[NEWS] Robin Williams Commits Suicide

215 replies to this topic
Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

This is really sad. I can't believe one of my most favorite actors is gone. We had a bit in common too, apparently Robin was a big fan of anime, and he absolutely loved Neon Genesis Evangelion, one of my most favorite anime ever. This news hit me like a ton of bricks when I found out about it last week. R.I.P Robin, you will never be forgotten buddy.

• maxpaynefan likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

So this was a video he sent to a fan with terminal cancer a couple of months before he died. Maybe I'm only thinking this way because of what happened, but his eyes look...empty. He looks like he's forcing a happy attitude when it always came naturally.  :(

• The Leviathan likes this

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

Oh my! I searched for Mork and Mindy, and I found this! I thought this was a more conservative time. I guess I'm wrong.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

The 70s/80s conservative? Not really.
Maybe some subjects were tabu in some levels of society but there was a lot of freedom.
Then again I'm mainly talking about Europe which has always been less bigot than America on so many subjects.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Westboro Baptist Church Threaten to Picket Robin Williams Funeral

[T]he Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket the funeral, they have voiced their opinion that Williams acted against God in his lifetime and, in their own words, used his talent to glorify sin. The group feels that the comedy Williams performed openly mocked God, and did not show a proper respect to religion in their minds. They went on to express their view that Williams was now in Hell, and that the Lord that they deify is full of contempt for the late actor.
Read more at http://guardianlv.co...vIsjp3T6jBqv.99

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:50 PM Edited by Crokey, 20 August 2014 - 07:50 PM.

Westboro Baptist Church Threaten to Picket Robin Williams Funeral

[T]he Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket the funeral, they have voiced their opinion that Williams acted against God in his lifetime and, in their own words, used his talent to glorify sin. The group feels that the comedy Williams performed openly mocked God, and did not show a proper respect to religion in their minds. They went on to express their view that Williams was now in Hell, and that the Lord that they deify is full of contempt for the late actor.
Read more at http://guardianlv.co...vIsjp3T6jBqv.99

I'd like to picket Westboro Baptist Church... and by picket, I mean throw sharp picket fences at them until they get tae f*ck.  Words cannot describe the contempt I have for those idiots.... but enough of those attention whoring <extreme expletives>

Monday’s Emmy tribute to Robin Williams will be presented by a fellow famed actor-comedian: Billy Crystal. Executive producer Don Mischer announced the programming decision on Tuesday morning, having previously promised that the award ceremony would honor the late performer with “the proper and meaningful remembrance he so well deserves.”

Williams will be honored during the “In Memoriam” portion of the show. Sara Bareilles will handle the musical accompaniment to the segment. Bareilles recently dedicated her song “Hercules” to Williams (though the song choice for the segment has not yet been announced).

Last year, Williams honored Jonathan Winters during the same Emmy segment. The 63-year-old was found dead in his home on Aug. 11. The 66th annual prime-time Emmy Awards airs Aug. 25 night on NBC.

Nice, but that last bit is a little unnerving for Billy Crystal, I hope it's not a game of tag.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users