past and shot him through his car window.

I'm now 100% certain this was suicide by cop. I didn't notice the "shoot me now" the first time I watched the video.

Alexander
  • Alexander

Infinity Yard

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

Although I agree with the comment that no one should die that way, Brown had it coming. I mean, he was a criminal, there are proofs, why do people keep saying that the officer killed him because he was black?
C'mon, people like Brown tend to die young, not really a surprise to me.
Btw, anyone in this forum lives in Ferguson?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

Although I agree with the comment that no one should die that way, Brown had it coming. I mean, he was a criminal, there are proofs, why do people keep saying that the officer killed him because he was black?
C'mon, people like Brown tend to die young, not really a surprise to me.
Btw, anyone in this forum lives in Ferguson?

There's a member who is from the St. Louis area. Not sure how far he is from Ferguson though.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:09 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 21 August 2014 - 04:11 AM.

I don't get why youre so upset over that Powell video. I could have swore I heard the officer tell him multiple times to show his hands and to surrender peacefully and gave him opportunity to avoid defensive action. It isn't like he just drove past and shot him through his car window.

I'm now 100% certain this was suicide by cop. I didn't notice the "shoot me now" the first time I watched the video.

Cops show up, and within 20 seconds, a kid that obviously just needs psychological help, is f*cking dead. How do you not get why that's upsetting? It's unsurprising, but still very much upsetting.

EDIT: and from what I've heard, this kid had a butter knife.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:13 AM Edited by gtamann123, 21 August 2014 - 04:17 AM.

Cops show up, and within 20 seconds, a kid that obviously just needs psychological help, is f*cking dead. How do you not get why that's upsetting? It's unsurprising, but still very much upsetting.
As far as the cop knows he could have been a schyzophrenic or could have some other violent tendancies (walking at a cop saying "shoot me now" certainly doesn't sounds very sane). He was holding a weapon as well indicating an intent to do harm. He obviously spoke English so he understood what the cop was saying. The officer was ordering him to and giving him an opportunity to surrender peacefully. Which he didnt.

I'm fairly neutral on this case and don't really give a sh*t I'm just merely stating the facts.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

First of all, schizophrenia, while stigmatized and subsequently misunderstood, does not necessarily make one violent, nor is it a death sentence.

Secondly, what makes you think this kid's actions were 'Indicating an intent to do harm'? Did he harm anyone, or was he just out to do harm to himself?

Third, I don't know if you know this, but sometimes it takes more than 20 seconds to reason with someone. There was no reason this kid had to die.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

Although I agree with the comment that no one should die that way, Brown had it coming. I mean, he was a criminal

Unrelated proof, yeah. 

I strong-armed a pencil from a kid in 4th grade. Doesn't mean I have to be shot 6 times. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

It was a steak knife.. but that's besides the point. A butter knife is just as capable of injury or death as any other knife.

He told the cops to shoot him, he walked in a fast pace towards the officers with the knife after provoking them, was given ample time to stop it and just surrender and he didn't. It cost him his life. But still, to go inside a store, steal two drinks, set it on the concrete and wait for cops just to provoke them with a knife is sheer stupidity.  You can think it's psychological all you want but you need to let the fact that some people just do stupid sh*t coincide with your thinking abilities.. because not everyone who gets arrested, wields a weapon or gets shot has a psychological problem.

My problem here is, why didn't any of the bystanders try and help the man? 'Dude, you may want to bail, don't be stupid' or f*cking something.. I certainly would have said something. Then the one dude just filming .. imagine that, because every situation around that area is like a f*cking circus act any more, then the other dude just standing there watching with a smile on his face. Real cool man, real cool. Enabled a guy to die or get arrested but in this case, die.

Bravo to the police though.. you did well, did what you were trained and that's another criminal off the streets that's capable of wielding knives towards people.

• Officer620 likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:33 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 21 August 2014 - 04:35 AM.

People who commit suicide by cop clearly have psychological problems...

People who commit suicide in f*cking general have psychological problems.

• Mr. House likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:37 AM Edited by gtamann123, 21 August 2014 - 04:40 AM.

First of all, schizophrenia, while stigmatized and subsequently misunderstood, does not necessarily make one violent, nor is it a death sentence.
Secondly, what makes you think this kid's actions were 'Indicating an intent to do harm'? Did he harm anyone, or was he just out to do harm to himself?
Third, I don't know if you know this, but sometimes it takes more than 20 seconds to reason with someone. There was no reason this kid had to die.

1) I was just saying that the cop didn't know he was just a depressed kid. He has to go off of first impressions and the information he can observe. All he saw was some kid holding a knife walking toward him yelling for the cop to shoot him. And refusing to surrender despite given opportunity to.

2) and wielding a weapon and refusing to drop it even while being ordered to doesn't show any intent to do harm? "oh no officer I just found this knife on the street I was just holding it until I can find the owmer" give me a break.

3) the kid didn't seem like he wanted to reason to me. Maybe if he dropped his weapon and and made it clear he wasn't going to do any harm then there would be an opportunity to do reason.

@GunWrath: It's pretty obvious that this was suicide by cop. Stealing two cheap ass sodas and instead of just giving them back or running for the hills when he got caught he just stood around waiting for the cops.

@SPND: well yeah no sh*t he has Psychological issues. But that doesn't mean the cops are automatically not allowed to use deadly force if they are being threatened.
  • GunWrath likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

Cop apologists are the worst.

