Quantcast

» «
Photo

How has your opinion of GTA V changed over time?

58 replies to this topic

Poll: How has your opinion of GTA V changed over time? (128 member(s) have cast votes)

Since the Trailers?

1. Significantly Improved (27 votes [21.09%])

Percentage of vote: 21.09%

2. Slightly Improved (12 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

3. Stayed Relatively the Same (34 votes [26.56%])

Percentage of vote: 26.56%

4. Slightly Declined (26 votes [20.31%])

Percentage of vote: 20.31%

5. Significantly Declined (29 votes [22.66%])

Percentage of vote: 22.66%

Since First Week of Play?

1. Significantly Improved (18 votes [14.06%])

Percentage of vote: 14.06%

2. Slightly Improved (26 votes [20.31%])

3. Stayed Relatively the Same (26 votes [20.31%])

4. Slightly Declined (21 votes [16.41%])

Percentage of vote: 16.41%

5. Significantly Declined (37 votes [28.91%])

Percentage of vote: 28.91%

How Often Do You Play Now?

1. Very Frequently (29 votes [22.66%])

Percentage of vote: 22.66%

2. Relatively Frequently (33 votes [25.78%])

Percentage of vote: 25.78%

3. Once in a While (40 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

4. Shelved for Good (17 votes [13.28%])

Percentage of vote: 13.28%

5. Sold my Copy (9 votes [7.03%])

Percentage of vote: 7.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Surprisingly these responses are really scattered...

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

Nope, I'm pissed that the game has no heists or criminal activities.  It's a a shiny hollow shell that offers quantity over quality.  Rockstar are a bunch of bitches for selling out.

• tom_p1980, Official General, fac316 and 2 others like this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:40 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 12 August 2014 - 09:43 AM.

I play it about once a week. I've gone back to playing older games as well as picking up newer ones. GTA5/O rarely factors in my gaming life now. Which pales in comparison to GTA4 which I played regularly until the release of GTA5, I gave up playing GTA5 on a regular basis 7-8 months after release.  :/

• fac316 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

Nope, I'm pissed that the game has no heists or criminal activities.

What the hell game were you playing, 'cause it obviously wasn't V. Or are you just another troll?...

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

My opinion didn't change except I had constant problems with my Xbox360, one time I got RRoD, then fixed it, and now I can't even play the game for the last 2 months because xbox says my GTAV files are corrupt or something. So I'm very much pissed at xbox not at game.

Can't wait for the game to come out for PS4 so I can continue playing online and single player once again. Just hope I can transfer my online character from xbox to PS4 easily.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:18 PM Edited by Official General, 12 August 2014 - 12:22 PM.

Nope.

My opinion has not changed since I first played it and finished it. A good game nonetheless, but I'm still disappointed by it, and I still see it as a letdown. It remains my least favorite GTA title out of the main series.

I have played the game only twice this year, my last time around 3 or 4 months ago. That was only to see what the new weapons were like in the updates. I'm waiting to see what the new-gen version will be like, what significant improvements it will have, and what the SP DLC will be like. If all that turns out to be good, I may re-ignite my interest in the game. If not, then it's probably just gonna collect dust on my shelf. 

• TheOtherRyan, Donut and Drunken Cowboy like this

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

---

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

First of all, during the pre release period, my hype for V was ridiculously high. I didn't watch any of those leaked gameplay videos in order to discover everything by myself.

The day it came, I played it something like 6-7 hours, I've really liked it.

I did only one huge playthrough, instead of several barely completed playthrough, and I've truly loved that game.

The story has some flaws, but is not as bad as what the community seems to think. I used to dislike T, but in fact, it's by far the character who fit the best with the GTA gameplay. However I hate Mickael, his story was not that interesting, and the character himself doesn't fit AT ALL with the GTA gameplay.

I think the game itself is not that boring, I'm still having fun playing it on a regular basis almost 1 years after the release.

The biggest flaw of V may come from the lack of cool side activities, this failure prevent it from becoming the best GTA ever.   

Also, I'm very disappointed to see R* so focused on GTA O (which I dislike a lot), but this company is so weird and unpredictable ...  

jimi1990
  • jimi1990

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

At first it was very good but after a week it got  boring and after a month it got very boring and now i barely play.

exactly what happened for me, realised the novelty wore off and that it was an average title

• ShinobiFixer likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

I'm not trolling, GTA: San Andreas has more replayability and criminal activities than this piece of sh*t corporate product.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

The first month I loved the game - I noticed all of the dumbing down that had been done and I didn't like it, but I was enjoying the honeymoon period I guess. But for me, all the dumbing down is why the game now lacks re-playability. The shooting is dumbed down with the lack of recoil and bullet spread. The driving (along with bikes) is dumbed down with the lack of suspension, I mean just look at what happens when you go onto the pavement! And the rubbish vehicle damage too. The melee is dumbed down too imo. It just seems that R* wanted to remove or dumb down anything which added unpredictability to your sessions and thats why i feel the game lacks re-playability. 

