Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do people hate/dislike GTA V so much?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
852 replies to this topic

Poll: Why do people hate/dislike GTA V so much? (385 member(s) have cast votes)

Why do you hate it?

1. Because of the short storyline!!! (29 votes [7.53%])

Percentage of vote: 7.53%

2. Becaue of the bad missions (3 votes [0.78%])

Percentage of vote: 0.78%

3. Because of the ending (4 votes [1.04%])

Percentage of vote: 1.04%

4. Because it doesn't have replayabillity (25 votes [6.49%])

Percentage of vote: 6.49%

5. Because of the protagonists (3 votes [0.78%])

Percentage of vote: 0.78%

6. Because it did not have features that online had. (31 votes [8.05%])

Percentage of vote: 8.05%

7. because the storyline sucked and I disliked/hated it! (28 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

8. I did not dislike, nor hate GTA V. (262 votes [68.05%])

Percentage of vote: 68.05%

Vote
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Sorry OP, I have many reasons why I dislike it, I cannot just name one. And I've gone over them many times already. 

• Immigration, Osho, Peregrin Brandytook and 1 other like this

Che Guevara_187
  • Che Guevara_187

Rebel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

cuz people just love to hate 

• IDAS Leader and Pastry like this

SKOGS-SKUMMISEN
  • SKOGS-SKUMMISEN

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

Because they are spoiled little squeakers that want take out their sexual frustration on something but gta is not always cod/titanfal/popular-fps with BANG BANG *dead* IN THE SP

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

People had unrealistic expectations. Even I did myself, when it was approaching the Final stages before release. I was thinking to myself "This is going to be the best game ever, imagine all the things we can do." Really overhyping it. 

I was quite disappointed when I finished it, as I felt the story went quite quick. I was one that took my time to, and didn't just rush to the next main mission. 

Since recently though, I've been appreciating it more. Online isn't boring by any means, but I'm pretty burned out on it, so I've been going through the story again and working towards 100% completion. It's bringing back how I felt in September. I'm thinking of doing another Playthrough and making it more difficult for myself, setting myself challenges like only using a Pistol for a mission etc. That could be fun.

I've been going back to Old GTA's too, and my my do you realize how much work went in to this game. Of course the nostalgia makes Vice City etc amazing, along with the fact they are great games, but the visual improvements are still mind blowing to me.

That's good actually. I suggest you wait 'till the PC/NG launch so you can replay it there, and do your challenges, 100% it again, etc. That's what I am going to do :)

Sorry OP, I have many reasons why I dislike it, I cannot just name one. And I've gone over them many times already. 

Many reasons to why you dislike it..?? If you can't name just one reason, nobody will remotely take you serious. And if you dislike it, you need reasons. 

• Pastry likes this

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

find out here! http://gtaforums.com...tch-moan-topic/

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

Many reasons to why you dislike it..?? If you can't name just one reason, nobody will remotely take you serious. And if you dislike it, you need reasons. 

Oh they take me seriously alright. I've discussed this general topic to death already. I'm more specific on what I discuss now. 

• Donut likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:15 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 07 August 2014 - 10:16 PM.

Oh they take me seriously alright. I've discussed this general topic to death already. I'm more specific on what I discuss now. 

And you expect me to know every post you made about why you disliked V? Please, give me some sources on exactly each one and one threads were you posted your opinion on GTA V. 

• Geralt of Rivia, _Kindled_ and Frito-Man like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 07 August 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Because they can't be satisfied about anything.

Trust me buddy. No one on this forum takes you seriously.  :lol:

• Che Guevara_187, Geralt of Rivia and OneManCrimeWave like this

bshs95
  • bshs95

Standard Title

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

I personally really like the game and it is among my favorite games. It is a day one buy from me on PS4 as well, and on of very few games I would buy again on PS4.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:13 PM

short storyline.  3 characters with 69 missions is rediculous.  gta sa had way more and that was with one character!

• Detective Phelps likes this

Mr Makaveli
  • Mr Makaveli

Expect me nigga, I'm Comin'

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

Rockstar could make the perfect game and you'd still have people hating. that's just how it goes

• IDAS Leader and Frito-Man like this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

Dumbed down gameplay - shooting, driving and Euphoria physics. Short and poorly written story. Poorly written characters, with almost no character development. Boring side-jobs and activities and property ownership is just bad. Not so good map design (mountains too large, desert/forest too small)...

There's probably more, but that's the first to come to my mind. This topic wasn't necessary though, as much as i don't like V, there's enough topics about this that are still active.

• Payne likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

I agree with that the storyline was too short, but overall I can't say I dislike V.

• _Kindled_ and Detective Phelps like this

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

How was the shooting dumbed down?
  • CynicalRise likes this

JetsRLove
  • JetsRLove

Jets are love, Jets are life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

Short Storyline but honestly who the hell buys a GTA game for nothing but the storyline. Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Story

• IDAS Leader likes this

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

How was the shooting dumbed down?

wasn't. shooting was %100 better than IV
  • CynicalRise likes this

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:39 PM Edited by Original Light, 08 August 2014 - 12:15 AM.

