If Jimmy Hopkins was in GTA

62 replies to this topic
Paul723
  • Paul723

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

Anyone who's played Bully remembers the protagonist Jimmy Hopkins, right? Well how would you think he'll fit in the GTA universe?

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дредлоксъ

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

Well jimmy never murdered anyone.  But he could give an ass whooping.

All this bully nostalgia makes me want to go buy another copy of the game :(

• OneManCrimeWave, Eddie_INTV and Raiden1018 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by universetwisters, 12 August 2014 - 12:47 AM.

Jimmy could've been a Lester-esque character, what with him helping out all those nerds and stuff, they might've helped him out with stuff like that.

But yeah, it leads to the speculation of what Jimmy did after graduating.

E. Look what I found!

One idea that some people have suggested to Houser is that Rockstar makes a game about Bully protagonist Jimmy Hopkins as an adult, and that the game be a Grand Theft Auto title.

Houser says, that likely won't happen.

"I never saw him as being that level of degenerate," he said. "I saw him as a bad teen, because he comes from a tough home, who could go either direction. He's not going to be a carjacker. He's too white collar for that already. He's at a sh*t private school, but he's going to end up being really happy because he's at the worst bit of his life, or being a sort of messed up white collar doofus.

"He was an unpleasant soul, but he had a heart. To some extent you could say the same was true of [Grand Theft Auto 4's] Niko in a bizarre way. But [Jimmy's] not trying to burn down the school, he's more trying to stand up to injustice."
  • Shenmue18, na89340qv0n34b09q340, G.S.T and 2 others like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

I am not sure, but I think Bully is in the same universe as the HD era of GTA. A bully sequel would be cool IMO. But jimmy in GTA?? I am not sure

• Mr. Jago, Cakelover21 and BLOOD-MOND like this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

He was just a bully teen at school.
Do all school bullies become criminals?

Paul723
  • Paul723

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

He was just a bully teen at school.
Do all school bullies become criminals?

Gary did.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Rest in Peace, kitty0706. Thanks for the Entertainment.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

They could bring him into the HD era just to kill him, like Johnny, or Terry, or Clay, or Ashley , or Marnie, or UL Paper, or Rocko, or potentially Packie...

I don't want to see any more crossovers or reoccuring characters unless they come with sh*t-proof umbrellas from R*.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

They could bring him into the HD era just to kill him, like Johnny, or Terry, or Clay, or Ashley , or Marnie, or UL Paper, or Rocko, or potentially Packie...

I don't want to see any more crossovers or reoccuring characters unless they come with sh*t-proof umbrellas from R*.

Um, Marnie never died, UL Paper can die, it is optional, but it is canon that he does die: And who the F cares about Rocco? He was an asshole. If yo played TBOGT, you should hate him. And stop thinking that R* only kills off characters, don't even get into Trevor killing the main members of the Lost. Judging by your avatar, I won't say anything more 

• PreciousWall, bundi2408, G.S.T and 3 others like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Actually Jimmy could be an awesome protagonist! :panic: :panic:

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

I don't know about Jimmy as a GTA protagonist. Sure he was a badass, but it's hard to imagine him using a tech nine or AK47.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Jimmy would be doing petty crimes though, no? Does he really come off as a killer?

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

Gary could be a secondary antagonist.

Jimmy could be a minor character.
  • Cakelover21 likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

Bully is in the same universe as GTA and Manhunt. So it is theoretically possible that Jimmy could someday show up in a GTA game but It's highly unlikely. 

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:22 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 13 August 2014 - 03:22 AM.

I saw your signature before your post, and it made me think the same thing. :p

If anything he could make a really small cameo, standing outside a house during one mission in the game or something like that. I don't want to see Jimmy as part of GTA's story.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

If anything he could make a really small cameo, standing outside a house during one mission in the game or something like that. I don't want to see Jimmy as part of GTA's story.

I remember right after IV came out, people thought Jimmy was in the game because there was a ped at one of Elizabeta's cutscenes that had his same vest.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

I remember right after IV came out, people thought Jimmy was in the game because there was a ped at one of Elizabeta's cutscenes that had his same vest.

