Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Spoilers] There's no such thing as canon scenarios.

23 replies to this topic
mr toasterbutt
  • mr toasterbutt

poppin'

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by mr toasterbutt, 09 August 2014 - 05:35 PM.

That there's no such thing as canon scenarios, when the player is deliberately given different choices? I'm absolutely serious.

Canons endings are only canon when the player isn't given any choice.... otherwise it wouldn't have been a choice to begin with.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

There is in no way to say things are canon and not canon: if the company says it themselfs. There for, this thread is stupid...

• adictoGTA, _Kindled_, Holmls and 1 other like this

Fockstrot
  • Fockstrot

beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Ending C is canon and you need to accept that you chose poorly. Dying and getting MISSION FAILED happens in the game but it's also not canon. A and B are both failures because the main character dies and it doesn't make sense to the story.

• ChrisMathers3501 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Ending C is canon and you need to accept that you chose poorly. Dying and getting MISSION FAILED happens in the game but it's also not canon. A and B are both failures because the main character dies and it doesn't make sense to the story.

Where did Rockstar say ending C is cannon?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

I guess they assumed that when Rockstar said we were gonna jump into the lives of M, T, and F again in the SP DLC announcement, then C would be canon,

• Heists likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

End all be all: Missions with options to spare/kill someone removes them from ever appearing in another title.

• latigreblue likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:59 PM Edited by Xerukal, 09 August 2014 - 06:00 PM.

That there's no such thing as canon scenarios, when the player is deliberately given different choices? I'm absolutely serious.

Canons endings are only canon when the player isn't given any choice.... otherwise it wouldn't have been a choice to begin with.

Not exactly.

Here's an example.

In "Knights of The Old Republic" you play a certain character. You get to pick between the male or female gender. 

In a later, MMO-sequel to KOTOR, it is revealed that the character you played as in KOTOR was in fact male by canon, as determined by the writers.

There can't be two versions of the same outcome affecting every single player's game. A decision has to be made, and it is usually made to suit the needs of the story. In other words; picking the scenario that makes the most sense for the story moving forward. This decision is first given to the player, and they can accept it as THEIR canon, but there will always be a universal, era/universe canon determined by the writers or game/fiction makers. There has to be, in order for that story branch to be continued in a cohesive, sensible way. 

OR, they can just avoid it and never address it.

• yakprince likes this

TheKillerDonuts
  • TheKillerDonuts

Taking you to Flavortown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

I guess they assumed that when Rockstar said we were gonna jump into the lives of M, T, and F again in the SP DLC announcement, then C would be canon,

I just don't get how would you could even continue the story, using the same characters that is. They're already multimillionaires and with option C, they eliminated all their threats. A prequel sounds more possible. Frank being a gangbanger and Trevor in the desert. Michael's the only problem with this prequel. Or we could get a North Yankton version, which i would love to see. Michael meets Dave and starts to plot the Ludendorff setup, while Trevor and Brad continue to push Michael. This time, the problem's Franklin.

But yeah, again, how could the story continue after option C?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

I just don't get how would you could even continue the story, using the same characters that is. They're already multimillionaires and with option C, they eliminated all their threats. A prequel sounds more possible. Frank being a gangbanger and Trevor in the desert. Michael's the only problem with this prequel. Or we could get a North Yankton version, which i would love to see. Michael meets Dave and starts to plot the Ludendorff setup, while Trevor and Brad continue to push Michael. This time, the problem's Franklin.

I don't know. Maybe Rockstar won't focus so much on government corruption in the DLC. Since that was what V's main story was all about.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Couldn't agree more cannon ending is bull

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

zombies

• universetwisters, TheKillerDonuts, matajuegos01 and 1 other like this

TheKillerDonuts
  • TheKillerDonuts

Taking you to Flavortown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

zombies

If we can still get a true single-player DLC, i would actually like a bonus zombies mode. Make it the same as Undead Nightmare, but with cars lol

Terrell
  • Terrell

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

I agree. But mabey the result is the same. Mabey Michael didn't die, mabey Trevor didn't due, in that case, the three would still be alive, but their adventures wouldn't go quite how you would think. Michael does mention the miracles of modern science, so it would be ironic to play as Franklin separated from Michael, Michael delegated from Franklin, and Trevor separated from them both, like GTA 4. Then if Johnny came back, looking for revenge, or accidentally bumped into Trevor in traffic, or on the street along with Michael who was supposed to be dead again, who knows what would happen. It is a video game after all.
Spelling auto correct lol

SKOGS-SKUMMISEN
  • SKOGS-SKUMMISEN

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

what about gta 4 i mean roman is in fact alive running the cab bissnis and

Spoiler

• Heists likes this

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

When they announced single player DLC.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 09 August 2014 - 09:07 PM.

Ending C seems more or less like the real ending. It has official artwork depicting its final form, has the least plotholes, and seems like a lot more detail was put into it. The other endings feel like they were just tacked on for the sake of having multiple endings.

• TheFreshestBread likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Although, personally IMO I do think C is the canon ending: lets see what R* does and say... Well, they did say that the SP DLC will continue their adventure in Southern San Andreas: So it kind of in a way confirms that C is the real ending. I think so 

Dark Bordeus
  • Dark Bordeus

The sun shines on me, for the first time in years...I am happy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:59 PM Edited by Dark Bordeus, 11 August 2014 - 08:00 PM.

There's an artwork of the canon ending, M F and T looking at Devin Weston in the trunk.

actual_1356731693.jpg

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

That doesn't mean sh*t. No ending is cannon if they  wanted a real eending they would of done one ending

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

Dont forget...the threat of Don Percival still exists. Just sayin

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 11 August 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Dont forget...the threat of Don Percival still exists. Just sayin

Merryweather is forced out of the country after ending C. Don thanks M T and F for killing Devin as well so he can buy shares, and doesn't want anything to do with them afterwards.

• TheKillerDonuts likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by Xerukal, 11 August 2014 - 10:20 PM.

That doesn't exclude Don Percival's personal stake in the matter. I'm sure that, with all the money he's been making after what M, F and T did to Merryweather, he'll want to exact some kind of vengeance. Not just for the sake of doing it, but possibly blackmailing the crew into doing some heists for him.  

It could go either way. After ending C, all existing loose ends are tied up and the trio go back to their lives. But this doesn't automatically stop new events from emerging. It's a living world, after all.

Oh, you edited your post. Okay then. I've got nothing.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by TheDeaconBosco, 11 August 2014 - 10:30 PM.

The DLC might continue after the main plot or it might go a different route, we may very well get a prequel to the main story, like the "Trevor" DLC showing him how he got settled in Sandy Shores, perhaps one for each character; who knows.

We'd need to know details before this conversation can go anywhere.

Heists
  • Heists

Snipers are pussies who usually suck at close combat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

That doesn't mean sh*t. No ending is cannon if they  wanted a real eending they would of done one ending

There is one if the creator of the ending's says it is. just accept it and move on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users