I feel as if I expected it to be better than it really was, to an extent. I was personally expecting a story the size of GTA IV, give or take a few missions.

The missions were far more varied than GTA IV, and while there weren't as many "Drive here, kill him. Drive here, deliver this" missions, it still felt like less content to me. Even if it was more thought out, it didn't feel that way most of the time.

The entire map didn't have as much character as Liberty City. It didn't feel as real, even though it looked more real (if you're into comparing graphics). Part of the reason for this is simply because the game didn't do as well of a job as GTA IV did making the map not feel isolated in the middle of the ocean. They could have countered this by not restricting the player flying away from San Andreas, and possibly adding a few smaller islands around San Andreas. GTA IV had three large islands, and one small island, which made the map feel bigger in a way. While in GTA V, there's just one large hunk of land in the middle of the ocean, with no smaller islands connecting to it. 

I feel that even GTA IV was flawed in this area, though not as badly. They could have added a tunnel (similar to GTA 3) that could not be entered by the player, basically making the map feel as if it continues. Even L.A. Noire did a great job at this, by blocking off roads at the edge of the map. 

In terms of other areas of the game, I felt as if the main characters were well written, but sometimes I got annoyed by Franklin and Trevor. Michael seemed to be the character that connected to me. Trevor seemed to be slightly over-exaggerated and unrealistic, and Franklin got on my nerves with his complaining, similar to CJ, though they aren't the worst protagonists either. 

Otherwise, GTA V was a good game in my opinion, but it didn't live up to what I was expecting for a five year wait. I'm sure there's many people that can agree with me. Hopefully the PC and next-gen versions can add a bit more the last-gen consoles weren't capable of, and give us the GTA V we really wanted. Though the story won't change, they could add more soundtrack (I felt as if it was small to begin with), add more side-missions, improve gameplay, and give us improved graphics (which we've already seen from the next-gen trailer). I'm also hoping we get some EFLC-styled DLC, though I wouldn't be surprised if they only add something like a few assassination missions.

TL;DR - The story should have been longer, the map felt isolated and some areas lacked character, Michael was the only protagonist I could connect to, and hopefully PC/next-gen can give us the GTA V we expected, excluding the obvious areas, such as the story. I also hope they add EFLC-styled DLC.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:57 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 08 August 2014 - 12:10 AM.

Hopefully PC/next-gen can give us the GTA V we expected, excluding the obvious areas, such as the story. 

Again, so people can gather this in their heads. THE VERSIONS ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT STORY OR MAP ADD-ONS. You're gonna recieve the same game but with a little touched up features. Nothing too major. 

That is unless you were referring to the SP DLC. Now that's a different story.

Dumbed down gameplay - shooting, driving and Euphoria physics. Short and poorly written story. Poorly written characters, with almost no character development. Boring side-jobs and activities and property ownership is just bad. Not so good map design (mountains too large, desert/forest too small)...

There's probably more, but that's the first to come to my mind. This topic wasn't necessary though, as much as i don't like V, there's enough topics about this that are still active.

• Dumbed down? Bitch please. If anything, the gameplay was improved. 
  • The shooting was WAY better than IV. What are you smoking?
  • Oh, and the driving in IV was all glorious? 
  • In some stages, IV's Euphoria was better than V's. But V did fix some things,
  • The story is short, but it's definitely not poorly written--completely.
  • The character's weren't poor, but they weren't great. And if you actually payed attention to the story, the characters DO indeed have development and background.
  • Subjective, I find the side-jobs, activities, and property ownership alright. 
  • Also very subjective. The map is great, it may not be the best, it lacks in some stages, but it's great.

• CynicalRise and Frito-Man like this

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:00 AM Edited by Original Light, 08 August 2014 - 12:02 AM.

Hopefully PC/next-gen can give us the GTA V we expected, excluding the obvious areas, such as the story. 

Again, so people can gather this in their heads. THE VERSIONS ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT STORY OR MAP ADD-ONS. You're gonna recieve the same game but with a little touched up features. Nothing too major. 

That is unless you were referring to the SP DLC. Now that's a different story.

Sorry, bad wording on my part. I basically meant that hopefully it can improve upon a few features, excluding areas like the story, since they wouldn't change that. 

That reminds me, I hope they have some single player DLC, even if it's not EFLC styled DLC. So far it's only been for GTA Online, but I can't complain about free DLC. 

• _Kindled_ likes this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

you have to remember the only people who really bash 5 are in here or san andreas fanboys who expected everything from san andreas and more to be in this game. anyways i think people just had unrealistic expectaions. i know people that were expecting gang wars and basketball and other sh*t because of franklin and people who won't play the game because cj wasn't in it. theirs also that sh*t ton of stuff they removed. am i sad a sh*t ton of stuff got removed hell yes but im sure r* had a good reason. is this game perferct far from it but still a good game nothing-less. i wasn't here when gta 4 came out but everyone i knew hated it and just bash it for stupid sh*t. this game gets nowhere near the hate as gta 4.

