Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is luiz lopez the worst GTA protagonist of all time?

85 replies to this topic
RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

I think you spelled "Trevor Philips" wrong, buddy.

• Shenmue18 and thekillerdonuts like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Thug

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

Why the hell you need to bring that sick prick Trevor in IV section too? We got enough of that name everywhere already lol. And we don`t hate him, we just can`t stand him. Well, some of us at least. I guess his HD face pixels and graphic is the only thing to like about that deranged little character.

Anyway back on topic, the only thing i don`t like/miss at Luis is his lack of "action speech and shouting" during the shootouts. I mean you are playing the most badass domestic terorist by hijacking a f*cking subway train for Yusuf Amir (btw- hey is that a refference to Ramzi Yousuf maybe?- it would certainly fit the missions you got to do for Amir) with a bunch of NOOSE team in anhiliators on your ass and he goes in a completely tranquil tone like this; "hey i`m a dominican, i`m not a terorist, i`m just riding a train"..lol

I mean come on, would you say something like that in totaly calm tone while doing such a thing? He lacks Niko or Johnny like action shouting like "i`ll rip your f*cking throats you son of a bitches" or something like that.

It just doesn`t fit the nature of otherwise great missions in TBOGT. That`s the only thing i don`t like about Luis otherwise he is good protag. IMO.

• maxpaynefan likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

Why the hell you need to bring that sick prick Trevor in IV section too? We got enough of that name everywhere already lol. And we don`t hate him, we just can`t stand him. Well, some of us at least. I guess his HD face pixels and graphic is the only thing to like about that deranged little character.

Anyway back on topic, the only thing i don`t like/miss at Luis is his lack of "action speech and shouting" during the shootouts. I mean you are playing the most badass domestic terorist by hijacking a f*cking subway train for Yusuf Amir (btw- hey is that a refference to Ramzi Yousuf maybe?- it would certainly fit the missions you got to do for Amir) with a bunch of NOOSE team in anhiliators on your ass and he goes in a completely tranquil tone like this; "hey i`m a dominican, i`m not a terorist, i`m just riding a train"..lol

I mean come on, would you say something like that in totaly calm tone while doing such a thing? He lacks Niko or Johnny like action shouting like "i`ll rip your f*cking throats you son of a bitches" or something like that.

It just doesn`t fit the nature of otherwise great missions in TBOGT. That`s the only thing i don`t like about Luis otherwise he is good protag. IMO.

I don't really mind that he doesn't shout obscenities like Niko and Johnny do. I don't know, but it doesn't really suit his character. It's fair to say Niko and Johnny are characters fuelled by anger, revenge etc, but Luis? Not so much.

• maxpaynefan likes this

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

I think you spelled "Trevor Philips" wrong, buddy.

Nah, he somehow didn't know how to spell CJ.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

Luis is definitely in the lower tier of Grand Theft Auto protags, but the worst in GTA history is Trevor. 

• SonOfLiberty and thekillerdonuts like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Worst GTA protagonist is V Online Player. He's mute, and ugly, with a sh*tty taste in cars :lol:

• thekillerdonuts and Xerukal like this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

Easily. Claude has more personality (the company Luis keeps also doesn't help).

fefenc
  • fefenc

Luis Lopez is The Best HD era GTA Character Ever Created

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by fefenc, 09 September 2014 - 09:07 PM.

Best HD Protag - Luis

Best 3D Protag - CJ

You guys should stop hating them and redirect all that hate to V's Trio

MrVance
  • MrVance

Thug

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

Best HD Protag - Luis

Best 3D Protag - CJ

You guys should stop hating them and redirect all that hate to V's Trio

I`m not so shocked about Luis but CJ? Come on, what is possibly so good about that character aside from his bodybuilding and other visual appearance customizations? He is just too cliche. He is some whining little bitch who get bossed around by his retarded and dumb brother Sweet and who gets cried when some bitch Catalina kicks his ass with a whip. Now come on, he is pathetic. Besides he clearly doesn`t know what do to in life. Stealing cars in LC, running a moronic gang of GSF or living in a rappers mansion and managing rap music? 

Niko and Luis at least have a clear goals in life but CJ is like a little confused teenager.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

Snake Plissken
  • Snake Plissken

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

Johnny Klebitz = A true badass!

What happened to him in GTA V was a fluke... We all know he was high on crystal meth and couldn't fight back ;)
  • MrVance and maxpaynefan like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Thug

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

Johnny Klebitz = A true badass!

What happened to him in GTA V was a fluke... We all know he was high on crystal meth and couldn't fight back ;)

And his voice acting in TLAD was awesome. I was sick when he went down by that prick Trevor. And after you get attached to some protag by playing him in previous game and then seeing him get killed in next game, that sh*t sucks. 

