New emoticons

28 replies to this topic
johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

I've seen some great emoticons around other forums that are clear larger and better animated than ours. Can we get new ones or is the current set all the IPB will allow?

New ones can allow us to better supplement our posts. And make our meaning more clear.

Is post the ones on question but I'm using my phone at the moment.

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

They can be added, but it's not really a priority, specially since most people will just post a macro to get the same point across.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

You can always just post the emoticons you want like an image. There's no need to add new emoticons.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

How do you do this? But the emoticons i'm speaking of are animations so it would just be a flat image no?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 09 August 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Well, emoticons with animations have to be a .gif

Upload your emoticon to a image hosting website such as imgur and post the emoticon the same way you post normal images.

Examples:  7l2.gifjn3.gifrti.gif

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by Kalvin, 09 August 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Why are they upside down? HKvlU8D.gif?1

• android and Vanto like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Why are they upside down? HKvlU8D.gif?1

I used them when messing around in PM's and these were the only emoticon examples I had. I normally don't use other emoticons (because they're either too 3D-ish, too realistic, too big, etc. - GTAF ones are perfect).

HKvlU8D.gif?1 ¿uʍop-ǝpᴉsdn ƃuᴉɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ sᴉ ʎɥM

• Azazel and Kalvin like this

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

I used them when messing around in PM's and these were the only emoticon examples I had. I normally don't use other emoticons (because they're either too 3D-ish, too realistic, too big, etc. - GTAF ones are perfect).

HKvlU8D.gif?1 ¿uʍop-ǝpᴉsdn ƃuᴉɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ sᴉ ʎɥM

Psst.
Hey.
Pssst.
Yeah you.

MqeY3hc.gif
  • android likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

It would be cool if Apple Emojis were compatible with this forum.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

emoji-on-apple-diversity.png

AppleColorEmoji.png

(^will need some zooming in work)

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

They should add some new ones in, I'm tired of the "takes too much work" excuse for everything we suggest

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

Completely and utterly unnecessary, the current range of emoticons more than suffices. Besides with the amount of emoticons there are out there, it will never be enough and/or right anyway. If you want to use a non-standard emoticon simply upload it/google it and use it as an image macro.

• WildBrick142 likes this

Aby
  • Aby

☩Ninth☩

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:12 AM

Just do what I do, whenever you find an awesome emoticon from another site, upload it to Imgur in a separate album dedicated to them.

F3e24bE.gif

• johnny_zoo likes this

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

They should add some new ones in, I'm tired of the "takes too much work" excuse for everything we suggest

Not once in this topic has anyone said anything about it taking too much work to do. This, like the majority of suggestions made in this forum are just unnecessary. 

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

I want new emoticons, dammit!  :angry:

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:01 AM Edited by Android, 10 August 2014 - 03:05 AM.

Not once in this topic has anyone said anything about it taking too much work to do. This, like the majority of suggestions made in this forum are just unnecessary. 

I remember another user once said that "as we all know the people that run this site are far too lazy and inept to implement such a feature anyway." DJ insanity must run on the same mindset.

As far as I know, not a lot of people use emoticons anyway in their posts. I barely see them. These days, I see reaction .gifs and what not.

http://gtaforums.com...r/?p=1065897103

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

Out of interest, what emotion or meaning do you even feel is missing from the current set? There's happy, sad, angry, laughing, sarcasm, curiosity, police spanking, bbq, etc to name but a few.

I'm sure it isn't that much work to add them, but if it's just about making them bigger or more 'updated' looking, then the answer is pretty much no. 

• android likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

Because you're so worth it.

You don't like it...you know where the proverbial door is.

• android likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

snip

(^will need some zooming in work)

Exactly. Could a Staff Member say what it would take to get this compatible for posting? Emojis are already compatible in the About Me on Profiles.  On my MacBook I can type Emoticons into the text editor but once I hit "Post", all my emojis are gone. American Flag Emoji test:

[Note the US Flag Emoji that saved in my profile]

u2OX2Rg.png

If they are already compatible in the Profile Editor, why not the post Editor?

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

I thought Emoji was a mobile-based thing? All I can see in your profile is 2 boxes in place of each flag, so they aren't compatible with Google Chrome, and what is the point of adding compatibility for hundreds of icons that most members can't see?

• android and maxpaynefan like this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

I thought Emoji was a mobile-based thing? All I can see in your profile is 2 boxes in place of each flag, so they aren't compatible with Google Chrome, and what is the point of adding compatibility for hundreds of icons that most members can't see?

As Emoji's are Apple based, you can only see them on IOS and Mac OS X.

I don't believe it would hurt for it to be added. Why let those who don't have it punish those who do? Twitter, FaceBook, other forums and tons of other sites are adding compatibility for Emojis so it's not something that is rarely found. 

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

I never liked the larger size of these newer smilies. I prefer emoticons that aren't much larger than the text in the post they're in; the small, old school icons we currently have are perfect imo.

Although I like the look of those flags in that screenshot, Sims. Shame I can't view them normally though. :( 

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

I could do some Photoshop so you can save each image individually and use them as emoticon using the img tag.
  • android likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

Out of interest, what emotion or meaning do you even feel is missing from the current set? There's happy, sad, angry, laughing, sarcasm, curiosity, police spanking, bbq, etc to name but a few.

I'm sure it isn't that much work to add them, but if it's just about making them bigger or more 'updated' looking, then the answer is pretty much no. 

There's only one missing from the set by my estimation Kirsty. Allow me to demonstrate below...  :devil:

bondage.gif

• Kirsty, Shah Sam and android like this

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Whatever happened to just using words. Besides we've got sh*t tons of emoticons, this isn't goddamn msn. 

• android and Franceska like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

I think the emoticons we have now are just fine though I wouldn't mind seeing a slight upgrade.. like a more modern version. The emoticons we have now are so out of style with the new upgrade.

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

The emoticons we have now give me a nostalgic feel.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Bring back the original :rol:!

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:38 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 14 August 2014 - 09:39 PM.

Its more the action. And simply more variety is better. Also I didnt think it'd be a huge deal to implement and ours is so dated. Kind of a why have old when we can have new thing? 

These are some I had in mind.

rolleyes.gif smile.gif sad.gif wink.gif blum2.gif biggrin.gif lol.gif cool.gif dance2.gif yahoo.gif drinks.gif ireful.gif mad.gif diablo.gif dash2.gif scare3.gif sarcastic.gif cray.gif blush.gif air_kiss.gif music.gif bad.gif good.gif negative.gif crazy.gif wacko1.gif bomb.gif girl_feminist_en.gif unknown.gif hi.gif girl_wacko.gifgive_rose.gif girl_cool.gif girl_dance.gif girl_angel.gif kiss3.gif timeout.gif

Dont get me wrong its not a desperate thing I was just trying to help the forums. Anyway you can cancel my request as obviously I can post them here as seen above and it works just fine! rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users