• _Kindled_, IDAS Leader and Frito-Man like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

i wasn't here when gta 4 came out but everyone i knew hated it and just bash it for stupid sh*t. this game gets nowhere near the hate as gta 4.

What sort of things did people bash IV for?

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:19 AM Edited by GTARandom, 08 August 2014 - 12:21 AM.

I dislike it a bit because of what it turned the once beloved Rockstar Games into

I wouldn't say i hate it though, it's a damn fine game, no doubt about that!

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

i wasn't here when gta 4 came out but everyone i knew hated it and just bash it for stupid sh*t. this game gets nowhere near the hate as gta 4.

What sort of things did people bash IV for?

the driving,no planes, smaller than san andreas, no gang wars, less missions than san andreas. basically everyone had unrealistic expectations and expected more than san andreas. (even tough 4 is better than san andreas imo)

• _Kindled_ likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

• Dumbed down? Bitch please. If anything, the gameplay was improved. 
  • The shooting was WAY better than IV. What are you smoking?
  • Oh, and the driving in IV was all glorious? 
  • In some stages, IV's Euphoria was better than V's. But V did fix some things,
  • The story is short, but it's definitely not poorly written--completely.
  • The character's weren't poor, but they weren't great. And if you actually payed attention to the story, the characters DO indeed have development and background.
  • Subjective, I find the side-jobs, activities, and property ownership alright. 
  • Also very subjective. The map is great, it may not be the best, it lacks in some stages, but it's great.
  • Shooting is too accurate, with people dying in 1-3 bullets. It's also laggy, but that's probably just console. Overall, i liked IV's a lot better.
  • Yes, the driving in IV was glorious. It was a lot of fun once you got used to it. Especially motorcycles.
  • The story caters to Michael Bay action movie loving Call of Duty players. It was poorly written, the whole FIB/Merryweather plot point was nonsense and there was no "rags to riches" feeling with Frank. He just sorta becomes a millionaire and is completely useless once Trevor enters the mix.
  • I said almost. And my point still stands. The only character who developed was Michael and his family, and that was cheesy. Trevor bitched and moaned the minute he meets M, and continues to the very end unless you choose option C. Frank stayed the exact same the entire story.
  • Subjective, i don't.
  • Subjective, GTA SA and IV's LC were done extremely better.

Throwing out petty insults doesn't help your argument, by the way.

• Official General, The_Anti-tragedy and Payne like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:54 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 08 August 2014 - 01:01 AM.

• Subjective, i don't.
  • Subjective, GTA SA and IV's LC were done extremely better.

Apparently, you have no idea what subjective means.

The first and second insults were actually jokes, if you can't handle jokes, then you don't deserve to be on this forum.

• Shooting is too accurate, with people dying in 1-3 bullets. It's also laggy, but that's probably just console. Overall, i liked IV's a lot better.

If you hadn't sound so biased at first while making your point, then I wouldn't have asked what you were on. 

• The story caters to Michael Bay action movie loving Call of Duty players. It was poorly written, the whole FIB/Merryweather plot point was nonsense and there was no "rags to riches" feeling with Frank. He just sorta becomes a millionaire and is completely useless once Trevor enters the mix.

Apparently you haven't payed attention to the story, there is development, just find it in the story, if you will.

I agree. But everything else I stated has.

• Original Light and Frito-Man like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

It's also laggy, but that's probably just console. 

Laggy? 

Is it stuttering, or is it frame drop? I've never experienced actual lag in SP, unless you count frame drops as lag.

• Scaglietti likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

Well, the story was too short for a game with 3 protagonists, but I don't dislike the game. In fact, I like the game, but I believe that it can be improved.

I can't wait to get the next gen version on my PS4!
  • _Kindled_ likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:25 AM Edited by thekillerdonuts, 08 August 2014 - 02:28 AM.

Laggy? 

Is it stuttering, or is it frame drop? I've never experienced actual lag in SP, unless you count frame drops as lag.

The sensitivity feels sporadic. Sometimes it's slow and randomly gets faster. That and there's another problem, but can't put my finger on it. It just feels unresponsive. I had a similar problem with Max Payne 3, to a lesser extent. Maybe it's just me, though.

EDIT: _Kindled_ is just looking for a useless internet argument. Everything i said was obviously my opinion, it's not my fault you have reading issues. I won't bother with you any further, i'm not the type to go tit-for-tat, fighting about each other's opinions. I guess that means i don't deserve to be on this forum, though. Oh well.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

It is a good game indeed. But lacks atention to details.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:31 AM

It could actually be your controller. One of my controllers turned to the left fine, but turned to the right REALLY slowly.

Have you tried another controller and see if you have the same problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users