He was a real badass, a hellraiser.

• maxpaynefan likes this

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Jelly Filled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Best HD Protag - Luis

Best 3D Protag - CJ

You always say Luis is the best, but you never give your reasons. Why is he the best? Same with CJ. You can like them, i don't care, i just want to know why.

ramin728
  • ramin728

just another creepy kid

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

i think franklin is the worst.

and the best are: claude - tommy - toni - trevor

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

I actually liked him...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Thug

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

i think franklin is the worst.

and the best are: claude - tommy - toni - trevor

I hope you are just being sarcastic lol. Because you just numbered the greatests "MR ANTI-SYMPATICUS" protagonists out of all GTA games so far.

Best HD Protag - Luis

Best 3D Protag - CJ

You always say Luis is the best, but you never give your reasons. Why is he the best? Same with CJ. You can like them, i don't care, i just want to know why.

I think he/she likes Luis because he is the bigest ladiesman out of all GTA protags. He is screwing one girl in the club this minute and another minute another girl is giving him a blowjob.

Hence her/his avatar.  :rol:

But seriously, Luis is good protag, and unfortunately by far the most underrated one.

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Jelly Filled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:26 AM

I think he/she likes Luis because he is the bigest ladiesman out of all GTA protags. He is screwing one girl in the club this minute and another minute another girl is giving him a blowjob.

But seriously, Luis is good protag, and unfortunately by far the most underrated one.

Ehh, i don't really dig his style. I suppose he could've been worse, though. On the plus side, he is very loyal unlike CJ, Michael and Franklin, i'll give Luis that.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:17 AM

That's exactly why I hate Luis. He is such a Gary Sue. EVERY girl he met wanted to f*ck him. He didn't lose any friends or loved ones. Nothing bad ever happened to that f*ck.

He should have died in V along with Henrique, Armando, Tony, Dessie, and all them. Not awesome characters like Johnny, Terry, Clay

• MrVance likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

Luis Lopez is The Best HD era GTA Character Ever Created

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:46 AM Edited by fefenc, 12 September 2014 - 04:02 AM.

That's exactly why I hate Luis. He is such a Gary Sue. EVERY girl he met wanted to f*ck him. He didn't lose any friends or loved ones. Nothing bad ever happened to that f*ck.

He should have died in V along with Henrique, Armando, Tony, Dessie, and all them. Not awesome characters like Johnny, Terry, Clay

the problem with "Niko lovers" is that for them a GTA Protag must be ranty at 98% of the game story, then this protag will be a decent GTA protagonist for being annoying, sad, emo and a crybaby all the time. If a GTA protag doesn't suits these characteristics, then he/she is a bad character with a bad character development and should never exist on GTA timeline.

I'm sure if Dwayne was a GTA protagonist, all of you Luis/CJ haters would "Jizzy-B" on your pants because he would manage to be more annoying and ranty than Niko, I can even imagine how would be Dwayne's quoting.

- Sorry lady, I'm stealing your car, but I'm depressed and I'm gonna kill myself cuz everyone makes everything to let you down.

- Gimme a break cop, people like you only wanna let people down

I know it's a good thing a serious and a dark moment on a story, but having this all the fkn time gets annoying, the same thing goes to a game which is very bloomy and directed by Michael bay, both things must be balanced to give an enjoyable felling.

GTA IV was too dark and everything was gray with a ranty protagonist, at the first time I beat the game, I thought I was playing on a 70's-90's LC due to the black and white felling of the game and the CLAAAAAASSIC musics on the radios a la old times of Saints Row and I got so much surprised when I figured out the game story year was 2008 :0

TLAD was too dark-yellow and it has given a drizzled screen sensation and this was very fkn annoying, I was even trying to change my monitor settings to see if I could get rid of that sh*t, apart from this, I've enjoyed the MC theme the game brought to us a lot.

TBoGT by the other hand has the glamour, the sensation that NY is a beautiful and a evolved city (not the 70's NY feeling that GTA IV gives to us) with a beautiful and enjoyable view of the environment/city and it has brought a bright felling to the IV trilogy, apart of the few time R* had to develop the game and rushed some things, TBOGT was perfect and Luis is the best protagonist of HD series, I could say Luis has saved the diamond trilogy.

He would kick Trevor's ass if he was on Johnny's place, I'm not sure about he kicking Niko's ass because the rampage Niko has done on the libertorian, but Luis has done a rampage on maissonete 9 too (not alone, but he's done a rampage) so I think he would have a chance against Niko by using weapons. I must admit Niko is better than Luis when it comes to hand by hand, apart of Luis being the LC cage fighters king :0

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:09 AM

the problem with "Niko lovers" is that for them a GTA Protag must be ranty at 98% of the game story, then this protag will be a decent GTA protagonist for being annoying, sad, emo and a crybaby all the time. 

