Photo

The V:MP 3rd Party Client discussion

137 replies to this topic
WertyRO
  • WertyRO

LAPD

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by WertyRO, 02 January 2015 - 02:02 PM.

UPDATE 02 JANUARY 2015

And this is the official FiveM discussion, the client that will be released by NTAuthority.

http://forum.citizen.re/

INITIAL TOPIC TEXT:
So as NTA said a few days ago, we can expect a 3rd party client, created by him, just 1 month after the release of the game.
This client would be similar to SA:MP, and will allow people to host their own servers, create custom gamemodes with custom scripts and so on.

Let's make this our official discussion, of those who really want this kind of modification, and let's show NTA that it will be worth it.

Please, avoid flaming or any other kind of offense to this topic or to the players that are waiting for this kind of 3rd party client.

Cheers.
  • epoxi, AndyGanteks, GAMIR_GTA and 8 others like this

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

It would definitely be cool to have this. IV:MP ones didn't work out as well as SA:MP and MTA did, but if V:MP can get it right, it's possible.

WertyRO
  • WertyRO

LAPD

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:34 AM Edited by WertyRO, 07 August 2014 - 09:49 AM.

IV:MP was hard to be scripted because of the bad coding of the game.
It was the WORST port ever from consoles to PC, therefore, the IVMP dev team couldn't do much.

NTA said he tried to script something regarded to Max Payne 3 in the past, and that it was hell easy.
He said that coding a client for V:MP will be a piece of cake.

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'm looking forward to this client.

Although I like multiplayer games (I mostly only play MP games), GTA Online still makes me doubt and I think it won't catch me. Maybe it's because in old gen consoles it is limited to 16 players, which in such a big map makes it feel everything but multiplayer. Old maybe I don't really know how the jobs thing work but it does not convince me for now or, well, I'll have to try it myself on PC to judge it properly. Anyways, a V:MP just like SA:MP will get my try.

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

I would definitely support this.

GTAOnline can be boring sometimes.

I remember all the good stunt servers for SA-MP. It was so much fun riding through San Andreas with the NRG and just jump from ramp to ramp. :)

• GAMIR_GTA likes this

WertyRO
  • WertyRO

LAPD

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by WertyRO, 07 August 2014 - 02:18 PM.

ADVISE: NO server advertisement intended!

Not only Stunt servers, but any idea can be brought to life using what SA-MP scripts offer.

Let's see how far did SA-MP go:

So we have plenty of versions here, so we can see how for did it go.

And now let's watch some cool videos with SA-MP now:

1. Stunt servers - we all know it is fun, and the amount of objects that can be placed and the variety make it even more funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKevOjWofJ4

2. RPG servers - basically, a server with multiple scripted factions like gangs, police, paramedics, mobs/mafias, tow car companies, taxi companies, instructor companies and so on - and when a player has joined one of them, the color of his name will be the faction's! Having a lot of scripts that make the gamemode fun, but there are no rules like Metagaming, Powergaming, Revenge Kill and the others, like in the Hard Roleplay servers. (check the link on point 3 for definitions)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxqEckea5Aw

Server factions (example)

3. Hard Roleplay servers -  well, basically a server that imitates real life to the limits of the game. Players do act based on some rules, and the players that do not obey do the rules are punished/banned. Factions are no longer scripted, excepting the Police Department, Medical and Fire Department, and those secondary factions that are created by players, like gangs, that are considered to be adequate to the rank of official (so, scripted). By being scripted, they would be able to create drugs and weapons. On hard roleplay servers, all players' colors are white, therefore metagaming is avoided. Here is a list of all the terms that you need to know, make sure you check it : http://forum.sa-mp.c...ad.php?t=202229

LSPD officers using Team Speak 3 during PURSUIT, roleplaying it as police radio.

