117 replies to this topic
Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:23 AM Edited by Secura, 11 August 2014 - 08:27 AM.

You do not get to define what is a "true" NFS game, because it's an oxymoron, it doesn't exist. It comes down entirely to personal preference and subjectivity, it is not something that can be discussed objectively, nor can you provide any empirical evidence that would conclusively make your statements correct and others' wrong. You want to talk about progression-based NFS games? Talk about them, but you are not given the right to dictate the discussion in a thread with such an obviously misleading title.

Oh and three things buddy, first off stop using and capitalizing the word progression, progression implies progress and progress in a game like NFS isn't really something that you can judge on a gameplay level, you can really only progress by winning races as that's the whole point of the freaking series. So stop and think for a second before you try and enforce your blatantly wrong opinion on what progression-based gameplay means, as it can mean pretty much anything that allows the player to move or progress from one unspecified area of gameplay to another.

Secondly, stop leaving massive spaces between your posts, you leave exactly one freakin' space between paragraphs, doing otherwise makes your posts hard to read and lessens your credibility. Seriously, just stop it. Oh and lastly? Stop using BB code in your posts, it's annoying as all hell and no-one, not even Android knows what you're talking about.

• t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m, Banks., Ermac and 2 others like this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:35 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 11 August 2014 - 10:07 AM.

As I've already said.

anyone who knows a thing about the NFS series knows it's hard to categorise them.

First gen is the first NFS up to Hot Pursuit 2. Hot Pursuit 2 is the first made by Black Box.
NFS Underground by Black Box, up until ProStreet. ProStreet is by Black Box, same gameplay but track based. Hot Pursuit by Criterion, different era. The Run is black box but different era.

You can't just group them up. As an NFS fan you're all claiming to be, UNDERSTAND this, and quit whining.

Since none of you seem to actually know about tne NFS series, here's the list and see if you can categorise them without being disagreed with.

The Need for Speed
Need for Speed II
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: High Stakes
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 [FIRST BY BLACK BOX]
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: ProStreet
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Nitro
Need for Speed: World
Need for Speed: Nitro-X
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed Rivals

There, go on. Categorise them flawlessly. And name them.

I guarantee it'll contradict what you've said before, or there will be outliers.

The list I go with

Classic Era: Original NFS up to Hot Pursuit 2
Progression Era: Underground up to Undercover
Exotic Era: Hot Pursuit, The Run, Most Wanted, Rivals

but APPARENTLY, the Progression era isn't a thing because it doesn't include your original NFS games. Come up with a better name then.

Underground era? Nope, that doesn't inlude ProStreet and Undercover. Different characters.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:47 AM Edited by Secura, 11 August 2014 - 08:50 AM.

So? Do you know how many different developers series like COD, Fallout or Far Cry have had? Plenty, but when there's a general discussion area about the series we don't try to categorize them because there is no need, who it was made by, when it was made, what it was made for has no impact on whether or not it is part of the NFS franchise, the only thing that does is whether or not it has the NFS logo on the game, if it does, talk about it, if not then this isn't the place for such discussion. Just because you feel the need to segregate the community doesn't mean we all do, I'm sure Android, GW, and Yolo would be fine discussing the aspects of each and every NFS game including the new ones and not excluding the older ones.

Have you ever thought why it is so hard to categorize them? Because you're not supposed to, it's the logical equivalent of looking for the meaning of life behind your fridge, because chances are it's not going to be there and the likelihood is that's not what you're meant to do in order for you to both find and understand it, I hope the analogy I've just given you is sufficient enough for you to realize that just because the gameplay, and developers vary drastically, a game is a still a part of the series if it carries the title Need For Speed and therefore can be and really should be discussed here without anyone trying to categorize or ascertain what a "true" NFS game is.

• Android likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:55 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 11 August 2014 - 09:01 AM.

Seems like you're desperately trying to justify your opinion, despite it being an entirely stupid opinion.

NFS is split up into groups. That's just a fact. If you play NFS, any NFS, you should understand your NFS is different to everybody elses.

I hate Most Wanted 2012, Rivals and Hot Pursuit. Lots can agree with me. 4.5 million sales.

Splitting NFS up into groups is just the way it is. Every other NFS community splits them up. It's not perfect, that's just the way it is.

Lots of exotic fans hate Underground fans. Underground fans don't like the exotic games.

