Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has anyone just ditched public lobbies for invite only or crew only?

76 replies to this topic
Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Public lobbies are turrrble. Just turrrble. 

Beyond the general asshattery of people just being people, you also have to deal with.................

- God mode glitchers with $9000 bounties sucking in people. You hit them with buzzard rockets, nades, automatic fire, and they snipe you with one shot since they don't worry about damage.

- Money glitchers handing out $50 million to everyone they see on servers. Now I'm afraid my $1.9 million legit is going to get wiped. Wouldn't be surprised.

- Hiding in map glitchers who take pot shots at you from inside of a bridge, or a building, or some place where it takes a long time to figure out where they actually are. By then they've sniped you 5 times and blown up your car. 

I've been doing invite only with friends and some crew, and it totally changes the game. I just don't think GTAO can use the public-MMO model. People are just too douchey to make it work.

• kstowe, Cornbat and AfterAnAsea like this

GamingBunny84
  • GamingBunny84

Bunnykins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

I hate going into public lobbies. I would much rather just hang out with my crew or friends instead of being with the idiots in the other lobbies. There are so many hackers and just dumb people who ruin it for everyone else.

• Myoyoy and lihety like this

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

You just gotta have the right kind of toilet paper
  • Ninja_Gear likes this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

I got into the habit of playing in Invite-Only Sessions well before the hackers came in. Public Freemode lobbies have been a joke since October 1st.

• kstowe, ZeroF0rce and MookStunna like this

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

GamingBunny, let me play with your crew sometime. I'm legit! 

I got into the habit of playing in Invite-Only Sessions well before the hackers came in. Public Freemode lobbies have been a joke since October 1st.

I learned too late. Is there a way to just directly go into an Invite only session? Right now I have to wait until it loads into single player, THEN I can select invite only. Is there a better way? I wish you could set a preference or something.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

I learned too late. Is there a way to just directly go into an Invite only session? Right now I have to wait until it loads into single player, THEN I can select invite only. Is there a better way? I wish you could set a preference or something.

You used to via a glitch, but R* patched it out.

• J's Bonds likes this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Im a snapoholic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

No ill still go into public lobbies but i do as well do invite only especially when im taking snapmatics, finding, or cruising in my cars, car shows, crew & friend get togethers, and etc. Theres not much you can do without getting stalking & shot at so i just accept it and fight back. But it has gotten way outta control ever since R* implemented that mental state feature & the mass amount of hackers & modders. I don't know if i can see this game surviving another full year.

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

I speak only for myself here but the one player of GTA Online who plays daily with me we've
been staying out of public lobbies since the first wave of GOD mode last year but I don't think
all public lobbbies are terrible, they are some good players in public lobbies too.

Certainly creates a better environment and with bounties the two of us have fun trying to chase
each other to claim them.

So invite only with friends and crew does change the game greatly and certainly has made it a lot
more fun for me knowing the players and their tactics etc.

Pyramid_Head
  • Pyramid_Head

TheKAC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Oh yea, I'm staying the hell outta public lobbies until a fix releases. I'm not having my legit money swiped because some douche wants to make me a billionaire.

• tails_prower_2040 likes this

Jabokabok
  • Jabokabok

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:02 PM Edited by Jabokabok, 11 August 2014 - 04:02 PM.

Ive noticed that in invite only lobbies that the crowds of npcs are much more detailed (you'll see several crowds outside of nightclubs etc) and the traffic is actually more dense in the city, but not a great deal. I just prefer when im playing solo to go into the more detailed world :) but I agree the current state of the public lobby is messed up!
I just wish R* would kick themselves up the ass and start working towards fixing game breaking glitches before people give up. It might not hurt their cash cards, but surely causing people not to play is affecting them indirectly!

LV_Jag
  • LV_Jag

XDBX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Invite only.

I can't stand the UFOs, boulders, and ferris wheels all over Legion Square.  It scratches up my beautiful cars.

• Myoyoy and lihety like this

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

No ill still go into public lobbies but i do as well do invite only especially when im taking snapmatics, finding, or cruising in my cars, car shows, crew & friend get togethers, and etc. Theres not much you can do without getting stalking & shot at so i just accept it and fight back. But it has gotten way outta control ever since R* implemented that mental state feature & the mass amount of hackers & modders. I don't know if i can see this game surviving another full year.

Yeah if they don't fix these kind of glitches that keep popping up every few months, I honestly will just move to another game. GTAO to me seems like it's still in full beta. 

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

I play invite mostly solo 95% of the time. Pretty funny for an online game but 90% of ppl in public lobbies are tools.
  • saintsrow and tails_prower_2040 like this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

Sometimes we'll do public but only when we have 7+ Crew people in it. Genrally we do crew only..

Mathew242
  • Mathew242

Shoot first.

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:11 PM Edited by Mathew242, 11 August 2014 - 04:13 PM.

