Quantcast

» «
Photo

How has your opinion of GTA V changed over time?

58 replies to this topic

Poll: How has your opinion of GTA V changed over time? (128 member(s) have cast votes)

Since the Trailers?

1. Significantly Improved (27 votes [21.09%])

Percentage of vote: 21.09%

2. Slightly Improved (12 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

3. Stayed Relatively the Same (34 votes [26.56%])

Percentage of vote: 26.56%

4. Slightly Declined (26 votes [20.31%])

Percentage of vote: 20.31%

5. Significantly Declined (29 votes [22.66%])

Percentage of vote: 22.66%

Since First Week of Play?

1. Significantly Improved (18 votes [14.06%])

Percentage of vote: 14.06%

2. Slightly Improved (26 votes [20.31%])

3. Stayed Relatively the Same (26 votes [20.31%])

4. Slightly Declined (21 votes [16.41%])

Percentage of vote: 16.41%

5. Significantly Declined (37 votes [28.91%])

Percentage of vote: 28.91%

How Often Do You Play Now?

1. Very Frequently (29 votes [22.66%])

Percentage of vote: 22.66%

2. Relatively Frequently (33 votes [25.78%])

Percentage of vote: 25.78%

3. Once in a While (40 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

4. Shelved for Good (17 votes [13.28%])

Percentage of vote: 13.28%

5. Sold my Copy (9 votes [7.03%])

Percentage of vote: 7.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

Just a simple curiosity. It seems like a lot more threads have been relatively critical of the game as we near year's anniversary. 

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Nope still love it best game ever IMO loved the trailers loved it since release love it now
  • Fuzzknuckles, Luna Lovegood, Romarique and 6 others like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:20 AM Edited by ViceCityStalker, 11 August 2014 - 11:20 AM.

At one point during the first and 2nd trailer I guess I just sort of ran out of jizz and my feelings for the game have stayed the same from then to now.I am however looking to enjoy it the way it was meant to be played at some time in the future,I guess the same time I do that my jizz factory will be full of love for it again.

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:29 AM Edited by FEAR THE SATURN, 11 August 2014 - 11:29 AM.

At first it was very good but after a week it got  boring and after a month it got very boring and now i barely play.

• jimi1990 likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

I loved GTA V the first couple of weeks, but then its flaws started coming through and has pretty much remained the same for me. A good, but disappointing game in many ways.
  • sqre, Official General, Choco Taco and 17 others like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

Used to love it, and then I played IV on my friend's X360 and it reminds me how awesome IV's driving physics was. And then I started to replay IV from scratch, and then I realized, V was disappointing for me if it was compared to IV. Sure V got some good graphics and smooth movements, but experience wise? No,

• MiamiViceCity, sqre, Kevert and 4 others like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

I loved GTA V the first couple of weeks, but then its flaws started coming through and has pretty much remained the same for me. A good, but disappointing game in many ways.

Pretty much this exactly.
  • MiamiViceCity and sqre like this

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:58 PM Edited by Secura, 11 August 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Not that much if I'm honest, I loved GTA V and still do, it's an amazing game and anyone who's truly disappointed let their hype get the better of them, GTA V exceeds in so many places and areas where others have failed, and as much as I adore GTA IV I acknowledge and admit that in many ways GTA V is simply better than it. While GTA IV's narrative remains the king, almost every other aspect of the game has improved in a noticeable way and if I failed to acknowledge that then I'm afraid I simply wouldn't be able to consider myself a GTA fan.

To summarize, I loved it at the time of release, and although I play it a little less often now I still love it as even though it's not perfect, it's still an absolutely fantastic game worthy of reverence and remembrance.

• Kalerney likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

When GTA 5 was announced to be in Los Santos, in my head i knew it wouldn't live up to IV for me. IV had a dark and gritty feel which i love in my games and movies. Hearing LS made me think (and eventually know for a fact) that it was going to be a wackier game and basically the complete opposite of IV. Which is fine, in theory. I loved San Andreas, not as much as IV, but it's still my second favorite GTA. Once i saw the trailers for V, i did get more stoked than i was before, but once the game was actually in my hands; i was disappointed. To be specific, when Michael meets Franklin - the game starts to go slowly downhill. The way the two meet is so forced and it annoyed me in my first playthrough. Then, Trevor enters the mix and the game completely hits rock bottom. I played the game 3 times. In the first, i chose ending A because i thought F would die in ending C. I was wrong, so i redid the game for a second playthrough to get the actual ending. The last time i replayed the game was to maximize money from the heists. I don't see myself ever playing the singleplayer again (unless we get actual DLC). I still play GTA Online once a week or so.

My opinion. Obviously.

• Smoke Cat, don ovdi' island, VIce City Again and 1 other like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

During the time of the first playthrough my opinion was pretty much the same (not better than IV, but still good). Unfortunately I started to realise the flaws of the game and during the second time I really grew tired or this game. Completing it for the 100% (which was impossible during first time due to a bug) almost turned into terrible chore. Right now I'm fed up with R* crappy ideas and ways to grab more money from my and other people's pockets.

To be honest I'm waiting for the said add-on, because it may change my opinion about the game (from strong dislike into something more pleasant), but seeing it may be more FIB/IAA/Merryweather/Zombie crap I'll very likely sell the game. I don't want to keep crap on my shelves if only reason for it will be collecting dust. 

• Official General, fac316 and Payne like this

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:28 PM Edited by Voggens, 04 November 2014 - 03:55 PM.

Back in pre-release time, I was one of those who thought it will be the best game ever made, I even defended it and talked sh*t about other unreleased games such as Watch_Dogs, thinking it was a GTA wannabe, I didn't liked that game at first in 2012, I was excited for GTA V.

