Photo

Can't access multiplayer mode because it says I must log into GFWL

2 replies to this topic
GTA_BR89
  • GTA_BR89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:55 PM Edited by GTA_BR89, 08 August 2014 - 10:56 PM.

I'm already logged in Rockstar Games Social Club and GFWL while in-game (Games For Windows Marketplace client is already installed as well) and then I choose the multiplayer option on the phone, but then this message appears:

"You must be connected to Games for Windows - LIVE to access multiplayer"

I can save and load my game normally, my LIVE account is linked to RGSC profile but I can't play online due to this error. How do I access multiplayer mode? Thanks in advance.

If it's worth mentioning, I bought the complete collection on Steam.

ZacJF
  • ZacJF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:53 AM

I need help with this exact same problem. 

GTA_BR89
  • GTA_BR89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hey man, I managed to solve this issue. GFWL files were corrupted when I installed the game after downloading it on Steam. I uninstalled GFWL and all its compnonents (Marketplace, LIVE Redistributable and Sign-In Assistant and then deleted all registry keys with "GFWL" strings). Then I reinstalled GFWL Marketplace client and logged in, started GTA IV again and logged in my Live account again, and now everything is working, like chatting, messages etc, and I can access multiplayer once more. 

Try to check if the profile you logged in with is not an offline one, otherwise several GFWL services won't be available, like multiplayer mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users