Quantcast

» «
Photo

"ALERT The game has been restarted due to a problem with the disc.

28 replies to this topic
motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Hey, 

I keep getting restarted and sent back to opening screen with this message:

"ALERT The game has been restarted due to a problem with the disc. Please consider replacing if this becomes an issue"

Its happened numerous times in MP, and happened in SP once.

The disc looks brand new.

This is the 4th Xbox I've had. I had to bring 2 back to bestbuy because they didnt work....

The last xbox i had the game would crash on startup every time, and I went through a VERY long painful process of "lets try this, get a new disc again", "lets delete the game and redownload it"

I have the latest 360 E, and I've only had it a few months.

Could it be the disc? I'm pretty sure I get new ones free from gamestop since i bought disc insurance or some sh*t...

I'm just at my wits end. I can't handle anymore basic troubleshooting...

Has this happened to anybody else? 

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Sinister

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

buy a cash card.100% working solution to all gta v related problems.like if this helped.

• CaptainBlack69 and lihety like this

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

If you get new disks for free you should give that a shot. No harm.

I'm also on my 4th Xbox. Last 3 all got ring of death. This one I have to start with a paper clip. That's why I'll be getting a ps4 instead of Xbox one.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Try here, may help.............

http://gtaforums.com...roubleshooting/

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

This is exactly what's happening to my friend and his disc looks good too. His Xbox isn't old and has plenty of space for air flow. It happens to him at least once per hour of play. This game has become so irritating that it really isn't worth the hassle and stress.

I recommend finding another game to play for a bit. Don't forget to clear your cache under the Storage settings, turn the Xbox off and back on and clear the cache once more for luck.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Try here, may help.............

http://gtaforums.com...7-troubleshooti

If you get new disks for free you should give that a shot. No harm.

I'm also on my 4th Xbox. Last 3 all got ring of death. This one I have to start with a paper clip. That's why I'll be getting a ps4 instead of Xbox one.

That's crazy... I never got the rings, just crashing issues/failure to read disc issues. Must have been problems with the lens

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Have you buffed the disk? You should also buy a can of compressed air and clean the inside of your Xbox.

The only tip I really give. Always buy new, never used

WinkingSkeever6
  • WinkingSkeever6

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 11 August 2014 - 03:18 PM.

If other games are reading fine on your Xbox, then I'd get another disc from Gamestop, and if the problem still occurs, then you may have to consider downloading a digital copy of the game and see if that works. But to be honest, if the discs keep having problems, then I wouldn't take a gamble with purchasing the digital copy, and I'd try and get a refund for your current copy.

Edit: Getting your lens checked out may be something you want to do before dropping $60 on a digital copy of the game.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

It doesn't happen until I start playing for a while. Maybe its overheating? I dunno.

I'll try clearing the cache a couple times.

I'd post this in troubleshooting but I work 65 hours a week and I needed a quick response so I posted in a highly traveled area..

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

Install the Play Disc to a external USB hard drive (or a DECENT brand flash drive) and run it from there, mine runs great now. Currently using a £13 SanDisk:

http://www.sandisk.c...s/cruzer-facet/

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

If other games are reading fine on your Xbox, then I'd get another disc from Gamestop, and if the problem still occurs, then you may have to consider downloading a digital copy of the game and see if that works. But to be honest, if the discs keep having problems, then I wouldn't take a gamble with purchasing the digital copy, and I'd try and get a refund for your current copy.

Edit: Getting your lens checked out may be something you want to do before dropping $60 on a digital copy of the game.

Had to replace my lens on my current 360 that's 7 2/4 years old.

Checking around, you could find a new lens assembly for around 10-15 dollars and only takes a little know-how and 10 minutes.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:23 PM Edited by motosyko, 11 August 2014 - 03:23 PM.

Have you buffed the disk? You should also buy a can of compressed air and clean the inside of your Xbox.

The only tip I really give. Always buy new, never used

I've only bought new. I bought the Collectors Edition and had to replaced the disc once already. I'll try buffing the disc too. 

I haven't really tried any other games. I will though. I'm definitely not purchasing anything else, I spent $150 on this game, not to mention all the fuel running around the last time I had an issue.

Had to replace my lens on my current 360 that's 7 2/4 years old.

Checking around, you could find a new lens assembly for around 10-15 dollars and only takes a little know-how and 10 minutes.

Wouldn't the xbox I just bought be under warranty? Are these the symptoms of a bad lens?

• WinkingSkeever6 likes this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

^

This. Don't bother with digital tho. I once bought Mass Effect from the Xbox marketplace, half way through it told me there was a problem with the disk.

I bought GTA 5 on digital  well. I've had more problems with it than with the disk.

It doesn't happen until I start playing for a while. Maybe its overheating? I dunno.

I'd post this in troubleshooting but I work 65 hours a week and I needed a quick response so I posted in a highly traveled area..

Is it in an open air place? 

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

lol just ignore my solid gold advice then

• trippy bongos likes this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

No one is ignoring you. Didn't even see your post, till I looked back.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

^

This. Don't bother with digital tho. I once bought Mass Effect from the Xbox marketplace, half way through it told me there was a problem with the disk.

I bought GTA 5 on digital  well. I've had more problems with it than with the disk.

Is it in an open air place? 

I'd say so, Its got its own little cubby next to the modem and router, doesn't feel too warm, no warmer then when running netflix

Lol I didn't mean to ignore you. Were you having the same problems?

