9 replies to this topic
Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

Good morning gentlemen,

With this topic I want to adress one big problem with our community nowadays: unoriginality. All these military, gang banger betrayal storylines are getting a little bit too common and boring to play. The point of this topic is to encourage people to take on a new genre: GTA Style storylines. The thing is, the best potential you can get out of DYOM is by making such storylines. Look at The Flats - it was a success. Why? Because it was a GTA style storyline. It had that "GTA" building an empire feeling, well developed characters, just like in GTA and so on, and this is what I miss the most.. I remember these days when people would make such storylines with nostalgia. So yeah.. That's all I wanted to say :D

• Dude1 likes this

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

I should stop sleepwalking.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:49 AM Edited by Juice the Joos, 08 August 2014 - 08:49 AM.

Good morning gentlemen,

With this topic I want to adress one big problem with our community nowadays: unoriginality. All these military, gang banger betrayal storylines are getting a little bit too common and boring to play. The point of this topic is to encourage people to take on a new genre: GTA Style storylines. The thing is, the best potential you can get out of DYOM is by making such storylines. Look at The Flats - it was a success. Why? Because it was a GTA style storyline. It had that "GTA" building an empire feeling, well developed characters, just like in GTA and so on, and this is what I miss the most.. I remember these days when people would make such storylines with nostalgia. So yeah.. That's all I wanted to say :D

Totally agree, i'm just realizing now that some storylines are great, but from the topic they seem like any others.

I still chose the theme of the Army (now moving to something more like ''vigilante'', with the same story on my new storyline), because i had this story in mind for almost 4 years, and i had to do it. (All the friendly characters are old friends of mine.)

Never played The Flats though, i will see if i can play it these days.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:03 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 08 August 2014 - 09:04 AM.

Great point, but to be honest I'm not the biggest fan of storylines. Reason being is that it gets tedious driving from one point to another just to start a mission, when you can simply select each mission one by one after completing them. If storylines had safehouses, gym, burger shot, ammunation, etc. then I'd make more storylines.

However, I agree with you about unoriginality. We need more mission pack's with character building, backstory's, fleshed out missions, stories and characters, much like a GTA story. Instead of "Steve killed John. Kill Steve" 

• Juice the Joos likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Agreed. Also, that's what i'm trying to do here, take a look what should it contain here.

THBP
  • THBP

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:28 AM Edited by THBP, 09 August 2014 - 01:32 AM.

Long Theft Auto (the name already say everything) had a storyline like GTA. Actually, all of my MPs will be like that. LTA was not sucessfully like The Flats, but at least was a good MP. I didn't played yet a lot of MPs, but the MPs that I played was in that style. Probably, already has a lot of guys doing on that style, right? :s

• Dude1 and Juice the Joos like this

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

I think the lack of unique MPs is caused by DYOM limits. I mean, you can think of everything, awesome stories, amazing action scenes, original characters and stuff, but because of DYOM limits, we can't put really ALL of them into our mission. Some things just have to be cut from the original mission we thought in our head.

Still, I do agree about repeating type mission. People should really make unpredictable missions, but then again, not everyone's a storywriter yea?

• Dude1 and Juice the Joos like this

josephmandm
  • josephmandm

RIP lost episode series

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

GUYS I HAVE THE MOST NOSTALGIC STORYLINE EVER FOR ALL YOU WHO KEEP UP WITH THE STORYLINE FROM THE 3D UNIVERSE OF GTA (gta 3, vice city, san andreas, liberty city and vice city stories)

ive been writing this storyline and studying all the major to minor characters and tendancies of the 3d universe for the past month, and we're ready to put it into action!!! it makes sence and flows nicely with the rest of the series and can be played with the other games in chronological order and still make sence!! i have a team put together who is ready to put this project into action, but were all having problems with the "typing bug" (see my topic, dont want to duplicate)

I promise you this will be the best storyline of 2014-2015. we've literally talked to a few rockstar writers and shared some ideas

any help with this issue would be much appreciated and would benefit of us all!

Thanks

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:02 PM Edited by Rytuklis, 18 August 2014 - 03:09 PM.

we've literally talked to a few rockstar writers and shared some ideas

Okay, I liked everything you wrote and I was like "Okay, finally we'll get some play worthy stuff if this guy keeps his promise" until I got to the part I quoted, and then I stopped reading the rest. Do you really think that all of use here are 9 year olds who will seriously believe such bullsh*t? Like Rockstar, who are currently using dollars to wipe their ass, will certainly let you talk to their writers and help you make a storyline in DYOM. I had hopes but it turns out you're just someone who's trying to get people to play your stuff no matter what, and this isn't the topic for that.

But I'll be nice uncle Rytuklis and tell you how to fix your issue - use Hoodlum crack. I know it sounds weird but if fixes the problem.

EDIT: Aaand after reading some of your posts and noticing your obvious lack of common knowledge in usage of computers, my doubts have enlarged. You don't even know how to crack a game properly..

josephmandm
  • josephmandm

RIP lost episode series

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

Thx I ended up using the crack and got it working, my team has already started on the mission.. And ok ok ok.. Ill just let the brilliance of the storyline speak for itself.. :)

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Well, you know, not only GTA style storylines could be a success. Remember Codename:Zulu? It was really popular because it had well thought-out action scenes, balanced and cool gunfights, good story. And it was released when DYOM was most popular. That's why it's good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users