I remember that. Plus I remember there was a ped in the Hove Beach train station that looked like him too

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:05 AM

Does anybody remember the character Pathos who was dressed like a Bullworth student? I think he was supposed to be a rapper.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Does anybody remember the character Pathos who was dressed like a Bullworth student? I think he was supposed to be a rapper.

Yeah. He had the iconic blue vest and shirt with the sleeve's up. 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Could have been an Easter Egg since its possible that he went to Bullworth. A lot of Rappers claim to be from the streets despite having affluent upbringings and going to private schools and such so Rockstar could be making a subtle jab at that. 

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Could have been an Easter Egg since its possible that he went to Bullworth. A lot of Rappers claim to be from the streets despite having affluent upbringings and going to private schools and such so Rockstar could be making a subtle jab at that. 

I actually think Bullworth is in the HD universe, and the HD universe of GTA is the same universe that Bully exists in. We could see an older Jimmy Hopkins. 

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Jimmy Hopkins doesn't fit into a GTA. It feels dumb to have him as protagonist again. It would do nothing better than a Remastered edition of Vice City, which some VC fanboys always wish to have.

I have no problem with Bullworth as setting, but Jimmy Hopkins in a GTA is too weird to be done.

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Maybe Gary could be a future GTA protagonist. He seems more suited to doing crimes and killing people. And then one mission could involve you getting revenge on Jimmy.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I never got my hands on Bully. If Hopkins is like any other bully then he'll try and live off his reputation as a younger man for years to come so yeah, it would be interesting to see him in a game if GTA ever went near Bullworth.

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Maybe Gary could be a future GTA protagonist. He seems more suited to doing crimes and killing people. And then one mission could involve you getting revenge on Jimmy.

I could definitely see Gary as the homicidal type compared to the other characters from "Bully."

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:58 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 13 August 2014 - 03:59 PM.

I could definitely see Gary as the homicidal type compared to the other characters from "Bully."

He's not really the same kind of crazy it takes to be a GTA protagonist though. Gary's the kind of guy who Rockstar would paint as having crippling social issues, being sexually frustrated, extremely narcissistic, and possibly joining some sort of supremacist gang later in life to deal with his problems.

It'd be really cool to play from the perspective of someone like that, and have that information about him be open and told to you from the get-go, but Rockstar doesn't seem like the kind of developer that'd be down for it. :/

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Honestly, as badass as Jimmy is, I highly doubt we'll see him as a protagonist in a future GTA game. But I wouldn't be surprised if he at least made a cameo appearance in one. He was 15 in Bully, which was released in 2006, so that makes him around 23 nowadays. In my opinion, Gary would be a better protagonist in GTA. The guy got expelled from Bullsworth and would likely drop out of school. So I could see him performing numerous of crimes.

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

they should of made him A Crew Member In V. (Driver)

• Gpack418 likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

Jimmy could be in GTA as a lawyer maybe in some future game the protag is facing some serious time and Jimmy helps him fight the case against him I don't see him as a protag or a crimminal in the GTA universe maybe some crooked politician.

Honestly, as badass as Jimmy is, I highly doubt we'll see him as a protagonist in a future GTA game. But I wouldn't be surprised if he at least made a cameo appearance in one. He was 15 in Bully, which was released in 2006, so that makes him around 23 nowadays. In my opinion, Gary would be a better protagonist in GTA. The guy got expelled from Bullsworth and would likely drop out of school. So I could see him performing numerous of crimes.

Bully came out in 2006 but it doesn't take place in 2006 the cars and clothing makes it feel like its in the 80s or 90s

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

I never truly knew what the time setting for Bully was. Sure, some people have said it was 2006, but then you had a couple of arcade games that had 1995 as the copyright date. Also, some things didn't seem so recent up to that point. I don't remember people having cellphones in the game. Also, some of the cars looked old and you also had wooden roller coasters. Also, I remember unlocking a digital camera, but it looked like a 90s model.

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

The arcades put it at 1995 at the earliest. But then, in the Jocks clubhouse I think, there are signs about 2005 and 2007. The calender found in game matches September 2006.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users