• ShinobiFixer, Boxman108, Drunken Cowboy and 1 other like this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

Sadly the game has not significantly improved since my first play and I only play once in a while but luckily, as it's a near 10/10 game, I'm quite happy! :D

Terrell
  • Terrell

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

This game was nothing that Rockstar made it out to be. I tried following pedestrians, and I stuck with 1 for an hour, the chubbier lady that you help get her money back from pick pocketers. Ask she did was walk from the smoke shop, from 7 a.m, all the way north to the beach, then when she got there at 10 p.m, she started walking in endless circular routes, and they didn't even s differ at all. She waked alongside the beach, in a straight line, turned, and started at the end of the beach again. By 7 a.m she was still walking in the same D shaped route. Personal lives my as. Rockstar said this, along with 50 other cool features to be in the game, so how your expectations and current playing experiences could be the same is...... well I wish I could say the same.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

This game was nothing that Rockstar made it out to be. I tried following pedestrians, and I stuck with 1 for an hour, the chubbier lady that you help get her money back from pick pocketers. Ask she did was walk from the smoke shop, from 7 a.m, all the way north to the beach, then when she got there at 10 p.m, she started walking in endless circular routes, and they didn't even s differ at all. She waked alongside the beach, in a straight line, turned, and started at the end of the beach again. By 7 a.m she was still walking in the same D shaped route. Personal lives my as. Rockstar said this, along with 50 other cool features to be in the game, so how your expectations and current playing experiences could be the same is...... well I wish I could say the same.

That was obviously her life. Walking around the beach all day every day. Who are you to judge?

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

I play gta online alot but since finishing all the missions in single player mode I'm just not intrested. I've got the three protagonists making a fortune out of their businesses, they all have millions in cash, they all have cars, planes and boats. WTF more could they want. I still haven't bought the golf club.

• theGTAking101 likes this

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

people will go about their daily lives sort of... just not in a viewable manner

so, people will go to work at certain times and at certain times disapear. certain daily routines spawn only at certain times.

but these are triggered by the game loading and checking what time it is.... so if you follow the same person, they'll never stop walking in circles

but if you turn your back, they'll disapear and 'go do something else'

there is no way the game could ever ever load and keep track of so many real actions

that's why most buildings don't have interiors

why the game usually has 3-4 car types on screen only

and why cars despawn so easily when you turn away

PS3 has absolutely no memory to keep track of it all

i dunno if Rockstar lied about it, i have no idea if they promised it. but it makes sense its not in the game there's no way PS3 could handle the graphics of the game PLUS all that data, it has to choose between 1 or the other

maybe PS4 version will improve this a lot

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

This is GTA, from starting with GTA 2, I was lead to believe their criminal activities would have evolved here in GTA V.  I was expecting PAYDAY 2 level type of heists and committing a plethora of crimes.  

I got nothing of the sort.  f*ck rockstar and I seriously hope someone from that sad sack of sh*t company reads this.

• TheOtherRyan and Drunken Cowboy like this

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

Trailer I was like "BADASS GRAPHICS THAT WILL BE AWESOME"

Playing it was like "Yeah ok... mhmm yeah ok... Yoga... fk u too R*"

Still liked it but after 3 days actually it was boring (story finished, 80% or sth)

and I didn't feel like doing stuff in GTA V... because I couldn't do stuff in GTA V.

I didn't sold my copy, since its CE's and it was totally worth the money, I mean,

the Game is really good, but not so good as promised. Waiting now for PC/Ps4

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by TheFunkyBunch, 13 August 2014 - 09:57 PM.

i rate it Higher now   i rushed Through it and that really ruined it for me but after 2 other times playing through it i can see it really is a highly enjoyable game yes the Story and Narrative is a step down From Gta IV + Episodes but its still a Brilliant game the Missions are for the most part Fantastic the world Is Beautiful and the Character Switching mechanic despite having pros and Cons was still a Unique idea that for the Most part Worked well and Immersed  Me in the Game  even More its remains a great Entry into the Series and quite a Revolutionary step in Open World Gaming.

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

I didn't have sky high expections for the game, and the result was that I was neither dissappointed or overwhelmed with joy when I finally got to play the game (though I was of course extremely hyped pre-launch). The game is still as good now as it was 11 months ago, but naturally, you start playing it less and less as you finish more of it. I'm still waiting on heists for GTA Online, now that is a part of the game that I never had high expectations of.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

I had really high expectations before the game and they were meet. Besides if they did make a sh*t ton of side activities barley any of them would be played. I really enjoy exploring role playing and just use your imagination. Lol that sounds gay

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

If anything, this game was the kick in the pants I needed to swear off fanboying over trailers and pre-ordering games for good.

