• United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

• better vehicles
  • Better side missions
  • better shooting sound, and effects
  • better car effects
  • MUCH better motorcycle driving psychics
  • More and better melee weapons

Those ones are either your opinion, or completely untrue. Better vehicles? Yeah, if you like supercars. Those are all you find in V. They are less rare because of it, too. Side missions? That's subjective, but i'd much rather have vigilante, TLaD's gang wars, TBoGT's fight club, etc. Better shooting sounds and effects? If you like your guns sounding like airsoft, then sure. Better car effects? As in damage? Absolutely incorrect. Better motorcycle physics? Haha, you can't be serious. You can barely flip and do tricks in them, they drive like they're glued to the ground and overall just not as fun as IV's. More and better melee weapons? Sure, they're are more. Doesn't really matter if the melee system sucks, which it does in V. V has good lock-on fighting, but the overall fighting system is just not as good as IV.

• B Dawg, Osho, PhilosophicalZebra and 2 others like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

There was planes and parachutes in IV ffs

Helicopters, not planes, and parachutes are only available on G Tony.

OT:

Bigger map
Countryside
Big city
Towns surrounding LS
Multiple protagonists
More heists, some with options on how to carry them out
Animals
Planes
Minigun (that, and a larger variety of weapons)
Weapon wheel
Radio station wheel
Special abilities
Lots of vehicles
Explorable ocean (and a submarine!)
Properties

Of course, the game would be even better if the story wasn't short (for a game with 3 protagonists), if there were more interiors, and if the vapid police vehicles got civilian variants (cop outfits wouldn't be bad either, but this idea should be posted on the wish list thread instead).
  • BLOOD-MOND likes this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

Those ones are either your opinion, or completely untrue. Better vehicles? Yeah, if you like supercars. Those are all you find in V.

Your whole comment seems like a rant on V but precisely this statement makes you look like nothing more than a hater. If you like it or not, V has more Sports, SUV's, Sedan's, Boat's,Muscles, etc. than IV but most importantly it had planes and even a sub marine and the highly wanted Rhino and Fight Jet and most of the cars are tuneable. 

Adding to that:

- Map

- Mission Variety

- Wider array of Weapons + Customization

- More Side Activities

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

<p>

• better vehicles
  • Better side missions
  • better shooting sound, and effects
  • better car effects
  • MUCH better motorcycle driving psychics
  • More and better melee weapons
Those ones are either your opinion, or completely untrue. Better vehicles? Yeah, if you like supercars. Those are all you find in V. They are less rare because of it, too. Side missions? That's subjective, but i'd much rather have vigilante, TLaD's gang wars, TBoGT's fight club, etc. Better shooting sounds and effects? If you like your guns sounding like airsoft, then sure. Better car effects? As in damage? Absolutely incorrect. Better motorcycle physics? Haha, you can't be serious. You can barely flip and do tricks in them, they drive like they're glued to the ground and overall just not as fun as IV's. More and better melee weapons? Sure, they're are more. Doesn't really matter if the melee system sucks, which it does in V. V has good lock-on fighting, but the overall fighting system is just not as good as IV.

You must really like GTA 4. The driving physics are a major improvement compared to 4. Driving a car felt like every car didn't have antilock brake system. As it was very easy to drift on any car. The fighting system is practically the same with several improvements.
  • Kalerney and _Kindled_ like this

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

Three Delays

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:23 AM Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc, 10 August 2014 - 12:33 AM.

Yeah the HANDLING may be improved, but the PHYSICS are heavily downgraded. Crashing a Bugatti into a wall at 200 mph and then getting a minor dent in the front is not better than Gta 4 was.

• Acetaminophen, TheKillerDonuts, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

1.Better Graphics- Yep

2.Countryside- There was no countryside in IV so you can't really give that as a reason...

3.Animals- No animals either

4.Airplanes- Yeah because if there were planes in IV it would take you a second to get from one side of the map to the other

5.Better Missions- Yep

7.Bigger World- Yep

8.Tunning- ...You mean tuning?

9.Better Player control- Not that much different

10.Parachute- Parachutes in IV

11.Underwater- ...

12.Better Swimming- Yep

13. Ocean Waves- Yep

14.Better Ester eggs- Yep

15.Better Car acceleration- Nope 

16.Golf mini game- Meh

17.Tenis Mini Game- Meh

18.Trevor penis- ...

Please continue ....

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:06 AM Edited by WorldWideFM, 10 August 2014 - 01:08 AM.