I don't play with friends or a crew, so any player-to-player interaction has to be done with randoms. That being said, I don't hesitate to find a new session if I don't care much for the current one. I've been pretty fortunate though, the amount of god-moders (Or major glitchers, for that matter) I've come across can be counted on one hand and I haven't been "gifted" any illegitimate money. The only real problem for me in public lobbies are the common wankers who infest them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I still have to deal with the crap in Legion Square. I tend to avoid that area when possible.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

I only go into public sessions for Special Crates...and recently only Free Aim lobbies since they're a ghost town.

• brose_sfr likes this

EKGene
  • EKGene

Invite Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:27 PM Edited by EKGene, 11 August 2014 - 04:29 PM.

To answer the question, yes, a while back.  I only make brief visits every now and again.

Just a tip, for those that have two characters, and desire to switch between the two without ever stepping into a public lobby, start an Invite Only session and just complete one mission with your current character.  Then, go to Swap Character, under the Online tab, in the Start Menu.  Select your other character, and when you pop back in the game, you should be all by your lonesome.  (It's essentially the "private public lobby" thing.)

• tails_prower_2040 likes this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Haven't played in a week or so but I think I'll be staying in invite only. I did that during the billionaire days and it worked for me, never got any modded cash and din't get wiped.

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Do special crate drops happen in F.A. lobbies where only a handful of people are?

I only go into public sessions for Special Crates...and recently only Free Aim lobbies since they're a ghost town.

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Yeah I forgot to mention that in my post earlier but the only reason I still venture to public
lobbies from time to time is crates...how I wish they'd drop in private sessions.

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Public sessions are fine. All of you are over reacting. I find that if you go looking for trouble, trouble will find you. I haven't been killed in a public lobby for probably 2 weeks. I don't go to the downtown LSC, don't go to Legion Square (cause there is nothing to do there anyway), and I don't hang out in the wall breach places. The map is huge, why hang out where everyone else is?

• saintsrow and sebcreed like this

Ricrac722
  • Ricrac722

We're excited to announce a delay!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I play on free roam whenever my friends aren't on so I usually drive around people see if they will start shooting or start playing shennanigans, honestly though i kinda want to have a reason for a battle with them though. :lol:

You used to via a glitch, but R* patched it out.

Why the f*ck would rockstar patch that? Whats the logic behind that.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Do special crate drops happen in F.A. lobbies where only a handful of people are?

Yes, rarely but it happens.

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I always start out in Invite Only.  I'll boost a Baller right away if they are spawned or make a quick sweep through gang territory for a Peyote or Tornado if its night time.  Fill my snacks and armor stacks.  Do a Simeon's List car or HPV if its up.  Hit an armored truck or rob a store.  Then I start spamming random Contact Missions.

IF by some chance I'm thrust into a public lobby (which seems to happen frequently and for no reason when I leave a Job Voting lobby) I'll hang in there for a while if it seems legit and not hacked up.  Take a bounty or two, kill some idlers who don't know better than to just stand in the middle of the street, hit a Lester target or grab the HPV, chase people around in a Buzzard.  Sometimes people will be doing something fun like the Tattoo shop door glitch launching each other in the Stretch.  Sometimes it can be fun.

If the lobby is going mod crazy I just switch to Trevor to see if he is doing anything funny then go right back into Invite Only. 

• meatrocket8 and Wavesittich like this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Eh, I like public lobbies. I have a crew, unfortunately I rarely play with them, and my friends enjoy public lobbies. 

I tend to keep to myself, unless I see a bounty or someone starts something with me. 

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Havent turned the game on in over a week. No point playing with all the chaos. Plus theres nothing left to do. 

• kstowe likes this

GamingBunny84
  • GamingBunny84

Bunnykins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Of course! The more the merrier! You can always join the crew by clicking my signature ;)

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by hugh750, 11 August 2014 - 04:53 PM.

i only play public since most of my friends ether don't have gta 5 or they're not on, even though it can be chaos at times.

• lihety likes this

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

Public sessions are fine. All of you are over reacting. I find that if you go looking for trouble, trouble will find you. I haven't been killed in a public lobby for probably 2 weeks. I don't go to the downtown LSC, don't go to Legion Square (cause there is nothing to do there anyway), and I don't hang out in the wall breach places. The map is huge, why hang out where everyone else is?

Looking for trouble? Isn't that what the bounty system is all about? If someone has a bounty, the design of the system is for people to go and chase that person to kill them. But when some f*cktard glitches into godmode, and breaks that gameplay, how is it our fault for "looking for trouble"? That makes absolutely no sense.

Ton 1 NL
  • Ton 1 NL

some people say

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

I always play invite only with friends. Because every time is get I a public session some asshole keep spawn killing me with his f*cked up god mode. And believe me I glitched a lot but even for me god mode is to much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users