Photo

Custom Radio Station: Coal Rollin' Radio

34 replies to this topic
dme
  • dme

Coal Rollin Radio: DJ Dee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:12 PM Edited by dme, 07 September 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Include this song.

Trust me.

P.S  It's groovy as f*ck.

I like that song, but it doesn't really fit the style of this particular station. We're doing classic southern music, similar to Rebel Radio in GTA V. If we every move on to a different genre to another station, I'll definitely keep this one in mind.

This does seem really interesting. I love radio and I do feel that while some god tracks were on the soundtrack, I could have been alot better.

How are you going to gt past copywrite? Are you going to just be including jingles, DJ chat and comercials while letting poeple download tracks themselves?

Also, Im really interested in this, Im goona start a thread on a similar topic shortly and il post the link here...

How we are using the music will fall under fair use.

CAMF111
  • CAMF111

C-Man

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Fair use is more dseigned for Parodys, Reviews etc. I dont know if distributing the music for use in a game would count as fair use. But what ever.

dme
  • dme

Coal Rollin Radio: DJ Dee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Fair use is more dseigned for Parodys, Reviews etc. I dont know if distributing the music for use in a game would count as fair use. But what ever.

Our DJs essentially give a mini-review of each song, but there are no explicit rules for fair use. If we were to be sued for any of the content, the rulings are on a per-instance basis. No songs are being distributed individually and in their pure form and no money is being made from any aspect of this project. No advertisements, no sales, etc.

• Mr. Jago likes this

CAMF111
  • CAMF111

C-Man

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

Whatever, im not that bothered, and at then end of the day, the worst that would happen is the download would be removed...

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:43 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 13 September 2014 - 05:46 AM.

finally some decent competition ;)

I like the Idea, I did my own Rural styled radio station for San Andreas a few months back. but this is much better ;)

btw to bypass the copyright issue, you can do what I did and use music from Indie artists (you would be surprised at the different styles and genres offered...)

http://www.newground...southern-flavor

^ Pretty much all country music you can find that are royalty free on NG. take your pick

Good luck, and look forward to some healthy competition on custom GTA Stations ;) :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users