Quantcast

» «
Photo

Opinions please: should I buy a Buzzard now?

74 replies to this topic
iProGam3r
  • iProGam3r

Hakosuka or Hachiroku?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

No, wait and see if the new planes arrive as they may be better or cheaper as the prices may change.
  • Gordanovich likes this

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

You def need to get it asap but like othees said u might want to wait a few days to make sure a new dlc doesnt drop and you lose your buffer
  • Gordanovich likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Orbital Cannon Target

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

Top tip - RB and LB cycle between targets. I didn't know that for the longest time.
  • Gordanovich likes this

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Op you obviously need a buzzard because it makes most missions significantly easier
  • Gordanovich likes this

toolateaxeincar
  • toolateaxeincar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:00 PM Edited by toolateaxeincar, 11 August 2014 - 11:01 PM.

See for yourself: 

Buzzard price: 1,75 mln

Trash talk (high) payout: 15,000

After 116 missions like this you will start earning profit. 

Meanwhile you can also do Crystal clear out III, Mixed up with Coke, LS Connection, Chopper tail, Base invaders. Those are high paying missions ($13,500 min for Mixed up that will be dramatically easy to do with Buzzard). 

Before you purchase it, you can practise for free in mission Defender: 2 buzzards are provided, easy to solo, $17,500 for one run. You can easily land near starting point at the end of the mission and start over immediately. 

Buzzard is real investment. Even for casual player, it's a tool to earn easy, risk-free money SOLO with $200 expenditures per mission.

While I agree that the Buzzard is a great (if not essential) purchase, your math is suspect. Counting the entire payout of a mission is a bad way of working out how quickly the Buzzard pays for itself. You want the marginal utility, which is something like the mission payout divided by the time taken (in a Buzzard) against mission payout divided by time taken without. 

So it doesn't really pay for itself in 116 missions but, unlike other purchases, the Buzzard does actually make money for you, both by reducing the time taken for many high-paying missions and by saving on ammo costs.

I would only buy it if your a low rank and need it for missions. Unless you are amazing at controlling it, its pretty much useless.

good snipers will shoot you down at will

anyone with a minigun will shoot u down if within range same with a carbine or combat mg

Like the Lazer, you should use the minimap to direct your fire rather than waiting to get close enough for the player to render. It's only while inside render distance that the minigun/mgs are troublesome.

• AboveAndBeyoncé and Gordanovich like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

The buzzard is an amazing thing to have, but the tank even more

Im not some retarded tank troll at all but i troll the tank trolls with one :p

Always nice if they leave session after you spawn kill them :)

• Gordanovich likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

See for yourself: 

Meanwhile you can also do Crystal clear out III, Mixed up with Coke, LS Connection, Chopper tail, Base invaders. Those are high paying missions ($13,500 min for Mixed up that will be dramatically easy to do with Buzzard). 

Before you purchase it, you can practise for free in mission Defender: 2 buzzards are provided, easy to solo, $17,500 for one run. You can easily land near starting point at the end of the mission and start over immediately. 

Buzzard is real investment. Even for casual player, it's a tool to earn easy, risk-free money SOLO with $200 expenditures per mission.

Great post sir.

It's refreshing to see that some people aren't yet afraid to string more than ten words together in coherent form.
  • Myoyoy and Gordanovich like this

HKM87
  • HKM87

HotRod

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

It's a good idea to get a buzzard, specially it can be useful in some mission.

But here's another opinion: wait just a few days if the next DLC drops, that may have the hunter attack chopper.

In the end, it's your call friend.

• Gordanovich likes this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

Now or never OP. Do it.
  • Gordanovich likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Orbital Cannon Target

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

The chances are minute but if you buy it now and then there's some sort of DLC overnight with a $3m attack chopper, I will think of this thread first :)
  • Ballistic Jello and Gordanovich like this

procharged94
  • procharged94

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by procharged94, 12 August 2014 - 01:01 AM.

Buzzard should be one of your first purchases, once you save up.
  • Gordanovich likes this

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:48 AM

+1

The Buzzard is one of the best purchases I have made in the game.

