Hitman Series Chat

28 replies to this topic
nikolibrety
  • nikolibrety

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

This thread is for talking about the original Hitman games(Codename 47, Silent Assasin, Contracts and Blood Money).

Me personally I was Introduced to Hitman through Contracts then bought the Professional Edition of Absolution and played the first couple of levels then started playing Blood Money which I loved. Just Recently I replayed Blood Money which inspired me to make this thread.I will start off this thread by asking what is your favorite Hitman mission and why. Also I'd like to ask has anyone gotten the cheats working on the PS2 version of Blood Money?

• the ironic one likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Only played Blood Money and Absolution, BM was definitely the better game. What killed Absolution was the broken disguise system and linear levels.

I plan on buying the HD remake soon.
  • Daz likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hitman is the ultimate stealth games, puts Splinter Cell and MGS to shame

• Daz likes this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

Don't take life too seriously. You wont get out of it alive.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by browar25, 08 August 2014 - 08:34 PM.

This game is a piece of art. I'm in love with the series since the C47 until today. I played C47, H2, Contracts and Blood Money. Mastered them all to perfection and I was only killing the contracted targets without using guns (with few exceptions when it was impossible). My favourite missions are Lee Hong Assassination (C47 - Lee assassinated with a knife (he didn't notice me), without killing his bulky bodyguard), and meet your brother (killed all clones with syringe injection and they didn't even noticed me). I'd play Absolution if my PC weren't a piece of crap. And books are great, too. Enemy within and Damnation. I remember this f*king nostalgia blowing my mind to pieces when I was playing Contracts years after C 47 with this unbelievable dark atmosphere. Funny that It's been so many years since the first Hitman game was released and still this is the only game about the assassin on the market :)

Edit: And if you started with Contracts and you like it, I'm sure you'll appreciate C47 and SA, as well. They both are great games and in order to understand the plot properly you should complete them, too.

• Daz, Shmoopy, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 1 other like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

My first Hitman was the Codename 47 and the my favourite mission was the one in the hotel because of how huge it is.

I hope the next Hitman is more like the old ones which the Dev's said it will be.

• Daz and the ironic one like this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:39 AM Edited by browar25, 09 August 2014 - 11:39 AM.

Yep, it's a great mission as well, with a lot of neat little features, like a box of flowers with a shotgun and Luger parabellum.

Question: What are your favourite weapons?

Mine are .22 suppressed based on Ruger .22 (H2 Silent Assassin) and our brain which we can use to fake accidents in Blood Money.

• Daz and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

My favourite weapon is the fibre fire  :p

I rarely use guns, but my favourite would be the WA2000 sniper. The suitcase is badass.

Some of my best missions are Tradition of the Trade, House of Cards

• Daz and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

Fully upgraded Silver Ballers from Blood Money. You could send people flying with them sh*ts.
  • Daz likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:20 PM Edited by Frantz Fuchs, 09 August 2014 - 06:23 PM.

Only played Blood Money and Absolution, BM was definitely the better game. What killed Absolution was the broken disguise system and linear levels.

I plan on buying the HD remake soon.

It is so worth it. Contracts especially is very dark and gritty, and its music is eerie, puts you right in the mood. It won some music awards as well. I recommend you play it with the lights off

• Daz and the ironic one like this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

True words. Music is great in Contracts and the whole series got nice music. My favourite mission in Blood Money was "You Better Watch Out..." mainly due to the music. The atmosphere was great. I still listen to the Contracts' soundtrack. Definitely the best soundtrack of the series:

• Daz and Max Payne like this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

This game is a piece of art. I'm in love with the series since the C47 until today. I played C47, H2, Contracts and Blood Money. Mastered them all to perfection and I was only killing the contracted targets without using guns (with few exceptions when it was impossible). My favourite missions are Lee Hong Assassination (C47 - Lee assassinated with a knife (he didn't notice me), without killing his bulky bodyguard), and meet your brother (killed all clones with syringe injection and they didn't even noticed me). I'd play Absolution if my PC weren't a piece of crap. And books are great, too. Enemy within and Damnation. I remember this f*king nostalgia blowing my mind to pieces when I was playing Contracts years after C 47 with this unbelievable dark atmosphere. Funny that It's been so many years since the first Hitman game was released and still this is the only game about the assassin on the market :)

How do you guys master the stealth aspects of Hitman? I know it's not a run & gun shooter (obviously), but I've seen playthroughs where guys would stay waiting in a closet for 10 minutes. How do you guys that admire the series do it? Memorizing guard patterns and figuring out escape routes etc..

