Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do people hate/dislike GTA V so much?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
852 replies to this topic

Poll: Why do people hate/dislike GTA V so much? (385 member(s) have cast votes)

Why do you hate it?

1. Because of the short storyline!!! (29 votes [7.53%])

Percentage of vote: 7.53%

2. Becaue of the bad missions (3 votes [0.78%])

Percentage of vote: 0.78%

3. Because of the ending (4 votes [1.04%])

Percentage of vote: 1.04%

4. Because it doesn't have replayabillity (25 votes [6.49%])

Percentage of vote: 6.49%

5. Because of the protagonists (3 votes [0.78%])

Percentage of vote: 0.78%

6. Because it did not have features that online had. (31 votes [8.05%])

Percentage of vote: 8.05%

7. because the storyline sucked and I disliked/hated it! (28 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

8. I did not dislike, nor hate GTA V. (262 votes [68.05%])

Percentage of vote: 68.05%

Vote
Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

Trolls,  self entitled feeling people.

*Pays 60 dollars for a game and has legit gripes with it*

V fanboys be like "F*CK YOU!!!! YOU'RE ENTITLED TO NOTHING!!!!!!!"

As for the poll, I disliked the game because of the really lackluster story by Rockstar's standards and the main cast of characters being less than stellar, or in the case of Trevor, absolute sh*t.

• Witchking Of Angmar and Drunken Cowboy like this

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Jelly Filled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

It could actually be your controller. One of my controllers turned to the left fine, but turned to the right REALLY slowly.

Have you tried another controller and see if you have the same problem?

No, i haven't. All other shooting games work fine for me. IV, Red Dead and Saints Row, to name a few. I'll definitely give it a try, though.

dillono
  • dillono

Please Assume The Position.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:14 AM

OT: Over time when something is popular and is STILL popular, I guarantee that there will always be people nitpicking it. Just look at Juno, for example, people loved it at first, and then people started to question why they liked it in the first place.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:17 AM

My main gripe with GTA V is the story.

The map in GTA V is the biggest in the series so far, yet the majority of the already short story takes place in the city.

GTA SA's story went all over the map. Same for GTA IV. GTA V just felt lazy and rushed. Seriously, how many interns or new employees did they have work on the game? It feels immature when compared to the previous titles.

• Choco Taco and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:21 AM

I'm surprised actually finding that people prefer V's physics actually (not only vehicle physics, character physics too). You can't grab on to ledges, you can't crouch, you fell with your heads down while falling 2-3 meters, and yet the lackluster static driving physics.

I liked the game, but some of its aspects ruined it. There's a lot more people hating IV than the one hating V.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

This subject has been discussed a lot, spread across different topics and by now, all provide a general view of the players, including the differences that people still mistakenly believe one must accept the game for what it is - despite a history of outstanding that were developed by the same developers, and actually made me and several other fans of the series.
If the game doesn't maintain that appeal, sacrifice the difficulty, downgrade the features from what we know, so as to appeal the casuals and new players who have no f*cking clue what a blast we had playing them, but early enough to recognise this game called GTA V as their favorite and GTA:O as the future of the series by far, I or anybody can't really convince how half-assed and least impressive this addition has been for me.
We all have the knowledge of good and bad, and that's just about it.
You find it amazing while I don't :p

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:48 AM

I'm surprised actually finding that people prefer V's physics actually (not only vehicle physics, character physics too). You can't grab on to ledges, you can't crouch, you fell with your heads down while falling 2-3 meters, and yet the lackluster static driving physics.

I liked the game, but some of its aspects ruined it. There's a lot more people hating IV than the one hating V.

i don't want to start a argument but whats so great about crouching and garbing on to ledges? 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:53 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 08 August 2014 - 03:54 AM.

It could actually be your controller. One of my controllers turned to the left fine, but turned to the right REALLY slowly.

Have you tried another controller and see if you have the same problem?

No, i haven't. All other shooting games work fine for me. IV, Red Dead and Saints Row, to name a few. I'll definitely give it a try, though.

Hmmm. Could very well be the game then. I dunno, I've never experienced that before. It's always been smooth for me, with the exception of framerate drops.

It could be a disc problem as well. Although, if it's only shooting where it happens, that makes it less likely.

you fell with your heads down while falling 2-3 meters

You're telling me you don't do that on a regular basis in real life?

Weirdo.

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

They Dont its just on This  Forum if you go on most other Gaming  sites its Generally well Liked I mean Come on its Got a 9.8 On Imdb. 

IV on the Other hand is still the butt of the Jokes most Places im Afraid  look at it this way Make a IV Vs V Poll on a gaming forum outside of this one and see what happens.

and im not a IV Hater In fact  IV is  My Favorite Gta   just Stating Facts.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:09 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 08 August 2014 - 05:13 AM.

Okay. I'll tell you.

