What's your concussion story?

14 replies to this topic
CricKetVarble
  • CricKetVarble

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

I just got home from the hospital after suffering a concussion at football this morning. Im not supposes to be on my phone but oh well. Just curious, what's your concussion story?

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:51 PM Edited by Yolo Swaggins, 11 August 2014 - 08:59 PM.

I was being chased by this fat special-education kid at recess in 5th grade. I was looking back at him while I was running, and I ended up running head-first into a tetherball pole. I never went to the hospital, but my mom thinks I had a concussion. Also left a good size knot on my head.

Not my finest moment..

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

Me and my brother were playing soccer/football he played a ball over the top (in the air) I was looking at the ball and ran straight into a wall

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

I got hit with a frying pan when I was a small child. Good thing I moved out. 

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

grond thoft auto

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

I don't remember.

;)

• PsychoGamer3 likes this

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

These aren't my own concussion stories, seeing as how I was barely left alone for five minutes as a kid, certainly not long enough to get a concussion.

But, my brother on the other hand, was around 3, and playing hide and seek with some other kids in the neighbourhood. He went running along the path between our house and front garden, looking to hide in the shed, at the exact same moment my mom decided to open some windows. Poor kid was knocked out cold by the corner of the window as it opened on him.

I also accidentally kicked him in the face once. I was on the swing set, and he ran in front of me.

He got knocked out cold then, also. And lost two of his baby teeth.
  • Mr.Scratch likes this

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

He got knocked out cold then, also. And lost two of his baby teeth.

Babies just call them teeth.
  • CenMan and theadmiral like this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

I don't think I've ever had a concussion, but when I was a kid my friend got a concussion because he was trying to do a wheelie on my bicycle and the rubber grip on the handlebars was loose so it slipped off and he went full speed, head first into the bumper of a parked car.

I did hurt my head pretty bad once when I jumped from a moving boat which was going a little too fast. Water feels like concrete if you hit it hard enough.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

First concussion happened when I was 6. Was playing on the monkey bars at school during lunch break and I was trying to jump to the second bar. Jumped so high I hit my head on the first bar and knocked myself out cold. Only remember waking up a little while later in the back of the ambulance on my way to the hospital where they told me I had a concussion. 

Second concussion happened when I was 18. Was playing ultimate frisbee and I dove to try and catch the disc. Unknown to me, some girl on the other team was barreling towards me for it and as I dove to catch it she kneed me right in the side of the head. Knocked myself out for a few seconds and came to laying on the turf with everyone over me asking me if I was alright. Went to the hospital the next morning where the doctor told me I had a concussion. 

Third concussion happened when I was 21. Was playing intramural soccer and went to head the ball. Unknown to me, a guy on the other team came running in from the side and as I jumped up to head the ball our heads collided. Went to the hospital the next morning where the doctor told me I had a concussion. 

For the first and second I was only symptomatic for the a day or so afterwards but for the third I was symptomatic for about a week and a half afterwards. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

I fell down the porch steps when I was like three or four and I was out for the rest of the day. Crazy sh*t.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

Didn't have one. But I Caaan tell you about my cat...

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

I fell off a handicap ramp. The irony wasn't lost on me

• Mr.Scratch likes this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

The "Ambitious" One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

I had one when i was 15 and used to skateboard. I was coming downhill and my trucks were too loose and the mustang was coming uphill and i started to panic, lost control of my balance and landed on top of my head hard and rolled several times down the hill and was knocked out for a few seconds. I was lucky as hell that i was able to walk it off and didn't break anything and also that i was wearing a helmet which i rarely did when i would skateboard. I just had a bunch of road burns, cuts, & a busted lip.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Я не говорю

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

When I was younger my mother pushed me down a hill on a sled during the winter, I landed face first into a tree. I got a concussion and I think I may have some memory issues.

When I was younger my mother pushed me down a hill on a sled during the winter, I landed face first into a tree. I got a concussion and I think I may have some memory issues.

• Mr.Scratch, RandallFlagg00 and PsychoGamer3 like this

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

I done hitted mah head when I was a youngin' playing baxetball
  • Harley likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users