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Similar issues, the game would freeze up due to the disc not loading/drawing the buildings/landscapes, my character would drive around in a circle on other peoples screens lol. Some times the xbox would tell me the disc is scratched before the game starts and ask me to clean it. Installed the play disc solved all my issues. FYI turning the radio off in vehicles will help until you fix it as the radio plays solely off the disc as that helped me slightly till I went out and bought a usb flash drive.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

Gotcha. Will def look into that, I usually just shut the radio off anyway.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

Update:

Cleared the cache, didn't work. I was having connectivity issues the other night so i couldn't go online that much. While on single player it did a restart on me while playing as trevor, minigunning cops. Seems to be load related. I'll get a new disc and go from there. 

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

FinalSynFrey
  • FinalSynFrey

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

Install the Play Disc to a external USB hard drive (or a DECENT brand flash drive) and run it from there, mine runs great now. Currently using a £13 SanDisk:

http://www.sandisk.c...s/cruzer-facet/

I installed the Play Disc to the Internal Hard Drive and no issues so far. I assume Rockstar may have fixed the texture pop-ins when they released the game on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

Ok, so the lady at gamestop told me that it's because I have the console sitting vertically.... does this make sense? Sje said the laser gets warm and cant read the disc correctly when verticle
Ill be getting a new copy anyway since i have the disc warranty, then ill see what happens

Miyagi326
  • Miyagi326

Me, I'm not.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:33 AM

you have no idea how glad I am to see (I guess, if you would say that) that I'm not alone with this problem. I can say that I have a BRAND NEW disc, my 2nd actually, and this didn't start happening until I got this copy. I had my original copy since December and had to buy a new one in May or June and it's been happening ever since. I normally keep my console standing up, but I figured why not try laying it down. Needless to say, my console is standing up again. And my only thing that I don't understand is that it only happens when I'm playing gta. Anyone else?

FinalSynFrey
  • FinalSynFrey

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

you have no idea how glad I am to see (I guess, if you would say that) that I'm not alone with this problem. I can say that I have a BRAND NEW disc, my 2nd actually, and this didn't start happening until I got this copy. I had my original copy since December and had to buy a new one in May or June and it's been happening ever since. I normally keep my console standing up, but I figured why not try laying it down. Needless to say, my console is standing up again. And my only thing that I don't understand is that it only happens when I'm playing gta. Anyone else?

Nope. I used to have my Xbox standing up and i never had any issues with GTA. Try installing the 'Play' Disc to your Hard Drive (IF you don't have a External USB). This should eliminate any problems relating to the disc.

And the lady at GameStop has NO clue what she's talking about. Microsoft designed the Xbox 360 to be placed horizontally or vertically. Either orientation does NOT affect the laser. There's a reason why it has a rail holding the laser along with a motor to keep it moving steady. And obviously it does get "warm" because you are USING it. What kind of electronic does not heat up when its running?

If all else fails, your laser could be going bad, but then again you say it only happens on GTA V.

Miyagi326
  • Miyagi326

Me, I'm not.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Nope. I used to have my Xbox standing up and i never had any issues with GTA. Try installing the 'Play' Disc to your Hard Drive (IF you don't have a External USB). This should eliminate any problems relating to the disc.
And the lady at GameStop has NO clue what she's talking about. Microsoft designed the Xbox 360 to be placed horizontally or vertically. Either orientation does NOT affect the laser. There's a reason why it has a rail holding the laser along with a motor to keep it moving steady. And obviously it does get "warm" because you are USING it. What kind of electronic does not heat up when its running?
If all else fails, your laser could be going bad, but then again you say it only happens on GTA V.

I've thought about installing the game but never have. I remember way back in the early days of Gtao there were some lagging issues and something that had to do with the water animations. It's been way to long to remember exactly what the problems were that people were having, but I remember the general consensus at the time was don't install your game and you won't have the issue. That's been the only thing that ever held me back, have these been resolved since then? Have you ever noticed anything like that? I mean, gta has plenty of lagging issues from the disc, don't get me wrong haha. If not, game on!

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

I'm prob just going to install the game disc on a high quality usb and leave the install on the hdd. If I do this do I not put the disc on to play?

FinalSynFrey
  • FinalSynFrey

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

I've thought about installing the game but never have. I remember way back in the early days of Gtao there were some lagging issues and something that had to do with the water animations. It's been way to long to remember exactly what the problems were that people were having, but I remember the general consensus at the time was don't install your game and you won't have the issue. That's been the only thing that ever held me back, have these been resolved since then? Have you ever noticed anything like that? I mean, gta has plenty of lagging issues from the disc, don't get me wrong haha. If not, game on!

Nope. I actually have the game installed on my Hard Drive and everything is smooth. Texture pop-ins aren't that noticeable, Music/Audio works fine, and animations seems fine to me. The only time the Frames start dropping is if i use rockets to blow up multiple vehicles, which is expected on the old Hardware.

I am pretty sure they may have resolved this issue when they released the Digital version for Xbox 360.

I'm prob just going to install the game disc on a high quality usb and leave the install on the hdd. If I do this do I not put the disc on to play?

You still need the disc to verify that you own it, but after a minute or so, the disc drive will turn off and stream data from the external USB and HDD.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

I installed the play disc onto a Sandisk Ultra 3.0/2.0 16GB Flash and everything appears to be working smooth.

FinalSynFrey
  • FinalSynFrey

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

I installed the play disc onto a Sandisk Ultra 3.0/2.0 16GB Flash and everything appears to be working smooth.

That's good to know! You're not getting the same error anymore?

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

That's good to know! You're not getting the same error anymore?

I haven't yet thankfully. Played for hours last night and never had an issue. Maybe I had some connectivity issues but no disc issus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users