Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

There's a rumor that it's coming back but only as an Xbox One exclusive. f*ck!

Nah. That has all signs of a fake. Besides, Konami holds the rights, and they wouldn't touch it with a stick.

I suppose, there could still be a Kojima/Del Toro new IP horror game influenced by Silent Hill. But I can't imagine them going for an XBox exclusive either.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

The rumor says MS are going to buy the IP from Konami. Not just a single title. Who knows, though. We'll have to wait until E3/Gamescom to find out.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:06 PM Edited by Freakorama, 30 May 2015 - 12:06 PM.

I'd wish it'd go on a more powerful console or PC, but Silent Hills on Xbox is better than no Silent Hills.

KogerOnControls
  • KogerOnControls

Uneducated guess

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Such a f*cking shame that it's been cancelled. That P.T. is everything that's left.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

I'd wish it'd go on a more powerful console or PC, but Silent Hills on Xbox is better than no Silent Hills.

To me and a lot of other people Silent Hill on Xbox is basically like having no Silent Hill at all because no one i know will get an Xbox One just for Silent Hill.

Literally about 95% of all my friends who were previously Xbox players now have a PlayStation 4.

• Waldie likes this

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

Q93TOT0.gif

Silent Hills died for this.

• Tchuck and Onett like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

Fools, absolute fools...

A slow and painful death is if anything too nice for those responsible.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

M$ buying the Silent Hill(s)/PT IP isn't so unlikely.

If Konami intend to move away from AAA games to focus on other aspects of the business including mobile gaming and gambling, they may well be open to selling an IP they will basically no longer require. Especially as M$ would likely be willing to pay a lot for it, as at this point, Hills could be one of the most anticipated game launches in years, and would doubtless shift some consoles if it were exclusive.

And if Kojima goes to M$. it's not unreasonable to imagine that some years down the line, M$ might end up buying MGS too.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:42 AM

I want the best Silent Hill experience, or the next best thing, I'm using a PS4, what are my options? 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

I want the best Silent Hill experience, or the next best thing, I'm using a PS4, what are my options? 

I'm assuming you don't have PT [and you can't get it anymore, anyhow] try Resident Evil 7.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

I'm assuming you don't have PT [and you can't get it anymore, anyhow] try Resident Evil 7.

Don't have PT :( Didn't have PS4 when it was on the store. A friend recommended Resident Evil 7 actually, maybe i should look that up. I pretty much abandoned Resident Evil titles after 5 on PS3.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

Don't have PT :( Didn't have PS4 when it was on the store. A friend recommended Resident Evil 7 actually, maybe i should look that up. I pretty much abandoned Resident Evil titles after 5 on PS3.

Outlast and Layers of Fear. The Evil Within is more of action/survival-horror, but still a great game.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:30 PM Edited by BRITLAND, 02 February 2017 - 03:04 PM.

When I saw this thread bumped I thought there was some seriously good news, now I'm depressed for the rest of the day.

Thankfully I still have PT, it would be a dream come true if some publisher and developer gets the rights to this, it's just too awesome to be left in the gutter :(
  • Darth Absentis likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Sorry for the false hope haha, but yeah PT being cancelled if the biggest tragedy in gaming since i can remember in my view. I started playing games in the mid 90's so it's been a while.

• Darth Absentis and Ivan1997GTA like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

When I saw this thread bumped into thought there was some seriously good news, now I'm depressed for the rest of the day.

Thankfully I still have PT, it would be a dream come true if some publisher and developer gets the rights to this, it's just too awesome to be left in the gutter :(

It's dead and buried may as well make peace with it. Also the actual game was going to be nothing like the PT demo in essence so we don't really know how it would have turned out. PT was an incredibly concise, fast segment which you couldn't really stretch into a whole game.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

When I saw this thread bumped into thought there was some seriously good news, now I'm depressed for the rest of the day.

It's dead and buried may as well make peace with it. Also the actual game was going to be nothing like the PT demo in essence so we don't really know how it would have turned out. PT was an incredibly concise, fast segment which you couldn't really stretch into a whole game.

Hideo Kojima would have had a hand in it and he barely made any sh*tty games, let alone sh*tty games that do not look promising before release

I doubt it would not have been a great game

Sure it would be better then most survival horror/action/FPS sh*t we have been getting for years by now.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Hideo Kojima would have had a hand in it and he barely made any sh*tty games, let alone sh*tty games that do not look promising before release

I doubt it would not have been a great game

Sure it would be better then most survival horror/action/FPS sh*t we have been getting for years by now.

As an MGS fan I strongly disagree with that statement. MGS4 was a dumpster fire, so was PW. Super unpopular opinion here but I dislike MGS3 as well.

I don't disagree with you, though. I don't think Silent Hills would have been a bad game, at the very least it would have been an interesting title with some great production values but it wouldn't have been anything like PT. Even Kojima himself said the game won't really be like that.

It's partially why i'm cynical towards all those Allison Roads and PT knock offs, stretching something meant to be a detached teaser into a full game seems dumb.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:00 AM

Can not believe metal gear survival is gonna happen and this got just trashed...

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:22 AM Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick, 14 May 2017 - 03:22 AM.

Can not believe metal gear survival is gonna happen and this got just trashed...

Come on, you bumped this thread just to say that? I thought something exciting got announced.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

Too bad that this got cancelled. It would've been really scary judging from the screams of these players:

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

YouTube players making videos always overreact with this sh*t. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users