And also, what do you guys think about the new Hitman that's bound to come out later for Next Gen?

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

The Milf Man

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Just read about the new hitman and its returning to the old school style. No mission checkpoints, no magic pockets for agent 47, and the levels are full of detail.

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

How do you guys master the stealth aspects of Hitman? I know it's not a run & gun shooter (obviously), but I've seen playthroughs where guys would stay waiting in a closet for 10 minutes. How do you guys that admire the series do it? Memorizing guard patterns and figuring out escape routes etc..

And also, what do you guys think about the new Hitman that's bound to come out later for Next Gen?

Usually by approaching one mission many times, trying new methods. Sometimes just thinking about new ways and then testing these new concepts in practice. At the very beginning of my journey with the Hitman series I just wanted to complete the game, I was shooting a lot when I found that planning and being like a shadow is much more interesting. So I wanted to be better and better. Finally, I only was satisfied if I eliminate the target without using a gun and if he didn't even notice me. Just dies unconsciously. And yes, staying in a closet is a part of the gameplay, but believe me it's more enjoyable than it seems to be ;) I would say that I admire the achievement, because it's not easy to master a mission in Hitman, especially in C47 which is designed to use guns more often (obviously I always try to avoid using a gun). And It was even more rewarding because you have to perform actions that are beyond the possibilities assumed by programists. For example: you earn $15k for "Lee Hong assassination", I earned $20k because I killed less people than it was possible (I didn't kill a waiter, which seemed impossible at the beginning - don't ask me how many times I approached this mission, though :) ), at lest according to the creators.
As I said I haven't played Absolution yet. It seems too easy though. I'm pretty sure I'd miss the stats since they aren't avaible in Abso. Wihich means that I can't get All Zero any more. And I don't know much about new Hitman since I can't even play Abso because of my PC which is too old.

Just read about the new hitman and its returning to the old school style. No mission checkpoints, no magic pockets for agent 47, and the levels are full of detail.

It sounds good to me :)

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

It's the beauty of Hitman. When you start a new mission, it doesn't guide you on everything like other games. You have to go along with it, use disguises, just try to avoid doing anything suspicious and try to lure your targets away from sights.

New Hitman sounds good, they say they're going back to the roots, but I'll hold my judgement until I see some gameplay.

True words. Music is great in Contracts and the whole series got nice music. My favourite mission in Blood Money was "You Better Watch Out..." mainly due to the music. The atmosphere was great. I still listen to the Contracts' soundtrack. Definitely the best soundtrack of the series:

This is my favourite 

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by browar25, 10 August 2014 - 03:36 PM.

Yeah, this one is great as well. The whole soundtrack is perfect and combined with the graphics makes the atmosphere so dark and gritty that we could cut it with a knife. If it'd been a horror I'd have sh*ted my pants, for sure.

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

The Milf Man

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

I really need to buy the HD collection.

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

It's definitely worth it.

• Max Payne likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Anyone know the theme in BM when you get caught?

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

I searched the soundtrack but I couldn't find this song. Also I suppose that you're asking about the one when Diana comes to 47's hideout. It seems that it's not included in the soundtrack.

Btw. this is my favourite in BM:

• Majestic81 likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Anyone know the theme in BM when you get caught?

It is called Rocky Mountains (Track 12 OST)

dannybatesu9387
  • dannybatesu9387

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:48 PM Edited by dannybatesu9387, 10 August 2014 - 03:48 PM.

Loved all the games except for Absolution, which sucked IMO.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by browar25, 10 August 2014 - 04:58 PM.

