If they wipe money again...

69 replies to this topic
Eddy Sindacco
  • Eddy Sindacco

Professional Bank Robber.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

Will everyone be affected? Or only those who got the money from those lobbies? Because I believe everyone was affected by the last money wipe, whether you had modded money or not *don't know if this has been posted yet, I'm new :) *

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

~

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Only people who got the money by non legitimate ways will be affected.

• Lance_Vance89, iliev77 and Eddy Sindacco like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Clowns Drive Vans - Happy 2 Years!

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:19 AM Edited by livejoker, 11 August 2014 - 09:20 AM.

If you're new, try searching for the topic with the search bar near the top of the page (no worries, people who've been here for months still don't use the search bar). I'm sure R* has a way of seeing if someone made money legitimately and non-legitimately by analyzing money gain over time or, doubt if possible, see how you made that money. 

If you're a "legit" player, you shouldn't worry. If you get money swiped and you're legit, just send R* a ticket describing your problem.
If you're a glitcher and use a glitch to make money, you deserve to get money swiped.

Hope that answers the question.

*edit*
Gifted money (which is glitched money) will be removed even if you're a legit or non-legit player. R* are trying to remove all "bad" currency.

• madmanaz and dwaynefox like this

Relative007
  • Relative007

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:19 AM Edited by Relative007, 11 August 2014 - 09:20 AM.

Has been talked about, although probably in the Modded Money specific Threads...

No-one really knows. Depends how wide spread the problem is and if R* think they will annoy to many people if they reset money and lose a sizeable portion of the player base in the process...

This also would require R* to acknowledge they have failed to properly secure there game against being excessive exploited despite practically every Update/Patch containing Patches for money glitches and measures to prevent modding AFTER a money wipe has already occurred. 

• havok024 likes this

NightProwler
  • NightProwler

Nutter with a heart of gold

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

I'm not worried. I wasn't greedy,sold my Elegy (which I hated) and made a million on the solo hooker glitch. Pretty stupid if you ask me that you put money in to upgrade the damn thing yet,can't sell it.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Speculation innit? R* have probably moved on to a new project, they've made their $$$ here.

Eddy Sindacco
  • Eddy Sindacco

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the responses! I guess I'm safe since I will stay away from public lobbies to avoid modded money being given to me.

mrpodo100
  • mrpodo100

Grandmaster Sexy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

I doubt it, since the money values didn't change. Instead, you just get 2k$ a bunch of times. It's not hacked like the DNS ones were.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:37 AM Edited by jcph3, 11 August 2014 - 09:38 AM.

Last time they took everyone down to $550K, I was at $1.3 mil before receiving over 3.2 billion in gifted cash R*. So

R* took $850K legit away

They cant / dont have the resources to evaluate every account. They may just wipe cash over a certain number again. I'm betting that number is somewhere around $7 - $10 mil.

• Nomad0202 likes this

Eddy Sindacco
  • Eddy Sindacco

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by La Vacca, 11 August 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Last time they took everyone down to $550K, I was at $1.3 mil before receiving over 3.2 billion in gifted cash R*. So
R* took $850K legit away
They cant / dont have the resources to evaluate every account. They may just wipe cash over a certain number again. I'm betting that number is somewhere around $7 - $10 mil.

but some people have $10m + legit, few people but I know of Lui Calibre he bought the Megaladon shark card ($8m) and farmed missions in the early days so it could tick off some legit players.
  • Mr.ClaudeFan likes this

Ton 1 NL
  • Ton 1 NL

some people say

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

R* took $850K legit away

When you where gifted the money didn't you buy some new cars house clothing etc? Because if you did you probably spend the 850k yourself
  • Eddy Sindacco likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Last time I had received no money and my balance was unchanged after the wipe. So not everyone was effected despite the common assumption.
  • xoC18H21NO3xo, Jolly Swagman and Eddy Sindacco like this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

I don't care since I have almost no money anyway
  • Demetri_FTO_1. likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Last time I had received no money and my balance was unchanged after the wipe. So not everyone was effected despite the common assumption.

I can confirm this. I hadn't been given money/ glitched and my cash stayed the same after the last wipe.

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Has been talked about, although probably in the Modded Money specific Threads...

No-one really knows. Depends how wide spread the problem is and if R* think they will annoy to many people if they reset money and lose a sizeable portion of the player base in the process...

This also would require R* to acknowledge they have failed to properly secure there game against being excessive exploited despite practically every Update/Patch containing Patches for money glitches and measures to prevent modding AFTER a money wipe has already occurred. 

This is why I think they're crazy to let people transfer to next gen. Game is soplagued by cheats and exploits that the only people still playing are the cheaters pretty much. Doesnt create an appealing image for potential new players or even pulling old players back to the gane.

