Getting the Rhino without cheats

18 replies to this topic
oddsox
  • oddsox

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

I watched a youtube video where the guy flew into Fort Baxter and took the Rhino but every time I try it the Rhino hasnt been spawned, I also noticed that the person had not done the Love Fist missions either so Im guessing that completing the story isnt a factor that plays in the spawning of the Rhino. I also do not want to kill cops to get 6 wanted stars because I get killed every time. No I do not cheat, keep that in mind.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

You'll need to complete a certain higher number of hidden packages in order for the Tank to spawn in Fort Baxter, and also the Hunter Helicopter.

oddsox
  • oddsox

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

You'll need to complete a certain higher number of hidden packages in order for the Tank to spawn in Fort Baxter, and also the Hunter Helicopter.

How many? I already have the Hunter there from beating the game.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

80 or 90 I believe Hidden Packages gets you the Tank in Fort Baxter.

oddsox
  • oddsox

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

80 or 90 I believe Hidden Packages gets you the Tank in Fort Baxter.

Ok thanks, time to go hunting for some packages :sui:

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Once you get the Tank to spawn in Fort Baxter, it's very easy to steal it, you just run in right through the front gate, and the Tank is right there in front of you to steal, but don't hesitate cuz the Army has M4's and will kill you quickly if you wait around.  Just run in, tap Triangle to get into the Tank and drive out.  Very easy stuff.

You might as well get ALL of the Hidden Packages in the game anyways, since you're already gonna need to get 80 or 90, might as well get the last 10-20 of them, too.  Better yet, go for 100%, lol

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

You can also go ontop of the pay'n spray in lottle haiti, get 6 stars, let the soldiers get out of the tank, get a car in the pay'n spray and take the tank afterwards.
Or do the same but instead of the pay'n spray, do it at hyman condo or so.
After getting it save the game and reload.
Enjoy ;)

oddsox
  • oddsox

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Once you get the Tank to spawn in Fort Baxter, it's very easy to steal it, you just run in right through the front gate, and the Tank is right there in front of you to steal, but don't hesitate cuz the Army has M4's and will kill you quickly if you wait around.  Just run in, tap Triangle to get into the Tank and drive out.  Very easy stuff.

You might as well get ALL of the Hidden Packages in the game anyways, since you're already gonna need to get 80 or 90, might as well get the last 10-20 of them, too.  Better yet, go for 100%, lol

I have the cop uniform at the police station so that wont be hard at all.

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

To unlock the tank, you need to collect 90 hidden packages. To unlock the hunter, you need to collect all 100 hidden packages. To not get shot by Army, use the cop outfit. Hope this helped. :^:

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:30 AM Edited by Osho, 14 August 2014 - 08:27 AM.

You have to collect 90 Hidden Packages to unlock the Rhino or spawn plenty of them by facing the 6 stars!!! You could also wait till the mission "Copland" and benefit from wearing the Police Uniform to avoid any soldiers shooting at you while entering Fort Baxter! The thing to note about hghest wanted levels is that you will receive 6 stars after completing the mission "Rub out". After you have completed this mission, you can now activate a 6 star wanted rating. Collecting the Hidden packages seems the only way to have the Rhino early!

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:29 AM Edited by Nukey Shay, 14 August 2014 - 09:37 AM.

To unlock the Ft. Baxter Hunter, you can get all 100 packages *or* complete the storyline.  Can't remember, but both must be done to unlock the secondary spawn point IIRC (next to the Southernmost building on the East island).

Obtaining a Rhino without 90 packages or a 6-star wanted level is only possible in the mission "Sir, Yes Sir!" for Cortez...but you'll need to fail the mission if you want to keep that one.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Hunter appears on the helipad in Ocean Beach where you first start the game out at but you need to finish one of the missions closer to the end of the story, OR you actually have to finish the story, I can't remember exactly.  All I know is I am 100%, so I know it's there.