• IveGotNoValues and Niobium like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:48 AM Edited by gtamann123, 21 August 2014 - 04:49 AM.

I could say the same thing about people who defend opportunitic Anarchists who use stuff like this as an excuse to riot, loot, destroy property, burn cars, torch houses and businesses, threaten lives etc.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:49 AM

Yeah, but you would have no idea what you're talking about.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:51 AM Edited by gtamann123, 21 August 2014 - 04:53 AM.

Yeah, but you would have no idea what you're talking about.

Yep tottaly. Some tragedy happens in a community so that gives people the open door to do whatever they f*ck want for whatever reason they want.

Further damaging the oppressed people in the process.

It makes me chuckle that you hate police for harming people. Yet you support people who do the same thing but with the badge and gun replaced with a black bandana and a molotov cocktail.
  • Toke, GTA_stu, Officer620 and 1 other like this

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

If you knew anything about police work and the associated social concerns, you would understand that reasoning with someone in a completely different mindset to yourself is very, very difficult - impossible in a lot of cases. Police officers may be left with no option but to stop the threat of immediate harm to themselves, the public and the offender them self. It is the role of the police officer to help psychologically damaged people who are in need of help, but in a lot of circumstances these people are not interested in seeking help at all. It is when they begin to threaten the lives of police officers and members of the public that police are required by law to intervene - that is their job. 

Although I will usually praise the officer's actions in situations like this, I do disagree in the number of shots fired to stop the threat and question the possible use of other appointments, such as tasers or OC spray. However, it is not up to me to decide that, as I am merely a viewer on the internet and it is not my place to comment on what the officers should or should not have done. That is up to the outcome of the investigations conducted on such incidents.

Assuming that you have never been in a position where you are confronted by a high intensity situation where you are dealing with a dangerous person; it becomes quite easy to sit down at home in front of your keyboard with a nice cup of hot chocolate and watch videos, read reports and tap away on forums expressing why the police are inevitably wrong.

Of course, you will never be in such a position because of your strong dislike for authority, law and order. People like you cannot be reasoned with either, and your appreciation for the work of law enforcement officers is rather questionable, seeing as ultimately they are the ones doing the dirty work to keep you and your anti-authority brothers and sisters safe from harm.

Cheers! 

• gtamann123 likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

Of course, you will never be in such a position because of your strong dislike for authority, law and order. People like you cannot be reasoned with either, and your appreciation for the work of law enforcement officers is rather questionable, seeing as ultimately they are the ones doing the dirty work to keep you and your anti-authority brothers and sisters safe from harm.

Cheers! 

That last bit isn't really true. Cops exist and people still get killed.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

Cheers! 

So the way to completely rid the world of homicide is to do away with all police?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:06 AM

Cheers! 

So the way to completely rid the world of homicide is to do away with all police?

I didn't say that, did I?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

Cheers! 

I didn't say that, did I?

Yeah I guess I was just reading into your post too much. My apologies, Carry on.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 21 August 2014 - 05:13 AM.

Just for fun:

"Here are some occupations with higher fatality rates than being a cop:

• Logging workers: 129.9
  • Fishers and related fishing workers: 120.8
  • Aircraft pilots and flight engineers: 54.3
  • Roofers: 42.2
  • Structural iron and steel workers: 37.0
  • Refuse and recyclable material collectors: 32.3
  • Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers: 24.3
  • Electrical power-line installers and repairers: 23.9
  • Farmers, ranchers and other agricultural managers: 22.8
  • Construction laborers: 17.8
  • Taxi drivers and chauffeurs: 16.2
  • Maintenance and repairs workers, general: 15.7"

Source.

• Niobium likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by gtamann123, 21 August 2014 - 05:18 AM.

Damn looks like I'm missing out on all of the fun and the global domination over everyone part. I started at the bottom of the barrel and it Seems to me like I'm pretty much still near the bottom of barrell these days and continue to get kicked in the nuts at every turn. Maybe I'm not really white and am just delusional that I am.....

Or maybe the being raised in near poverty and only recently getting out of it but still not being able to afford higher education so I had to enter the workforce directly part is my white privilege and I'm just not using it correctly.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

Damn looks like I'm missing out on all of the fun and the global domination over everyone part. I started at the bottom of the barrel and it Seems to me like I'm pretty much still near the bottom of barrell these days and continue to get kicked in the nuts at every turn. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who said he's content being bottom-of-the-barrel? 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:21 AM Edited by gtamann123, 21 August 2014 - 05:23 AM.

Damn looks like I'm missing out on all of the fun and the global domination over everyone part. I started at the bottom of the barrel and it Seems to me like I'm pretty much still near the bottom of barrell these days and continue to get kicked in the nuts at every turn. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who said he's content being bottom-of-the-barrel? 
Well yeah. I don't really care if im bottom the barrel or not. But it just kimd of offends me when people make the claims that its impossoble for white people to be anywhere near the bottom of the barrel. And the only people that possiblely can be are monorities.

It detracts from the real issue in society which is economic class struggle and replaces it with racial struggle. Which is easier for people to understand so it's the one they cling to the most.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

Came across this video. Guy threw molotov cocktails and wielded his crossbow at the police, yet he is still alive and kicking. I think it has more to do with the training and the mentality of individual police forces than anything else. In the case of the guy with the knife. Whilst perfectly within the bounds of the rules of engagment of the county police force, a less than lethal shot would seem more appropriate to me.

• Moonshield likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users