-The police are far too brutal in this game. They have turbo-charged cruisers that just love to defy the laws of physics by suddenly jolting into your rear bumper. It also takes forever to lose even a one-star wanted level, so long in fact that I was surprised to discover you can lose a six-star wanted level in IV even faster.
-A very mediocre music selection. Channel X, East Los FM, Non-Stop Pop FM, and Soulwax FM are all awful.
-A storyline where you're nothing but an errand boy for the government. Very few gangster or mafia elements to be seen. There's nothing wrong with departing from those themes, true, but it just doesn't fit the GTA theme. The villains were poorly-written and Franklin was irrelevant on his own once Trevor came into play.
-A huge map with so much wasted potential. We have a prison, several islands, a forest, a farming town, and some mountains that get little to no use.
-Street races are exclusive to Franklin and are only available at night, making buying and customizing cars for the other two characters a pointless endeavor.
-Random events only happen once unlike in RDR.
-Properties are completely pointless given that you don't royally screw-up the game's final heist. You're assigned errand boy missions like retrieving a stolen pot van or advertising for your movie theater and they don't net any rewards.
-The gunplay is a step down from IV's because they removed enemy health display and targeting specific body parts while locked-on.
-The introduction of shark cards and having poor-paying missions in GTA Online is a worrying sign for R* as a company because they've let greed take precedence over fun. Grinding is the only free way to make any real money, and re-playing missions like Coveted and Rooftop Rumble over and over gets tiring quickly.
  • Choco Taco, JRC99, Witchking Of Angmar and 2 others like this

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

The only person on this forum who likes GTA V

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

Okay. I'll tell you.

-It also takes forever to lose even a one-star wanted level, so long in fact that I was surprised to discover you can lose a six-star wanted level in IV even faster.

Were you playing on a higher difficulty level? For me, it was really EASY to avoid cops.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:21 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 08 August 2014 - 05:22 AM.

i don't want to start a argument but whats so great about crouching and garbing on to ledges? 

Grabbing onto ledges is great when jumping from one place to the next and you can't quite make it far enough. Instead of falling flat on your face and possibly dying like in V, your character will grab onto the ledge and you can pull yourself up in IV...shocking right? 

Crouching is useful in combat to make yourself a smaller target and thus harder to hit at a distance. It's also great for staying behind cover and move freely without having to rely on the retarded cover system that glues you to a wall.

• Choco Taco, Andreas and Kampret like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:28 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 08 August 2014 - 05:32 AM.

Okay. I'll tell you.

-It also takes forever to lose even a one-star wanted level, so long in fact that I was surprised to discover you can lose a six-star wanted level in IV even faster.

Were you playing on a higher difficulty level? For me, it was really EASY to avoid cops.

Yeah, it is pretty easy. Commit crime, switch cars out of sight so your radar icon is grayed out, and you're pretty much guaranteed to lose them. Hell, you can do it at 5 stars if you manage to lose line of sight, and it's a piece of cake. You can even drive in their cone and they won't see you, unless you get too close. Also, if you lose line of sight, switch cars, the cops will park at your last car and you instantly lose the wanted level with "Vehicle found, but suspect is nowhere to be seen" heard in the police scanner.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

I am not self entitled nor am I a nostalgic fanboy. I just hyped it up for myself too much and I believe that's the exact same case for a lot of other people. 

JRC99
  • JRC99

Freak

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

The FIB crap was a bore to play through and ruined what could've been the best story yet.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:45 AM Edited by Osho, 08 August 2014 - 06:51 AM.

I just hyped it up for myself too much and I believe that's the exact same case for a lot of other people.02

No. Hyped about what?
That GTA V is as good as anticipated on every release?
Compared to the last game GTA IV, let alone GTA SA, its average at best. For a game, with this vast map, what you should expect to see?
Outstanding graphics, or more content?
At least, same amount of freedom and open ended *story line* ( not talking about freeroam ), or the heavily scripted mess with little liberty to play the missions, the way you want, unlike the restrictions brought now by switching mechanic in the basic mission structure?
Even the most basic things of the past are kept closed from players interaction. You can't even ride a train or use the interiors outside missions.
Is this a joke? Are five years not sufficient to provide even the basic GTA game, at best?
I could go on and on, 'cause we never hyped anything that's downgraded - if not improved, that affects the serious mayhem we could easily do in SA or IV, on various levels - if not being mean to send the cops on our ass or annoy the npc's for damn pointless reasons, that will be just another solid multiplayer - if not an entirely separate online getting more love, ever since the single player was released.
Oh! How about releasing some minor SP contents till the big surprise? No.
And, you still think we hyped *a lot*.
f*ck No. We didn't go overboard, to say the least.
I read everything Rockstar shared during the development and based on that, I only expected a good experience, that's at best, fine in the execution of what they packed and released. No closed interiors, for instance.
I don't think console limitations could affect in making the features, content or gameplay, overall less impressive than what GTA IV easily offered a good GTA game, without downgrading too much.
GTA V was clearly made with NG/PC in mind and what we got was definitely disappointing, hype has not much to do with it.
Needless to say, but they offered a weak single player simply to attract the crowd towards ONLINE too.

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

@TheMasterfocker: Wait.. you're saying that I drop my head everyday?

@iam2fresh: RyanBurnsRed already explained why grabbing on to ledges and crouching is still relevant.