Even a company that I fully trusted disappointed me pretty hard...

• Official General, Donut and josephene123 like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

The basic game isn't good either.
So much time has passed since pre-ordering the game, but the single player has seen no major changes.

How am I supposed to know from the trailers that the many interiors, as seen in the past, are going to stay as exteriors for so long?
Console limitations? Or the GTA:O was the selling point?
If I had to just play this incomplete "work in progress" version & that they were ultimately releasing on next-gen, then I'd have simply chose to buy for PC, just like few others, who actually did the best thing by waiting for the game to arrive as the ultimate experience with fresh feeling altogether, without the feeling of being cheated.

calvooo
  • calvooo

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

First of all, during the pre release period, my hype for V was ridiculously high. I didn't watch any of those leaked gameplay videos in order to discover everything by myself.

The day it came, I played it something like 6-7 hours, I've really liked it.

I did only one huge playthrough, instead of several barely completed playthrough, and I've truly loved that game.

The story has some flaws, but is not as bad as what the community seems to think. I used to dislike T, but in fact, it's by far the character who fit the best with the GTA gameplay. However I hate Mickael, his story was not that interesting, and the character himself doesn't fit AT ALL with the GTA gameplay.

I think the game itself is not that boring, I'm still having fun playing it on a regular basis almost 1 years after the release.

The biggest flaw of V may come from the lack of cool side activities, this failure prevent it from becoming the best GTA ever.   

Also, I'm very disappointed to see R* so focused on GTA O (which I dislike a lot), but this company is so weird and unpredictable ...  

+1 I agree with that. The game is very improved; detailed graphics, great map and so on. And i can say it will be better on next gen & PC. 

GTAV looks like unfinished game.. there is so many things (free space) that they can do for improving the game. 

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Before release during the endless trailers, I was the happiest and hypest guy in the world... literally watched the trailers nonstop every damn day even put it through the speakers in the living room through bluetooth often to the point where it became a normal thing and everyone else that was in the house at the time would enjoy it as well.

After release, f*cking lol. Played it for hours until I can finally beat the game, and each day.. I was worried because of how forgettable the story was getting as soon as Trevor gets to Los Santos. It was pathetic, and once I finally beat the game I actually quoted Trevor... "So now what?" and I STILL ask myself that to this day after all the hours I've put into Online. Worst singleplayer in the series, and overall the game is definitely on my bottom list in the series as well.

Where is it now? Honestly it's still inside my PS3, due to the fact that I only purchase digital games since it became a trend on the PSN store years ago, I literally have only around 8 physical games now after I sold most of them pre-release of GTA V. How often do I play it? About once or twice a week, possibly 3 times every 2 weeks. Not often at all compared to other games. If I wasn't in a crew, I would have sold that game back in January.

• Tycek, josephene123 and Kampret like this

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

Decreased slightly, because I was a guy that expected a lot going in. I've still got my money's worth, and I'm still enjoying Online, but I won't lie that I expected more to do in the World. It becomes pretty dull after doing all of the Missions, finding the Spaceship and Letter Scraps was a good addition though, rather than the Packages. 

I thought it was the best game ever on Day 1 though, but then everyone did. The way it opened was amazing, the Prologue mission really got me hyped up too much.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Did anyone's opinion go up? on my first playthrough I rushed through the story but secondl playthrough I took my time really soaked everything in. Then I realized what a truly amazing game it is IMO

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

Did anyone's opinion go up? on my first playthrough I rushed through the story but secondl playthrough I took my time really soaked everything in. Then I realized what a truly amazing game it is IMO

Lol I do admire your zeal and tenacity. 

• Drunken Cowboy and Kampret like this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

I play it about once a week. I've gone back to playing older games as well as picking up newer ones. GTA5/O rarely factors in my gaming life now. Which pales in comparison to GTA4 which I played regularly until the release of GTA5, I gave up playing GTA5 on a regular basis 7-8 months after release.  :/

D!TTO, actually going to sell my copy of V and my PS3 to save up for a PS4. I plan on buying it mainly for MGSV, I'll either get the next gen of V when A.) I come back to the forums and its an actual improverment. or B.) To kill time before GTA VI. @ first I loved this game, but after 2nd and 3rd playthru's the games shallow story/missions/media/jokes became apparant. add to the fact R* sold out w/ the online aspect taking front and center. the bait and switch strategy of "in a few weeks or so" just to have MP3 shoved down our throats. The amount of missions on GTAO compared to SP really depresses me. ESP w/ just a whopping 69 main missions. But adding to the fact our copies of V are mere "BETA's" sours me out the most.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

nothing has changed over time since all my predictions about the game came true

there is nothing rockstar can add in a dlc that will have me at a " WOW " moment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users