Photo

The Lost Art of Crewhood

7 replies to this topic
dmassaiii
  • dmassaiii

GTA Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:59 AM Edited by dmassaiii, 09 August 2014 - 02:26 AM.

SKIP TO BOTTOM PARAGRAPH FOR CREW ENDORSEMENT IF YOU WISH

but first, some background:

So I joined a Role-Play Crew with my brother, just to have fun and hang out when we both were online together, which is rare. When he wasn't around, I would still see crew members (the crew was maxed out on members) and I learned a few things from my experience:

• Role-playing crews with stringent rules are fine for some people. God bless youze guys. Uniforms and check-in requirements are all fine and dandy. If I ever have a crew, though, I'm going to make it a little more lax to allow others the freedom to personalize the wardrobe they spent their money on, and free up the schedule for casual gamers who log on early mornings/late evenings.
  • Psychos are only fun when you're in psycho mode going against psychos. Free fliers in Lasers dropping carpet bombs on everyone, tanks rolling down the street blowing up everyone's PV's, Psychos after guys just running off trying to play missions and whatnot...cheapen the game, somewhat. I feel I'm going to get the most flak for this one, but some people play the game, and some go for war. I got nothing against either, just stick to your own kind.
  • Lastly, with so many members, it was hard for management to control the ranks. So when I reported three guys for hunting me down repeatedly within the crew, and one guy who killed me for a bounty (of only $1k, for crying out loud), I gotta admit I was upset when nothing was done, and one guy was even promoted.

So I made my own crew. You get five, so why not have one where everybody in it simply admits to being there to help each other out when one's in trouble? Heists are coming, and it'd be cool to find someone on with weird hours like you. Practice races, Skill training - all better with a brotherhood. Watch each other's backs during car transports, help each other get achievements (Not Boosting! Nothing is worse than boosters and cheaters!), and a general sigh of relief when you see others with the tag MSSA.

The Massa Squad is the place for that mentality. More of a brotherhood than a hardcore gang of racers or killers. Uniforms not so uniform. Come when you can, and have fun with others doing the same exact thing! As an added bonus, we listen to our members!

• TreeTopTigger likes this

dmassaiii
  • dmassaiii

GTA Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

I kind of feel like the Altruist Cult. We are out for the greater good, although not everyone can see it from our perspective...

I also feel like it's a good crew to kick knowledge around. You know how long it took me to figure out the Inventory Menu and all of its uses? I had asked before, but no one replied. Also things like Stunt Jump assistance, Darts companions, helicopter buddies (Scooter Buddies!) and mini-exploits. I read on here that if you picked up an unlocked weapon you haven't bought yet (like a Survival or Gang Attack, for example) you can go to an AmmuNation, purchase ammo and an upgrade for it, and it will remain in your inventory without you having to buy it outright. Saved me $20k on the Sniper. Things like that are cool tidbits to learn and share with Crewmates.

Get in on this!

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

Keep the bumping to once every six days please.

dmassaiii
  • dmassaiii

GTA Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

More things I picked up from failed group outings:

• It's nice to have somebody looking at the news and passing on good info to the rest of us. Specifically, what gained extra RP/Cash during special events. By announcing these things, the crew is aware as a whole and can then organize and plan meet-ups.
  • I didn't catch this fever until recently, but when I got my first 10-car apartment and my brother collected the Turismo R, it's nice to be able to show things off. To not appear desperate, only invite strippers when other people are in your apartment. Crews provide the people to guilt-freely indulge in your perversion.
  • On the same note, sharing cool pics you've taken loses it's luster after a while, but with a crew to admire your work, you have an endless supply of commentators on your gallery.

Come join a crew today that just plain gives a crap. Get In On It!

dmassaiii
  • dmassaiii

GTA Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

Too serious about this to just let this go. It's only my brother and I on PS3 and one like-minded individual on Xbox, but we know there's more of you guys out there! People to actually help you out, back you up, keep you informed, and answer your questions. Seriously, folks!

dmassaiii
  • dmassaiii

GTA Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

Just made a quick post about how the call in services was going to be half off until a week from this Sunday in the crew. Small things like that, people. You know you want in. A place you can be proud to invite your buddies. It's a soldier-type crew, so the Ranks are actual Ranks. Currently following two Twitch Channels:

http://www.twitch.tv...argames/profile (Rock*, of course)

http://www.twitch.tv...plified/profile (Amplified)

and honorable mention was an Asian chick that tried, and had a nice set-up (page-wise is all I'm going to admit to here), but ultimately was a Rage Quitter.

Even being able to interact with each other remotely by viewing streams together. Can your crew offer that?

dmassaiii
  • dmassaiii

GTA Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:00 AM

To become better versed in all aspects of the game, and therefore Crew Leader, I am in the process of creating a Team Deathmatch that I believe has everything it needs for R* Certification. Will keep all posted!

dmassaiii
  • dmassaiii

GTA Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

Team Deathmatch, 4-16 Players, 10 min./20 kills

http://socialclub.ro...rFEicBLKdC_APHQ

Good Fence, Bad Neighbors

So far, I have gotten great response, and even had it featured on Taurus_gurl's Twitch channel! That was pretty big for me. Try it out and tell me what you think!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users