37 replies to this topic
Tiago90
  • Tiago90

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Greattings my fellow gammers.

I’m currently developing the last stage of my masters degree about videogames whose title is “A  importância das Narrativas e da Jogabilidade na produção de Videojogos” (or “ The importance of the narratives and gameplay in videogame production”. I would appreciate if you could spend some of your time answering a brief survey, it won’t take more than 5 minutes.

The survey focuses Grand Theft Auto V, Game which is the main stone of my practical work.

The selection of this game was due, not only for its history, but for its gameplay and market notoriety (for example in sales).

Link to the survey:  https://tiagoaparici...m.com/to/lsDPdS

Everyone can answer to the survey, provided that you have played or at least that you have some founded or justified impression/idea.

I will be grateful to those who can help me.

My best regards

NikoJohnsonToreno
  • NikoJohnsonToreno

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Greattings my fellow gammers.

I’m currently developing the last stage of my masters degree about videogames whose title is “A  importância das Narrativas e da Jogabilidade na produção de Videojogos” (or “ The importance of the narratives and gameplay in videogame production”. I would appreciate if you could spend some of your time answering a brief survey, it won’t take more than 5 minutes.

The survey focuses Grand Theft Auto V, Game which is the main stone of my practical work.

The selection of this game was due, not only for its history, but for its gameplay and market notoriety (for example in sales).

Link to the survey:  https://tiagoaparici...m.com/to/lsDPdS

Everyone can answer to the survey, provided that you have played or at least that you have some founded or justified impression/idea.

I will be grateful to those who can help me.

My best regards

I done it :)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

I dunno if this was the right spot to post it, but I did it.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

Survey completed :-)

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:33 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 08 August 2014 - 03:37 PM.

Your survey crashed my browser twice. NO.

--

Got it working. The options are too restrictive. I can't answer some of these questions honestly. 

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

Survey complete

Dark Bordeus
  • Dark Bordeus

The biggest scumbag in the world

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

done

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

Keep calm and remember my... Uhhh NAMEEEE

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Done. It was fun actually, had some interesting questions like the narrative and such

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Cool survey bro, best of luck with the masters'.

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

That creepy guy who always looks at you funny on the subway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Just completed your survey. Good luck on your masters! 

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Just completed it.

I notice violence was mentioned a few times in it - I do hope this isnt a survey of crime/violent games = violent people.

Tiago90
  • Tiago90

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Thanks a lot guys for taking the survey. It will be online at the end of the month :)

Just completed it.

I notice violence was mentioned a few times in it - I do hope this isnt a survey of crime/violent games = violent people.

I only do a question about violence because of the theme of the game. The thesis it's only about narrative and gameplay.

• Sting4S and Blennerville like this

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:53 PM Edited by gtamad8, 09 August 2014 - 01:54 PM.

The "how many hours do you spend playing GTA V" was pretty confusing. More than a 100 hours what, in a week? Ever? Also with question 5, I don't play daily so I was forced to choose 30 minutes which in turn gives you inaccurate results.

strakan7
  • strakan7

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by strakan7, 09 August 2014 - 03:32 PM.

Survey done, best of luck with the Degree ;)
My input though...

questions are too restrictive, for example question 6 doesnt leave an option for 'Advertising, speculation, media hype etc'
7: gives options for what you like best but the features i like best are far from being good, let alone brilliant.
And question 14 leaves no room to make a comment on the issue of computer game violence converting to real life violence.
I can only assume you dont care so ill share it with you.
Computer game violence is a symptom of our culture, not a deciding factor of it. Games like this are aimed at audiences of such an age or maturity that the narrative and story is the real entertainment, while the freedom of personal choice is a refreshment, especially in this day and culture of hyper sensetivities and offence taken at every turn. Computer games like this arent for children it is the parents who through some reason or another allow their kids to do/say/play/whatever they want without thinking of the consequences or making an attempt to limit the actions or activities of the children. Even that said, this doesnt make kids abusive or violent. Again it is the fault of society that causes frustration due to social immobility that makes people appeal to freedom of choice entertainment such as video games, especially open world games with realistic elements. Also when games like this get the advertising that they do, people buy them because thats what advertising is for. So the result is that people who commit violent crimes are as likely to play GTA V as a vicar of a quiet village in Wales. Almost anyone from any corner of society can enjoy video games.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