Sorry, but I feel when people describe Niko as being an emo or a cry baby they never paid full attention to the story. One of the reasons I love Niko is he tells it exactly how it is. At the time he was a breath of fresh air. Most protagonists (generally not just GTA) came across as 1 dimensional pyschos or saw everything as sunshine and happiness. I liked how Niko showed a spine and developed a critique on American society.

In regards to Luis like I said before I don't find him to be that bad, but he comes across as more generic and stock to me than Niko and Johnny do. He's the young ladies man without any real ulterior motive.

Left4TheUndead
  • Left4TheUndead

A True R*

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:10 AM

Why does everyone seem to dislike Trevor?

He is a underdeveloped prick 

• SonOfLiberty likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

One thing I notice about Luis is his mission dialogue just goes round and round. It never goes anywhere except I don't want to end up back in prison this or Tony you're sh*t with money that. Compared to Niko and Johnny there's very little that develops him.

I don't dislike TBOGT or Luis that much but he feels empty. Not the worst, just empty.

• SonOfLiberty, Left4TheUndead and maxpaynefan like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Thug

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

The more i play TBoGT (i bought it only few weeks ago, i haven`t played it before that) the more i like this game. It`s f*cking awesome. It will never beat IV but it is pretty close to it. The new crazy sports cars, crazy mind blowing nitrous during triathlon, new set of weapons, LC cage fighting, great gang wars, Tony- a neurotic but at the same time symphatic and funny character, Yusuf Amir- the legend of GTA characters, explosive shotgun shells, base jumping and not to mention extremely fun action-movie-like missions with checkpoints..

I really can`t understand why so many people don`t like this game. Sure has a colorfull and a little gay theme but it suits the story. And Luis is far from being a bad protag. Just because we don`t know much about his background that doesn`t mean he sucks.

It`s a good game thus unfortunatelly too short. 26 main storyline missions isn`t enough to get attached to the protag like you did with Niko i.e. but i`m sure if this wouldn`t be just a DLC pack and it would have like 80 or 90 missions, the opinions on Luis would be quite different.

• nobum62 and fefenc like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

For me, the worst is Johnny. He moans his way through all of TLAD, popping at the drug users, the wasters, acting like he's going for golden redemption, then when we catch up with him in V, he's gone back to it. What a prick.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Thug

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by MrVance, 12 September 2014 - 05:36 PM.

For me, the worst is Johnny. He moans his way through all of TLAD, popping at the drug users, the wasters, acting like he's going for golden redemption, then when we catch up with him in V, he's gone back to it. What a prick.

You need to blame R* on that one. They came up with the silly idea of Johnny getting killed by some scrawny and sickly looking retard of Trevor in V. I˙m sure that a though biker, oak-like build survavilst like Johnny wouldn`t got killed like that in real life. Especially not by some out of shape bipolar maniac.

Johnny is great protagonist and it was really dumb from R* what they did with him in V. When i saw that first time i was so f*cking shocked i just couldn`t move for a moment. That was one of the worst moments in my gaming experience. I was as almost shocked as when John Marston died in the last mission in RDR.

• B Dawg, josephene123, DutchGangsta and 1 other like this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

He's down there, yes. The problem with Luis is the fact that he's boring and doesn't have much of a personality. Sure, Claude was practically a blank slate, but voice acting was still iffy back in 2001 so I give him a pass. Luis had no excuse to be boring. By the end of the game, we barely know anything about the guy.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Thug

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

He's down there, yes. The problem with Luis is the fact that he's boring and doesn't have much of a personality. Sure, Claude was practically a blank slate, but voice acting was still iffy back in 2001 so I give him a pass. Luis had no excuse to be boring. By the end of the game, we barely know anything about the guy.

Sure his not as interesting as Niko but you can`t say he is boring. I have to go with IV having better storyline than TBoGT but when it comes to the missions overall, TBoGT has even slightly better ones. Missions in this game are really fascinating. I can`t remember a GTA game where i enjoyed doing missions so much as i do in TBoGT. And the game itself has the most amount of actually amusing things you can do after the main storyline is finished. Not to mention Vice fm, the best radio station in whole HD era.

Try to play this game some more and get into it and you`ll eventualy love it. Besides what`s more funny than watching gay Tony on the edge of his nerve break while half of mafia families in LC are on his ass lol.

• simonp92 and fefenc like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users