First couple of weeks playing were good, not perfect but good, I still remember the first day, playing as Franklin I found a water line outside LS and followed it and followed on foot until it got bigger and I was swimming in ragdoll mode, I arrived to the desert in that way (it was almost a nightmare), found a bike, explored the highway, I was a bit sick at that moment so I stopped playing for that day. I used to love the game until I started noticing the differences between Trailer and the version we got, the atmosphere, the flaws, felt totally different. Didn't felt better than playing IV, at all. Story was short, characters got a bit boring fast, I finished it in two weeks, I finished IV in 4 months because I enjoyed roaming in the city more than playing the story in those times (2010).

Now my disappointment heavily increased, I keep thinking of what it could've been, waiting for more New Gen details, playing almost an hour per week, getting bored of the same. It's going to be a year now, time flies.

• Official General, josephene123, VIce City Again and 1 other like this

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

This

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Stopped playing ...completely, in short.
  • fac316 likes this

SKOGS-SKUMMISEN
  • SKOGS-SKUMMISEN

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

Yeah it's good dawg smooth and nice just like my di....diressing shirt

VIce City Again
  • VIce City Again

V is on PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

If they would have focused more on single player instead of stupid online, I would have enjoyed it more.

Haven't played the game in 4 months, tbh.

• GTA_fear, Kevert, fac316 and 2 others like this

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:07 PM Edited by Cyper, 11 August 2014 - 02:08 PM.

I don't play anymore. I find Singleplayer quite boring, driving and shooting horrible, among other things.

• GTA_fear, fac316, Donut and 3 others like this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

I still love it, but I've played through the story three times so it'll be quite a while before I play it again.

As for online...meh. I played it once and never went back to it. I wanted to try it even though online gaming doesn't appeal to me very much.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

My opinion. Obviously.

What have we talked about!? Lol.

OT: I love the game, but haven't played in a while. I'm waiting for the PC version to come out.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Up and down. I was hyped before the release, satisfied during the first playthrough/first couple of weeks, then the game's flaws started becoming more and more apparent and I ended up being disappointed. I've sort of appreciated the game for what it is during the second playthrough, but now, pretty much all I see is flaws again. Borrowed it to a friend, and I don't miss it at all, to be honest.

• fac316, Donut and josephene123 like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:38 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 11 August 2014 - 04:39 PM.

Nope still love it best game ever IMO loved the trailers loved it since release love it now

Lol i dont know whether this is just being sarcastic or just joking :lol:...but same bro :)

heroe
  • heroe

V

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

For some reason the game was awesome until Michael met Trevor, then all the FIB stuff came in, and the game to me became worse as I continued.
  • sqre likes this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

I seem to be the only who liked the fib parts I liked the idea of working for the fib while consistently attacking a private army

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

1. Slightly Declined

2. Slightly Improved

3. Shelved for Good

I seem to be the only who liked the fib parts I liked the idea of working for the fib while consistently attacking a private army

Please for f*ck's sake, use commas and dots.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

To be quite honest I really didn't like GTA V at first because without a doubt Rockstar did many things differently (corrupt goverment stuff no gangs, multiple protagonists, scripted missions...)

I played it once and thats it then after almost a year I played it again to give it a second chance and was more open minded this time around (not like many do: its not the same as SA --> bullsh*t GTA, no gangs--> not a real GTA) and I really liked it and enjoyed the story a lot more

I especially liked the relationship of the three protatgonists and how it evolved

Still the game has flaws (weak antagonists, focus on online) and I would have enjoyed gangs still more than corrupt goverment but now looking back its definitely my second favourite GTA!!

But people who say that its the best game ever.... definitely not maybe with a longer story and more activities maybe even another city

something groundbreaking had to happen but it didn't 

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

Still having a blast since day one! Still lovin' Los Santos, baby.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

I still play it frequently. I have more fun with it than 4.

I'm always Trevor when I do stuff in Singleplayer, otherwise it's Online.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

even though I liked the game I'm not sure it was working

they were forced to the stuff and treated like bitches

thats definitely one of the few flaws of the game

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

I think my hype mode from the excellent trailers wore off the first day of play. I got the game on ky way home and marathon'd it until Trevor killed my favorite characters for no apparent reason and I quit for a while.
During those Franklin and Michael parts I was realizing thag the game did little to resemble the trailers and screenshots. The lighting and graphical detail didn't match at all, which I found somewhat forgivable since I don't emphasize much importance over graphics in games. However, what changed for me the most is that San Andreas seemed so much more empty than it eluded to in the trailers. The grand and sprawling Los Santos was smaller, more bland, and less detailed than Liberty City. No real interesting or character-filled sights to behold. I was also really looking forward to the sprawling and majestic deserts, forests, and mountain ranges shown in the trailer... then I realized Sandy Shores was such a tiny strip of undetailed desert surrounded by horribly rendered and untraversable mountains.
And of course, the story, writing, gameplay, missions, and characters had no strength to redeem the dissappointment that came from the world. Online was a fun novelty but suffers from it's cash-limited fun ceiling and a miserably bad community. Sold my copy a couple months back.
  • GTA_fear, fac316, Donut and 2 others like this

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

I think my awe of the 'Heist' story and immersion of the game world decrease slowly....

Around the first Heist, my immersion and awe with what I thought was possible in GTA V was pretty crazy... I think you could eventually plan your own free roam Heists, blow up gas stations to affect stock prices, have gang wars or do trucker missions. 

But overall my appreciation for the game has went up because despite the features being smaller than I expected, the world is better and more detailed than I expected. So overall I'd say my opinion increase a bit. It change a lot because the game was a bit different than I expected but the overall quality is better than I thought.

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

Story was boring then,it bores me now.

Online however, i will probably play until the next installment, just like i did with GTA IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users