Did it already :)

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:32 AM

the problem with this survey is that it assumes that you like V's story and gameplay
  • strakan7, Blennerville and maxpaynefan like this

Tiago90
  • Tiago90

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Survey done, best of luck with the Degree ;)
My input though...

questions are too restrictive, for example question 6 doesnt leave an option for 'Advertising, speculation, media hype etc'
7: gives options for what you like best but the features i like best are far from being good, let alone brilliant.
And question 14 leaves no room to make a comment on the issue of computer game violence converting to real life violence.
I can only assume you dont care so ill share it with you.
Computer game violence is a symptom of our culture, not a deciding factor of it. Games like this are aimed at audiences of such an age or maturity that the narrative and story is the real entertainment, while the freedom of personal choice is a refreshment, especially in this day and culture of hyper sensetivities and offence taken at every turn. Computer games like this arent for children it is the parents who through some reason or another allow their kids to do/say/play/whatever they want without thinking of the consequences or making an attempt to limit the actions or activities of the children. Even that said, this doesnt make kids abusive or violent. Again it is the fault of society that causes frustration due to social immobility that makes people appeal to freedom of choice entertainment such as video games, especially open world games with realistic elements. Also when games like this get the advertising that they do, people buy them because thats what advertising is for. So the result is that people who commit violent crimes are as likely to play GTA V as a vicar of a quiet village in Wales. Almost anyone from any corner of society can enjoy video games.

I need to restrict some questions because i will analyse every response in SPSS, to reach any conclusion about the gameplay and narratives.
Thanks alot for your comment on the issue of computer game violence converting to real life violence, i dont have a direct question about the violence theme because my masters isn't about that but is a interesting theme no doubts.

Did it already :)

Thanks alot !

pajkosinjoSRB
  • pajkosinjoSRB

Corn

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

Done.

Tiago90
  • Tiago90

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Done.

Thanks !!!

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

I'll may do the survey later, but I took a sneak peek

and answerd first question without sending (Just looked up).

Well, I think I've to take my time for that, to be really helpful :)

Tiago90
  • Tiago90

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

I'll may do the survey later, but I took a sneak peek

and answerd first question without sending (Just looked up).

Well, I think I've to take my time for that, to be really helpful :)

You have time to respond, It will be online until the end of the month :)

Gr33n17
  • Gr33n17

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Was there a reason why you only have 14 questions?

Because with such an interesting topic I thought there would have been more detailed questions on the gameplay and narrative.

Good luck!

calearne
  • calearne

#TeamWakeEmUp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Done.

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

DONE

Tiago90
  • Tiago90

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Done.

DONE

thanks a lot for the responses !

Was there a reason why you only have 14 questions?

Because with such an interesting topic I thought there would have been more detailed questions on the gameplay and narrative.

Good luck!

I had many more questions, but if I had a survey with more than 30 questions no one would answer due to the time it would take to respond.

Thank you.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Done. Good luck on the masters!

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

Submitted with a great amount of detail bud. Good luck!!

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hey m8 why you only join 3 days ago and now want us to day a servey? I'm curious

dfgh1.gif

Tiago90
  • Tiago90

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

Done. Good luck on the masters!

Thank you.

Submitted with a great amount of detail bud. Good luck!!

thanks for your detailed answers, for sure will be very useful for my masters.

Hey m8 why you only join 3 days ago and now want us to day a servey? I'm curious

dfgh1.gif

The answer is simple, this forum has lots of users playing GTA V and i need alot responses of people with knowledge of the game  to make my research viable.

I'm not interested in the theme of violence in games, i just made some questions about violence because its the theme of the game.

When i finish the search, I will provide the results of the surveys to everyone see.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

good luck with your masters then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users