Silent Hills

145 replies to this topic
Official Destroyer
  • Official Destroyer

Crackhead

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Awesome. Love the Silent Hill games of the PS1 & PS2 era.

• Payne Killer likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

The Playable Teaser has a lot of sh*t going on.

If you just run through everything without looking at anything and then think the demo is finished after you die, then yeah, it might not be as good.

I think the woman doing the P.T. here has got it sorted out:

http://www.gamespot....h/1100-6421683/

xrCore
  • xrCore

i play games

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by xrCore, 16 August 2014 - 05:44 PM.

m5Z0I8U.png

Prepare for the best Silent Hill game to date. I hope I am not let down.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

I watched the PT on theradbrad guy on YT, f*cking scary as hell and damn good graphics. never played any silent hill games before but im intrigued. i thought i wouldnt be able to find any scary games after playing Outlast for a while, but this might just be as good.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:34 AM

one thing about Kojima games, voice-overs always sucked.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:20 AM

What makes this game so scary is not only the atmosphere, but the near - photo realistic graphics
  • Alex Wesker likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:49 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 17 August 2014 - 02:50 AM.

Reading around people are saying the outside areas should be in 3rd person while inside areas in 1st person. I think that would be pretty interesting and work out well. I don't think the teaser would have gotten the same reactions if it were in 3rd person.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

Watched the gameplay, and yes, it was scary as f*ck, probably because of the use of the sound and the atmosphere, and that graphic is awesome. It reminds me a lot of SH4 The Room (probably because the use of first person camera) which i loved so much.
I just hoped that the final game doesn't need to rely heavily on cheap jump scares.

I f*cking hate cheap jump scares, it is just a stupid lazy trick to make a game feels scary.

• visionist likes this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

Watched the gameplay, and yes, it was scary as f*ck, probably because of the use of the sound and the atmosphere, and that graphic is awesome. It reminds me a lot of SH4 The Room (probably because the use of first person camera) which i loved so much.
I just hoped that the final game doesn't need to rely heavily on cheap jump scares.

I f*cking hate cheap jump scares, it is just a stupid lazy trick to make a game feels scary.

It still gets the job done and scares you though.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

It still gets the job done and scares you though.

Yeah, but like i said, it's a lazy ass trick. Not a fan of that sh*t.
A few jump scares is fine, but to rely on them on every scary aspect of the game will ruin it for me.

• visionist likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

I watched the gameplay but it was not scary at all. Maybe it was the constant annoying commentary that ruined it.
  • visionist likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

I watched the gameplay but it was not scary at all. Maybe it was the constant annoying commentary that ruined it.

Stereotypical black man plays a game.

Yeah I think it's definitely the commentator.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Just finished download P.T and put it on. Babies in horror games is too much for me, turned it off as soon as I heard it :(
I'm not sure why, when I was younger I got really f*cking disturbed by The Suffering on this level where the was a baby crying the whole way through and you finally find the crib and shoot it and it stops crying. I think maybe it has something to do with it :/

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

execute me (haha giddit)

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

Kojima is in on this? His ego will be the death of this. RIP Silent Hill franchise.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by OysterBarron, 17 August 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Just finished download P.T and put it on. Babies in horror games is too much for me, turned it off as soon as I heard it :(
I'm not sure why, when I was younger I got really f*cking disturbed by The Suffering on this level where the was a baby crying the whole way through and you finally find the crib and shoot it and it stops crying. I think maybe it has something to do with it :/

Lol I've only seen a play through on YouTube and I wouldn't quite class what I saw as a "baby".

You thought the crying was disturbing.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:14 PM Edited by GunWrath, 17 August 2014 - 07:15 PM.

http://youtu.be/Dy8KNIrrBrg?t=14m34s

Yep, nope.. f*ck this game dude. I think I'll stick to Alien: Isolation though

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

http://youtu.be/Dy8KNIrrBrg?t=14m34s

Yep, nope.. f*ck this game dude. I think I'll stick to Alien: Isolation though

X9rk9ha.gif

Seems good to me!

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Jesus f*cking Christ. What is that?

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

Jesus f*cking Christ. What is that?

housekeeping.

• visionist likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Fluff your pillow?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

This is the first Silent Hill game I've been excited about since the PS2 days, i watched part 1 and 2 of IGN's gameplay walkthrough and it's intriguing, i kinda miss the extremely dirty/rusty/other dimension dark environment the older games have though, this new game seems quite clean and tame in comparison when it comes to the decor of the house in the demo.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:46 AM

Lol I've only seen a play through on YouTube and I wouldn't quite class what I saw as a "baby".