Q: What's your favourite Hitman Game?

For my taste it's Contracts because of the great soundtrack and atmosphere. And It was nice to see a new concept and design for some of the C47 missions.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

no magic pockets

If we are talking about large weapons, sure, but I always loved being able to grab as many concealable weapons as I wanted. Because technically that isn't exactly unrealistic. I can easily pocket 6 pistols and not look out of place.

I never had a decent PC so I have never played the first game, but ever since Hitman 2 on PS2 I have been hooked and still consider this series, with max payne, MGS and SOCOM as the best shooters of the PS2 era.

I loved the weapons and difficulty of Hitman 2, but Contracts improved the shooting mechanics, and added a lot more, plus the levels (despite all being night time and raining) were even better and had more options. Though some Hitman 2 levels were f*cking massive and amazing for that point in time. Blood Money further improved upon everything and I feel that is the peak of the Hitman games. However the shooting mechanics and movement animations were not as good as they were in Contracts and though it offered a whole load of new awesome features. I really missed being able to take in as many concealables into a level as I wanted.

What we need is Blood Money with improved animations and shooting mechanics. Options for the gun customizing open for every weapon in the game. And each level being a whole lot bigger and that is all you need.

Any of those PS2 era games were so good that even just making a new one with the same engine and graphics even would excite the f*ck out of me.

It is a shame Absolution completely shat on everything that was good about Hitman. Hidden in plain sight is the key to the game, why they added a cover mechanic is beyond reasoning. They pissed all over the disguise system so you could no longer blend in with the guards, yet you could kill the only one chef in the house and be able to walk around unchallenged. It made no sense. And don't get me started about the bullsh*t xray vision and face hiding bullsh*t.

Such crap. I loved planning out the whole level and doing it right. Each level was a piece of art that you would perform. I never once saved mid mission in any of the games. It was just not something that even occured to me. I want to get it right.

Anyway I hope they learnt from their mistakes with Absolution and they actually make something truly next gen and restore the Hitman name to what it used to be.

It is just baffling because they have a niché with the Hitman series, NOTHING else even exists that is anywhere close to being similar. Why piss that away and turn the game into a user friendly stealth game? It is dumb.

Blood Money + large maps + lots of options and variety = all we need.

• Booze, ClaudeSpeed1911, Vercetti42 and 1 other like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:44 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 11 August 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Contracts was brilliant. Oh god, I rememeber how me, my cousin and brother used to plan ourr way through every single level... that kind of stuff is pretty much non-existent in Absolution.

Absolution isn't a bad game, I had fun with it but out of all the hitman games I've played it is easily the weakest. It felt like playing Max Payne with stealth. Agent 47 isn't a badass and the story and atmosphere sucked.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

You are right, Absolution isn't a bad game, it isn't too bad as a stealth shooter/melee attacking game.

But as a Hitman game it fails terribly.

I crave for those moments where you could throw your weapons down a laundry chute or hide them on a food crate, or throw them over a fence to retrieve them in a guarded area.

So f*cking satisfying.

Absolution was ruined by it's plot. Taking 47 away from straight forward hits ruined the flow of the game. Having a section that did not have a target made the game pointless.

I wouldn't play a farm simulator to have to deal with the farmer's backstory and family problems, I play it because of his job. Because I want to farm sh*t. Same goes with Hitman. I couldn't give a sh*t about his emotions or personal investment. I just want to be a Hitman and kill targets. That always must be the main focus.

It also ruined Absolution by forcing hostile and constant alert status parts that you had no choice but to sneak away from. If we were a good Hitman that would not have happened. We would not need to do that.

I hate being forced into bullsh*t scenarios, like escaping the burning building, getting knocked out by some fat f*ck, and being framed. Wtf is the point of 47 if he can just get jumped like that. Totally out of character for him, it was utter bullsh*t.

I hated that sh*t.

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

The Milf Man

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

no magic pockets

If we are talking about large weapons, sure, but I always loved being able to grab as many concealable weapons as I wanted. Because technically that isn't exactly unrealistic. I can easily pocket 6 pistols and not look out of place.