Hispanic gang pulls out a drive by on rival gang (as you see, everybody runs away, like they care for their lifes, even though you die, you respawn.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeGKsH895Ms

4. Trucking server 30 trucks convoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSbvTePmcNQ

Hope you enjoy the documentation, let's hope for something like this in V:MP!

Vice city goon
  • Vice city goon

Leone Family

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

I can't wait for this to come out, SA:MP player since 2007 gta:ol is cool for consoles but pc peeps need to have a free mp without r* b.s

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

As much as I hope we get some V:MP. I doubt it'll happen. I'm expecting the same level as IV:MP.

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

As much as I hope we get some V:MP. I doubt it'll happen. I'm expecting the same level as IV:MP.

I'm also very pessimistic. The SA-MP folks definitely WON'T do V:MP. There must be some pretty advanced coder to archieve an actual multiplayer pleasure.

PAWN and SA-MP definitely was the most easiest and powerfull combo that you could get.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

It better be good or they shouldn't even try. Look at the code, asses the situation. If it's hard and you don't have enough teh skillz don't bother.

Razed-
  • Razed-

aka rpg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:55 AM Edited by Darkrebirth, 08 August 2014 - 08:55 AM.

If a group of skilled or known programmers and artists were to make this a reality then I honestly would not mind donating money to the project to compensate for their time and I am sure other members would do the same. I love SA:MP and GTA Online doesn't even get close to it, at least not at it's current stage.

WertyRO
  • WertyRO

LAPD

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:33 AM Edited by WertyRO, 08 August 2014 - 09:34 AM.

Quoting NTAuthority:

applying my transport code to V will be a ton of times easier (in fact, the hardest part can already be done on Max Payne 3, as that uses similarly updated networking frameworks to V) than those alleged-projects do implementing networking from scratch

The big problem of that multiplayer Projects is the time who coders have to dedicate....

i see that since gta 3...

Here's a promise I'll make: I'll have at the least a functional alpha of a multiplayer modification with dedicated servers and custom scripts similar to CitizenMP:IV out for V within 1.5-2 months of release.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

... so anyone remember that 'v-multiplayer.org' site someone linked in the other topic? I just received from a fairly credible source that it's a half-assed ripoff of my code with some weird placeholders added to it already when there's not even any clue on what the game will look like at release as far as binary distribution goes.

So, who'd you rather take a project from? A person who steals implementation ideas, has no clue at all on proper distribution standards, speaks broken English and tries to hype up everything a lot, or me, a person who has experience developing dedicated server-based modifications for later Call of Duty titles, which became sufficiently notable for the publisher -- Activision -- to spend tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees on getting me to stop doing so, has testimonials both from these past communities and even here on GTAForums, has a working framework running on current PC RAGE titles, likes to perform weird experiments ending up in crazy solutions and doesn't think of odd things such as 'supporting 5 scripting languages at the same time'?

Oh, and if anyone knows the current IV .NET script hook; I'm still intending on supporting a similar coding style for CitizenFX, both on IV, V and future public releases on Payne in addition to the current lightweight Lua wrapper.

(and before anyone gets their hopes up, I won't be able to support anything more than 32 players initially; 64 if I can manage to expand it, but would you rather have to wait 3-4 years on someone to make synchronization work properly in their own reverse-engineered code and still not have AI or would you like to play early, with player-proven synchronization by pretty much all current GTA:O players, with full AI support and all the PC features you love?)

• epoxi, uNi, Ash_735 and 10 others like this

Cedimedi
  • Cedimedi

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

SAMP only worked that well because it was 3D-Gen and not HD-Gen. The more complex a game gets, the harder it is to script something. 1000 players on one map, adding tons of objects, ... wasn't a problem because it didn't use alot resources. There were more players for samp cuz there wasn't a multiplayer integrated. 

But i hope it turns out well. Especially RP could be fun in V

WertyRO
  • WertyRO

LAPD

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:21 AM Edited by WertyRO, 09 August 2014 - 01:24 PM.

