Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is luiz lopez the worst GTA protagonist of all time?

224 replies to this topic
wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

I think so. Considering his actions in the story, he has pretty 0% character development, his MO (a bodyguard, wtf..?) is pretty lame, I mean a bodyguard to a nightclub? It couldn't get any worst. He also tries to act like a badass all the time. I don't know if R* did this on purpose with the character, or if it was a part of the script. His backstory is even worst, he got abused by his dad, and his dad left his family cliché.... I think he also got arrested or something when he was young... Even more stupid cliché with the character. Through out the story, he acted like a bum. Tony was kinda cool, but the whole Luiz trying to help Tony thing in the storyline fell so flat and it was so damn bad. Also, he has no goal whatsoever. His mom is in some way trying to help him get out of the criminal world? And his friends are cool (Armando and Henrique) But they could get annoying at times with the whole drama thing with Luiz not wanting to be with them. His mom is another hypocrite, wich gets even more ANNOYING. All and all, Luiz is IMO the worst GTA protagonist. I think he is worst than Franklin (Not that Franklin sucked balls or anything like Luiz).

• Journey_95 and nyc for life like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:43 PM Edited by fefenc, 09 August 2014 - 01:45 PM.

Luis is better than Franklin and Niko.

About Armando and Henrique, Armando is a douchebag that always insults Luis for being the "Mr Downtown", but Henrique is alright, he's a little dumb, but he respect Luis and we can see this ingame. He seems to be annoyed by Armando.

• LogoPablo likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:47 PM Edited by Tycek, 09 August 2014 - 09:29 PM.

Says guys who thinks Trevor is the best protagonist. 

Luis wasn't the best protagonist out there, but he's also far from being the worst. He's a douchebag and womanizer, guy who lives to score with the ladies and earn some cash by wiping rich guys' (mostly Tony) asses by solving their problems. But at least he's consistent with his character (and he got more than 0 unlike some V characters), loyal to his friends and mother, despite arguing with her.

Luis may be not the best, but he's still miles ahead undeveloped and inconsistent pricks known as Trevor and Franklin.  

• Mister Pink, Nonpareil1983, ddyoung and 18 others like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

For sure. Arrogant douchebag that had personality as interesting as rice. It's almost like he didn't know who to be. Trevor may be disgusting and vulgar but atleast he was who he was suppose to be. 

• TheRealCMPUNKFan likes this

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

---

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

You should not forget that it's not easy to create a massive character development within such a short storyline.

I don't think he's that bad, he lives across two different universes which have nothing in common, making his life more interesting IMO.

I also really think his "shallow" side (womanizer) existing alongside his others more mature personalities (his loyalty even when things goes wrong etc ...) is great. I don't like characters with a 100 % serious personality, it feels very bland.

However, I don't think he, and the story revolving around him, fit with Liberty City. I'd have rather put TBoGT in Las Venturas, it'd would have made much more sense.

• LL Cool L likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Trevor is the worst protagonist of all time. Unless we count Mike.

• Nonpareil1983, Mr. Jago, Donut and 11 others like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

He's somewhere not quite at Trevor, hovering in the CJ zone for the worst protagonist title.

• NikoLopez likes this

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

He's a womanizer and a douche. He is a decent character but I didn't like him as much as i did Niko.
  • TheRealCMPUNKFan and NikoLopez like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

Definitely the worst.

Even Franklin is better than him.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

The difference between Luis and Franklin is that Franklin dropped the ball as a vital part of the story, Luis didn't "wow" anyone but he did a good job at what he had to do. He was the third perspective that was needed to complete the story, and I appreciated it for what it was.

• lol232, Donut, Smoke Cat and 3 others like this

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

I do prefer Luis over Franklin.
  • Mr_Leone, Letus, Donut and 1 other like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

I don't like him as much as Niko and Johnny, but I don't think he's the worst. CJ and Trevor deserve to fight over that claim IMO.

Luis isn't that bad. I used to think he was a major dickhead, but over time I've come to appreciate his character more.

• Nonpareil1983, lol232, Mr. Jago and 5 others like this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

As my profile says...

"Niko > Claude > Johnny > Victor > Toni > Tommy > Luis > CJ > Franklin > Michael > Trevor"

So, no, i don't think Luis is the worst.

• Nonpareil1983 and josephene123 like this

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by TheFunkyBunch, 13 August 2014 - 10:06 PM.

Luis is Alright 

i used to hate him and at times he still annoys me like how he Treats Troy like a piece  of sh*t for Instance but for the most part he was OK i really liked his Loyalty to tony and how he stuck up For Brucie in Particular. 

And for  me The  worst Gta Protagonist of all time would have to be Tommy Vercetti. 

• Payne likes this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

I think he's underrated. 

I liked how he stood up for Brucie when his brother was degrading him while doing pushups. He's also extremely loyal. He killed a whole army of russians to save Tony's life, although he knew it was pretty risky and he could have been killed.

Womanizer or not, he deserves some respect. Still better than CJ IMO.

• Smoke Cat and Payne like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

Most of his moments were just...."bleeehgh!" Not one likeable moment. He always was a monotone boring social degenerate.

Is he the worst? I'd say he's tied with C.J being the worst.

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k your santa hats. they're too mainstream

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:41 AM Edited by nobum62, 14 August 2014 - 12:43 AM.

well, luis is actually hilarious so although he is inconsistant sometimes, the crown for inconsistancies goes to trevor.

why does everyone hate CJ btw?
  • MiamiViceCity, Maddened_Ghost, Smoke Cat and 5 others like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

No. Franklin and Micheal are the worst GTA protagonists of all time.