If you were a genuine fan of the NFS series, whichever games it may be, you would understand that.

It's fine to not know a lot about NFS, but jeez, stop pretending to.

Also, I just read back again and WOW, that is some serious bullsh*t.

Go into a Fallout thread. You WILL see an argument. Several arguments. Black Isle Fans vs Obsidian fans vs Bethesda fans. 3D fans hate isometric. Isometric hate 3D. Obsidian fans call Fallout 3's storyline sh*te, Fallout 3 fans say NV's world is empty. There ARE arguments.

Go into a Call of Duty forum. Infinity Ward fans like the Modern Warfare series more and call the others sh*te, COD4 fans call everything other than COD4 sh*t, Pre-cod4 fans call everything other than what they like sh*t. BlackOps is better than Black Ops 2, Black Ops 2 is better than Black Ops, everything. There ARE arguments.

Go into Far Cry discussions. People who like Far Cry3 call FC2 sh*t because it focuses on realism.

Different people like different things. just because they have the same name slapped onto them doesn't make it the same thing.

 dice
  •  dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Server SAMP 2009

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

"I don't like this game and my opinions just became facts. Deal with it"
-Lazyboy.
  • AndyGanteks, Finite, Banks. and 5 others like this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

This topic f*cking sucks! I honestly don't see the point.
  • Android and Coin like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

Such potential gone down the drain.

All you have to do is add the original NFS games in here and everything will be hunky dory.

• Android likes this

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Such potential gone down the drain.

All you have to do is add the original NFS games in here and everything will be hunky dory.

BUT MUH PROGRESSION!!11!

• GunWrath likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

Wow. Just wow.

Literally none of you have ever been in any other NFS communities?

EVERY SINGLE ONE splits it up.

NFS Unlimited has separate sections for every game, aside from NFS to HP2, which is under one section called "Older NFS Games"
GTPlanet has one section called "Need for Speed", with individual threads for each game
BPA has one Need for Speed section, individual threads for each game.
NFSTheories have it split into "Classic (NFS-HP2)", "Open World-Era (Underground to Undercover)" and "Frostbite Era"

It's not just me who splits them up. Every other NFS community splits it up. Because that's just how it is, you can't argue that.
Do I go into FIFA threads and tell everyone else they're wrong despite me knowing f*ck all about FIFA?
Nope.

Oh, here's an idea. Since NFS games should be in one thread, what's the point in GTAForums?
Let's just have one big thread called "Grand Theft Auto".

Yeah, exactly. That's what I thought.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:26 AM Edited by Secura, 11 August 2014 - 09:26 AM.

The difference being that the entire forums were created with the purpose of discussing Grand Theft Auto, if you'd like to continue using logic that a three-year-old could dismantle with relative ease find the NFS forums.

Good God, you're stupid.

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

"Yeah, exactly. That's what I thought."

You sound like one of those elementary school children.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:33 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 11 August 2014 - 09:39 AM.

GTPlanet, BPA, pretty much every other forum that discusses NFS does not group them into one. They're not NFS Forums, they're forums started for other things, which then made threads for NFS.

Seriously, your logic is completely f*cking flawed yet you still argue for it.

Look at Gaming Chat. Look, a thread for Fallout NV. A thread for Fallout 3.
Oh, look, Battlefield 4. That should be in one big thread called Battlefield.
Skyrim? needs Elder Scrolls thread
Mass Effect 4? needs to be in Mass Effect thread

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

You made the thread you twat, you named it Need For Speed General, congratulations are in order I suppose, seeing as you have effectively made yourself look like even more of an idiot.

• t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m, Banks., GunWrath and 1 other like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Topic of the year.

• t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m, the young hooligan and Android like this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:27 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 11 August 2014 - 10:29 AM.

You made the thread you twat, you named it Need For Speed General, congratulations are in order I suppose, seeing as you have effectively made yourself look like even more of an idiot.

You're the one arguing that unrelated games should be in one thread, you twat, not me.

NFS Underground, Most Wanted, Carbon, they're all one group of games. If you like Most Wanted, chances are you'll like Carbon.

Elder Scrolls games are completely different. Some like Skyrim more than Oblivion, some like Morrowind, whatever. Generally people don't get along.

Are you for real?