... so anyone remember that 'v-multiplayer.org' site someone linked in the other topic? I just received from a fairly credible source that it's a half-assed ripoff of my code with some weird placeholders added to it already when there's not even any clue on what the game will look like at release as far as binary distribution goes.

So, who'd you rather take a project from? A person who steals implementation ideas, has no clue at all on proper distribution standards, speaks broken English and tries to hype up everything a lot, or me, a person who has experience developing dedicated server-based modifications for later Call of Duty titles, which became sufficiently notable for the publisher -- Activision -- to spend tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees on getting me to stop doing so, has testimonials both from these past communities and even here on GTAForums, has a working framework running on current PC RAGE titles, likes to perform weird experiments ending up in crazy solutions and doesn't think of odd things such as 'supporting 5 scripting languages at the same time'?

Oh, and if anyone knows the current IV .NET script hook; I'm still intending on supporting a similar coding style for CitizenFX, both on IV, V and future public releases on Payne in addition to the current lightweight Lua wrapper.

(and before anyone gets their hopes up, I won't be able to support anything more than 32 players initially; 64 if I can manage to expand it, but would you rather have to wait 3-4 years on someone to make synchronization work properly in their own reverse-engineered code and still not have AI or would you like to play early, with player-proven synchronization by pretty much all current GTA:O players, with full AI support and all the PC features you love?)

Can I ask you why would you go for AI-present client rather than a no-AI-present client - like SAMP?
The presence of the AI just makes the game look SP-ish, and there would be nothing different. You have SAMP, where the absence of the AI let the space be taken by players.
Maybe there are not enough players? Maybe. But they'll come, the client will expand for sure, and therefore more players.

IMO there should be no AI-presence (peds, cars, etc.), as they ruin the atmosphere. Let the players make the game.
If players want AI-presence, they have GTA:O and IV's default multiplayer.

SAMP only worked that well because it was 3D-Gen and not HD-Gen. The more complex a game gets, the harder it is to script something. 1000 players on one map, adding tons of objects, ... wasn't a problem because it didn't use alot resources. There were more players for samp cuz there wasn't a multiplayer integrated. 

But i hope it turns out well. Especially RP could be fun in V

Not only roleplay, because all kinds of players must be satisfied. But I assure you that as the client will develop available scripts, random scripters will try new things again and again, and there you go, a big number of servers with different types of gamemodes.

I, myself, am a hard roleplayer. I've been hard roleplaying on SA:MP since the end of 2011. It was such a big change from the random stunt/low RPG style.

I just hope the same, that one day, we will have a big community of hard roleplaying on V.

Let's just try to support NTA as much as we can, because he can do it, and he has the will to.

MarshallRawR
  • MarshallRawR

Probably paid by Rockstar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

I just received from a fairly credible source that it's a half-assed ripoff of my code

Someone stealing some of your code?

I feel like having a déjà-vu, here :p

BubbaGoom
  • BubbaGoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

GTA Online for pirates.

Titania
  • Titania

Thanks Tech-Noir for the pic. :)

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

I would love to see this happen.

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

GTA Online for pirates.

Yeah, i hate it when they don't bother adding anti-piracy measures

WertyRO
  • WertyRO

LAPD

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

I just hope there will be a solid and serios team working on a client.
  • FL1K3R likes this

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

That sarcastic asshole you all have grown to love.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

I'd surely love to see this since third party clients allow much more customization to your server then GTA Online. Though I'm skeptical regarding the one month rule. All we know is that they might not succeed at all. They still have no idea what the code will be like so...

GTA Online for pirates.

In third party clients there are roleplay servers, RPG's, deathmatches, freeroams and all kind of unique and innovative stuff, while GTA:Online is limited to a sh*tty freeroam with people running and gunning.

