Photo

Custom Radio Station: Coal Rollin' Radio

54 replies to this topic
dme
  • dme

Coal Rollin Radio: DJ Dee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:12 PM Edited by dme, 07 September 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Include this song.

Trust me.

P.S  It's groovy as f*ck.

I like that song, but it doesn't really fit the style of this particular station. We're doing classic southern music, similar to Rebel Radio in GTA V. If we every move on to a different genre to another station, I'll definitely keep this one in mind.

This does seem really interesting. I love radio and I do feel that while some god tracks were on the soundtrack, I could have been alot better.

How are you going to gt past copywrite? Are you going to just be including jingles, DJ chat and comercials while letting poeple download tracks themselves?

Also, Im really interested in this, Im goona start a thread on a similar topic shortly and il post the link here...

How we are using the music will fall under fair use.

CAMF111
  • CAMF111

C-Man

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Fair use is more dseigned for Parodys, Reviews etc. I dont know if distributing the music for use in a game would count as fair use. But what ever.

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Fair use is more dseigned for Parodys, Reviews etc. I dont know if distributing the music for use in a game would count as fair use. But what ever.

Our DJs essentially give a mini-review of each song, but there are no explicit rules for fair use. If we were to be sued for any of the content, the rulings are on a per-instance basis. No songs are being distributed individually and in their pure form and no money is being made from any aspect of this project. No advertisements, no sales, etc.

• Mr. Jago and NoSignal_ like this

CAMF111
  • CAMF111

C-Man

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

Whatever, im not that bothered, and at then end of the day, the worst that would happen is the download would be removed...

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:43 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 13 September 2014 - 05:46 AM.

finally some decent competition ;)

I like the Idea, I did my own Rural styled radio station for San Andreas a few months back. but this is much better ;)

btw to bypass the copyright issue, you can do what I did and use music from Indie artists (you would be surprised at the different styles and genres offered...)

http://www.newground...southern-flavor

^ Pretty much all country music you can find that are royalty free on NG. take your pick

Good luck, and look forward to some healthy competition on custom GTA Stations ;) :p

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

Alrighty, guys. You can go ahead and download what we have. We plan to release this more "officially" soon, but I figure I'd go ahead and post it on this thread since there was a decent amount of feedback earlier on. 

Click Here to be redirected to Dropbox. You can preview the different little segments from there, but I also zipped them all up to you can extract straight into your User Music folder. Let me know what you think.

• Mr. Jago and Eight Ball like this

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:51 PM

I updated the downloads to have proper album covers. Check it out.

Coal%20Rollin%20Radio%20Album%20Cover.jp

Coal%20Rollin%20Radio%20Album%20Drinking

• Mr. Jago likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:19 AM Edited by universetwisters, 29 May 2015 - 05:20 AM.

sh*t son, I downloaded some of the stuff, nice to hear a custom radio station with some good stuff instead of that pussy "royalty free" stuff, especially that George Thorogood song. The commercials I'm not too crazy about, but everything else top notch.

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

sh*t son, I downloaded some of the stuff, nice to hear a custom radio station with some good stuff instead of that pussy "royalty free" stuff, especially that George Thorogood song. The commercials I'm not too crazy about, but everything else top notch.

Aww, the commercials were the most fun parts to make. lol. Thanks for the feedback.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

MAFIA III - OCT 7th, 2016

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

Awesome

I think I'll use it for Euro Truck Simulator 2, my "Self Radio" is full of songs, AND gives me lags.

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:06 AM

Awesome
I think I'll use it for Euro Truck Simulator 2, my "Self Radio" is full of songs, AND gives me lags.

Good idea. Thought about that myself.

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:06 AM

Awesome

Good idea. Thought about that myself.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:25 AM Edited by 018361, 30 May 2015 - 01:08 AM.

I'm gonna give this a try, i'll edit post with impressions. 

Edit: Really nice and brings something new to the table. A bit refreshing after having played the Xbox 360  and PC version with having encountered much of the stations music already. 

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

I'm gonna give this a try, i'll edit post with impressions. 

Edit: Really nice and brings something new to the table. A bit refreshing after having played the Xbox 360  and PC version with having encountered much of the stations music already. 

Glad to hear. We plan to make some more stations of different styles.

I'm Invictus
  • I'm Invictus

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

Hey Davis, I messaged you in private about this mod. Just commenting here in case you haven't gotten notified.

NoSignal_
  • NoSignal_

Can you hear me?

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

This officially completed right? I know it's an old thread but this is awesome.

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:18 PM

Hey Davis, I messaged you in private about this mod. Just commenting here in case you haven't gotten notified.

This officially completed right? I know it's an old thread but this is awesome.

Invictus: Thanks, I got it and just replied.

NoSignal666: Yep, it's finished. There's a few things in the current download that we recorded and forgot to throw in, but other than that it's all available to download. (See the original post here for links).
  • NoSignal_ likes this

CeasarGuy
  • CeasarGuy

Feminist's Nightmare

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:01 AM

Hey! I was watching this thread before it was released, but then I forgot about it, since it took so long, hah. No offence. I was wondering, is there a way to replace this with some in-game station? You could change the name and the icon appearing and it would be displayed as completely different station. Is it possible at all?

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:08 AM

We planned this station around doing it through Self Radio, but I'm talking with some modders about getting our new radio project modded into the game itself so we can to time-based stuff. After speaking with them, its my understanding that you can't currently replace a station, but we are trying to figure out a solution. I'll keep this thread updated, but also be on the lookout for our new project soon. It should be a cool one.

CeasarGuy
  • CeasarGuy

Feminist's Nightmare

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

We planned this station around doing it through Self Radio, but I'm talking with some modders about getting our new radio project modded into the game itself so we can to time-based stuff. After speaking with them, its my understanding that you can't currently replace a station, but we are trying to figure out a solution. I'll keep this thread updated, but also be on the lookout for our new project soon. It should be a cool one.

Will do, I hope you'll succeed at this as it would be amazing to have it instead of a radio station I never listen to anyway :)

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:05 PM Edited by dme, 22 July 2015 - 01:05 PM.

Will do, I hope you'll succeed at this as it would be amazing to have it instead of a radio station I never listen to anyway :)

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can have this in the game right now. If you take a look at the Dropbox link, it has a little README file that explains how to get it in game.

CeasarGuy
  • CeasarGuy

Feminist's Nightmare

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can have this in the game right now. If you take a look at the Dropbox link, it has a little README file that explains how to get it in game.

I meant the modded version - to include this one INSTEAD of some radio station in GTA V. It'd add immersion if it was added via game files. Or at least change self radio icon and name to Coal Rollin Radio

CeasarGuy
  • CeasarGuy

Feminist's Nightmare

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

https://www.gta5-mod.../internet-radio

This mod has came out. It might be useful for you and your future projects. All you'd have to do would be to make your radio available in a single URL <3

• GhostStorm likes this

GhostStorm
  • GhostStorm

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

This mod has came out. It might be useful for you and your future projects. All you'd have to do would be to make your radio available in a single URL <3

Which I believe is possible with Google Drive.

dme
  • dme

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:08 PM Edited by dme, 23 July 2015 - 08:11 PM.

Very cool! I currently run a media server and have actually set this up to work with live streaming already. I'll just need to turn it on again.

Edit: The nice part about this is that it would allow for updates to the station immediately if you were streaming. I will probably structure future station releases (we are working on a new one; more about that later) around having a simple way to apply patch updates, also with streaming in mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users