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

They are related because they share the same name. they are part of the series, you made a topic with a title that doesn't specify anything. The Elder Scrolls games are actually quite similar and can all easily be discussed in the same area, but that's digressing, fact is you made the thread, you named the thread, and now you're angry at people for posting about Need For Speed games in a Need For Speed thread.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

They are related because they share the same name. they are part of the series, you made a topic with a title that doesn't specify anything. The Elder Scrolls games are actually quite similar and can all easily be discussed in the same area, but that's digressing, fact is you made the thread, you named the thread, and now you're angry at people for posting about Need For Speed games in a Need For Speed thread.

Wow, you seriously have no clue, do you?

There are Elder Scrolls threads everywhere, people argue about which is better. It's not a friendly debate like with the Progression Era NFS games, it's people arguing and saying their game is better.

You're posting about Need for Speed Classic Era in a Need for Speed Progression Era thread. The two are entirely different. Should I post about Fallout 3 in the New Vegas thread?

Nope? Exactly.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

My favourite NFS is definitely the original most wanted! Porsche unleashed is still really close to my heart though!

• Android likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:24 AM Edited by Secura, 11 August 2014 - 11:25 AM.

Wow, you seriously have no clue, do you?

There are Elder Scrolls threads everywhere, people argue about which is better. It's not a friendly debate like with the Progression Era NFS games, it's people arguing and saying their game is better.

You're posting about Need for Speed Classic Era in a Need for Speed Progression Era thread. The two are entirely different. Should I post about Fallout 3 in the New Vegas thread?

Nope? Exactly.

Last post for you kiddo. You named the thread, the thread doesn't specify sh*t and I see no reason considering you named the thread such an all-encompassing name why it all can't be discussed here, once again, stop trying to segregate, differentiate and the like and give up.

E: Also take a look at the FNV thread, use the search function, tell me how many times you see Fallout 3 and Fallout NV compared. To use your own little quip against you: Exactly.

• tuareg likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:34 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 11 August 2014 - 11:35 AM.

Wow, you think it's just me that "segregates" the community? No, the commuity segregates itself. You don't put Classic fans and Progression fans in the same thread. The two are entirely different, how many f*cking times must I mention this?

You know f*ck all about Need for Speed, fair enough, but don't roll into a thread and think you're right. Go to ANY other NFS community, suggest that Classic and Progression fans be put in the same thread and you'll get laughed straight out the door.

Name slightly misleading? Yeah, whatever. Look at the OP. Read it.
I find it odd how you can type paragraphs upon paragraphs of sh*te yet you can't read a few extra words and know what a topic's about?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

You're still not understanding where we're coming from.

You made a GENERAL DISCUSSION topic for NFS yet cancel out some of them. That makes absolutely no sense.

• tuareg, t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m, Finite and 5 others like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 11 August 2014 - 11:51 AM.

Most Wanted (2012)'s car customization was utter sh*t.

• Android likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Hot Pursuit 2 and Most Wanted are my favorites and I still play them from time to time. I remember I spent hours playing them, even unlocked everything once.

I still remember the first time I played Most Wanted. First car I got was a Punto and ended with a Carrera GT lol

I also played both Undergrounds, Carbon, ProStreet and 2010's Hot Pursuit. Haven't really finished ProStreet yet because I'm a total noob and this is a bit too hard. They were all fun though and I really liked how the story of Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon connected together.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 11 August 2014 - 12:52 PM.

You're still not understanding where we're coming from.

You made a GENERAL DISCUSSION topic for NFS yet cancel out some of them. That makes absolutely no sense.

No, I made a general discussion topic for the progression based NFS games. Read the OP.

go make an NFS classic topic if you want to talk about how you drove you supercar along a straight road, with everyone else who drove a supercar along a straight road.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, you've never played the early NFS games. I can tell.

• Android likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

You done yet? Any more off-topic crap?

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

May I discuss Porsche Unleashed?
  • tuareg and  dice like this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

^ That's NFS Classic Era.

I'll make a Classic topic and ask mods to rename this topic.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

Now you've come to your senses.

YAY, WE GET OUR OWN NON PROGRESSIVE NFS TOPIC!!

• Android likes this

Coin
  • Coin

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 11 August 2014 - 01:19 PM.

I don't really see the need to separate them. You wouldn't have the "progression era" (lol) without the success of the "classic era".

• Android likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users