Insane Elite
  • Insane Elite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

It is a good game indeed. But lacks atention to details.

Lacks attention to details? Hmmm...

http://gtaforums.com...dnt-know-about/

• IDAS Leader and Frito-Man like this

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

I havent got my hands on GTA V yet because im a PC gamer, but that will change this fall :p.

GTA V will not be as disliked on PC as it is on old gen consoles. And no, that's not because of the fact PC version will be improved. It's because PC has modding. Yes you might say Consoles have mods as well but not on a scale PC has. The fact is on a PC you can do with your game anything you want. V:MP will sooner or later come out, offering cool freeroam, RP and other servers which will beat the GTA Online mode. The Video Editor and some player made tools will result in some great machinimas to be made. Various player CLEO scripts and so on that make the game much more enjoyable and so on: this is the PC expierence. And that's why people will love it on the PC platform.

• VCR likes this

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

I havent got my hands on GTA V yet because im a PC gamer, but that will change this fall :p.
GTA V will not be as disliked on PC as it is on old gen consoles. And no, that's not because of the fact PC version will be improved. It's because PC has modding. Yes you might say Consoles have mods as well but not on a scale PC has. The fact is on a PC you can do with your game anything you want. V:MP will sooner or later come out, offering cool freeroam, RP and other servers which will beat the GTA Online mode. The Video Editor and some player made tools will result in some great machinimas to be made. Various player CLEO scripts and so on that make the game much more enjoyable and so on: this is the PC expierence. And that's why people will love it on the PC platform.

have you played it at all? it's crazy how many pc gamers haven't touched the game

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Doesnt seem people are not happy about V. IV was waaaays worse. Also maybe that s because R* paid attention to the map and didnt just give a city and nothing else. Maybe if they gave more than one city almost all of the people would be happy (there will always be some complaining about sth). 

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

have you played it at all? it's crazy how many pc gamers haven't touched the game

"I havent got my hands on GTA V yet". Didnt graduate reading classes? :)

• VCR likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:59 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 08 August 2014 - 10:02 AM. stop pot stirring

Trolls, self entitled assholes and people with nostalgia goggles that make beer goggles look mild in comparison. And whoever says there is no replayability is either trolling, didn't actually try a second playthrough and simply say there isn't or too dumb to realize they could actually make different choices in the heists or the endings. 

Oh but WAAAAAAH, there's not any mini games I like and WAAAAAAH it doesn't have features that were in the game 10 years ago that aren't actually relevant to this game but I don't understand how innovation and development work and WAAAAAAAH the story is too short although I probably complained about the length of IV and am partly responsible for the length of the story and WAAAAAAH us hardcore fans who are 14 years old and weren't actually there from day 1 but claim to have been because it makes it look like I have hair on my nuts don't like the fact that it's not a game that I played for the first time a few years ago but act like I have been actually living inside GTA since before I was born and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

SHUT UP. 

The endless complaining, as far as I can see, is just as bad as when IV game out. I understand that people want to express their dislike, their frustration and disappointment, but the constant, crushing negativity from the same handful of people is boring and depressing. 

And  I know, I don't have to be here. But I come here to talk about a game that I love, have always loved, have enjoyed every iteration of. There are people here that continue to make the same few points over and over and over and I can't understand why they don't just give up and move on. We KNOW you didn't like it. We know WHY you didn't like it. We know you have nothing better to do but repeat that again and again. 

Please just understand that some of us really enjoyed it, continue to enjoy it and would like to be able to discuss it without having to wade through a black mire of negativity and insults for enjoying the game. 

The worst thing is, [comment removed]

• VCR likes this

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

"I havent got my hands on GTA V yet". Didnt graduate reading classes? :)
yes, I can read. I was just asking if you had played it at all. like at a friends house or anything. sorry, the "have you played it at all?" wasn't the right way to start that off

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hate is a strong term of use.. I was disappointing that SP was way to short, but then on the up MP is great and there is no way i'd still be playing the SP game 9 months on, so no, if anything i really love R* for the MP side and for extending my GTA experience and fun for the amount of time it has and still is... 

And as a side thought, the poll will be ineffective and give false data, because surly if you "hate" a game that much,  then why o' why would you be following a forum on it ??? 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

if you "hate" a game that much,  then why o' why would you be following a forum on it ??? 

So that they can repeatedly tell us how much they hate it. And yet many continue to play it. 

Because that's logical AND clever. 

• VCR likes this

Loc14
  • Loc14

King of Los Santos

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

Just the IV fanboys hate V.

But they are also hating SA, just because the games are better than IV.

• IDAS Leader likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

That simply isn't true.

hunk41
  • hunk41

Made Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

It felt like sh*t beacuse i played it on an xbox with a half-broken controller on a horrible battery with really annoying crashes (older model, falcon) and the resolution bled my eye (even from a distance).

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

It felt like sh*t beacuse i played it on an xbox with a half-broken controller on a horrible battery with really annoying crashes (older model, falcon) and the resolution bled my eye (even from a distance).

Definitely R*'s fault. 

• Bi0ha2ard_q8 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users