Photo

[Discussion] Infinite Map Size?

4 replies to this topic
MenuET
  • MenuET

Maxscript Modeler

• Feroci
  • Panama

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:05 AM Edited by MenuET, 10 August 2014 - 01:37 AM.

Hi there.

I was thinking about it some time ago and, as i am just a 3D a modeler and i don't understand the GTA Editing in itself quite well, i want to discuss the possibility to contour the GTA engine limits and break the map size limits to infinite size (or any size we want). I want to reminder that i don't have plans to make a HUGE mod, but i think that conversation will drive us to something constructive.

At first,

As far as i know about GTA is that any GTA have its co-ordinates limits (maximum co-ordinates numbers at X, like 0.0000 to 546.0000), and any of these co-ordinates are a float number (float number, for dummies, are a non-integer number like 2,5; 7,543; 35,374...), and, by the logic, inside a float number has infinity other float numbers (i.e. inside 5 we have 5,2; 5,54; 5,65, and inside 5,2 we have 5,23543; 5,22423; 5,2856756...).

Following that logic, at a co-ordinate number, we have infinite numbers inside on it. Think about instead of trying to raise the co-ordinate numbers limits, multiply a 5x5 co-ordinate grid by 10 (50x50) just by constructing your new mod with the models 10x smaller than the normal size, and editing anything you need on the script and data files to fit camera, handling, and etcetera and making every thing fit quite well in just ONE co-ordinate number. Double your co-ordinate number capacity by shrinking objects. That is my first point.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

At second point,

We all know how house interiors works. It has another 16 or 17 worlds for the interiors and just ONE for the outside, conventional map. When we cross a door in game, we are crossing a portal that drives you from World 1(Outside) to any of 17 interior worlds.

As GTA San Andreas already did with Liberty City, and GTA V already did with a country town, why can't we just model another map inside one of 17 interior worlds, and use a big portal on sea (Like a big door) in two worlds to drive us from one world to another? Basically transforming one interior world to another exterior world (a new map) and keep the world 1(default map) intact. Think about that. It is possible at some way.

About the first possibility (keeping co-ordinates and shrinking objects) i already saw a example used on Source engine (Which have a very limited map limit) and it worked. The guy extended the map limits 10x just by shrinking everyting 10x. About the second possibility, is is also a plausible idea.

Well, thanks for attention.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

NTAuthority is cracking the limits. Wether he'll release it seperately from ViIV\Citizen is not known to me.

Just wondering something, you say you are a modeler, do you ever expect to fill the entire map limit while maintaining GTAIV quality models?

RanZY
  • RanZY

Grand Theft Auto V

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

wtf? viiv project not solve problem map i try add other pice of map gta v but the game crash

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

wtf? viiv project not solve problem map i try add other pice of map gta v but the game crash

... are you even using it on CitizenFX? The old alpha 1 build does not support as many map objects.

fefenc
  • fefenc

Blue Dante

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by fefenc, 02 September 2014 - 02:03 PM.

I think Ranzy is trying to do his own V map project.

pice, euheuheuehuehueu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users