Photo

If they wipe money again...

69 replies to this topic
Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by Day Reaper, 13 August 2014 - 01:18 AM.

You guys are forgetting something, rockstar is owned by take- two which is a publicly traded company and are legally required to maximize profits for there shareholders within reason. All publicly trade companies are required to do this.

The glitches cash is a direct threat to the cash card business model that rockstar has employed in gta online. Failure to act on this would be grounds for investors to go after a change at the top of take-two and I assure you Strauss Zelnick (current head of take two) won't let that happen.

Rockstar will address the glitched cash once they are able to, it takes time to develop the code needed to sort this out so don't confuse the time with developing the tool to do a cash sweep with rockstar deciding not to do anything about it.

Expect a cash wipe before heists/next gen release, there's no way rockstar releases on next gen and does nothing about modded cash as next gen will be a huge window for them to sell more cash cards.

Lastly, I don't know any legit players that lost cash on the last sweep. We all kept our legit money, for some that was millions of dollars. I'm sure some people got boned, or thought they did, but there was no indiscriminate blanket reset.

Thanks for the post. I lost a legit 3.5 Million the last time Rockstar reset billionaire cash.

The thing is I, like many, didn't complain because in my case I went from legit 4 Million to a "gifted" 7 Billion and spent 56 Million of it, so when Rockstar left me with 500K, I would have had to be an immense jackazz to cry that they had taken 3.5 Million of legit cash when I was able to spend and keep all the things I bought with the 56M I spent.
But this time, I haven't received any Money Lobby cash and even if I did, I really don't need to buy anything else because both my characters are all set with high end apartments and full garages. So I would be really losing my hard earned cash this time around and that would suck because it would lead me to Cash Card purchasing to get back to where I was....Rockstar wins and the Modders win. I lose.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:16 AM

let the wipe happen

we will just buy another cash card

Wallywhitehurst
  • Wallywhitehurst

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:38 AM

I think the decrease in payouts were planned way ahead of time. Cash was abundant to draw us in, then once we were hooked they flipped the switch on the business plan.
  • gtafan26 likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

I think the decrease in payouts were planned way ahead of time. Cash was abundant to draw us in, then once we were hooked they flipped the switch on the business plan.

Business 101,  bring them in, hook"em, then screw"em

garvdart
  • garvdart

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Where and how would they draw the line?

Last time they were able to tell when people had 100s of millions and billions that it was impossible to obtain by playing the game.

People who have millions or even 10-20 mill from playing the game cant be differentiated from those who glitched it or not.

It would be stupid as f*ck on R*s part to take away that little amount of money that is not game breaking.

I dont think they keep the kind of records of every transaction y'all think they do.

Maze is not a real bank ffs..  :blink:

Hello if the social network tracks car sales, bets,  and kills do you really think they can't research into there own network.  Using a history based function like a webpage?  That data is then stored and updated periodically , whether it's hourly/daily/weekly etc.  Is there model.  

Since the premise of the hooker glitch is too duplicate and sell a car they can look at your car sales record.  1-2 million iffy but do able if you sold a baller 111-222 times.  Now then if they can go into your social club history prior too patch whatever ,they would see a trend of your car sales over time if it went from 1-2 million too 10million you glitched easy.

Maze bank may not be a real bank but have you ever noticed there's a transaction history in the game.....look for same large lump sum deposits.

Other ways too draw the line:

would probably be too take time played , rank into consideration. Reserved for editsp

l_B33LZ_l
  • l_B33LZ_l

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

they can wipe me clean IDGAF I had everything back in November. All you really need money for is ammo and paint jobs

La Vacca
  • La Vacca

Professional Bank Robber.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

Thanks for the responses, my post got way more attention then I thought lol.

rtv190
  • rtv190

Dolla Bill$

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

if this happens then i better start saving for a XBONE and Forza 5

Trevorsfriend
  • Trevorsfriend

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

You guys are forgetting something, rockstar is owned by take- two which is a publicly traded company and are legally required to maximize profits for there shareholders within reason. All publicly trade companies are required to do this.

The glitches cash is a direct threat to the cash card business model that rockstar has employed in gta online. Failure to act on this would be grounds for investors to go after a change at the top of take-two and I assure you Strauss Zelnick (current head of take two) won't let that happen.

Rockstar will address the glitched cash once they are able to, it takes time to develop the code needed to sort this out so don't confuse the time with developing the tool to do a cash sweep with rockstar deciding not to do anything about it.

Expect a cash wipe before heists/next gen release, there's no way rockstar releases on next gen and does nothing about modded cash as next gen will be a huge window for them to sell more cash cards.

Lastly, I don't know any legit players that lost cash on the last sweep. We all kept our legit money, for some that was millions of dollars. I'm sure some people got boned, or thought they did, but there was no indiscriminate blanket reset.

Thanks for the post. I lost a legit 3.5 Million the last time Rockstar reset billionaire cash.

The thing is I, like many, didn't complain because in my case I went from legit 4 Million to a "gifted" 7 Billion and spent 56 Million of it, so when Rockstar left me with 500K, I would have had to be an immense jackazz to cry that they had taken 3.5 Million of legit cash when I was able to spend and keep all the things I bought with the 56M I spent.
But this time, I haven't received any Money Lobby cash and even if I did, I really don't need to buy anything else because both my characters are all set with high end apartments and full garages. So I would be really losing my hard earned cash this time around and that would suck because it would lead me to Cash Card purchasing to get back to where I was....Rockstar wins and the Modders win. I lose.

When will players get this. OK  DAY REAPER  you had 4 million then you say you SPENT 56 million. 56 million spent money minus 4 million legit money = 52 million you owe R*. so when they left you 500k that was a bonus you got. 

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

When will players get this. OK  DAY REAPER  you had 4 million then you say you SPENT 56 million. 56 million spent money minus 4 million legit money = 52 million you owe R*. so when they left you 500k that was a bonus you got. 

Sorry, I forgot to mention earning 3 million after the billions were already in my bank account.
I didn't ask for it, it was given to me randomly.
R said we were keeping what we bought so I expected to have some of my original earned millions after the colon cleanse.
But like I said, the payoff outweighed the loss that time.
As of right now, I haven't picked up cash from a mod lobby so I'm hoping for the best. I have taken the precaution of taking images of my current account in case I get reset to the minimum, I can send the images to R in my defense. That gets thrown out the window if I get free cash though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users