You thought the crying was disturbing.
I put it back on later and finished it, I wish I hadn't though.
Just a question, I haven't really played any silent hill games. Are there weapons and stuff? Or is it like an Outlast kind of adventure...

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

There are lots of different weapons in the series. Melee weapons like planks, golf clubs, pipes etc, and even silly stuff like a handbag in 4 for example (Some weapons can break easily, like wine bottles). Then there are quite a few guns like the pistol, revolver, shotgun and a few others, but bullets can be pretty rare though.
  • Wayne Daniels likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:52 AM Edited by gta_aus, 18 August 2014 - 05:52 AM.

Cool! So there are other threats than ghosts I'm guessing that can be harmed.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

Well all the enemies in the series are monsters, ghosts etc. Some can be harmless but are still quite scary, like...

313px-Twins01.jpg

(I say harmless because they will only attack if you get too close. If you keep your distance these bastards will just stand there pointing at you)

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

What are people's theories on this game? Will it be totally unrelated to the final game or does it hold some deeper meaning??

If you pay attention to the dialogue and stuff in the game it appears that some dude went crazy after being possesed (or believing he was possessed) by a demon and killed his family. You may have noticed that the ghost is missing her right eye and has blood coming from her stomach.. one of the first puzzles has you gouge out the right eye of a woman in a photograph and a later one contains an audio clip of a violent altercation between a man and a woman in the bathroom. If you return to the bathroom later the thing that looks like a fetus in the sink will tell you a story of a heavy drinker who's wife was having and apparent (or suspected) relationship with her boss. My guess is that in his madness the man attacked his wife due to this suspected affair and gouged out her eye before chasing her into the bathroom and cutting the bastard fetus out of her stomach and leaving her to die, the ghost being that of the murdered wife.

Also does anybody else think that "Lisa" mentioned on the wall could be Lisa Garland who first appears in SH1 (chronologically appearing first in Origins)?? The old style of the house and the attire of those in the pictures seems consistent with an 1960s or 70s setting when she would have been a young girl. If this is the case then this would make the story detailed in the demo sort of a prequal to every other game in the series thus far.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

This is the first Silent Hill game I've been excited about since the PS2 days, i watched part 1 and 2 of IGN's gameplay walkthrough and it's intriguing, i kinda miss the extremely dirty/rusty/other dimension dark environment the older games have though, this new game seems quite clean and tame in comparison when it comes to the decor of the house in the demo.

There's no indication that the classic fog, rain and rust aren't also in the game. The air raid siren, stuff like that; none of those are part of this demo but surely the final game is gonna be more than just you walking through the same house over and over, lol

Besides, isn't this playable demo not part of the final game at all? Just a way to establish the game's atmosphere?

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

If i remember correctly, it was pretty much a tech demo for the fox engine. Everything in the demo seemed like a cameo appearance to me. The fetus from sh3, homey environment and hole in the bathroom wall from sh4, dead malevolent wife lisa from sh2. The repeating hallways was apart of a sh game at one point too. I want to say sh3 as well towards the end, but i could be wrong.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Gotta Get A Grip

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by DestaliusDark, 21 August 2014 - 01:06 PM.

I'm sorry, but the monsters in this teaser were hilarious. 

The way they start spazzing out when you come too close makes it seem as if it's an NPC stuck in the ground and is trying to get out causing the game to glitch or something. 

I like Silent Hill, but the teaser so far isn't that great like everyone makes it seem. It reminds me too much of these Indie horror games where it's all mysterious and spooky

What i liked in Silent Hill, especially the 2 was that there was mystery but you felt like you were making some kind of progress and you were scared because of how f*cked up things seemed all in Silent Hill

Like, you felt out of place, you felt wrong. But this teaser just makes you scared because you expect something to start spazzing out or scream in your face. 

In Silent Hill 2 when i first played i was scared when i first entered the apartment complex, i just had made my way trough a foggy town with weird monsters and i had little to no clue what to do, just looking for something in the dark
and i was scared because maybe i was going to die if i stayed too long in the same place, or maybe i would die if i turned around the corner. I was so afraid to just get a game over screen,and the world around me was disgusting and made me feel uncomfortable. I just don't get the same feeling with this teaser, it feels too linear and too much like it relies on scripted scenes. You can feel from the very start that there eventually will be a weird thing standing behind you or something else, in the older Silent Hills i din't know what to expect at all, every place felt new and everything was so weird and f*cked up that literally everything could happen. The teaser really feels like a predictable horror movie sadly. 

Or maybe i'm just nostalgic or something and horror doesn't do that much for me anymore.

Really hoping that this game will change along the way

Besides all that, it looks amazing though, that's one thing!

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

^ You do realize that the demo has absolutely no relation to the final main game, right?

• hvcciookay likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users