I never had a decent PC so I have never played the first game, but ever since Hitman 2 on PS2 I have been hooked and still consider this series, with max payne, MGS and SOCOM as the best shooters of the PS2 era.

I loved the weapons and difficulty of Hitman 2, but Contracts improved the shooting mechanics, and added a lot more, plus the levels (despite all being night time and raining) were even better and had more options. Though some Hitman 2 levels were f*cking massive and amazing for that point in time. Blood Money further improved upon everything and I feel that is the peak of the Hitman games. However the shooting mechanics and movement animations were not as good as they were in Contracts and though it offered a whole load of new awesome features. I really missed being able to take in as many concealables into a level as I wanted.

What we need is Blood Money with improved animations and shooting mechanics. Options for the gun customizing open for every weapon in the game. And each level being a whole lot bigger and that is all you need.

Any of those PS2 era games were so good that even just making a new one with the same engine and graphics even would excite the f*ck out of me.

It is a shame Absolution completely shat on everything that was good about Hitman. Hidden in plain sight is the key to the game, why they added a cover mechanic is beyond reasoning. They pissed all over the disguise system so you could no longer blend in with the guards, yet you could kill the only one chef in the house and be able to walk around unchallenged. It made no sense. And don't get me started about the bullsh*t xray vision and face hiding bullsh*t.

Such crap. I loved planning out the whole level and doing it right. Each level was a piece of art that you would perform. I never once saved mid mission in any of the games. It was just not something that even occured to me. I want to get it right.

Anyway I hope they learnt from their mistakes with Absolution and they actually make something truly next gen and restore the Hitman name to what it used to be.

It is just baffling because they have a niché with the Hitman series, NOTHING else even exists that is anywhere close to being similar. Why piss that away and turn the game into a user friendly stealth game? It is dumb.

Blood Money + large maps + lots of options and variety = all we need.
That would make a danm good game.

nikolibrety
  • nikolibrety

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

My personal favorite Hitman game is Blood Money becasue of all the creative levels like the heaven and hell party and all the time I spent playing it on my PS2, but now as I play Contracts some more I begin to love it much more. For example the Meat Kings party has such an creepy and eerie tone that you just want to take a shower right after playing it. My personal favorite missions are A New Life, The Meat Kings Party, You Better Watch Out , Flatline and A Dance With The Devil. I havent gotten around to playing much of Absolution other than the first three levels and so far there is not much of the wonderful open ended nature of the previous games in the levels I have played.One of my favorite osngs in the series is the club music in The Meat kings Party,It just sucks you into the atmosphere right away.

I know I said this in the first post, but has anyone tried the cheats on the ps2 version of Blood Money? Personally I just want know where do I try them out to get them to work.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

Except Absolution, all the games are absolutely classic, and Hitman 2 - SA being the ultimate hitman experience and challenging game of them all, IMO.
I still remember on Hitman 2 release, the days when Hitmanforum was extremely active, and the community totally dedicated in sharing new findings, alternative solutions, and the 'All Zeros' challenges.
I can't describe the craze I've had during the releases of each game. Hitman Contracts couldn't maintain that appeal, but it was still a good game.
And, what better way to introduce the new fans, why we still enjoy the old school hitman style and the missions with Blood Money, that pretty much brought back that lost excitement to the series, even though it was still not hardcore as the previous games, rather easy.
Here's hoping, the next installment brings back the ultimate challenges and scenarios, with bigger areas, and overall impressive hitman gaming over the crap Absolution!!

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

It seems that the only thing about Absolution that may attract my attention is the story since there is not much left of the old good Hitman gameplay. I'd like to get a new Hitman game even with Hitman Silent Assassin graphics, just push the story forward and give me the original gameplay.
Another great thing about Blood Money. When I was testing guns at the hideout I found that my HUD gun sight (I don't know the english word) never gets back to the same position. I have to correct it after each shoot. In fact, I've never used guns during actual gameplay. But this is something we should be given in FPS games if we really want to call them realistic.

• Max Payne likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users