Quantcast

» «
Photo

Account reinstatement request

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Best Answer Azazel, 08 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

As this was carried out prior to the policy change, I think we'll make an exception and unban your old account. I messaged an admin who should sort you out when he has a moment. :)

Go to the full post

18 replies to this topic
FurryMonkey2
  • FurryMonkey2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hi.  Sorry for the 2nd account but I did email [email protected] and it got rejected.

I asked for my account to be "busted" a while back due to real world commitments.  I'd like it reinstated now please, and obviously get rid of this one in the process.  My original username is Furry_Monkey.

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Due to recent policy, moderators no longer ban / unban on request.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Oracle

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

...because they apparently cant unban after being permabanned anymore

FurryMonkey2
  • FurryMonkey2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

So what do I do then?  I don't want to have a secondary account as I have existing threads that I'll want to return to (when relevant).  Can I contact an administrator to do this?

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Oracle

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

i dont remember exactly what the mods said, you can ask them

but im pretty sure that something happened which wont let them or admins unban a permanently banned account

slohbur
  • slohbur

wow

• V Staff
  • Unknown
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

You can ask an admin to change your name to FurryMonkey and use this account you now created. Its not possible anymore to "revive" banned accounts.

Xyn
  • Xyn

ill

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

So what do I do then?  I don't want to have a secondary account as I have existing threads that I'll want to return to (when relevant).

Should've thought of that when you "left".

You requested to be 'banned', not 'on vacation'.

• Andreas likes this

FurryMonkey2
  • FurryMonkey2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

You can ask an admin to change your name to FurryMonkey and use this account you now created. Its not possible anymore to "revive" banned accounts.

Any idea how I can get in touch with an admin?  I couldn't find anything anywhere about contacting them, other than the email address that doesn't work.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Why people ask for their accounts to be banned instead of just leaving I'll never understand

FurryMonkey2
  • FurryMonkey2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Any idea how I can get in touch with an admin?  I couldn't find anything anywhere about contacting them, other than the email address that doesn't work.

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

You'll just have to make a new thread, or ask it here and if a senior moderator sees it I'm sure they will help you.
  • FurryMonkey2 likes this

FurryMonkey2
  • FurryMonkey2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

So what do I do then?  I don't want to have a secondary account as I have existing threads that I'll want to return to (when relevant).

I didn't actually give a reason for wanting to leave.  I wasn't aware that that was a requirement, and it was, as I said, real life commitments and therefore not relevant to anyone on here.  It's not as if I left (or was "banned") because I was a trouble maker.  Quite the contrary, actually.

• Anger Personified likes this

FurryMonkey2
  • FurryMonkey2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

You'll just have to make a new thread, or ask it here and if a senior moderator sees it I'm sure they will help you.

Thanks Franceska.  I'll leave it in this 1 thread and hope someone relevant sees it, rather than spam another one.  Spamming wouldn't be the best return in the world, would it? :p

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

I didn't actually give a reason for wanting to leave.  I wasn't aware that that was a requirement, and it was, as I said, real life commitments and therefore not relevant to anyone on here.  It's not as if I left (or was "banned") because I was a trouble maker.  Quite the contrary, actually.

No, but you did get banned because you asked to be banned instead of just logging out and not returning. New policy means you won't get unbanned and I doubt even an admin will give you your account back because that defeats the purpose of the policy.

FurryMonkey2
  • FurryMonkey2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

No, but you did get banned because you asked to be banned instead of just logging out and not returning. New policy means you won't get unbanned and I doubt even an admin will give you your account back because that defeats the purpose of the policy.

Yeah, thanks - that's already been cleared up.  I'm waiting for someone with the correct privileges to rename this account now, as stated above :)

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Woops, guess I didn't read correctly. I thought you were waiting on an admin to give you your account back. Pretty sure a name change won't be a problem though.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:08 AM   Best Answer

As this was carried out prior to the policy change, I think we'll make an exception and unban your old account. I messaged an admin who should sort you out when he has a moment. :)

• Anger Personified, Alien and FurryMonkey2 like this

FurryMonkey2
  • FurryMonkey2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

Many thanks.   I really appreciate your help :)

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

Account unbanned.

• Azazel, Furry_Monkey and Alien like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users