Mod Manager V2

29 replies to this topic
Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hi, ModManager V2 is almost done. This will let players download and install mods directly into their gta iv/elfc script folder. Ofcourse i need people that want me to add their mod to that list. I wont add it without asking people for permission. 

So, who want their mods to be added? 

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Mine...speech recognition too

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

Speech recognition isn't online anymore?

leftas
  • leftas

unknown

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by leftas, 11 August 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Baack, I think you need to update your mod(Speech Recognition), and I would suggest to use google speech-to-text api :)

P.S.@LetsPlayOrDy, I was about writing in that other thread, when I saw that you already gave solution for him :D You need to change nick to "FasterThanYou", lol.

Best regards,

Paul.

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Baack, I think you need to update your mod(Speech Recognition), and I would suggest to use google speech-to-text api :)

P.S.@LetsPlayOrDy, I was about writing in that other thread, when I saw that you already gave solution for him :D You need to change nick to "FasterThanYou", lol.

Best regards,

Paul.

He probably won't because he wants to use the simple stuff.

Talking about the 'Create item on ground' one? Haha yeah... too fast for ya :D

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Only if it works good, and without memory leaks. Send me the link to the file please

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

how does the mod manager work? do u have a screen shot?

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

Well it works very simple. You can look on gta4-mods for the basic look. I just created a new tab with a listbox 2 buttons and some labels+textboxes. The mods will display in a listbox. And there is a download and update button. When u click update, then program loads data from a xml file on my database. Then u can click through mods on the listbox and see the data of it. If you have a modselected and click download, it will ofcourse download. I am currently working on an system that when u download a mod, you have to go through an adf.ly ad. But the mod maker desides if he want that.

Sorry for messy description, but am in bed of phone..

And i am still looking for people that want their mods to be added!

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Oh ok, I was wondering what you meant by a list. If you want to parse HTML, your app can go on to gta4 mods and build the database that will refresh.

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

Yeah i know i could that, but i have to do a lot of things with xml on my upcoming study..
@byteMe420 do you have mods on gta4-mods.com?

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

The release is Tommorow but I need a guy,to test the mod because my microphone is not here it's with my friend and about mem leaks I have removed speech synthesizer but have not tested about mem leaks... I think this should solve the problem

leftas
  • leftas

unknown

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:57 AM Edited by leftas, 12 August 2014 - 08:57 AM.

No off-topic please, you can always ask in PM anyone here, I am always ready for test other mods. :)

Best regards,
Paul.

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Lol :p

Hey leftas I want to pm you

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:19 PM Edited by byteMe420, 12 August 2014 - 02:20 PM.

Yeah i know i could that, but i have to do a lot of things with xml on my upcoming study..

No I don't have any mods released. I have in the past but I don't like to do technical support for people who are ignorant or blame you for their problems. Releasing mods got old for me after a while.

• Wiebrendh likes this

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

No I don't have any mods released. I have in the past but I don't like to do technical support for people who are ignorant or blame you for their problems. Releasing mods got old for me after a while.

Oh, that sucks.. 

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:14 PM Edited by byteMe420, 12 August 2014 - 03:15 PM.

Oh, that sucks.. 

Yeah but I still write gta code and post stuff here. I just don't make mods like I use to. Now I'll make small scripts that i can write and finish in 20 minutes... I dont have the attention span anymore for IV to write major mods like I use to.

You will probably see me make stuff for V.

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Oh, that sucks.. 

Yeah but I still write gta code and post stuff here. I just don't make mods like I use to. Now I'll make small scripts that i can write and finish in 20 minutes... I dont have the attention span anymore for IV to write major mods like I use to.

I hope we all can make awesome mods for V!

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

Oh, that sucks.. 

I think we should be able to as long as R* doesn't implement some kind of radical change that makes everyone's research with the console version invalid. If they release a 64 bit exe that could screw things up. Hooks for V are already being researched with the scripts from the console version.

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Oh, that sucks.. 

I think we should be able to as long as R* doesn't implement some kind of radical change that makes everyone's research with the console version invalid. If they release a 64 bit exe that could screw things up. Hooks for V are already being researched with the scripts from the console version.

Yeah i heard that, but i think r* wont screw us. Otherwise they will lose a lot of money.

nixolas1
  • nixolas1

Creator/Destroyer

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

You should ask some creators of mods if you haven't already, I dont think everyone will post here :p

But ye, I give you permission to add any of my mods.http://www.gtagaming...ds/author/62265

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by Wiebrendh, 17 August 2014 - 06:26 PM.

You should ask some creators of mods if you haven't already, I dont think everyone will post here :p

But ye, I give you permission to add any of my mods.http://www.gtagaming...ds/author/62265

Hi, i always ask if i may add their mods.

And thanks that i can add you stuff, it are awesome mods!

Only problem is that the program does not support .asi mods, am going to add that in next update :)

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Please add my mods too :p

PlayPrey
  • PlayPrey

string ScriptSkillLevel = "Low-Med";

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

Does it support auto-update for the mods you include?

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

Well, i check gta4-mods daily to see if there is a new update out, but the user has to update it.. Also working on auto update feature

leftas
  • leftas

unknown

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

Yes it does, it explained how program work after first byteme420 post :)

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

Please add my mods too :p

first gonna check if it works good, otherwise not.

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

Adding Asi mod support. So, people with asi mods, please msg me!

PlayPrey
  • PlayPrey

string ScriptSkillLevel = "Low-Med";

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

Bug Report (02.09.2014) Mod manager version 2.2

Commandline Tab: 

Typo - Explenation: It is written 'Explanation'

Typo - (Help message for 'Dont precache memory) Disable precache of recouces: recouces is written 'Resources' 

That is all the bugs I have found really, its real nice and simple to use :) Nice work :)

• Wiebrendh likes this

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Bug Report (02.09.2014) Mod manager version 2.2

Commandline Tab: 

Typo - Explenation: It is written 'Explanation'

Typo - (Help message for 'Dont precache memory) Disable precache of recouces: recouces is written 'Resources' 

That is all the bugs I have found really, its real nice and simple to use :) Nice work :)

Oh hahaha thanks man!!

• PlayPrey likes this

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

Feel free to add all of mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users