Yeah, it's probably best to not fail any missions just for a Tank that is always spawnable in Fort Baxter, once 90 Packages have been collected, and imo, 100 Hidden Packages are easy in these games.  In SA collectables suck, same with IV and V, but when it comes to GTA III, VC, LCS, and VCS + TLaD/TBoGT, collectables are no problems and can be all obtained in a few hours during a single day using a Youtube Guide...

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

You get the Hunter at that helipad ONLY if you completed Keep your friends close... AND ALL 100 hidden packages :/

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

I know some of this was touched on above.... but just want to clarify.

Failed missions don't hurt anything-- so to get the Rhino early in the game--- you need to own the hyman condo downtown.... in the mission "sir yes sir" for Cortez where you steal and deliver the Rhino-- instead of delivering it, reverse the turret and fire it to get it going fast enough to drive to the condo and park it in your big garage (one on your left)-- drive it all the way to the back exit and move far enough away so the tank is visible but the garage door is open-- let the tank blow up and the mission fail will show.. move away from the door so it closes, move close to it again and the garage will heal the blown up tank... now save.

Another way I've done is I believe after the mission Shake down-- where the game will allow you to obtain 6 stars--- you need to go crazy killing a the mansion til you get 6 stars... staying on the property go next to the wall (only regular cops will spawn at the mansion so don't worry about swat or fbi agents spawning) and wait til a tank appears and gets close to you location.... then grab the "pill" located directly in front of the mansion near the wall--- this is adrenaline and will "slow down time" for a short period of time-- you can then jump the wall, run up to the tank and the soldier will get out, kill him and jump in and drive off... once again I would drive to the Hyman condo and park it there and save immediately-- I've done this several times-- it is somewhat difficult but can be done.

Spuds

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

You can get 6 stars after Sir, yes sir...

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

I can more often then not get a Rhino just by getting 6 stars (no 90 packages)  

Once you can get all 6 stars, get an Uzi with lots of ammo, full health and armour. Head to Sunshine Autos and get the 6 stars by killing peds then cops. Eventually the Rhino will appear and once they stop driving around, they tend to pull up outside the building near the Deluxo spot.

You can keep running up and down the curved part of Sunshine Autos to lure the cops/army out of the vehicles. It takes time but they will come after you on foot. 

One the army members get out of the Rhino either kill them or run to the Rhino and drive away. Then collect bribes or garage it and save.  

This can be done in other locations but Sunshine Autos gives good cover. You can pot-shot people from the top floor. 

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:08 AM

You can get 6 stars after Sir, yes sir...

According to our former resident expert on reading the game code...

5 Stars is unlocked by completing "Guardian Angels"

6 Stars is unlocked by completing "Rub out"

http://gtaforums.com...l/#entry3397121

This is of course pulled from the code of the PC version.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

A little late, but you can also snipe drivers out of a Rhino if you have sights on them through the Rhinos viewport (this is a good challenge). Momentarily torching a Rhino with a Molotov or flamethrower also makes a good alternative than just running up to an occupied one. For a starter save, it's possible to use a Packer to jump a Rhino obtained from Ft. Baxter over the bridge railing next to the film studio...but the only garage on the beach island big enough to store it is the one near Pole Position (and you'd need to push it out on foot if you ever want to use one stored there).

CarlsonRe
  • CarlsonRe

''It's no problem to kill you.''

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:45 PM Edited by CarlsonRe, 29 September 2015 - 07:46 PM.

Ok, this strategy I just found out even possible on mobile with bad controls. Get sunshine autos and get to the roof. Start a rampage with a m4/m60. Wait for 6 stars. Tanks are starting to come and spawn. Kill all the people, optionally get the MP5 to use a trick I thought out to duplicate it for free (maybe someone found out first) to get a MP5 without buying one and then get quickly in the garage. Save and everything is ok. You may continue with the rampage if you want :D

Tanks for coming man!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users