Ive said before though simply being more vigilant and heavier with the ban hammer would stop a ton of cheaters and exploiters. At present people cheat amd exploit so openly as there's no risk at all of getting punished.

Look at god mode. If they'd banned a hundred people earlier. There wouldnt be hundreds more exploiting it now the fear of getting banned would be a strong detterent to most.

The problem is rockstar patch an expkoit so people look for more . there's no reason not to find another. If players using the first were banned pretty quick players wouldn't be so keen to find a second.
  • psilocybonaut likes this

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

If you have earned all your money legit they will not take anything. If you have cheated and got some money from that and some legit they will probably take some of your legit money.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

game is basically in a disaster state.  they have to money wipe but they can't because it'll piss off ppl who are legit.  C* is f*cked no matter what they do

NightProwler
  • NightProwler

Nutter with a heart of gold

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

imageedit_1_5536383423.png

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

I stayed in invite only during the billionaire days last year (so that I wouldn't recieve modded money) and I wasn't affected by the money wipes.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

I can confirm this. I hadn't been given money/ glitched and my cash stayed the same after the last wipe.

I assumed almost everyone was gifted some, did either of you 2 have more than $550k when the wipe came down?

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

R* took $850K legit away

This is not true! They left me with roughly $1.2 million. I've already mentioned this before but I think it is necessary to say here again:

Sometime in November I did the LSC sell your car glitch for like $5 million.

Then I was randomly given and by different modders .

I also got two $2 billion bounties that I either split with a friend or a friend split with me.

(my numbers are a little off because I don't have the paper I was using to keep track back then)

Someone on GTAF was pointing out that cheating is cheating and so I got all guilty feeling.

I then went to work repaying the glitch money and I placed all of the modded money along with it in my second character's pocket.

Money wipe happens.

I get online and it looks like I am penniless, until I got on my second character. 

They left the legit $1.2 million that I had on my main character in the pocket of my second character.

Basically, what I am saying is: Don't be fooled into thinking that they can't see your glitched money, because they left me EXACTLY what was legit even though the wipe was supposed to only be for the modded cash.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

I hope they don't bring the rest of us down to 500K because my 9 Million are legit.

To have 8.5M removed because of a few azzholes, would suck.
I would have no choice but to buy cash cards.
So purge away Rockstar. I have a job.
  • AfterAnAsea and State_Trooper like this

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

R* took $850K legit away

They didn't take 800k away, that's what you spent since being given the modded money.

Legion FBG
  • Legion FBG

Rat

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

They may just wipe cash over a certain number again.

Again? Cash was wiped based on your hourly income,not amount. You can only earn X amount of legit money per hour. A simple script pops out accounts that exceed that threshold. If people were not so greedy you could glitch a smaller amount and never get caught. But lets give millions that will be red flagged instead of a much smaller amount that you could actually keep.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

There's been dupe glitches since the first money wipe and theyve done nothing. just because this was a little easier than most doesn't mean they'll do another wipe. I think a ton of legits complained their game was ruined by random gifting last time and that caused the reaction to the money wipe.

or not what the f*ck do I know.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

... Because I believe everyone was affected by the last money wipe, whether you had modded money or not ...

Not true.

My friends weren't gifted any money and they weren't reset.

The only people reset were people who spent more money than they had.

If you had 5 million and spent 10 million then you were reset and given $500,000. In essence you spent up your $5 million.

• xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

xXMunduXx
  • xXMunduXx

Praise Lord Gaben!

• Members
  • Malta

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:10 PM Edited by xXMunduXx, 11 August 2014 - 03:11 PM.

They Won't do sh*t about it. The GTA Online Player base has already diminished if they Wipe more money they will simply loose more players which means less Kesh Kerds.

R* Have failed big time when it comes to preventing exploits from happening and now they can't do sh*t about it other then continuously patching the game and releasing DLC in the hope that some kids go and steal their Parent's Paypal.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by jcph3, 11 August 2014 - 03:42 PM.

R* took $850K legit away

They didn't take 800k away, that's what you spent since being given the modded money.

Well I didn't spend any of it on my main character and that's the one I kept clean, my second character had all the money, I spent hours tranfering it to her pocket.

She didn't spend any of it except trying out all the luxury apartments.

You can believe R* did an case by case evaluation of everyones accounts if you want, and most of us end up with $550K by coincidence.

There were players who never were gifted money and had their balances increased! how did R* figure that?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

I assumed almost everyone was gifted some, did either of you 2 have more than $550k when the wipe came down?
I was saving for a super car at the time and was over 500k. I was spending a lot of time in private lobbies and the few times I did see people giving out money in public lobbies I was lucky enough that they were asking who wanted money and didn't bother me when I didn't reply.

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

If you have modded money and are smart, you'd by everything possibly right now so if money is wiped, it doesn't matter.

• PlasmicSnake likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users