It's just a more complete game in every department in my opinion. It's not perfect and it loses to IV in some respects, but to me, the entire experience feels to much tighter in V. Better mechanics (everything from the way your characters control to the shooting mechanics to driving to the actual existence of planes), less filler missions, more opportunities to create your own fun with a countryside rather than 500 grey/beige blocks, a wider roster of vehicles, better radio. 

Oh and the original score :inlove:  

Honestly GTA V was exactly what I thought IV should have been and that's the feedback I've gotten from every single gamer I know too. IV felt like a step back from San Andreas and it has aged worse than most GTAs whereas I thought V very carefully brought the strengths of both IV and SA together to create a more well rounded experience. (Not that I'm an SA fanboy. The last thing I wanted was SA v2. Luckily we got something that moved the franchise forward whilst still remaining faithful to the parts of all GTA that we all love)

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

not banned Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

i f*cking love yoga, chrome adders, and trevor
  • theGTAking101 and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

-Mission variety, as much as I love IV, there's nothing changed the fact that IV's missions are generic "go there, kill some guys, escape".

-Smoother cover system

-More weapons

-Bigger map

-Graphics

That's it.

• josephene123 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

I will say that it has a much better vanilla Emergency Vehicle lighting system than IV's system.

Cheers.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

biggest change was that every other GTA game had a generic crap story with generic crap missions

i've played every single GTA since PSX and i never ever enjoyed or cared about the missions or story. they were always horrible marred by bad gunplay. the only reason to ever do missions in any other GTA game was to unlock more map, cars, houses, etc.

GTA V, on the other hand, has probably one of the best crime stories or crime missions/gunplay in any video game IMO. the gunplay, at least on free aim, is some of the best, the mission variety is far beyond any other crime or open world game, and the story is a real story, not just a hogwash of funny cliches randomly tied together like VC, SA, IV. SA at least had a decent story while in the first city but they it became a bunch of random joke characters serving as excuses to move you to other cities while doing the same generic missions with the same generic bad gunplay.

i absolutely love every other GTA game and especially VC and SA... but i love them for their free roaming, their atmosphere and music, their open world gameplay. the stories were just joke stereotypes created to give you a reason to repeat the same generic missions you've done all game. no real drama or movie would ever use a plot like that.

every other GTA first designed its world, then its gameplay, and THEN they must have decided on the missions, and then finally, decided on funny stereotypes and jokes to serve as excuses to do said missions in said locations

GTA V on the other hand feels like they crafted it like a movie or drama. they started with the story and the plot, then the world, and then decided on the story events, and then chose missions to fit within that story, and finally created exponentially more mission variety than all other GTA games combined to go into those missions.

the story may be cliche... and have its share of stupid writing, too... but it feels like a real story at least. not just something they invented after they finished the game to give you an excuse to do stuff in the game world.

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:04 AM Edited by iam2fresh, 10 August 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Spoiler

i would be able to bite everything you said if you hadn't said anything about 4's story im a 5 fanboy and i will just say right now that gta 4 has the best story the missions aren't  that great but 4 has hands down the best story.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:09 AM Edited by Andreas, 10 August 2014 - 09:15 AM. Removed off-topicness

OT: (continuing from the numbered list)

36: Ocean
37: Vehicle variety
38: Vehicle design
39: Weapons
40: Customization

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

IV had very little to ^do after the story, whilst V can keep you entertained for longer

V has more varies missions, too many of IV's missions were, go to point A, kill, then return, it got tiresome especially with it's outdated shooting and cover mechanics.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

While GTA IV in my opinion had a better and more developed, interesting story, it lacked mission variety. Most missions were - go locate someone and kill him because of a reason blah blah blah.

While GTA V had a bigger variety of missions.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hmmm.. GTA V multiplayer seems better than GTA IV multiplayer

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:13 AM Edited by Andreas, 11 August 2014 - 06:00 PM.

This is not the place where to talk about what IV did better than V; the exact opposite, actually, as evidenced by the thread title. Do not make any more posts that are not relevant to the topic at hand, please.
  • John Smith, The Odyssey, _Kindled_ and 1 other like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:23 AM Edited by Lucchese, 10 August 2014 - 09:25 AM.

*Just a little heads up to the mods*

As we clearly see, it hasn't taken long for the usual collective of haters to pollute this thread with their daily recycled negativity. Instead of outright locking this thread like you did the last, could you just put out warnings to the usual culprits to restrict their constant whining to all of the other threads they infest.

I enjoy this thread, as it's a refreshing break from all of the self-entitled whining and trolling, so I'd like it to remain open. And please don't delete this post as it in itself may get the message across to the brats.

E. Just noticed Andreas' comment above. Cheers.
  • morgan 5301 likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Car customization
Weapon customization
Climbing ladders better
  • morgan 5301 likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:32 AM Edited by Andreas, 10 August 2014 - 12:34 PM.