Just Cause 2 third party multiplayer has anti piracy measures, Euro Truck Simulator 2 MP third party client has anti piracy measures. SA:MP had none because the game itself had none. Stop speaking sh*t about stuff you obviously don't know. V:MP is a great thing, because it allows all kinds of servers. I'd like to see you go roleplay in GTA:Online session.

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

I'd surely love to see this since third party clients allow much more customization to your server then GTA Online. Though I'm skeptical regarding the one month rule. All we know is that they might not succeed at all. They still have no idea what the code will be like so...

GTA Online for pirates.

In third party clients there are roleplay servers, RPG's, deathmatches, freeroams and all kind of unique and innovative stuff, while GTA:Online is limited to a sh*tty freeroam with people running and gunning.

Just Cause 2 third party multiplayer has anti piracy measures, Euro Truck Simulator 2 MP third party client has anti piracy measures. SA:MP had none because the game itself had none. Stop speaking sh*t about stuff you obviously don't know. V:MP is a great thing, because it allows all kinds of servers. I'd like to see you go roleplay in GTA:Online session.

Calm your tits.

I didn't say that i hate third party multiplayer mods, i just hate the fact that they don't add md5 checksum or some simple sh*t to prevent the pirate peasants from playing multiplayer.

sasuke78200
  • sasuke78200

Time moves forward and nothing change

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Don't you think that pirates can disable your "md5 checksum" ?

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

Most of them are dumb.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Most of them are dumb.

You don't seriously expect that every single person has to do it by themselves? It'll always be as simple as copying files, that's why DRM is about as useful as a pile of dog sh*t.

DRM always hurts the consumer (Buyers), not the pirates. Woopie, it took an extra day to crack the game, this DRM is unbreakable.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Ah, AlterIWNet. Those were the days. Weren't you working on a Black Ops version at the time they sent you that cease and desist?

Also I think they were a couple new maps for MW2 that you guys were going to release as well.

Anyway I hope V:MP doesn't die as IV:MP did. Just thinking that we can play Online without the police breathing down our necks and maybe even improved payouts on the missions is great.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

SeV_
  • SeV_

V:MP Beta Tester

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

We current working in this MOD: 

GTAV:MP

http://www.vmultiplayer.net/forums

More informantions you can see in your forums..

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

So it seems they've made their site into an 'ode' (sarcastically meant) to me. I posted a line-by-line response myself, which won't be able to be posted here on GTAF seeing as IPB sets some idiotic quote limit in a single post.
  • Performer likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:37 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 24 August 2014 - 10:46 PM.

So it seems they've made their site into an 'ode' (sarcastically meant) to me. I posted a line-by-line response myself, which won't be able to be posted here on GTAF seeing as IPB sets some idiotic quote limit in a single post.

That sucks... I remember when someone made a site pretending to be me and started DDOSing this one mans game whom I was actually a good friend of... lets just say that sh*t got settled quickly....

ADVISE: NO server advertisement intended!

Not only Stunt servers, but any idea can be brought to life using what SA-MP scripts offer.

Let's see how far did SA-MP go:

3. Hard Roleplay servers -  well, basically a server that imitates real life to the limits of the game. Players do act based on some rules, and the players that do not obey do the rules are punished/banned. Factions are no longer scripted, excepting the Police Department, Medical and Fire Department, and those secondary factions that are created by players, like gangs, that are considered to be adequate to the rank of official (so, scripted). By being scripted, they would be able to create drugs and weapons. On hard roleplay servers, all players' colors are white, therefore metagaming is avoided. Here is a list of all the terms that you need to know, make sure you check it : http://forum.sa-mp.c...ad.php?t=202229

Hope you enjoy the documentation, let's hope for something like this in V:MP!

Yea I used to be involved in Hard Roleplay servers a few years back (LS-RP being one, US-RP being another)... Apparently I am a really good RPer

good times, I am still respected (And Perma Banned) on LS-RP sadly...

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

Most of them are dumb.

You are the moron here. Thinking DRM is a good thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users