Pay to Play GTA Online

190 replies to this topic
mr toasterbutt
  • mr toasterbutt

poppin'

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

What exactly is preventing modders and glitchers from bypassing the $5 fee and modding/glitching the game anyway?

What exactly is preventing modders and glitchers from paying the $5 fee and modding/glitching the game anyway?

The idea behind this is that since everyone would be paying regularly Online would vastly improve since R* would have much more incentive to stomp these out in their roots and fix the sh!ty servers as well.

X S
  • X S

Miss LS Organizer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

I don't think $5 a month is that much, I think it's enough for players to get online and rethink about glitching and modding.

Just putting this in perspective, but for $5 a month, you can get an EA subscription to a pool of games for an unlimited period of time.  Also, for $5, you're probably already paying for an online subscription service like Xbox Live or PS+.  You couldn't get me to pay 50 cents.

Simply out of principal, I can't justify paying a subscription on top of another subscription, and knowing that I could get much more out of $5 per month than access to GTA Online.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:29 PM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 11 August 2014 - 07:29 PM.

No. Just no. I would never play Online again. I hate that business model with all my guts.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

Had they implemented it from day one, a subscription service may have worked better than the cash card system, and probably would've motivated R* to maintain their game a little better. It's way too late to turn the tides with that now, they'd just lose market share. And like was said before, PS4 and next gen won't be free to play online, so even you die hard PS3 guys better get in your game time now while you can. Once next-gen gets going full speed, I foresee PSN requiring a PS+ membership for previous gen systems across the board.

vorxdargo
  • vorxdargo

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:11 AM

Had they implemented it from day one, a subscription service may have worked better than the cash card system, and probably would've motivated R* to maintain their game a little better. It's way too late to turn the tides with that now, they'd just lose market share. And like was said before, PS4 and next gen won't be free to play online, so even you die hard PS3 guys better get in your game time now while you can. Once next-gen gets going full speed, I foresee PSN requiring a PS+ membership for previous gen systems across the board.

they already said it will never go Plus multiplayer sub for PS3.

Based God Cali
  • Based God Cali

Really Nigga .__.-Formerly jjbinks4

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

I mean seriously, if a hacker can bypass an XBL ban, they can bypass a $5 fee. Making people pay money will not make the glitchers/modders/hackers leave. I used to know this kid who could bypass EA's online subsciption fee. Dude did it for others just for $2 too

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

I don't think $5 a month is that much, I think it's enough for players to get online and rethink about glitching and modding.

Just putting this in perspective, but for $5 a month, you can get an EA subscription to a pool of games for an unlimited period of time.  Also, for $5, you're probably already paying for an online subscription service like Xbox Live or PS+.  You couldn't get me to pay 50 cents.

Simply out of principal, I can't justify paying a subscription on top of another subscription, and knowing that I could get much more out of $5 per month than access to GTA Online.

what you mean like a beer or half a movie ticket or something?

people can really have this weird way of valueing things sometimes 

to me 5 bucks COULD be worth it if it would mean stable and secure dedicated servers and whatnot similar to how other MMO's (WoW) do it.

they realized you can't get a decent quality game this size without investing in some serious servers and manpower.

maybe R* should have done the same, though it probably would mean less profits, cashcards is basically free money for them

vorxdargo
  • vorxdargo

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

what you mean like a beer or half a movie ticket or something?

people can really have this weird way of valueing things sometimes 

to me 5 bucks COULD be worth it if it would mean stable and secure dedicated servers and whatnot similar to how other MMO's (WoW) do it.

they realized you can't get a decent quality game this size without investing in some serious servers and manpower.

maybe R* should have done the same, though it probably would mean less profits, cashcards is basically free money for them

you do realize MMOs are one of the most modded game styles out there right? WoW is no different.

Gerald Spoder
  • Gerald Spoder

Friendly Neighborhood Drug Dealer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

@OP Oh god that would be terrible. GTA V and Online are already R*'s cashcows, if they made it pay to play, they might as well be loansharks stealing our wallets and breaking our kneecaps in the process.

joejuggernaut
  • joejuggernaut

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

Just to clarify the box says it has multiplayer meaning it came with the game its not an free add on it was pacaged with the game

adamnightmare
  • adamnightmare

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

they would need to add a mammoth of content for me to even consider it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users