• Gordanovich likes this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:36 AM

Nothing else alters your ability to run missions efficiently more than the Buzzard. Since tomorrow is patch day I'd wait and see if some new surprise appears just to be safe but if not, buy that sucker. Even if/when a new attack chopper is released someday that dominates Freemode, your Buzzard will still be an extremely valuable mission tool and make earning the money for that new chopper all the faster  :lol:

• Gordanovich likes this

V4S
  • V4S

❄️ SILLY HAT ❄️

• The Yakuza
  • Japan
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:40 AM

I regretted buying mines when I first got it cause they (sometimes) spawned at the airport and sandy shores, but during missions and when you want one 100% it definitely paid off and I made my money back from it.
  • Gordanovich, No display name = This and Professional Amateur like this

Jwanna99
  • Jwanna99

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

Because of all of the hype for a DLC Patch that could come tomorrow, I'd wait another day or two before buying that Buzzard. Just incase we get a Hydra in tomorrow's patch (Probably won't) but if we do you'd be disappointed if you bought your Buzzard than they release the Hydra. So just wait it out.

• Gordanovich likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

*Roark!*

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

Because of all of the hype for a DLC Patch that could come tomorrow, I'd wait another day or two before buying that Buzzard. Just incase we get a Hydra in tomorrow's patch (Probably won't) but if we do you'd be disappointed if you bought your Buzzard than they release the Hydra. So just wait it out.

*facepalm*

• Gordanovich likes this

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:49 AM Edited by homeskillet, 12 August 2014 - 02:53 AM.

In 24 Hrs. the buzzard will be a rare sight in gtao.

Hopefully most of you continued to EARN money after the hooker glitch.

You are gonna need it.

• Gordanovich likes this

ThugBunny_
  • ThugBunny_

Patched Demon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

It will pay for itself when you become effective with it in missions. I have the most fun flying around causing chaos in this thing, totally worth the money!

• Gordanovich likes this

Phorkz
  • Phorkz

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

i love mine, though wait a day or two just to see if patch imo.

• Gordanovich likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

In 24 Hrs. the buzzard will be a rare sight in gtao.
Hopefully most of you continued to EARN money after the hooker glitch.
You are gonna need it.

Lol what the hell?
  • Gordanovich likes this

Bastean
  • Bastean

Meow

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:17 AM

NO

Wait for new update. Imagine if a better helicopter is coming?

• Gordanovich likes this

Apollo00063
  • Apollo00063

I am that guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:19 AM Edited by Apollo00063, 12 August 2014 - 04:19 AM.

I am a huge fan of the Buzzard and believe it is the best Pegasus vehicle in the game - It was my first Pegasus purchase and I don't regret it one bit. They do spawn in free roam lobbies, but it is nice to be able to call your own. I have collected a lot of special crates and completed jobs easily because of my access to the Buzzard (not spending money on ammo adds up if you grind missions. If you grind the same mission in a playlist, you don't have to re-call the Buzzard as it will be where you last left it when the mission was completed). Lester assassination assignments in FR are ridiculously easy with it as well (something different for you to do) and they can net you some decent $ as a lot of people ignore it or attempt to chase the target down in their PVs.

The Buzzard is pretty much my PV in FR.

• Gordanovich likes this

Skeever
  • Skeever

Welcome to America! Prepare to be oppressed!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 12 August 2014 - 02:36 PM.

Bought the Buzzard around rank 60 when I started grinding Mixed up with Coke, Trash Talk and other missions with it, and soon enough I profited from my $1.75m investment and shot up through the ranks.

Fast forward to about eight months later, and you have the nerfing of Rooftop Rumble and Coveted. Now it's seeing a lot of use for me. Was worth the investment back in early 2013, and it's now worth it again after the two best on-foot grinding missions were made much more tedious to grind... I'd definitely get it, it's worth every penny.

• Gordanovich likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

See for yourself: 

While I agree that the Buzzard is a great (if not essential) purchase, your math is suspect. Counting the entire payout of a mission is a bad way of working out how quickly the Buzzard pays for itself. You want the marginal utility, which is something like the mission payout divided by the time taken (in a Buzzard) against mission payout divided by time taken without. 