The graphics, animations, framerate, and shooting mechanics are all smoother. Although it sucks how people downplay that because "that's expected after years of development". Like? So? Those things are crucial, those are things that are not easily overlooked when going back to play an old game like IV. Yeah the story or side activities might be better, but it's not as fun to play with the outdated graphics and clunky controls/physics.

Totally agree. Good points.

morgan 5301
  • morgan 5301

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

most of the other reasons have been said by others  but for me I love the bendy roads in the countryside where I can go drifting in my futo.

Sliderv2
  • Sliderv2

Dude from Europe

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

41: Grove Street

42: UFOs and aliens

43: Black protagonist

44: Scuba gear

45: No bowling

46: High mountains

47: Missions similar to San Andreas (Minor Turbulence = Stowaway, Derailed = Wrong side of the track)

48: Animals

49: Hunting

50: Blimp

51: Long train track = fun

52: Tow truck

53: Ballas and Grove Street Families

54: Quad bike

55: Choosing silent or loud approach (heists)

56: Random encounters

57: Altruist Cult

58: Monster truck

59: Heists

60: Jerry can

61: Prologue

62: Cheat input (can use cheat even if cop shoot at you)

63: "Father" protagonist

64: Three endings

65: Two cities (Los Santos, North Yankton)

66: Bikes

67: Special abilities

68: GPS like radar

69: Health regeneration

70: More armor variants

71: Masks

72: Water races

73: Each protagonist has own walk animation

74: Army base (Fort Zancudo)

75: Rhino tank

76: Epsilon program

77: FIghter jet (P-996 Lazer)

78: Caves

79: Seashark

80: Barber shops

81: Trucks has trailers

82: Ragdoll button

83: Higher height limit

84: Ammu-Nation is back (GTA IV has underground gun shops)

85: Better camera

86: Dozer (bulldozer)

87: Merryweather

88: Chop traning

89: Cinemas

90: More collectibles

91: You can modify weapons

92: RPG system is back from San Andreas (driving, flying etc...)

93: Cargobob

94: Torture mission (By the Book)

95: More shops to robe

96: Tour bus

97: Caddy

98: You can control convertible car roofs

99: Garages

100: You can take selfie

• Officer Ronson, _Kindled_, Lowi and 1 other like this

morgan 5301
  • morgan 5301

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:54 AM Edited by morgan 5301, 10 August 2014 - 10:52 AM.

I see a lot of people complaining that v's vechicle damage is worse than iv how is that even possible in iv the vehicle damage was god but in v you can lose the wings on your car as well as bumpers and boot lids and you can completely crush your car if u get hit by a train. V's damage is definitely better.

there isn't a single boring mission in v where in iv and the other gta's there was a lot of them

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

I see a lot of people complaining that v's vechicle damage is worse than iv how is that even possible in iv the vehicle damage was god but in v you can lose the wings on your car as well as bumpers and boot lids and you can completely crush your car if u get hit by a train. V's damage is definitely better.

there isn't a single boring mission in v where in iv and the other gta's there was a lot of them

GTA v may have extra parts fall off but IV has badass deformation.
  • Miamivicecity, theNGclan, Osho and 2 others like this

morgan 5301
  • morgan 5301

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

the cars in v areeasily crushed but still drivable if I you wedge it on the train  track and stay inside and wait till train hits you

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

Crash at full speed and they will have little to no damage.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

1. Better missons 

2. Better graphics

thats about it

fangbutt
  • fangbutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Can we stop with all this listing and actually explain things?

I want a good explanation as to how car damage is worse. Keeping in mind "it takes longer for the car to become damaged" is not a good explanation. That's not the actual damage, that's the time it takes to become damaged. Damage in IV was effectively the same as 3d era games. I'd rather not lose my hood after accidentally bumping into something one time

Also I want a good explanation as to how motorcycle physics are worse

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

I want a good explanation as to how car damage is worse. Keeping in mind "it takes longer for the car to become damaged" is not a good explanation. That's not the actual damage, that's the time it takes to become damaged. Damage in IV was effectively the same as 3d era games. I'd rather not lose my hood after accidentally bumping into something one time

Also I want a good explanation as to how motorcycle physics are worse

Here's a good explanation as to how the car damage is worse. Take a non armored car and crash it into a wall full speed no damage, put 100% armor on a car and crash full speed into a wall, still no damage. Its stupid how dumbed down this game is.
  • Osho and Kampret like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

No. Please read the OP:

List what GTA V does better than its predecessor. 

this thread is for listing the salient points, although a little  explanation to expand those points is fine.

• The Odyssey and Kampret like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users