100% completion

9 replies to this topic
LukeH_97
  • LukeH_97

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

So I've decided to finally complete GTA V and was wondering do all the Triathlons have to be completed to fully gain 100% or not because the on in Sandy Shores is bugging me!

emelen
  • emelen

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

Yep, the Triathlons are required for 100% completion..

Don't give up.. I was 2nd/3rd in the swimming, kept falling off my bike and got it stuck behind a crash barrier for what felt like ages, but actually managed to catch and pass most of the other cyclists and finally got into the lead on the running section just as I got to the entrance to the Kortz Centre and managed to get up the hill without being overtaken..

Make sure you have maxed the character's relevant stats - strength, stamina etc and pause the game every 10 mins to give your thumbs a rest.. ;-)

Best of luck..

• LukeH_97 likes this

LukeH_97
  • LukeH_97

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Don't give up.. I was 2nd/3rd in the swimming, kept falling off my bike and got it stuck behind a crash barrier for what felt like ages, but actually managed to catch and pass most of the other cyclists and finally got into the lead on the running section just as I got to the entrance to the Kortz Centre and managed to get up the hill without being overtaken..

Make sure you have maxed the character's relevant stats - strength, stamina etc and pause the game every 10 mins to give your thumbs a rest.. ;-)

Best of luck..

I got to the cyclist part of the (I think Coyote Cross Triathlon were you swim across Alamo Sea) and I accidentally quit :/

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Best of luck..

I got to the cyclist part of the (I think Coyote Cross Triathlon were you swim across Alamo Sea) and I accidentally quit :/

I always accidentally quit because I was hammering X and, don't ask me why, I wanted to turn off the bike's lights (the right button), which is the same button to exit. :p

In all three thriatlons, I ended the swimming part in last or second-to-last, but I would regain most positions in the bike portion and totally destroy on the on-foot part.

LukeH_97
  • LukeH_97

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

Best of luck..

I always accidentally quit because I was hammering X and, don't ask me why, I wanted to turn off the bike's lights (the right button), which is the same button to exit. :p

^ That is the exact same thing I did! 

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yep, though the third one seems tough it's actually not bad at all.. only issue for some would be tapping the X/A button for 30 minutes (though some can manage) just pause the game every 5 minutes or so and take a 10 second break and continue.

Otherwise you shouldn't have any issues whatsoever, it's practically programmed that you keep losing your lead over and over again no matter how far ahead you are so it doesn't matter if you find yourself in last place heading into the bikes or on foot..

One tip to get ahead right away is to swim underwater during the beginning, it's much faster than the rest of the group, after that just take it easy and don't be afraid to slow down a bit during turns so you don't smash your face into a sign like I did my first time.

It's as easy as can be.

• Sofa likes this

CallmeGoat
  • CallmeGoat

Glitches R4 Bitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Im in the exact same boat as you trying to wrap up to 100%. You do need to do the triathlons yes, I'm stuck on the last one too. You don't need to do all of them for the trophy though. I'm leaving that last one alone because it's a pain in my ass if I have 99.9% done and I know that's all that left then Ill do it. Otherwise I am not smashing my controller for 30min on a boring ass triathlon. 

Im almost done with stunt jumps and I have half the bridges and knife flight done. After that I think I have one online trophy left and I'll have 100%

LV007
  • LV007

Crackhead

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Im in the exact same boat as you trying to wrap up to 100%. You do need to do the triathlons yes, I'm stuck on the last one too. You don't need to do all of them for the trophy though. I'm leaving that last one alone because it's a pain in my ass if I have 99.9% done and I know that's all that left then Ill do it. Otherwise I am not smashing my controller for 30min on a boring ass triathlon. 

Im almost done with stunt jumps and I have half the bridges and knife flight done. After that I think I have one online trophy left and I'll have 100%

I wish I would had the Knife Flight's done, I managed to get only one, got now 98,8%

The triathlon was easy for me, but I always want to smash my controller because of the Knife Flights :/

CallmeGoat
  • CallmeGoat

Glitches R4 Bitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

I wish I would had the Knife Flight's done, I managed to get only one, got now 98,8%

The triathlon was easy for me, but I always want to smash my controller because of the Knife Flights :/

I went through all the stunt jumps over the last couple days.... come to find out I somehow missed one! I may say screw it now, I'm am not going through each one again. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

I went through all the stunt jumps over the last couple days.... come to find out I somehow missed one! I may say screw it now, I'm am not going through each one again. 

Yeah, the jumps held me back for ages. I'd missed one at the docks - there's a cluster of them all facing north and one facing south. I'd missed the south-facing one. When I spotted it I was like... "I wonder..."

Hit it, nailed it, 100% complete. I honestly did a little dance. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users