So it doesn't really pay for itself in 116 missions but, unlike other purchases, the Buzzard does actually make money for you, both by reducing the time taken for many high-paying missions and by saving on ammo costs.

I would only buy it if your a low rank and need it for missions. Unless you are amazing at controlling it, its pretty much useless.
good snipers will shoot you down at will
anyone with a minigun will shoot u down if within range same with a carbine or combat mg

Like the Lazer, you should use the minimap to direct your fire rather than waiting to get close enough for the player to render. It's only while inside render distance that the minigun/mgs are troublesome.

Well sir, marginal utility is great. But should we go that far when the only thing that begs answering is how fast will you repay for buzzard while grinding? Theoretically, we should take into account payouts for different missions minus delivery expenditures. Thing is, it's still a theoretical approach. In reality new player may spend a lot of time practising Buzzard and there is no guarantee that he will be faster with mission while using it.
And stil nice to see educated people here like you.
  • Gordanovich likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

The problem with the buzzard is that after a few kills in free roam you would either be forced to use the miniguns because of the police making the lock on rockets useless, or you would be damaged and forced to get a new buzzard.
If you also consider how much harder the buzzard is to learn to use properly compared to the jet, you'd might as well just use the jet in free roam.
If you're using it for missions then it is useful for missions like mixed up with coke, although you can do it faster without the buzzard if you have others to help you.
  • Gordanovich likes this

Biker_J
  • Biker_J

Evil Biker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

So question for the people saying buy one..

I have "put off" getting one for quite some time for the following reasons:

1) The handling is pretty poor, seriously! I often find my self fighting the damn thing just to fly in a straight line or target something

2) It almost always spawns in the current lobby at one of the airports.. Why buy it when you can just go grab one for free?

So can you justify the purchase?

• Gordanovich likes this

Myoyoy
  • Myoyoy

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

no update so i have bought,gives something to do,losing it with Rockstar at the moment your games in need of a kick up the ass!!
  • Gordanovich likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:24 AM Edited by hei3enberg, 12 August 2014 - 09:24 AM.

1) The handling is pretty poor, seriously! I often find my self fighting the damn thing just to fly in a straight line or target something

2) It almost always spawns in the current lobby at one of the airports.. Why buy it when you can just go grab one for free?

1) It's the best this game can offer. Take it or leave it. Any other helicopters are slower and unarmed. 
2) Let me guess, you're much under lvl 200, right? 

Rockstar will force you to buy it after ~lvl 80-100 by decreasing spawn probability in free-roam. I'm 223 now and I haven't seen a Buzzard for a long time now. 

And you know, the purchase is a very good for the missions. That was stated above. 

Sooner or later you will buy it. Or shark cards. 

• Gordanovich likes this

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

I would say that besides a supersport car, the Buzzard is a a must to own. You will always have a fast and armed helicopter at your disposal in your vicinity. Sure they spawn here and there but they have a habit of not spawning when you need them the most.

• Gordanovich likes this

Biker_J
  • Biker_J

Evil Biker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

1) It's the best this game can offer. Take it or leave it. Any other helicopters are slower and unarmed. 
2) Let me guess, you're much under lvl 200, right? 

Rockstar will force you to buy it after ~lvl 80-100 by decreasing spawn probability in free-roam. I'm 223 now and I haven't seen a Buzzard for a long time now. 

And you know, the purchase is a very good for the missions. That was stated above. 

Sooner or later you will buy it. Or shark cards. 

No shark cards here :-P - They have all run out :-P. Mission Grinding for me.

I personally find the frogger to be the best for handling + speed, problem is, it's completely unarmed.

I am rank 96 so I still have them spawning.

I can see the advantage to it in missions though, it's just outside of that I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I would say that besides a supersport car, the Buzzard is a a must to own. You will always have a fast and armed helicopter at your disposal in your vicinity. Sure they spawn here and there but they have a habit of not spawning when you need them the most.

I don't consider supersport cars a must own.. the most "supersporty" car I have is a Vacca, and I still got the racing blonde tattoo + brunette tattoo due to race wins against adders haha I found it was how you drove which mattered, often I was with people who would crash.

• Gordanovich likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users