• Donut, josephene123 and Zello like this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:12 AM

I think given a proper, full length game, Luis would have made a pretty good protagonist. He would still be the worst out of the IV era, though, Niko and Johnny were just incredible. 

• MiamiViceCity, Tomasak, GroundZero and 4 others like this

Smoke Cat
  • Smoke Cat

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

I thought his character was alright. Not my go-to kind of guy, but definitely better than all top-town GTA protagonists and Trevor. Didn't like him as much as the other two in the IV trilogy, but he completed the trinity and provided a much different outlook of LC which I appreciated the most

• Mr. Jago likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by fefenc, 16 August 2014 - 10:47 PM.

I think given a proper, full length game, Luis would have made a pretty good protagonist. He would still be the worst out of the IV era, though, Niko and Johnny were just incredible. 

Niko and Johnny just sucked. Luis is the best HD era protagonist.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

You high or something?

• Journey_95, MitchMaljers, TheRealCMPUNKFan and 2 others like this

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

No he is not
He is very loyal to his stupid friends,hipocrite annoying mother and (sometimes )annoying ,drama queen of a boss
He acts like a douche all the time because of all the annoying and weird people around him
  • B Dawg and El Tigre chino like this

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

I liked how he kicked Even's face because he gave drugs to Tony. That was a great idea. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

No he is not
He is very loyal to his stupid friends,hipocrite annoying mother and (sometimes )annoying ,drama queen of a boss
He acts like a douche all the time because of all the annoying and weird people around him

A product of his sh*tty enviroment :lol:

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

Altough i liked Niko and Johny far more but i wouldn`t say Luis is bad protag. Not at all, i kind of liked him. He has good physique, shredded with quality muscle mass and no water retention (he must be on ephedrin lol), he cares about his moms even if she screwed things up, he is loyal (even to that narcist prick Tony- no homophobic intentions here, i have nothing against gays but i don`t like narcistoidics pricks like prince Tony) and he is as badass. He fights in a cage. And i like his voices acting, very hispanic.

So to me he is ok. So far the only 2 protags i didn`t like were Claude and Trevor. Claude because he is a mute, heartless psycho and Trevor because he is sick in the head and anoying. Michael and Franklin are simply just boring.

But that`s just IMO.

Niko and Johnny sucked? Well you`re entitled to your own opinion but please don`t forget to add that little "IMO" at the end. Because it is just your own opinion.

And according to your avatar i somehow understand you for not liking Niko and Johny.

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by fefenc, 21 August 2014 - 02:52 AM.

Altough i liked Niko and Johny far more but i wouldn`t say Luis is bad protag. Not at all, i kind of liked him. He has good physique, shredded with quality muscle mass and no water retention (he must be on ephedrin lol), he cares about his moms even if she screwed things up, he is loyal (even to that narcist prick Tony- no homophobic intentions here, i have nothing against gays but i don`t like narcistoidics pricks like prince Tony) and he is as badass. He fights in a cage. And i like his voices acting, very hispanic.

So to me he is ok. So far the only 2 protags i didn`t like were Claude and Trevor. Claude because he is a mute, heartless psycho and Trevor because he is sick in the head and anoying. Michael and Franklin are simply just boring.

But that`s just IMO.

Niko and Johnny sucked? Well you`re entitled to your own opinion but please don`t forget to add that little "IMO" at the end. Because it is just your own opinion.

And according to your avatar i somehow understand you for not liking Niko and Johny.

Because they ""sucks""? :D

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

He's not that bad.. but he's definitely my least favorite. I barely like anything about him.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

I just completed TBOGT and i must say it is hell of a good game and i like Luis, i don`t understand why so many of you hate him?

He is loyal, he is brave, he is badass, his voice acting is great for a Dominican guy and his physique is fighters`s one. Well he doesn`t beat Niko but he is far from being a bad protag. Why people hate him for exactly?

And i even get to like gay Toni within play even if he looks like some narcist cokehead at the start.

As for Johnny being bad or sucks i also strongly disagree. He is a biker, a typical badass hellraiser and what i like about him is that he isn`t being a racist like most of bikers are. He had Jimmy who was black for his best buddy.

Ask me all 3 protags from IV and EFLC are good in their own ways. As for side characters i prefer like Yusuf to all others. He rules, he just make you into good mood and his missions are the best. "arab money" lol

Oh and i hate Mori, i realy hated that orange-fake-tanned midged with blanged hair, eyeglasess and low quality muscle mass with high water retention. And he was such a dick to Brucie, i can`t believe it how B had this alpha male attitude in IV but he was like a scarry kitten in TBOGT with that prick Mori.

TBOGT is a very good game IMO, it`s a shame i haven`t bought it earlier but i didn`t know it is such a great game. Exciting missions, checkpoints, parachuting, cage fighting, the ability to replay missions, this game has plenty of new things to do it`s just a shame it has only 26 missions. For a game like that i wouldn`t mind if there was 200 of them. Oh and the f*cking explosive shotgun shells, that thing makes your killing sprees a grade A fun.

Really can someone please explain to me why you don`t like Luis?

• Mister Pink and Payne like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Oh i forgot to mention there is one thing i don`t like about Luis and maybe this is 1 of the reasons why some of you don`t like him;

he seems to lack of action during the shootouts, he is more quiet and he doesn`t yell like a maniac as Johnny did "f*ck YOU f*ck YOU f*ck YOU..." or Niko "AAAARGHHHH I`LL RIP YOUR f*ckING HEARTS OUT"..That yelling makes a shooting missions more alive and Luis doesn`t do that. So this is the only thing i miss in TBOGT.

• MiamiViceCity, GroundZero, Donut and 6 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users